UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

7/6/13 6:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
896 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks for the feedback Eddy, too bad about Price, was pretty high on him.

7/6/13 6:57 PM
Phisher
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats to Tony Thompson for pulling the upset again and LOL at this interview.

7/6/13 6:57 PM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

results of FNF last night? Did Billy Dib bring home a W for 50?

7/6/13 6:58 PM
RCP_TT4LIFE
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SubbedZER0 - 

results of FNF last night? Did Billy Dib bring home a W for 50?

Yes but it was difficult fight. Billy was talking shit saying he was gonna knock him out and the dude Oliver came in with like a 35-3 record with 8 KOs and stunned Billy a couple of times. Billy was also dirty as fuck with low blows and Oliver was one of the greatest floppers in boxing I've ever seen.
7/6/13 6:59 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
896 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dib won, heard he looked better..

was reading Fat Dan's tweets on Thompson's post fight interview...lol at breaking his wife's hip

7/6/13 7:00 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Price is done.
7/6/13 7:03 PM
RCP_TT4LIFE
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dan Rafael ?@danrafaelespn 4m
Oct. 5 @RealMiguelCotto returns to HBO on a @trboxing card to fight Delvin Rodriguez. Cotto will be trained by @FreddieRoach #boxing

Interesting fight. Good comeback fight for Cotto to set up the Marquez/Bradley win.
7/6/13 7:11 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

those types of fights work for Cotto...guys that come forward and aren't hard to hit.

7/6/13 7:12 PM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm very happy for Delvin (CT native)

Got the call for Trout if I remember correct and now he's got a shot at Cotto. Good for him.

and as far as Billy Dib goes, 50 needs to get himself some promising wins with his 'higher level' fighters. Sounds like that win wasn't exactly what they were looking for on 50's birthday bash there.

7/6/13 7:20 PM
SubbedZER0

Throwing this out there: Do we have an official score for SMS Promotions vs TMT Promotions? Who's racking up the wins?

Record of 50's fighters of SMS -

Record of Floyd's TMT fighters -

7/6/13 7:23 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I don't have a score...but Floyd's guys are more active.

7/6/13 7:42 PM
SubbedZER0

Seems like the Mayweather falling out may not have been the best thing for 50s promotion opportunities in the long run

7/6/13 8:19 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

that Gamboa investment hasn't paid off yet.

7/6/13 10:11 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

@danrafaelespn now Site for the Cotto fight on 10/5 is likely to be the NBA arena in Orlando or Marlins Stadium in Miami
7/6/13 10:13 PM
RCP_TT4LIFE

Barry_BondsMVP - @danrafaelespn now Site for the Cotto fight on 10/5 is likely to be the NBA arena in Orlando or Marlins Stadium in Miami
Put Rigo and Gonzalez on the card to attract the Cubans and Nicaraguans and you got yourself a good show at Marlins. Phone Post
7/7/13 12:54 AM
chadk
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guess now we can dismiss all foolish talk of Silva being successful as a boxer. Phone Post
7/7/13 12:59 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

his boxing sucks

7/7/13 1:01 AM
SubbedZER0

Edited: 07/07/13 1:02 AM

You're right, i'm absolutely not discussing anything portaining to silva's boxing right now....for 2 reasons

1. I'm not even going to the main page of the UG right now, I have this thread quicklinked thank god. I don't want any craziness seeping in here that were all going to talk shit about Anderson now

2. Fact is fact. Anderson broke ALOT of stand up cardinal rules tonight on purpose. We all saw where that punch landed, he absolutely did not turn his body with it,  and he was nice and limp-necked taking it.

The only question I will bring up though........

Did Roy Jones' Presence over excite Anderson? Did he just not care about losing and went on pure fun?

7/7/13 1:04 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

wanted to hype it up, because Roy was there...he's getting older...fighting a steady diet of C and D level fighters for most of his career, caused him to be too careless.

He's fought like that a handful of times, it just caught up to him tonight. Whether he was trying to act out, because he didn't care or not, that's on his dumb ass.

7/7/13 1:11 AM
chadk
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've said it before, there's a reason your trainers stress solid fundamentals. Phone Post
7/7/13 1:22 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

absolutely Chad, his fundamentals worked with low level fighters.

7/7/13 1:42 AM
SubbedZER0

It was very surreal to see Anderson do all that faking and then take the fall that EVERYONE knew was real.

It was very surreal to see a tired legend tonight on the mic.

I dropped an 'AWW SHIT' when they showed RJJ on camera.

End Notes.

7/7/13 1:46 AM
stillmatic
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was just ridiculous. No fighter clowns like that in punching range to let someone get off combinations without getting out of there or firing back. Anderson just stands there perfectly squared up, chin in the air and gets his clock cleaned not seeing the punch at all. Just disappointing to see a fight end that way. I rank this up there with Mayweather-Ortiz for ridiculous finishes to a fight.
7/7/13 1:48 AM
RCP_TT4LIFE

It reminded me of Nate Campbell almost immediately after.
7/7/13 2:03 AM
SubbedZER0

stillmatic - That was just ridiculous. No fighter clowns like that in punching range to let someone get off combinations without getting out of there or firing back. Anderson just stands there perfectly squared up, chin in the air and gets his clock cleaned not seeing the punch at all. Just disappointing to see a fight end that way. I rank this up there with Mayweather-Ortiz for ridiculous finishes to a fight.

I def agree on the Mayweather-Ortiz odd style finish. One thing I have to say though is I felt a bit weird for Chris Weidman. This was a huge goal for his career, and will he end up feeling like he fought an Anderson who didn't really try?

Will Anderson take a re-match? Thoughts on this one gents? I'm actually leaning no (I have no fucking idea what he said in that post fight interview, all I heard was 'I work hard', 'Time to change my life', and 'spend time with my family now'.....and then I heard 'so are you retiring', which was met with a 'no'.....wtf is that?)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.