UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

7/3/13 7:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
910 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Espinoza: Garcia-Matthysse is One Possibility For 9/14

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=67297#ixzz2Y1uOtEyP
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Salvador Rodriguez

Stephen Espinoza, vice president of Showtime Sports, the highly anticipated junior welterweight collision between Danny Garcia (26-0, 16KOs) and mandatory challenger Lucas Matthysse (34-2, 32KOs) is one possible option for the Floyd Mayweather vs Saul "Canelo" Alvarez undercard, headlining a huge Showtime pay-per-view event on September 14th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

"The last time [Floyd fought], we had a big fight with Abner Mares and Daniel Ponce de Leon [as the co-feature]. We want a strong undercard [for September], not just a good undercard. We will have at least one big fight [on that card]. In May we had Mares with Ponce, and it was a great fight. We want to do another great fight. We are discussing several possibilities and Lucas Matthysse vs. Danny Garcia is one of them," Espinoza said.

7/3/13 7:56 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
910 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Klitschko vs. Povetkin Event Draws Interest From HBO

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=67298#ixzz2Y1uttTRM
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rick Reeno

According to Russian promoter Vladimir "????????" Hryunov, HBO has expressed interest in televising the long awaited heavyweight showdown between WBA/WBO/IBO/IBF champion Wladimir Klitschko (60-3, 51KOs) and mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin (24-0, 18KOs), which takes place on October 5th at the massive Olimpiyskiy Stadium in Moscow, Russia.

Hryunov and his partners secured the promotional rights after putting down a crunching figure of $23 million dollars to win the WBA's purse bid. The fight was finalized earlier this week.

"I can confirm that HBO has expressed interest in televising the fight between Klitschko and Povetkin, which is going to be one of the biggest boxing events in many years. Me and my partners are ready to discuss this possibility with [HBO Sports President] Ken Hershman," Hryunov told BoxingScene.com.

Hryunov and his partners are ready to hold discussions with major televsion networks from all over the world. They want Klitschko-Povetkin to be televised by as many countries as possible.

7/3/13 9:00 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
419 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@mmaencyclopedia: Golden Boy and Showtime spent as much on the press tour for Canelo-Mayweather as UFC spent on reported fighter salary for UFC 160. Phone Post 3.0
7/3/13 9:39 PM
chadk
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache -
chadk - 
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache - Dare*

I want Ruslan vs Alvarado. This will make me very happy.

If I'm Mike's manager that's the last fight I'd take. He got buckled by a Rios jab in their rematch. Doesn't bode well for his chances with Ruslan. Ruslan isn't well known enough to make the financial rewards worth the risk for Alvarado imo.

Dude's never been down in his career.
Ruslan is damn exciting but he literally never beat anyone close Alvarado's class.
Its a fun fight, I hope it happens. I'll take Alvarado in a close dec.
It will be fun to watch. No doubt but I don't see Alvarado making the final bell. Phone Post
7/3/13 9:55 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Espinoza: Garcia-Matthysse is One Possibility For 9/14

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=67297#ixzz2Y1uOtEyP

By Salvador Rodriguez

Stephen Espinoza, vice president of Showtime Sports, the highly anticipated junior welterweight collision between Danny Garcia (26-0, 16KOs) and mandatory challenger Lucas Matthysse (34-2, 32KOs) is one possible option for the Floyd Mayweather vs Saul "Canelo" Alvarez undercard, headlining a huge Showtime pay-per-view event on September 14th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

"The last time [Floyd fought], we had a big fight with Abner Mares and Daniel Ponce de Leon [as the co-feature]. We want a strong undercard [for September], not just a good undercard. We will have at least one big fight [on that card]. In May we had Mares with Ponce, and it was a great fight. We want to do another great fight. We are discussing several possibilities and Lucas Matthysse vs. Danny Garcia is one of them," Espinoza said.

WOW that would be an amazing co-main, probably the best I can remember for boxing.
If they could add Gonzalez vs Mares as well I would pay 150$ for it.

What other matches could they add?
Broner vs maidana?
Peter Quillan vs ???

Also seems like a good platform to open the show with a Deontay Wilder fight. Get some people excited about American boxing.
7/3/13 10:16 PM
SubbedZER0
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if Garcia v Matthysse is added I certainly will not be bitching about any 70 dollars.

7/3/13 10:22 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

solid idea Bronson...going to tweet Frankie Espinoza about Mares fight?

7/3/13 10:32 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Frankie just told me, Mares/Gonzales will be in August.

7/3/13 10:52 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SubbedZER0 - 

if Garcia v Matthysse is added I certainly will not be bitching about any 70 dollars.

Its 75 and thats with or without Garcia/Mathysse. 

7/4/13 12:00 AM
SubbedZER0
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

and the co-main will decide whether the PPV is with or without Subb

7/4/13 12:14 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=67303#ixzz2Y2xjk6yc

50 Cent Facing Five Charges in Alleged Spat With Ex

by David P. Greisman

You wouldn’t normally be reading about a rapper’s criminal case on this boxing website. But when that rapper is 50 Cent, who is also a boxing promoter…
…well, that’s when we bring you the news that Curtis Jackson is facing five criminal charges stemming from an argument he had on June 23 with an ex-girlfriend in Los Angeles.
According to CNN.com, the 37-year-old is accused of “one count of domestic violence and four counts of vandalism.” The charges were announced on July 3.
The alleged victim is a woman with whom Jackson had been in a relationship for three years. They have a child together.
Jackson is accused of causing approximately $7,100 in damage, which included chandeliers, furniture, a television and a lamp. And prosecutors say that when the woman locked herself behind a door, Jackson allegedly kicked the door open, striking and injuring her in the process.
Jackson is set to promote a show on Hartford, Conn., as part of this week’s episode of ESPN2’s “Friday Night Fights.” It has been billed as “50 Cent’s Birthday Bash.” He’ll be turning 38 on Saturday.

7/4/13 12:20 AM
SubbedZER0

Damn I think i'll hold off on going to FNF, not really interested in the bday shenanigans.

7/4/13 1:23 AM
SubbedZER0

Gents,

I'm pretty fuckin sleepless tonight and I've got the day off today obv. I need some pre 1980 boxers outside of the obvious golden Heavy's. Some good fights from the lower weight classes would be nice. Been on some rough times and could use some new fights and brush up on some boxing history.

Fire away if anyone wants to throw some old names/fights out there

7/4/13 1:30 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Nicolino Locce, Henry Armstrong, Willie Pep, Sandy Saddler, Dick Tiger to name a few...

hope things get better for u bro

7/4/13 1:42 AM
SubbedZER0

Just the Wiminz mr bonds, broke up with the long time lady on Mon. Gotta keep it movin.

You know you love boxing when you break up with your girl of 3+ years 48 hours after going to the Golovkin fight..........and it didn't ruin a god damn minute of the knockout memory for you :))))))

Thanks for the suggestions and the well wishes sir. Keep the names and fights comin fellas

7/4/13 2:23 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

sorry to hear bro, good luck with the future (her or anyone else), maybe she's a Martinez fan? lol

7/4/13 3:00 AM
SubbedZER0

Edited: 07/04/13 3:01 AM

lol i'm bitter so right now she's in the category of a closet Margarito fan. I gotta find me one of those Mayorga fans.......oooooh yeah

7/4/13 4:28 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

hhahaha, that's the spirit to have bro, maybe it'll work out though..who knows.

7/4/13 12:24 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"You cant trip over the past if you are constantly looking forward"

Your friend Bronson.
7/4/13 3:51 PM
SubbedZER0

Appreciated Bronson. I'm hoping Bonds has some prospects from the Armenian mountains for me.

I will tell them all I trane UFC

7/4/13 4:15 PM
OmgItsTheWams
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man this thread is like a sanctuary for boxing knowledge amazing you can actually have such a nice thread on the ug Phone Post
7/4/13 4:34 PM
SubbedZER0

roflbot picture

According to Paulie.........

7/4/13 4:51 PM
bonersaurus
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OmgItsTheWams - Man this thread is like a sanctuary for boxing knowledge amazing you can actually have such a nice thread on the ug Phone Post
It really is. I don't post in here as I'm just getting back into boxing again and there's not much I can contribute. No name calling over disagreements on who will beat who, just people dropping knowledge. This thread is amazing. Phone Post 3.0
7/4/13 5:28 PM
SubbedZER0

bonersaurus - 
OmgItsTheWams - Man this thread is like a sanctuary for boxing knowledge amazing you can actually have such a nice thread on the ug Phone Post
It really is. I don't post in here as I'm just getting back into boxing again and there's not much I can contribute. No name calling over disagreements on who will beat who, just people dropping knowledge. This thread is amazing. Phone Post 3.0

Literal Proof of the respect of Bonds thread

We had a troll stop in a few times a while back and drop the usual 'this thread is full of bullshit and terrible opinions'. He was met with a few posters actually telling him he was welcome in the thread, but to clean that ish up. Came back in with the same bs and was asked to leave then ignored/Bonds threw out some news articles over him to drown him out. Every other thread that seems to result in a 7pg horrifying to read bro argument.

Plus we have our patroling mod of the thread Pharochuck, he's like Mills Lane used to be when he was involved in mediating pre-fight negotiations for fight contracts between camps (perfect example Barrera-Hamed walk out time/glove size negotiations)

7/4/13 5:32 PM
SubbedZER0

This thread needs an active boxer.

Who's taking some punishment for the team?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.