UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

7/13/13 11:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hell I will probably even buy it, and I HATE Floyd. Never given him a cent in my life so far hehe.
I will support my guy Lucas!
Imagine if the put GGG vs Quillian on there too?
7/13/13 1:54 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
813 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm always supporting Floyd, once in a life time fighter

7/13/13 2:39 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just wish you wouldn't see so many posts on the current state of boxing and its viewing numbers from people who have absolutely no idea who's talked about in boxing right now or its numbers.

The numbers are falling off, nobody has any momentum, and we're only retreating further into the dark.

7/13/13 2:42 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
813 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol that's just insecurity on their part...can't accept the fact Boxing is here for a long, long time.

Where's Rogan btw? :)

7/13/13 3:41 PM
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boxing has its ebb's and flows just like any other sport.
It will always have a core fan base to keep it going.
7/13/13 4:39 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Brook vs Jones II on today

7/14/13 7:46 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt'ing the thread since I still can't get to my subbed threads.

7/15/13 12:58 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Raffy Marquez back with Nacho, inks with GBP

7/15/13 12:59 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=67661#ixzz2Z5Sz3jDb This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Boxer's Loss Spark Riot in Indonesia, at Least 18 Dead

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=67661#ixzz2Z5T6Ggut
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Ronnie Nathanielsz

Fight fans rioted in protest against a local boxer’s loss in a championship fight in a stadium in Papua province in eastern Indonesia with at least 18 people dead in a resulting stampede.

The Jakarta Post quoted Papua province police spokesman Lt. Col. Gede Sumerta Jaya who said the victims, mostly women, were trampled to death as about 1,500 spectators scrambled out of the stadium to escape the riot that broke out just before midnight Sunday.

The  Kota Lama Sport Stadium in the town of Nabire had only two working exits. Points awarded by a panel of judges decided the championship match for the Bupati Cup, or Regent Cup.

Jaya said that when the decision was announced the losing boxer's supporters threw chairs at the judges and the winner's supporters responded by throwing bottles and broken chairs, panicking people in the stadium He said 12 of the dead were women, and more than 40 other spectators were injured and hospitalized.

The boxers names were not mentioned in the report neither were the other fight details.
Police and soldiers were deployed to stop the fighting.

Nabire, about 3,200 kilometers east of Jakarta, is located on Cendrawasih Bay on the north coast of Papua.

7/15/13 12:59 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Mosley: Mundine clash likely next in Australia

7/15/13 1:03 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Zou Shiming will earn 500K in his 2nd pro fight.

7/15/13 1:03 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

Damn, will watch Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 1:33 AM
rudj
761 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@Barry_BondsMVP

Hey pal, made you a Rocky Marciano shirt. Drop it off tomorrow or next day.
7/15/13 1:36 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Rudy thanks buddy, I had an Idea for a Gennady Golovkin shirt, if you don't mind...

7/15/13 1:43 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Vanes: Andrade Fight Targeted For Pacquiao-Rios PPV

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=67664#ixzz2Z5eDDQtU
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Luis Sandoval

The WBO ordered title bout between Vanes Martirosyan and Demetrius Andrade appears to be headed to November 23rd in Macau, China on the undercard of the Manny Pacquiao and Brandon Rios mega fight.

There had been talks in the industry about the fight landing on that card but nothing had been officially announced and even Demetrius Andrade took to Twitter to remind people he had yet to agree to anything.

BoxingScene caught up with Martirosyan who was fresh off of talking to his manager Cameron Dunkin and Top Rank matchmaker Brad Goodman and from all accounts it looks like Macau will be the destination for this fight.

“I just spoke to Cameron [Dunkin] a little while ago and I just spoke to Brad Goodman and it looks like November 23rd in Macau, China. We haven't signed the papers yet but that's what they're looking at. It’s almost done and we just can't wait to go” Martirosyan would tell BoxingScene.

This will be Martirosyan’s first career title fight as the former Olympian has had a tough time getting the big names and champions in the ring. For Vanes, this will be a culmination of all the hard work and long roads it has taken to get to this point. Martirosyan is excited both for the opportunity and also to be able to fight on such a big stage overseas.

“I heard the fans are good over there. As far as the fight and the atmosphere its great man. It's a dream come true. I think I even heard [it] maybe co-main event. I don't know where it’s going to be [on the card] but I just can't wait. It's a blessing and it’s a big card and I'm just happy a lot of people will get to see” said Martirosyan.

With the fight seemingly looking like it will be in Macau, Martirosyan will be accompanying trainer Freddie Roach to the Philippines and training alongside the star of the card Manny Pacquiao. Vanes assures training in a different country will not be a distraction.

“[Freddie] told me it’s like an hour flight from the Philippines to Macau so it’s going to be good. We'll get used to the air [and time] and we should be good to go”.

You can expect for negotiations and details to be finalized in the coming days to make this fight official.

7/15/13 1:45 AM
rudj
761 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you bet. 

7/15/13 1:58 AM
Randy Watson
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Love to see Shane turn back the clock and level Mundine with a right hand. And there are no shortage of fellow Australians who would love to see the same thing.
7/15/13 10:49 AM

rudj - @Barry_BondsMVP

Hey pal, made you a Rocky Marciano shirt. Drop it off tomorrow or next day.

You make boxing shirts, eh?
7/15/13 10:55 AM

This weeks FNF is actually pretty interesting!

Olusegun Ajose vs. Hank Lundy is the main

July 27 on Showtime is a good card too!

Andre Berto vs. Jesus Soto Karass,
Omar Figueroa vs. Nihito Arakawa,
Diego Chaves vs. Keith Thurman

Just a heads up.
7/15/13 11:03 AM
SubbedZER0

Martirosyan v Andrade. Awesome fight. Def the test for Demetri that I think people are looking for him to take and get his name out there a little more

7/15/13 9:11 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Boxrec has Lara vs Trout on the September 14th card, would be amazing if that happens

7/15/13 9:18 PM
SubbedZER0

Edited: 07/15/13 9:23 PM

Showtime has been slaying HBO in terms of overall quality of the main or televised card this year. Bobs hair might fall the full way out by October 1st

7/15/13 9:22 PM
PoundforPound
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Trout vs. Lara on the undercard would be icing on the cake. Talk about a stacked card. (assuming Garcia-Matthysse gets made.)
7/15/13 9:25 PM
SubbedZER0

Bonds.........are we officially at war now for Martirosyan v Andrade?

7/15/13 9:28 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

yes, I hate you now...............

lol j/k bruh, should be a good scrap if made.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.