UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

7/28/13 4:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
tbi0904
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HenryO - 
tbi0904 - Berto should seriously consider hanging them up. Whatever heights he was gonna reach in boxing are in the rear view mirror now. Hope he's got good people around him to set him on the right course. Overall it was a good night; beer, boxing and mma.

He's 29 years old and lost 3 fights

And he hasn't looked very good in those fights. He's getting worse with each fight.
7/28/13 6:36 PM
SubbedZER0
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

his defense is not holding up well, his offense looks fine when he's finding his counters and executing

he needs to get with Mayweather Sr IMO

7/28/13 6:52 PM
OmgItsTheWams
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Think a transition to mma is in his future if big money fights don't come his way? I believe he has talked about it in the past Phone Post
7/28/13 6:53 PM
SubbedZER0
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Although I must say, i'm not a fan of him swelling those eyes up every fight. I mean damn Andre don't pop an eye socket or injure your eye long term in any way. Don't want to see it

7/28/13 7:09 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
879 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Freddie Roach is blaming a candy bar prior to the fight, for the reason Shiming slowed down in the fight...he refused to eat a bowl of rice before the fight, instead ate a candy bar.

7/28/13 7:10 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
879 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brook vs Senchenko in October

7/28/13 7:28 PM
SubbedZER0

how was he on his diet through camp? (Shiming)

if you're eating clean for months that candy bar is going to be obnoxious to your stomach. It may not have been that much of a factor (maybe a green name can step in and school me on that one), but I wish somebody would just listen to Roach to the T. Why leave questions over your head? You're literally one hour from fucking your face with food to the point where you can viking vomit and do it again (pending you didn't mess your mouth/jaw/body up)

7/28/13 7:41 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I just realized I used fight a lot in that post lol

7/28/13 7:43 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Andy Ruiz Jr. vs Joe Hanks

7/28/13 7:56 PM
SubbedZER0

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Freddie Roach is blaming a candy bar prior to the fight, for the reason Shiming slowed down in the fight...he refused to eat a bowl of rice before the fight, instead ate a candy bar.

'instead ate a candy bar, and fought the rice'

7/28/13 9:24 PM
chadk
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to eat a small serving of pasta a few hours before I fought. Phone Post
7/28/13 10:23 PM
SubbedZER0

attn thread and GayGuard

I have found the HD knockout kings 2 card in its entirety. Will post Figueroa to UG, will post ALL to thread if you want.

7/28/13 10:32 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

handle it Subb

7/28/13 10:37 PM
SubbedZER0

DL - Dailymotion - Encode - UG

Figueroa Jr COMETH!

7/28/13 11:58 PM
chadk
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

About Berto, he's been taking beatings in recent fights and looks slower and more vunerable every time out. He looks like an old fighter, regardless of his actual age. He wasn't a big 140lb'er and he's not physically suited for Welterweight at all imo. I understand why he went up but it hasn't worked out for him. Unfortunately for him, as slow as he's looking lately and given all the talent at Jr. Welter, I think he gets beat up there too. I would advise him to hang them up. But, if he insists on fighting on, he should go back down, fight some lower caliber guys (guys like Hector Camacho Jr. would fight lol)and work on some different things defensively and strategically. At least that way he won't be as likely to take the kind of beatings he's been on the receiving end of lately.
7/29/13 12:26 AM
Stone17Wolf
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was not too excited about last night's card....only interested in the Berto fight.

But WOW....all 3 fights were Rock'M'Sock"M robots and did not disappoint anyone watching no matter who you were pulling for. I think Showtime's matchmaking has surpassed HBO's now that Oscar only works with Showtime these days. HBO has slim pickens these days and only their broadcast team is still top notch...not the actual fights.

Manny Pacquiao is getting ready to retire so I don't know what they will do when that happens.....they may close up shop altogether on boxing. When that happens I will cancel my subscription cause that is the only reason I have HBO now anyway.

Great weekend of fights....keep'em coming Showtime!!
7/29/13 12:44 AM
SubbedZER0

t-minus 45min till I got the replay Bondsman

7/29/13 12:46 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

sounds good Subb..you're the man...

I agree Chad, Berto's best bet is to drop to 40', don't know if he's addicted to the PED's though...might be tough for him to stay clean.

Stone, there's a few fighters on HBO to keep watching, Ward, GGG to name a few.

7/29/13 1:16 AM
SubbedZER0

beautiful, video is 1hr and 1min long

do you know what that is guys? 1MIN TOO LONG FOR DAILYMOTION, back to the drawing board, gonna convert it.

7/29/13 2:52 AM
Stone17Wolf
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I realize they have a few good fighter's but the landscape is drying up from parting ways with ODLH. I think they are going to go the ESPN route and feature up-n-comers mostly on future telecasts. I'd like to see them feature guys like chin-checker Curtis Stevens from NY city.

I personally enjoy the HBO telecasts more than Showtime, but Showtime is killing it right now with even matchups in the ring.

I like Andre Ward but he is almost too good for his own good.....kinda boring to watch when every round looks like the previous round. Also, same with the Dirrell brothers, watching them fight is almost like watching paint dry.
7/29/13 5:18 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
459 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have the 3 fights in HD. Need me to send them over? Phone Post 3.0
7/29/13 8:40 AM
SubbedZER0

got em too, you got the Shiming fight bud?

7/29/13 3:36 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
459 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SubbedZER0 -

got em too, you got the Shiming fight bud?

I'll look Phone Post 3.0
7/29/13 4:01 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

can't deny Showtime is killing right now, Stone....HBO screwed up losing Goldenboy.

7/29/13 4:16 PM
SubbedZER0

"I don't know what they're doing. Everybody who knows boxing knows you better be in business with HBO" 

well Bob.........thoughts now?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.