UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

7/17/13 4:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really would like to see you get into the boxing press world a bit more Mr. Bonds. It'd be awesome to exchange you with the Seckback kid. I think questions will be alot more thought out and the interviews alot more in-depth and just generally more pro-information and valuable.

Lets get onthis

7/17/13 6:33 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
894 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks Subb, I'm really thinking about starting a podcast, maybe once a week for 30 mins to an hour long...but I'd like to have someone do it with me, it'll run smoother imo.

just discussing MMA and Boxing, a buddy sent me several links for podcasts.

7/17/13 6:35 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
894 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mitchell-Arreola in talks for a fight by the fall...

7/17/13 6:36 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=67738#ixzz2ZLSKm38U This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Mikey Garcia: Martinez Fight Close, I'd Fight Gamboa

By Luis Sandoval

Mikey Garcia is coming off a very dominant victory over former champion Juan Manuel Lopez as he disposed of him in just 4 rounds. Garcia, who lost his title at the scales after failing to make the contracted weight,is already in the process of scheduling his next bout which would be for a world title in a new weight class against Rocky Martinez.
“They are still in negotiations and finalizing a few details. It was talked about and they agreed so they just have to come up with the right date and like I said, finalize details and then sign the contract. They also mentioned a few other opponents but right now, it seems like Rocky is the number one guy that we are looking into” Garcia would tell BoxingScene.

While the Martinez fight appears to be next for Garcia, there is one fighter who has been calling for a fight with Mikey and that is undefeated Cuban Yuriorkis Gamboa. Gamboa recently did an exclusive interview with BoxingScene Radio where he disclosed he’d be willing to come back down to 130 pounds to challenge Garcia.

Garcia was asked what his thoughts were on Gamboa mentioning his name and at the possibility of fighting him.

“A lot of guys are starting to call me out and I guess there's a reason for it. They see me as the best fighter and they want to match themselves up against [me] or they want to get paid. Right now there aren't that many fights out there that can bring a lot of money but these fights will make money” Garcia would tell BoxingScene.

“The fans want to see them so it's very likely that we will be looking into a Gamboa fight but right now Rocky [Martinez] is probably the best opponent right now. But maybe after Martinez we can get together and get Gamboa. Like I said, he knows what to do. His manager or advisor or whoever, they got to negotiate with Top Rank and my managers and we'll come to an agreement and we can do it”.

A Garcia and Gamboa matchup is very intriguing and a fight that has a real shot of happening as Gamboa and former promoter Top Rank still have a positive working relationship.

Garcia feels that even though Gamboa hasn’t looked riveting in his last couple outings, he believes Yuriorkis is still a skilled fighter who will bring his best should they square off.

“He's always shown that he's got the speed and the power. He's got the explosiveness and he's exciting. [He’s] an exciting fighter. His last few fights haven't been that exciting but he still has the talent [and] he still has the skills. The opponents maybe haven't been right for him to showcase. I think he needs a better opponent to show the best in him. I think a fight with me would be very interesting because he's going to prepare himself to [his] best and I'm going to be at my best also” said Garcia.

A Garcia-Gamboa clash would be a fight that fans would definitely welcome with open arms but it looks like Garcia will need to take care of business against Rocky Martinez first.

7/17/13 8:04 PM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just caught that Sugar Shane statement in the above article 'Paulie did the smart thing, he didn't listen to the he's old and he's washed up, Paulie knew better'

I love me some Sugar Shane. But come on bruh, Paulie wanted that money and an opportunity to stay more relevant than you. If anything, thats how Paulie did the smart thing.

7/17/13 8:18 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Adrien Broner = the best heel in boxing.
7/17/13 8:20 PM
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SubbedZER0 - 

I really would like to see you get into the boxing press world a bit more Mr. Bonds. It'd be awesome to exchange you with the Seckback kid. I think questions will be alot more thought out and the interviews alot more in-depth and just generally more pro-information and valuable.

Lets get onthis

Mr Bonds >>>>>> Seckbech.

7/17/13 8:20 PM

SubbedZER0 - 

Lets get onthis

Mr Bonds >>>>>> Seckbech.

7/17/13 8:27 PM

I'll leave that double up.
7/17/13 9:23 PM
RCP_TT4LIFE
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FIGHTHYPE.COM ?@fighthype 4m
Richard Schaefer will host a conference call tomorrow to make a "major announcement". Wonder what that's about. LOL ;)

Probably for Garcia/Matthysse
7/17/13 9:36 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

watch the whole card...as we are predicting, would be magical if all three fights are made.

thanks for the love Bronson

7/17/13 10:01 PM
SubbedZER0

I'd listen to the Bondscast........then i'd spam Danny Garcia until he came on the show to officially accept this Lucas bout!

7/17/13 10:33 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

hahaa, it should be a glorious announcement tomorrow...

7/17/13 10:37 PM
SubbedZER0

Anybody got a front runner for fighter of the year? Figured since we're halfway through might as well ask and see who's got who

for me - Golovkin

7/17/13 10:41 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

GGG

Mayweather once he beats Canelo

7/17/13 10:42 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Gamboa doesn't want a fight with Terrence Crawford (knows he'd get out boxed), he's challenging Mares to a fight at 130 pounds.

7/17/13 10:46 PM
pharochuck
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Barry_BondsMVP -

Mitchell-Arreola in talks for a fight by the fall...

Mitchell gets finished brutally in this match up. Questionable chins
Don't belong in the ring with areolla Phone Post 3.0
7/17/13 10:48 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

it'll be fun while it lasts Pharo lol

7/17/13 10:50 PM
pharochuck
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
chadk -
Barry_BondsMVP - 

he can do whatever he pleases, it's his money and life...maybe he'll wake up sooner then others before shit spirals out of control.

Yes, "he can do whatever he pleases, it's his money and life". But, that attitude & mindset brings repercussions. So, I personally don't want to hear him whining to an interviewer how "misunderstood" he is. Or, how such and such interviewer "never gives him a break", etc..
He won't be around long. Too many guys around his weight that he can't beat. Guerrero, maidana, matthyse (he'd be lucky to see the bell) Garcia, Bradley, Marquez for him to stay relevant Phone Post 3.0
7/17/13 10:50 PM
SubbedZER0

not bashing Gamboa but is Mares a better idea? I'm not very framiliar with Terrence Crawford, but i'm very in tune with how Gamboa's chin works

7/17/13 10:52 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Crawford has looked impressive his last two bouts...he destroyed his opponent in about 5 rounds on the undercard of Garcia-Juanma

7/17/13 11:13 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Brook vs Jones II

7/17/13 11:37 PM
rudj
496 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

...?

7/18/13 8:01 AM

WE KO GOOD BOYS.
7/18/13 1:13 PM
SilvaWho?OnlyBoTrulyKnows
588 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chavez Jr. got a good comeback fight. He should beat Brian Vera down and it should be very exciting for as long as it lasts.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.