UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

7/5/13 12:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bonersaurus - 
OmgItsTheWams - Man this thread is like a sanctuary for boxing knowledge amazing you can actually have such a nice thread on the ug Phone Post
It really is. I don't post in here as I'm just getting back into boxing again and there's not much I can contribute. No name calling over disagreements on who will beat who, just people dropping knowledge. This thread is amazing. Phone Post 3.0

You can contribute your opinion my fren. After all thats al we have.
I expect more posts from you!
7/5/13 12:29 PM
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MUST WIN fight for David Price later this evening.
7/5/13 3:44 PM

Anyone have some links for the the David Price vs TT fight later?
7/5/13 3:49 PM

nm fights tomorrow
7/5/13 6:48 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
877 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks for the vid Unique, please share more info on Andrea Hill lol

7/5/13 7:31 PM
stillmatic
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SubbedZER0 - 

Golovkin in a 10rd Competitive fight

Figured i'd post it for you guys considering he gets alot of criticism here. There also seems to be a fan or friend defending him on the YouTube page telling of his Visa issues before the fight

Ouma is a tough motherfucker. He also has a great chin and throws a lot of punches. He was past his prime against GGG, but nobody ever looks amazing against him either. He has the kind of style that's hard to totally shut down.

7/5/13 8:06 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

thanks for the post Tebow, if he can make WW healthy, wish him the best of luck...

and I will say it again, it's everyone on here contributing that makes it a great thread, thanks again to everyone.

Subb, find yourself a nice Armenian American, the ones fresh off the boat are a tough nut too crack lol.

The juice is worth the squeeze Mr Bonds, these ladies of the Americas are dissapointing in overall character. A strong Western Asian/Eastern European woman needs to step up here.

Latin American can jump in there too though :)

7/5/13 8:15 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stillmatic - 
SubbedZER0 - 

Golovkin in a 10rd Competitive fight

Figured i'd post it for you guys considering he gets alot of criticism here. There also seems to be a fan or friend defending him on the YouTube page telling of his Visa issues before the fight

Ouma is a tough motherfucker. He also has a great chin and throws a lot of punches. He was past his prime against GGG, but nobody ever looks amazing against him either. He has the kind of style that's hard to totally shut down.

It upsets me when guys like Ouma don't get their chance to get a bit more of a name or a television shot here in America.

I'm literally sure i've pissed the thread off mentioning the names Hassan N'dam and Olesegun Ajose so many times after their American tv debuts in Brooklyn. I'm pissed their phones haven't rang to be seen again considering they were placed against top talent and performed at a level that had viewers asking questions.

7/5/13 9:05 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
877 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SubbedZER0 - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

thanks for the post Tebow, if he can make WW healthy, wish him the best of luck...

and I will say it again, it's everyone on here contributing that makes it a great thread, thanks again to everyone.

Subb, find yourself a nice Armenian American, the ones fresh off the boat are a tough nut too crack lol.

The juice is worth the squeeze Mr Bonds, these ladies of the Americas are dissapointing in overall character. A strong Western Asian/Eastern European woman needs to step up here.

Latin American can jump in there too though :)

bring me the Latin or Asians lol

7/6/13 12:21 AM
SubbedZER0

Bonds, I have to ask your take on the RJJ v Anderson boxing match

Where does Roy stand here if boxing rules are implemented and Anderson accepts/the fight happens within 2 years time? Is Roy biting off a bit too much here in your eyes?

7/6/13 12:24 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

was discussing it on the other thread. I think Roy has too many tricks imo, he's been Boxing for over three decades lol, his Ring IQ would be too much for Anderson. Look at the guys Anderson clowns in MMA, not only are they mostly low level strikers, they can't box for shit either. 

I just worry if it does happen, and somehow Anderson beats him, the fan boys will talk shit...and they don't understand what type of a fighter Roy was in his prime.

7/6/13 12:48 AM
SubbedZER0

Roy's prime was all about that speed/athleticism/ring IQ IMO. I think you're right on the ring IQ being flat overwhelming for Anderson. What worries me here would be it's Anderson Silva, that's quite a bit more to deal with than the aspect of a 'puncher's chance' for me lol

7/6/13 12:50 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Edited: 07/06/13 12:50 AM

I just feel it's a whole different ball game, too many elements in Boxing then MMA...Anderson is an incredible athlete, but a good boxer he's not.

but Roy is old lol

7/6/13 1:03 AM
chadk
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A year or two ago, there was a video of Anderson getting outboxed by some journeyman at the Wild Card Gym on the UG. Phone Post
7/6/13 1:04 AM
SubbedZER0

and that's the issue for me, the age scenario for Roy here.

I think its safe to say Roy has probably forgot more than Anderson may know about boxing, but god damnit you better not clip old Roy, i'll be pissed.

7/6/13 1:08 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

I remember seeing that too Chad...

I would be pissed Subb lol

7/6/13 1:21 AM
SubbedZER0

if I remember correctly gents, this is the video

7/6/13 1:24 AM
SubbedZER0

and yes, this guy touches Anderson a few good times during the session. The video was uploded about 3 years ago, but if I had to judge only off those 6 minutes, looks like Roy's certainly going to get his shots in. Guy seemed to be able to place Anderson with some set-up punches/jabs/faints where he wanted him a couple times as well.

7/6/13 1:27 AM
stillmatic
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roy's punch resistance is done. Anderson on the other hand rarely gets hit clean. Anderson also has speed and power that would translate over to boxing. This to me is what would make the fight interesting if it did happen, which I hope it doesn't.

Roy was my favorite fighter growing up. He's ruined his legacy to many fans, but people forget he was untouchable in his prime. He reigned for a decade and absolutely dominated his competition.

7/6/13 1:28 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea that guy wasn't that good...I"M TRYIN COACH lol

7/6/13 1:37 AM
SubbedZER0

stillmatic - Roy's punch resistance is done. Anderson on the other hand rarely gets hit clean. Anderson also has speed and power that would translate over to boxing. This to me is what would make the fight interesting if it did happen, which I hope it doesn't.

Roy was my favorite fighter growing up. He's ruined his legacy to many fans, but people forget he was untouchable in his prime. He reigned for a decade and absolutely dominated his competition.

Anderson uses his angles well, turns his body and head and rolls with the shots well too. My question for that is the ring IQ of Roy. I'd imagine Roy shows Anderson alot of different looks to set up the shots he wants.

basically IMO i'm thinking Roy's IQ vs. Does his chin fail him?

7/6/13 1:40 AM
SubbedZER0

Side Note - I really want that Ali drawing that you see on the wall behind Anderson and the other guy on the still frame before you play the video

7/6/13 1:51 AM
stillmatic

SubbedZER0 - 
stillmatic - Roy's punch resistance is done. Anderson on the other hand rarely gets hit clean. Anderson also has speed and power that would translate over to boxing. This to me is what would make the fight interesting if it did happen, which I hope it doesn't.

Anderson uses his angles well, turns his body and head and rolls with the shots well too. My question for that is the ring IQ of Roy. I'd imagine Roy shows Anderson alot of different looks to set up the shots he wants.

I think a lot of that would depend on how Anderson fights. He's very inexperienced when it comes to boxing, so it's tough to say how he reacts in there. If he gives Roy too much respect, it could be a long night for him. Roy likes to fight at a slow pace, set traps, potshot and get out.

The blueprint to beat him these days is pretty simple, you just get him on the ropes and pound on him. Roy doesn't have the legs to get off the ropes anymore and all he can do is cover up. In his prime, he was impossible to pin there. He would lay on the ropes voluntarily and make his opponents miss badly when he got bored in a fight. He doesn't have those kind of reflexes anymore.
7/6/13 1:55 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

nice breakdowns gents

7/6/13 2:15 AM
SubbedZER0

stillmatic - 
SubbedZER0 - 

I think a lot of that would depend on how Anderson fights. He's very inexperienced when it comes to boxing, so it's tough to say how he reacts in there. If he gives Roy too much respect, it could be a long night for him. Roy likes to fight at a slow pace, set traps, potshot and get out.

The blueprint to beat him these days is pretty simple, you just get him on the ropes and pound on him. Roy doesn't have the legs to get off the ropes anymore and all he can do is cover up. In his prime, he was impossible to pin there. He would lay on the ropes voluntarily and make his opponents miss badly when he got bored in a fight. He doesn't have those kind of reflexes anymore.

I'm with Bonds per usual, I like what you said here. I have to admit, I have only seen a couple of Roy's recent fights, I belive both the Lebedev bouts. After the Calzaghae loss I lost touch with him outside of when I got serious enjoyment out of the 'Captain Hook' shorts for the Lacy fight to rival the knickname 'Left Hook' Lacy.

That being said i'm useless on the conversation of the blueprint to beat Roy these days, but I'm with you on his prime. One of the things I remember specifically about when he met with Rashad Evans for some tips, stressing his theory of being backed up to the cage/ropes. He said something along the lines of 'You're still in control here, that's what alot of boxer's forget, you can still dictate the action from right here. Too many thinking they're in a situation with more danger than there really is and just want to get out before their opponent unloads'

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.