UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

7/1/13 12:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/01/13 12:18 AM
BEFORE AND AFTER THE RESULTS OF THE UFC HOME FITNESS DVD!
SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!!!
7/1/13 12:19 AM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol P90X

7/1/13 12:52 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
895 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol

7/1/13 12:52 AM
chadk
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SubbedZER0 -

THIS MAN WILL FACE HIS TONED OLDER BROTHER

Dude, it looks like one of those Weider bodybuilder supplement ads showing results after only 8 weeks on Beefcake 2000. Phone Post
7/1/13 1:10 AM
Randy Watson
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

OMG...youtube these

Julian Jackson

Earnie Shavers

Gerald McClellan

John Mugabi

Khaosai Galaxy 

just to name a few that the hardcore fans know of.

This and

Bob Foster

David Tua

Thomas Hearns

Carlos Zarate

Naseem Hamad

And,

Alexis Arguello
Rueben Olivares
Salvador Sanchez
7/1/13 2:14 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
895 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nice fighters there too Randy lol

7/1/13 3:18 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Ward on Golovkin

7/1/13 3:48 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

FMJ/Canelo in Mexico

7/1/13 9:27 AM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Ward on Golovkin

that view of the theatre walls behind Ward is a good look at the way they do the Acoustics of the MGM Grand Theatre @ foxwoods, place has great sound

7/1/13 4:47 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sergio apparently wants Golovkin. That's courage.

7/1/13 5:21 PM
SubbedZER0

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 

Sergio apparently wants Golovkin. That's courage.

Props to Sergio,

That low, powerful stance of Golovkin is probably what interests Martinez. Thinking footwork on him most likely IMO

7/1/13 5:24 PM
SubbedZER0

PS - I say we put Barry Bonds in the 1000VTFU Club for an epic Boxing thread.

7/1/13 5:38 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I'm sure Sergio is going to ask for a lot of money.

7/1/13 5:41 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-32000-fans-mob-mayweather-vs-canelo-presser--67201

32,000 fans at the presser in Mexico

7/1/13 5:41 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=67200#ixzz2Xpfz1VW4 This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Golovkin Back on HBO in November, May Fight Before That

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=67200#ixzz2Xpg52gWk
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Bill "Two Scoops" Emes

According to Tom Loeffler, managing director of K2 Promotions, IBO/WBA middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (27-0, 24KOs) will return to HBO on a date in November. Golovkin has already fought three times this year, with knockout victories over Gabe Rosado, Nobuhiro Ishida and last Saturday's drilling of Matthew Macklin. While Golovkin is looking to return in November, Loeffler would like to complete his boxer's goal of fighting five times in 2013. If the right opportunity comes up, they would take a fight in August or September.

"The next HBO date is set for November. However, there are two other options in August and September that we're weighing and we'll decide which one makes the most sense. We definitely want to fight five times this year. We want to make a statement this year with Gennady being the most active champion around. The next HBO date is in November, but if an opportunity came up in-between then, we would definitely fight in-between," Loeffler said.

7/1/13 5:43 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=67214#ixzz2XpgIyuLv This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Abraham is Eager To Make Boxing Film With David Haye

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=67214#ixzz2XpgOYbiJ
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Actor-producer John Abraham has expressed his desire to make a film on boxing and cast none other than former world champion David Haye, with whom he has collaborated for a flagship fitness-boxing center.

He has partnered with David to introduce boxing as a mode of fitness in the country. "I grew up on Rocky series and that's why I went to the gym too. I would like to get a credible film where boxing is taken seriously. I want people to see my film and say that's a first timer in India," John told reporters.

David is currently rated world number three heavyweight contender by the Transnational Boxing Ranking Board. He got some offers from Hollywood as well. When John met him they spoke about Indian films.

"I expressed my plan about the film that I am planning to make on boxing. That's when he (David) showed interest in the project and said he wants to work together on this project," John said.

"With the kind of films that are being accepted today, I feel, with the capacity of a producer and an actor, someone like David would be far more accepted when he comes onscreen and shows boxing in a (different) light."

The 40-year-old actor-producer is an avid boxing enthusiast and is keen on incorporating boxing as a form of exercise in India.

7/1/13 5:44 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=67217#ixzz2XpgaZ2pf This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Ward on The Goossen Dispute, Top Rank Rumors

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=67217#ixzz2Xpggi8LF

By Ryan Maquiñana

Super middleweight champion Andre Ward explained the reasons behind his recent arbitration dispute with promoter Dan Goossen on HBO’s The Fight Game Saturday night.

Ward had called for an emergency hearing with the California State Athletic Commission last Tuesday as he was seeking a release from his contract with Goossen, his promoter since 2004.  However, on Friday, the commission ruled in favor of upholding the contract and the extension Ward signed in 2011.

“I simply want my co-promoter Antonio Leonard, who has been my co-promoter since 2008 when he bought out Square Ring, Roy Jones’s company, and my trusted advisor and manager [James Prince], who frankly I’ve known long before I ever met Dan Goossen, to be at the negotiating table and in the room talking to the network and helping to negotiate my fights,” Ward said.

Goossen informed BoxingScene.com/CSNBayArea.com earlier this spring that Ward was targeting a September return, and it appeared that Ward was still amenable to patching things up as long as his terms were met.

“This is the way I want these things to be done,” Ward said.  “I’m the captain of my ship and I’m the boss of my team.  I am the guy that’s leading the charge, and as long as everybody understands that, and respects that, then we can move forward with the fight in September.  But if we don’t have an understanding, which it looks like we don’t right now, then we have a major problem.”

Speculation has run rampant that if successful with his release, that Ward would sign with Top Rank and CEO Bob Arum in order to secure a fight down the line with Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.  Ward denied that was the case when host Jim Lampley asked him first if he was eyeing a move to Top Rank, and second, if he was pursuing a Chavez clash.

“That’s a two-part question,” Ward said.  “I’ll agree with the latter part, but the former part is just flat-out wrong, and it’s really unfortunate because I’ve seen a lot of writers I respect run with that story without talking to me first.

“That’s a very superficial reason to try to leave a promoter.  You know, I’m a man of my word, and as long as my contract is binding, I’m going to adhere to my contract like I always have.  And people have to understand that litigation, these types of things, lawsuits, they cost money, and that’s the wrong reason to get out of a contract.”

Ward then turned his attention to a possible Chavez fight, which he believed could be finalized without having to jump ship to Top Rank.

“Frankly, I think that fight can be made,” Ward said.  “I don’t think that’s a fight that Bob is running from.  People have to understand that Dan Goossen and my team successfully negotiated with Bob to close the [Kelly] Pavlik deal.  That deal was signed, sealed, and delivered before I got hurt.

“I just think that’s a fight with Chavez Jr. that can be made the way things are right now.  As long as Chavez wants it, I want it, the I’m sure HBO wants it, the fans want to see it.  And those are the type of major fights—not just a premium network fight, but a major pay-per-view fight that I’m in line for, and I think Chavez wants it and everyone involved wants it.”

7/1/13 5:49 PM
SubbedZER0

one final thing Barry,

I want to formal apologize for mixing up Virgil Hunter with Buddy McGirt. Virgil without the taxicab hat and the McGirt style glasses threw me off. When Mack came in I was like 'Did Barry's head get bigger?...How the fuck did he grow a beard that fast?'

smh

7/1/13 10:34 PM
chadk
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Had my youngsters working on shoulder bumps, arm cranks, and other dirty boxing tricks tonight lol. Good times. Phone Post
7/1/13 10:38 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I love Floyd's elbow seperation (inside boxing) which turns into an uppercut, left hook, straight right combo.

7/1/13 10:39 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol Subb, if you haven't watched the telecast, please do so...Hunter is a creepier in the corner, gives Greg Jackson a run for his money.

7/1/13 10:48 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

that would be interesting, I know Schaefer is still working on getting Garcia/Matthysse done. I rather see Garcia/Matthysse. So that could be just shit talking...

IBF has ordered Froch vs Groves

7/1/13 11:15 PM
chadk

RCP_TT4LIFE - Barry what do you think about this Alvarado and Garcia twitter beef?

Are they trolling us or are they really gonna fight?
For those of us without Twitter, what's being said? Phone Post
7/2/13 2:37 AM
PoundforPound
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/02/13 2:38 AM
Not sure what is being said but Alvarado is with Top Rank, Garcia with Golden Boy. So I wouldn't expect that to ever come about.
7/2/13 3:35 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Actually, Alvarado vs Garcia would be pretty sick.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.