UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

7/7/13 1:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
907 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

absolutely Chad, his fundamentals worked with low level fighters.

7/7/13 1:42 AM
SubbedZER0
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was very surreal to see Anderson do all that faking and then take the fall that EVERYONE knew was real.

It was very surreal to see a tired legend tonight on the mic.

I dropped an 'AWW SHIT' when they showed RJJ on camera.

End Notes.

7/7/13 1:46 AM
stillmatic
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was just ridiculous. No fighter clowns like that in punching range to let someone get off combinations without getting out of there or firing back. Anderson just stands there perfectly squared up, chin in the air and gets his clock cleaned not seeing the punch at all. Just disappointing to see a fight end that way. I rank this up there with Mayweather-Ortiz for ridiculous finishes to a fight.
7/7/13 1:48 AM
RCP_TT4LIFE
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It reminded me of Nate Campbell almost immediately after.
7/7/13 2:03 AM
SubbedZER0
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stillmatic - That was just ridiculous. No fighter clowns like that in punching range to let someone get off combinations without getting out of there or firing back. Anderson just stands there perfectly squared up, chin in the air and gets his clock cleaned not seeing the punch at all. Just disappointing to see a fight end that way. I rank this up there with Mayweather-Ortiz for ridiculous finishes to a fight.

I def agree on the Mayweather-Ortiz odd style finish. One thing I have to say though is I felt a bit weird for Chris Weidman. This was a huge goal for his career, and will he end up feeling like he fought an Anderson who didn't really try?

Will Anderson take a re-match? Thoughts on this one gents? I'm actually leaning no (I have no fucking idea what he said in that post fight interview, all I heard was 'I work hard', 'Time to change my life', and 'spend time with my family now'.....and then I heard 'so are you retiring', which was met with a 'no'.....wtf is that?)

7/7/13 2:14 AM
stillmatic
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SubbedZER0 - 
stillmatic - That was just ridiculous. No fighter clowns like that in punching range to let someone get off combinations without getting out of there or firing back. Anderson just stands there perfectly squared up, chin in the air and gets his clock cleaned not seeing the punch at all. Just disappointing to see a fight end that way. I rank this up there with Mayweather-Ortiz for ridiculous finishes to a fight.

I def agree on the Mayweather-Ortiz odd style finish. One thing I have to say though is I felt a bit weird for Chris Weidman. This was a huge goal for his career, and will he end up feeling like he fought an Anderson who didn't really try?

Will Anderson take a re-match? Thoughts on this one gents? I'm actually leaning no (I have no fucking idea what he said in that post fight interview, all I heard was 'I work hard', 'Time to change my life', and 'spend time with my family now'.....and then I heard 'so are you retiring', which was met with a 'no'.....wtf is that?)

He wanted the GSP fight and didn't get it. I think he wanted to take it out on Weidman by humiliating before destroying him. Who even knows what happens next, but I don't think Silva even cares too much that he lost the fight. He's bored of defending the title. He doesn't fight strictly to just win, he wants to go out there, try crazy things and see what he can get away with too.
7/7/13 2:21 AM
SubbedZER0

Well shit Stillmatic if thats really the case and you're right, he just switched my vote to RJJ 200% in a boxing match.

7/7/13 2:28 AM
stillmatic

SubbedZER0 - 

Well shit Stillmatic if thats really the case and you're right, he just switched my vote to RJJ 200% in a boxing match.

lol he's not a normal human being, that's for sure. His mind works differently than everyone else.

Looks like a rematch with Weidman is next though and I expect him to actually destroy Weidman this time around.
7/7/13 2:41 AM
SubbedZER0

I would not be shocked at all if Silva were to take an win a re-match, but I have to say......I expect that fight to be what I expected here tonight. I wanted an honest effort from Anderson, an honest test for him. If he needed motivation, a video of you grabbing Herb Deans ankles might just fire you up a little.

I look at the next one as Silva v Weidman 1

7/7/13 2:45 AM
OmgItsTheWams
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SubbedZER0 -

I would not be shocked at all if Silva were to take an win a re-match, but I have to say......I expect that fight to be what I expected here tonight. I wanted an honest effort from Anderson, an honest test for him. If he needed motivation, a video of you grabbing Herb Deans ankles might just fire you up a little.

I see weidman winning again silva is great imo goat in mma but a loss this late is always devastating and his next camp wouldn't be as focused on wrestling and weidman will work takedowns weidman is a bad style match up for anderson Phone Post
7/7/13 2:45 AM
SubbedZER0

Lets get some bodies in the Joel Diaz and Cub Swanson thread. Joel's got Cubby's stand up landing percentage WAY up there lately

7/7/13 2:50 AM
SubbedZER0

OmgItsTheWams - 
SubbedZER0 -

I see weidman winning again silva is great imo goat in mma but a loss this late is always devastating and his next camp wouldn't be as focused on wrestling and weidman will work takedowns weidman is a bad style match up for anderson Phone Post

Hard to make an argument against Wams. Weidman executed and believed tonight. I have to admit, when Anderson cranked up the taunts I had a thought of 'does he think he's going to grow Chris impatient this fast?' and sure enough, Chris was patient and went to the Jab and single shots. I'm not fighting expert, but its certainly looking like Anderson has some problems regardless of what his motivation level is or what he changes in camp.

7/7/13 2:56 AM
OmgItsTheWams
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I mean how long can you be told you're untouchable before you start to believe it? That's why for as obnoxious as PBF is(which I love about him) he knows if he doesn't stay on track he can lose silva got into his head nobody could touch him and it cost him big time Phone Post
7/7/13 3:03 AM
stillmatic

OmgItsTheWams -  I mean how long can you be told you're untouchable before you start to believe it? That's why for as obnoxious as PBF is(which I love about him) he knows if he doesn't stay on track he can lose silva got into his head nobody could touch him and it cost him big time Phone Post

Floyd is way different. He only cares about winning and money and nothing else. Anderson doesn't think like that, which is why he probably isn't too bothered with losing.

I don't believe Anderson thinks he's untouchable, but I feel like he goes into fights wanting to see what kinda of crazy stuff he can pull off. He basically brings street ball moves into an NBA game is how I would describe it.
7/7/13 3:06 AM
SubbedZER0

PBF is the Maestro of the high stage. You see him say the same thing every time 'you won't rattle me. I know EXACTLY what it takes to be on this level'.........and he does. Puts the gym time in, all the time. Puts the body work in, attention to detail with his fundamentals.

I don't hate Anderson in the least bit. The guy is a legend and absolutely fun to watch. But being tired of a long road as champion and having a bad mindset or gameplan put him in perspective tonight.

Being realistic, i'm not too sure if RJJ is attracted right now either.

7/7/13 3:09 AM
OmgItsTheWams

I would say RJJ is 100% on board he knows he can't beat silva and regardless of this loss it still brings in tons of $$$ because even with the loss nobody thinks silva has lost a step just that he was being an idiot Phone Post
7/7/13 3:16 AM
SubbedZER0

Thing is Wams, I didn't say Anderson lost a step either. His boxing technique is in question, and tonight he didn't even give a chance for me or Roy to look at him in a serious light.

You are going to go pure hands and footwork with RJJ, if Anderson wants to open the trickbook so often, who really wrote that book if RJJ....even at this age is standing accross from you? Athleticism and Power is Anderson in that fight all day IMO. He's gotta kinda fly-swat RJJ here, I don't see a pure outclass in knowledge.

7/7/13 7:31 AM
OmgItsTheWams

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/relatedvideos?id=9456225&backText=Silva%20Knocked%20Out%20By%20Weidman%20While%20Showboating%20-%20Video%20-%20ESPN&back=http%3A%2F%2Fm.espn.go.com%2Fwireless%2Frelatedvideos%3Fid%3D9456165%26backText%3DMMA%2520Chris%2520Weidman%2520stuns%2520Anderson%2520Silva%2520-%2520ESPN%26back%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fm.espn.go.com%252Fextra%252Fmma%252Fstory%253FstoryId%253D9421384%2526src%253Ddesktop Phone Post
7/7/13 7:31 AM
OmgItsTheWams

OmgItsTheWams - http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/relatedvideos?id=9456225&backText=Silva%20Knocked%20Out%20By%20Weidman%20While%20Showboating%20-%20Video%20-%20ESPN&back=http%3A%2F%2Fm.espn.go.com%2Fwireless%2Frelatedvideos%3Fid%3D9456165%26backText%3DMMA%2520Chris%2520Weidman%2520stuns%2520Anderson%2520Silva%2520-%2520ESPN%26back%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fm.espn.go.com%252Fextra%252Fmma%252Fstory%253FstoryId%253D9421384%2526src%253Ddesktop Phone Post
Not sure that worked right but its RJJ on silva fight Phone Post
7/7/13 1:46 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
907 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9456225
7/7/13 2:18 PM
SubbedZER0

I liked what RJJ said with "You can play, to put him where you want him mentally, but you need to go to work. You need to break him down, you can't do that with any fighter of this calibur'

7/7/13 2:58 PM
stillmatic

SubbedZER0 - 

I liked what RJJ said with "You can play, to put him where you want him mentally, but you need to go to work. You need to break him down, you can't do that with any fighter of this calibur'

This is why Roy never got caught clowning. He wouldn't use that tactic numerous times throughout a fight. He did it once or twice to get inside your head, but he would never let someone get free shots off against him like Anderson does.
7/7/13 3:54 PM
SubbedZER0

Just go ahead and pop this video on 4:30 mark and witness the RJJ version

7/7/13 4:37 PM
RCP_TT4LIFE
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Team Matthysse confirms Matthysse vs Garcia on Sept 14th

Fucking huge.
7/7/13 5:05 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I need to see it confirmed by everyone...lol

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.