UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

7/10/13 2:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was the exact counter argument.

If I had to sum it up. Person A = Felt that Martial Arts had been driving towards making money instead of the better of lives. Person B = Basically said what you did, comparing to a boxing gym isn't fair, because plenty of people walk in but don't get to see that time, end up walking out. Doesn't mean you can claim the better people are in boxing gyms.

Person A also felt that with the situation of a boxing gym, you stand alot less of a chance of learning technique that you can use in a shitty way when you exit the doors of the gym (being the active rolling and sit classes in MMA vs Head Trainer or Gym Coach time in boxing. Person B dropped the 'not all gyms are the same, boxing hosts some sit down classes, but you find less often.

This was a good 45 minutes last Sun.

7/10/13 2:38 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
867 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol...there was a thread about not giving prices over the phone on here...It was a nice read on how other members/fighters on here handle their gyms. Everyone is different, some Taekwondo gyms are ridiculous, you have to fork out money every promotion. Plus it's one discipline, some BJJ gyms are expensive too, again one discipline. 

We offer multiple disciplines plus kid classes, and we are very reasonable. If people are serious, they'll pay whatever it is to train.

7/10/13 2:50 AM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I never entered the argument as I saw it as one big circle, no end.

Boxing gyms were created off the basis of moving violence into a professional lifestyle, learning discipline. Martial Arts gyms were created off the very basis of self defense in a rough situation, and general discipline.

Bottom line, the concept is true in both cases. The elite of the gym get noticed in either gym, and either pay on or don't have to anymore. You can argue who's walking around and abusing their discipline more, but all walks of life are in both sports IMO. To have a comparison of whos shit percentage is higher is a wind-pissing contest IMO

7/10/13 2:54 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
867 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

agreed 100%, couldn't have said it any better.

7/10/13 11:50 AM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alvarado vs Ruslan is about the best action fight that can be made right now.

Is Garcia vs Matthysse going down yet?
7/10/13 1:46 PM
chadk
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boxing gym fees are generally cheaper but good luck getting any trainer to bother with you unless you're fighting for him or paying him to work with you.
7/10/13 3:25 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

they are still trying to sort out Matthysse-Garcia.

7/10/13 5:41 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

From Alvarado "We aren't even close to a deal. My last 4 fights been fight of the year candidates. I'm very grateful to Top Rank but it's my turn to get paid like a world champ. Why would I accept less money to fight Provodnikov, than what [Brandon] Rios got paid to fight me? Does that make any sense? Listen the fight will probably happen, but we need to get my money right first. Mr. [Bob] Arum is a great man and I'm sure he will get it done," Alvarado wrote.
7/10/13 5:44 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

hearing Pavlik is going to fight RJJ  lol

7/10/13 5:50 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

LOL

7/10/13 5:51 PM
SubbedZER0

Good for Alvarado.

Bob Arum - 'How we doin Mike? One for the team....whatdya say....xxx.xx$$?'

Alvarado - 'How we doin Bob? No.'

*Bob slides behind the curtains for a minute*

'This fucking nightmare will never end'

7/10/13 5:57 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Russell Jr. interview.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article14729.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
7/10/13 5:58 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Cotto's HBO return fight will be where the Magic play.

7/10/13 6:08 PM
SubbedZER0

CrMartin, Look in the training forums and hit the boxing thread page.

Hit them up with a thread looking for a gym in the Toronto area and i'm sure you will get quality responses. Alot of knowledgeable vets over there, they are a bit skeptical of newbs and rightfully so though. Things are way peaceful and strictly informative on that page, and its full of '00-'03ers. I'm sure they'll throw some gyms out to you.

7/10/13 6:38 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

LOL

OWWWWW thatzzz my jam son!
7/10/13 6:42 PM
tbi0904
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hoppin out dat foreign car, wit a couple of foreign broads...smh. Phone Post
7/10/13 6:48 PM
SubbedZER0

In for eventual dance battle between Broners 'Band Camp' and Garcias 'Latin Goonies'

Which will consist of Danny rubbing his chest at Adrien while Adrien throws 100s and burys his face in a fat ass in front of Danny.

7/10/13 8:35 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

there's a deal nearly done for, Stevenson vs Cloud...I like it.

7/10/13 8:44 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

"WBA/WBO super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux (12-0, 8 KO’s) may have done a great job of beating WBO super bantamweight champion Nonito Donaire in schooling him badly in a fight televised by HBO last April from New York, but HBO has no interest in televising Rigondeaux’s next fight, according to Dan Rafael.

Rigondeaux’s promoter Bob Arum says HBO doesn’t want to televise Rigondeaux’s next fight and he’s not sure what he’ll do for his next fight.

Arum said to Rafael at ESPN “Every time I mention him [Rigondeaux], they throw up. So I have to figure out who I could put him in with.”

**** HBO and Arum, how they can let a boxer like Rigondeaux, he will **** up all the guys at 122, he schooled Donaire ! I don't understand...
7/10/13 8:58 PM
SubbedZER0

Hey listen, when you're funding a project for an Arturo Gatti clone machine, there really isn't much room on the budget for Guillermo Bonds.

7/10/13 9:03 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

HBO went full retard lol...now Butt head Arum doesn't know what to do, no Showtime either. It's all crumbling under Bobbie's feet.

7/10/13 9:11 PM
SubbedZER0

HBO = Helping Bobs Outreach for big fights.

7/10/13 9:12 PM
SubbedZER0

I'll take a 'Forcing' instead of 'Helping' there as well lol

7/10/13 9:14 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol..good stuff

7/10/13 9:25 PM
SubbedZER0

in serious talk. I enjoyed the Donaire v Riggy fight. I really liked round one with them toe to toe and looking to get technical in eachothers face right off the bat. Riggy cutting out on his angles and picking his straight leads, Donaire the only thing I can say is damn man how many left hooks in one fight, he circles away from it, its Riggy of all people you're fighting.

I think there are some good match ups yet. Idk why we wouldn't send a Santa Cruz or a Mares with Riggy

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.