UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

7/9/13 1:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SubbedZER0
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Finally, that rematch was deserved after he lost it IMO, they had plans for Donaire.

Bonds, recommend me some of the Armo bros. The only fight I have on my comp is Darchinyan v Donaire 1. Would like some Maritrosyan (spelling?) and Darchinyan good fights/KOs  on there. What fights do you suggest of these killers?

7/9/13 2:12 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
884 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nothing special with Vanes right now..

but Darchinyan and Abraham are the best Armos.

Vic vs Mijares/Arce/Mares/Perez are good ones

Abraham vs Miranda I, II/Stieglitz I/Ikeke/Jermaine Taylor

7/9/13 2:48 AM
SubbedZER0
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you sir, i'm off to check out some Abraham

didn't know Vic fought Abner. I'm still learning alot on anything below the 135s

7/9/13 2:51 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
884 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yes, it was a close SD loss for Vic

7/9/13 2:53 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Keep forgetting you're Armenian. If you ever lose a SN bet to me you will be known temporarily as BarryKardashian Phone Post 3.0
7/9/13 3:09 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

ahahahahahaha....don't ever mention me in the same sentence as those trashwhores....plus they are part Armenian...I'm full.

7/9/13 3:20 AM
SubbedZER0

Edited: 07/09/13 4:23 AM

With all races, there are certain people who are not approved.

White people stake no claim for George W, he isn't vouched for lol

Black people stake no claim for OJ Simpson, they don't vouch for him

Mexicans don't like Victor Ortiz, they don't vouch for him

and if I was Armenian.....no fucking way would i vouch for a Kardashian!

EDITED - Exception being father Kardashian (oj lawyer) and any family above. The guy got OJ acquitted. Thats like +5 Armo nation

7/9/13 10:31 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

hahaha, good break down bro

7/9/13 10:32 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=67499#ixzz2Ybd3wXI2 This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Marcos Maidana Wants Broner, But Not For Short Money

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=67499#ixzz2YbdNsUIx
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Elisinio Castillo

Top welterweight contender Marcos Maidana (34-3, 31KOs) is very interested in facing WBA champion Adrien Broner (27-0, 22KOs), but only if the money is right. Maidana will not allow himself to be disrespected by accepting a fight with Broner for short money. If possible, Maidana would rather not face one of his countrymen, Diego Chaves or Lucas Matthysse.

"I do not avoid anybody, but the truth is I prefer not to fight with other Argentinians....not with Diego Chaves or with Lucas Matthysse. I do not want to [be the one to] spoil the business that my compatriots [have going]. I hope the fight with Broner takes place because I am going to receive the best purse of my career. But if there is not a lot of money involved, I will not fight. I believe that I've earned my position," Maidana told Adrien Morcheleena.

7/9/13 10:34 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=67478#ixzz2Ybdr1fY2 This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Mayweather: Broner Being Moved Slow, He's on The Rise

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=67478#ixzz2YbdzM6RN
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Keith Idec

Two weeks after admitting Adrien Broner’s failure to knock out Paulie Malignaggi disappointed him, Floyd Mayweather Jr. made it clear how he feels about Broner being carefully constructed into a star.

“With Broner, I think they’re moving him slow,” Mayweather said while he was a guest Monday with DJ Whoo Kid. “They’re taking their time. They know what opponents to choose for him. But that was a great victory for him against Malignaggi. But Malignaggi, he’s a hell of a boxer. I like Broner. That’s my little brother. I like Broner, a young champion on the rise.”

After some back and forth with the host, Mayweather added, “But Broner’s a great young guy. He has a lot to learn. He has a lot to learn, but he’s a great young kid. I’m a veteran. I’ve been around the sport 17 years, dominating.”

The unbeaten Broner became a three-division champion at the age of 23 when the Cincinnati native defeated Malignaggi (32-5, 7 KOs) by split decision in their 12-round fight for the WBA welterweight title June 22 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

Mayweather, considered by Broner to be a “big brother” and “mentor,” watched the fight from a ringside seat. Two days later, however, Mayweather surprised some reporters and boxing observers when he criticized Broner’s performance during the first stop on a 10-city, nine-day tour to promote his Sept. 14 fight against Mexican star Saul “Canelo” Alvarez (42-0-1, 30 KOs).

“I’m proud of Adrien Broner’s victory,” Mayweather told reporters in a ballroom in a Times Square hotel June 24. “There’s a lot of things he still has to learn. Me personally, I feel that he should’ve got the knockout.”

The 36-year-old Mayweather (44-0, 26 KOs) and Broner (27-0, 22 KOs) have repeatedly stated that they won’t even consider fighting each other, despite that they’re both undefeated welterweight champions. Mayweather wasn’t subtle, though, in assessing the ascension of a developing champion that some might consider competition for boxing’s pound-for-pound king.

“I just feel like with my career, a lot of times they try to compare the two,” Mayweather said. “I love the kid, but you’ve got to realize, just look at my career. I already fought a guy that was so crafty in Genaro Hernandez at 21 years old. I feel like in the sport of boxing now, a lot of these guys are fighting guys that’s handpicked, which I understand because this is a business, also.”

7/9/13 10:39 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=67483#ixzz2Ybf8slj5 This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Haye vs. Fury: Tyson Signs, Presser is Set For Thursday

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=67483#ixzz2YbfJ6hlU

By Terence Dooley & Jake Donovan

Promoters Eddie Hearn and Mick Hennessey has confirmed that Tyson Fury has signed on the dotted line for a showdown with former WBA heavyweight titlist David Haye on September 28 at Manchester's MEN Arena venue.  Haye signed his contract yesterday, prompting Peter Fury, Fury's trainer, to tell BoxingScene that they were close to inking their side of the pact, and Team Fury have been as good as their word.

Fury, 21-0 (15), will hope to keep his winning run going, but London's Haye, 26-2 (24) is by far the Mancunian's stiffest test to date.  The 32-year-old former champion was in excellent form when beating Dereck Chisora by fifth-round TKO at Upton Park last July; Fury, 25, was floored by Steve Cuningham in their April encounter at New York's Madison Square Garden Theater venue yet got up to register a seventh-round KO win.

This meeting is bound to excite and the pre-fight press conferences may require a perspex screen a la Riddick Bowe versus Jorge Luis Gonzalez to seperate the two, as they have waged a war of words on Twitter in recent weeks and are both known for their colourful pre-fight antics.

An official press conference, where both fighters will be present, is scheduled for this Thursday in London.

7/9/13 10:57 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What do you think is a better fight Barry?  Klit vs Povetkin or Fury/Haye? 

7/9/13 11:02 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

the more competitive fight is Fury/Haye imo...I feel Haye wins, but if I had to choose one, that fight. It could be a blow out too.

7/9/13 11:05 PM
SubbedZER0

I'm answering anway, Fury v Haye. I'd imagine Haye wants a big stop on Fury to derail him and prove a point. That being said Fury must want to do the exact same to Haye, add in Manchester Arena, and ohhhhhh yes.

:)

7/9/13 11:29 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Russell Jr. forward to August 9th return

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article14728.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
7/9/13 11:48 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I aslo agree its Fury/Haye.  the trash talking and promotion leading up to that fight will be fun.  its gonna get heated and its an interesting fight.

if Fury wins he has to get a title shot right? 

7/10/13 12:11 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Arum is close to making Alvarado vs Provodnikov, Oct 19th in Denver.

7/10/13 12:41 AM
chadk
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

Arum is close to making Alvarado vs Provodnikov, Oct 19th in Denver.

Really? The boxing commission here takes a big chunk of the gate, I want to say %10, of all pro cards. That's why you don't see many big fights here any more. Be surprised if its held here. Arum doesn't strike me as the type to hand that much of his gate over. Phone Post
7/10/13 1:42 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea, he doesn't seem like the type either...maybe he's getting soft? lol, we'll see what happens.

7/10/13 2:07 AM
SubbedZER0

think Arum is compensating a bit more now that his old minions (Floyd and Oscar) are establishing connections and making big waves so to speak?

7/10/13 2:09 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea it crossed my mind too...Arum is probably getting pressured by HBO to make the best fights possible.

7/10/13 2:17 AM
SubbedZER0

If I had to think from Bob's shoes, I just watched my prospect under Oscar leave and make his own mark.

I've watched my 'Golden Boy' grow up to hate me just the same, and somewhat bond with Floyd and create business over it, which now legitimately threatens his. On top of that ,he doesn't tell anyone he hates the shit out of me really. He actually is on camera 'ok, no problem Bob, you don't want to talk? Just have someone send a dollar sign and we'll make the fight anyway'. Floyd now withdraws millions on the regular, and is building a generation of fighters to raise up with Oscars.

Yeah my hair would flip gray that fast too.

7/10/13 2:19 AM
SubbedZER0

Also, an honest question for the thread.

I caught a pretty heated argument the other day between a couple people over someone claiming 'MMA gyms want the money these days, boxing gyms still care who walks in'

Thoughts?

7/10/13 2:20 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

good post, voted up.

7/10/13 2:21 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

don't know how other MMA gym are, but we are very reasonable...Boxing gyms will be cheaper, but much harder to get a coach to pay the attention to you...too many guys. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.