UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

11/26/12 12:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
896 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=59735#ixzz2DItcrjET This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article. By Ryan Maquiñana The Golden Boy brass was present for Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero's thrilling triumph in Ontario, Calif., over Andre Berto Saturday night, and commented on the winner's outing. "[It was a] beautiful performance," the promotional company's president Oscar De La Hoya told BoxingScene.com/CSNBayArea.com. "He did a great job. He showed the world he belongs at 147 [pounds], and let's go after the best." De La Hoya also touched on Guerrero's desire to fight pay-per-view superstar Floyd Mayweather (43-0, 26 KOs) next. "Robert Guerrero wants Floyd Mayweather," De La Hoya added. "We'll have to wait and see. Everybody wants Floyd Mayweather. Canelo [Alvarez] wants Floyd Mayweather. Canelo wants [Miguel] Cotto. Canelo wants [Sergio] Martinez, so we'll have to wait and see." Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer was more definitive with his vision for Guerrero (31-1-1, 18 KOs), a 29-year-old from Gilroy, Calif., who has secured title belts in four different weight classes. "This kind of performance, this kind of excitement Robert brings to the sport--that's what we have been waiting for," Schaefer said at the postfight presser. "I can't wait to get on the phone and see if I can get that Mayweather fight done." The man behind both Berto (28-2, 22 KOs) and Mayweather, incognito advisor Al Haymon, visited Guerrero and his team in the dressing room twice after the fight, acknowledging his adversary's impressive display and further adding fuel to the possibility of Mayweather-Guerrero sometime in 2013. Guerrero has the type of story compelling enough to pique mainstream interest. In 2010, he temporarily put his career on hold to tend to his wife Casey, who was diagnosed with leukemia that has since gone into remission. No stranger to misfortune from the boxing end, he also went through months of grueling rehab earlier this year to rebuild a torn rotator cuff in his left shoulder. "I'm just excited with how far I came and the position I'm in," Guerrero said. "All I can do is just thank God because he's blessed me with a lot, and that's where I'm at." Based on Schaefer's words, a pay-per-view fight should be in Guerrero's cards for the immediate future. "Tonight as I said as much as the win, was a statement," Schaefer said. "I think it was a definitely star-making performance--a performance which is going to reach other audiences outside of the hardcore boxing fans as well, so I really think it's the total package--the total package [as an HBO] "24/7" star and all these other things. "Because if he can walk through Berto like that, tell me what 147-pounder can beat this guy? Nobody. Nobody." Guerrero knocked Berto down in each of the first two rounds, then held off a furious charge from his foe en route to a unanimous decision win that was scored 116-110 across the board. The clash aired on HBO World Championship Boxing.
11/26/12 12:35 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
896 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=59736#ixzz2DIusxHgB This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article. By Rick Reeno When Ricky Hatton (45-3, 32KOs) was pondering the possibility of a comeback, Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer had advised him to take an easier opponent for his first fight back. Hatton, after three and a half years away from the ring, returned on Saturday night at the Manchester Arena and took on former WBA welterweight champion Vyacheslav Senchenko (33-1, 22KOs). Hatton was ahead on the cards, but he was coming apart in the later rounds and a shot to the liver sent him down for the full count in the ninth. Hatton retired after the contest. "I think Ricky really gave himself a real challenge with Senchenko. Ricky has not fought in three and a half years, and to pick a guy like that who has a reach advantage, height advantage, a tough guy like that," Schaefer said. "I felt that if you do a comeback - I think that you could go with a different kind of opponent and we suggested that to him because we have a close working relationship with Ricky and his team. We all know the venue sold out in a few minutes without even knowing the opponent, so it wasn't about the opponent it was about Ricky and his comeback. I felt it was not the right matchup but in typical Ricky Hatton fashion he always challenges himself to the max." One of the suggested opponents was Michael Katsidis, who was rumored to be the early frontrunner to land the Hatton comeback. Another suggestion, if Hatton wanted a tough fight, was to stage a direct rematch with WBA champion Paulie Malignaggi. "[Katsidis] was one of our suggestions. And if you are going to go for a tough fight then you might as well go for a world title," Schaefer said.
11/26/12 11:35 AM
bhealthy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
11/26/12 1:40 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sick year for action fights-
Rios vs Alvarado
Juanma vs Salido
Maidana vs Soto Karass
Guerrero vs Berto
Marquez vs Viloria
Roman Martinez vs Miguel Beltran Jr.

SICK!
11/26/12 5:36 PM
bhealthy

TTT
11/27/12 6:23 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

RIP to Pavlik, facing Ward Jan 26th

11/27/12 6:26 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Edited: 11/27/12 6:28 PM

get this chicken salad a title shot please.

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=59808#ixzz2DT6rQnuO This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko had to receive emergency treatment after eating a chicken salad. The IBF, WBA, WBO and IBO champion had to call an ambulance during the night and was put on a drip after being knocked out by the salad he enjoyed in a Hamburg restaurant. The 36-year-old Klitschko was laid low for several days last week after the evening meal in the fashionable St Pauli district, reported a German daily newspaper, Bild. The Ukrainian, who lives in Hamburg, was one of a group of four who were all ill after eating the same food at the same restaurant. Klitschko, who retained his titles when he beat Mariusz Wach in Hamburg on November 10, was back on his feet two days after the illness. He has since attended an event in Ukraine.

11/27/12 7:00 PM
pharochuck
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Barry_BondsMVP - 

RIP to Pavlik, facing Ward Jan 26th

there are guys on twitter acting like pavlik has a shot. pavlik has been seriously unimpressive in his fights above 160

11/27/12 7:12 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Pavlik got out boxed by Hopkins lol, Ward runs through him.

11/27/12 7:21 PM
Chris27

I'm a fan of Kelly, when he beat JT i jumped off my couch screaming, that was great.

anyway he has nothing for Ward, he will get smoked.
11/27/12 11:31 PM
HenryO

I dont mind Guerrero for Floyd in the first part of 2013 if it isn't Manny. Canelo needs that true marquee win to setup a Floyd mega fight
11/27/12 11:40 PM
HenryO

If Cotto stops Trout, I'd say FLoyd/Cotto rematch is the fight to be made depending on what happens with Pac. Lots of options for Money
11/27/12 11:43 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

we'd likely see Canelo-Cotto before any mix of Floyd imo.

11/27/12 11:56 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article13668.html Pac-JMM undercard
11/28/12 12:03 AM
PoundforPound
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Canelo vs. Cotto is the fight that I most want to see happen at 154. But Austin Trout might have a little something to say about that.
11/28/12 2:36 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Edited: 11/28/12 2:37 PM

JMM should sue for Defamation

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=59816#ixzz2DY1OeF51 This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article. By Edward Chaykovsky

Trainer Freddie Roach is not convinced that Juan Manuel Marquez is a natural fighter. BoxingScene.com posted photos last week of Marquez, who looked very muscular, bulked up and cut. At 39-years-old, Marquez's body looks better than it ever has in the past.

Next Saturday at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Marquez will challenge Roach's fighter Manny Pacquiao for a fourth time. Roach is suspicious because Marquez's strength and conditioning coach is Angel "Memo'' Hernandez, who once supplied illegal performance enhancing drugs to track stars Marion Jones and Tim Montgomery. Marquez started working with Hernandez before the third fight with Pacquiao a year ago.

In their third meeting, Marquez was moving up by two weight division but easily withstood all of Pacquiao's punches and often stood toe to toe with the Filipino star. "If [his body] is natural, I will kiss his ass,'' Roach told USA Today. "[Marquez] has gotten bigger and gained weight -- it throws up a red flag. I've been accused so many times of my fighters being on steroids (that) I hate to accuse other people. But it is part of our life, part of the world we live in,'' Roach said.

While Roach has his own thoughts, Pacquiao's conditioning coach, Alex Ariza, is friends with Hernandez and does not believe there are any illegal activities going on. "Memo is brilliant -- I don't have any suspicions. When you get someone like that who knows the science of exercise and nutrition . . . well, we saw a whole different fighter when he fought Manny last time. It's not because (trainer) Nacho Beristain is teaching (Marquez) something new. It is because Memo now has Marquez's confidence.

He has done things to his body. He has taken a good fighter at 39 and completely evolved him," Ariza told USA Today. Roach claims that he wanted both boxers to take part in random drug testing, but Top Rank was not on board. Top Rank CEO's Bob Arum told the paper that neither side ever made a request for random testing.

11/28/12 2:41 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Edited: 11/28/12 2:41 PM

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=59832#ixzz2DY2wtO7y This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

London's James DeGale will meet Fulgencio Zuniga at Hull's Bonus Arena on December 8. The bout is scheduled over 12 rounds and the WBC's vacant Silver super middleweight title will be on the line. Zuniga, 25-6-1 (22), has only lost to the best: Daniel Santos, Kell Pavlik, Denis Inkin, Lucian Bute, Tavoris Cloud and Thomas Oosthuizen have all beaten him, but only Pavlik and Bute managed to stop the Colombian contender.

11/29/12 5:22 AM
God Bless Tim Tebow
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boxing is back on CBS with Leo Santa Cruz headlining the card and a lot of Olympians on the undercard. Great way to promote young talent, and Khans fight on Showtime. Phone Post
11/29/12 2:25 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Maidana is back on the 12th of December, facing Angel Martinez.

11/29/12 2:25 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Alexander-Brook fight likely heading to Vegas, can't wait.

11/29/12 2:27 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Edited: 11/29/12 2:27 PM

Way to go Bob

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=59871#ixzz2DdppqFm3 This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article. By Luis Sandoval

Two weeks ago I spoke to Bob Arum regarding a possible Abner Mares vs. Nonito Donaire showdown that would require both Golden Boy Promotions and Top Rank to have to work together to make the fight happen. Arum revealed he had no interest in doing any regular co-promotion with Golden Boy and would instead be willing to offer them a sum of money for the services of Mares.

A couple days later, Rick Reeno spoke to Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer who heard Arum's comments. Schaefer extended a proposal to Top Rank where they would step aside and let Top Rank handle the promotion for Mares-Donaire only if Top Rank would be willing to step aside and let Golden Boy promote a Lucas Matthysse-Brandon Rios fight.

BoxingScene spoke with Bob Arum and relayed Schaefer's proposal which Arum shot down and appeared not to be willing to even entertain the thought. "It's not major league baseball. We don't trade fighters! You trade baseball players, you don't trade fighters.

This guy knows nothing about the sport of boxing" Arum would tell BoxingScene. As I tried to ask a follow up question, Vice President of Boxing Operations for Top Rank Carl Moretti intervened and asked that I stop asking Golden Boy related questions. From the looks of it, there has been absolutely no progress in Golden Boy and Top Rank finding a middle ground to be able to work together again.

11/29/12 4:50 PM
PoundforPound
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Arum is a piece of sh*t.
11/29/12 5:18 PM
pharochuck
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Berto has got to be the worlds most disappointed man. Was all set for Mosley and then gets to watch Floyd and Shane. Fights Ortiz with Floyd in the audience waiting to challenge him, only to lose. And now good possibility that Guerrero will get the next shot. Berto has become Floyd's gatekeeper Phone Post
11/29/12 5:20 PM
ConditJustGSPeedHisPants
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brawl breaks out at Camacho's funeral.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/sisters-girlfriends-boxer-hector-camacho-brawl-funeral-215033548--box.html Phone Post
11/29/12 6:04 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

pharochuck -  Berto has got to be the worlds most disappointed man. Was all set for Mosley and then gets to watch Floyd and Shane. Fights Ortiz with Floyd in the audience waiting to challenge him, only to lose. And now good possibility that Guerrero will get the next shot. Berto has become Floyd's gatekeeper Phone Post

lol the truth

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.