UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

6/24/13 12:36 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PoundforPound
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is the most annoying personality in boxing right now, without question.
6/24/13 1:46 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
894 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=66944#ixzz2X6rQwYru This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Schaefer Breaks Down The Options For Adrien Broner

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=66944#ixzz2X6rVkL00
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Bill "Two Scoops" Emes

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer says WBA welterweight champion Adrien Broner (27-0, 22KOs) has a lot of options for the future. Broner, still the WBC champion at 135, captured the WBA belt from Paulie Malignaggi on Saturday at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Schaefer would love to see Broner face Marcos Maidana next, but there are a lot of other options for Broner at welterweight and also at 140-pounds.

"We first have to see if he wants to stay at 147 or not. The question for Adrien will be - does he want to defend his title, does he want to go 140, he is still the lightweight champion as well, he did not give up that belt yet. I do not see him going back to lightweight. We have to see what he wants to do. For example, a fight between Adrien and Marcos Maidana, I would love to see that as a fan. The division is so deep, there are so many names there....Amir Khan, Devon Alexander, Victor Ortiz, Robert Guerrero. The names go on and on and there will be some big fights for Adrien," Schaefer said.

6/24/13 2:04 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
894 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=66946#ixzz2X6vwbXoi This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

HBO Gives Hearn Four Possible Names For Carl Froch

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=66946#ixzz2X6w0tsXe
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Edward Chaykovsky

Promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Sport recently held a meeting with HBO, who expressed their interest in having IBF/WBA "regular" super middleweight champion Carl Froch face four possible opponents on their network - including a trilogy with Mikkel Kessler, a rematch with Andre Ward, a battle with IBO/WBA middleweight champion Gennandy Golovkin and former middleweight beltholder Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

Hearn told The Daily Telegraph: "We want to keep Carl on Sky Box Office in the UK, and we have three names here in Europe we'd like him to fight. Kessler again, possibly, in a trilogy fight, George Groves, and James DeGale. But I think Groves and DeGale are bigger fights down the line."

"Home Box Office have come up with four names - Kessler, Ward, Golovkin and Cesar Chavez Jr. I think we will end up facing Ward next spring in an outdoor venue in the UK. We want it over here. It's great for Carl that there is such great interest in him both over here, and in the United States.

"He is finally where he belongs in boxing. People say that he wouldn't beat Ward because of their styles, but behind the scenes before that fight [Dec 2011] he was stale, and mentally not right. He's a different animal now. Look at the way he was against Lucien Bute and Kessler this time around."

6/24/13 10:01 AM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have been calling for GGG VS Froch for a couple months now. DO IT!!!!
6/24/13 7:11 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Rios says Maidana would KO Broner, fat Joan Guzman is  calling Broner out now lol. Paulie says Broner is not that good.

6/24/13 7:11 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Floyd said there's too many belts in Boxing, would like to clean that up.

Said Canelo is a risk, but feels no one beats him right now.

6/24/13 7:12 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=66970#ixzz2XB70gHsG

By Robert Morales

A source close to the situation told BoxingScene.com on Monday that an arbitration hearing involving the California State Athletic Commission will be held Tuesday to discuss the status of super middleweight champion Andre Ward (26-0, 14KOs) and his promotional contract with Goossen Tutor Promotions.

Rumors in the industry have suggested that Ward is trying to break free from his contract with Goossen Tutor, which is headed by longtime promoter Dan Goossen.

Ward, who had shoulder surgery in January, has not fought since stopping Chad Dawson in the 10th round of a title defense in Oakland, Calif.

6/24/13 7:23 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Broner wont be happy lol

6/24/13 8:30 PM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Rios says Maidana would KO Broner, fat Joan Guzman is  calling Broner out now lol. Paulie says Broner is not that good.

Well i'm sorry but someone is going to have to tell Guzman that Broner won't accept the fight at light heavyweight

6/24/13 9:09 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol subb.

6/24/13 11:02 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Floyd wants his fighters to undergo year round testing.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article14620.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
6/24/13 11:55 PM
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It amazing how much more enjoyable this boxing thread is compared to the other boxing threads on here.
6/25/13 12:19 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

I think it's just the quality of posters on this thread.

6/25/13 12:34 AM
91W209
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just watched Paulie vs bronner. Been avoiding this thread for day.... Glad I did because I didn't know the outcome. But shit, what was better the fight or the interviews? Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 1:02 AM
Randy Watson
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=66944#ixzz2X6rQwYru This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Schaefer Breaks Down The Options For Adrien Broner

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=66944#ixzz2X6rVkL00

By Bill "Two Scoops" Emes

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer says WBA welterweight champion Adrien Broner (27-0, 22KOs) has a lot of options for the future. Broner, still the WBC champion at 135, captured the WBA belt from Paulie Malignaggi on Saturday at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Schaefer would love to see Broner face Marcos Maidana next, but there are a lot of other options for Broner at welterweight and also at 140-pounds.

"We first have to see if he wants to stay at 147 or not. The question for Adrien will be - does he want to defend his title, does he want to go 140, he is still the lightweight champion as well, he did not give up that belt yet. I do not see him going back to lightweight. We have to see what he wants to do. For example, a fight between Adrien and Marcos Maidana, I would love to see that as a fan. The division is so deep, there are so many names there....Amir Khan, Devon Alexander, Victor Ortiz, Robert Guerrero. The names go on and on and there will be some big fights for Adrien," Schaefer said.

The names go on and on, but stop short of Matthysse it would seem....
6/25/13 1:11 AM
Randy Watson
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Same promoter I guess.
6/25/13 1:27 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol the post fight interviews were great

6/25/13 4:18 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Canelo/FMJ will be using 10 Ounce Gloves.

6/25/13 6:19 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=67008#ixzz2XGk27LVr This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Kirkland Will Be a Free Agent, Judge Voids GBP Contract

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=67008#ixzz2XGkBrhFY

By Rick Reeno

BoxingScene.com has received a copy of federal court order from the Central District of California, and Judge Margaret M. Morrow voided James Kirkland's promotional agreement, and his extension, with Golden Boy Promotions.

On August 16, 2012, Kirkland commenced this action against Golden Boy, claiming his contract was illegal. Golden Boy Promotions counter-sued for breach of contract. On February 5, 2013, Kirkland filed a motion for judgment on the pleadings.

The judge agreed with Kirkland's papers, partially granting his attorney's motion for Summary Judgement.  Kirkland is represented by Sekou Gary.

The judge felt Kirkland's contract was illegal because the extensions bound him to Golden Boy beyond the allowed contractual period of five years. Kirkland signed an extension in 2011, after serving some time in prison for a firearm - but the judge deemed the extension invalid.

Two paragraphs of language were cited in the order.

Contracts between boxers and managers and between boxers or managers and licensed clubs shall be executed on printed forms approved by the commission. The commission may recognize or enforce a contract not on its printed form if entered into in another jurisdiction. No other contract or agreement may be recognized or enforced by the commission.” 4 CAL. CODE REGS. § 220.

Unless otherwise directed by the commission, a contract between a boxer and a manager or a boxer and a promoter is not valid unless both parties appear at the same time before the commission or a commission representative and it receives written approval. No contract shall be approved between a manager and a boxer or a promoter and a boxer for a period exceeding five years. No option to extend the initial period shall be permitted.” 4 CAL. CODE REGS. § 222.

It was interesting that the judge used Oscar De la Hoya's contractual lawsuit against Top Rank, as part of several cases reviewed to render his decision in favor of Kirkland. De La Hoya is the President of Golden Boy.

In closing, the judge stated that portions of paragraphs 5 and 7 of the Promoter Agreement between Kirkland and Golden Boy are now void "for illegality" and the contract extension itself was voided. Kirkland's other requests in his motion were otherwise denied.

Instead of having him under contract through October of 2015, Kirkland will be free from Golden Boy on October 15, 2013.  Trial is still set for October 8, 2013 to resolve the remaining issues. Kirkland is suing Golden Boy with allegations that he was paid less than his contracted minimum on three ocassions. Golden Boy has pending counter-claims against Kirkland.

Kirkland (31-1, 27KOs), who recently went through some more legal trouble, has not fought since last March, when he grabbed a controversial disqualification win over Carlos Molina.

6/25/13 6:48 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heard Garcia and Zab might fight again, doesnt seem like fans will be happy about this.

Is he just ducking  Matthysse? 

6/25/13 6:56 PM
Hikikomori
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - 

Heard Garcia and Zab might fight again, doesnt seem like fans will be happy about this.

Is he just ducking  Matthysse? 

yup, garcia is demanding $5 million to fight matthy
6/25/13 6:58 PM

Danny Garcia is a punk, take your Matthysse beating like a man. There is more respect in that.
6/25/13 7:06 PM
RCP_TT4LIFE
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/25/13 7:07 PM
You can just tell from his reaction from the Peterson fight that Danny had no interest in fighting Matthysse. Usually I wouldn't base my opinion on something like that but it was so blatantly obvious that Danny was grade A shook. He was looking for that exit real quick.

Fight isn't happening folks. I hope Matthysse vs Maidana happens on Sept 7th instead.
6/25/13 7:40 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=66984#ixzz2XH4LizQR This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Mayweather: Beating Canelo Will Not Please My Critics

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=66984#ixzz2XH4R576u

By Bill “Two Scoops” Emes

Floyd Mayweather Jr. (44-0, 26KOs) does not see WBC/WBA junior middleweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez (42-0-1, 26KOs) as having any effect on his legacy, good or bad. Mayweather faces Canelo on September 14th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Mayweather says a convincing win over Canelo will not be enough to please his critics, who he believes are already making excuses for why Canelo is not going to win.

“[Canelo] does not have any effect on my legacy. If Floyd Mayweather Jr. retired today, I would go down as an all-time great. Like I said before, I didn’t give this sport my whole life to say another fighter is better than me. Absolutely not [the critics will not be satisfied when I beat Canelo], the excuse that’s going to come after the fight is that he didn’t have enough experience. I’ve come to learn and understand that you cannot make everybody happy. You cannot please everybody. The only thing I can do is go out there, stay focused and keeping winning fights,” Mayweather said.

6/25/13 7:41 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea Garcia looks like a punk if he fights Zab again...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.