UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

8/4/13 4:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
816 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I say the GIF of the KO...so Chambers lost? 

Stevens is alright, can be outboxed imo

8/4/13 4:44 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
816 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mike Jones must be in deep depression, still wont fight since the KO loss...turned down a fight with Kell Brook

8/4/13 4:48 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Donaire is eyeing 126 for his next fight...since Mikey Garcia relinquished his title for a move to 130. He could possibly face the winner of Orlando Salido/Orlando Cruz

8/4/13 6:02 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

I say the GIF of the KO...so Chambers lost? 

Stevens is alright, can be outboxed imo

Barry what I couldn't believe was.....if you just got smacked and sat down with a left hook within the first half of an opening round, why are you hanging in the pocket for 3-4 punch combos for the rest of it?

Chambers I don't know what to say other than his opponent fought well. Chambers wanted to walk him down and be a showman it looked like. Every time he walked into range his opponent seemed to be getting off first and striking him right down the pipe.

also the crowd pretty much left after the Adamek fight lol, left a weird looking main event

8/4/13 6:18 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Mike Jones must be in deep depression, still wont fight since the KO loss...turned down a fight with Kell Brook

this is a bummer. Mike had some balance issues to fix while moving/punching IMO but I felt that loss could've been the lesson learned of a great career. Was he with Mayweather Sr?

8/4/13 7:19 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

some guys just fight to survive, don't know how to adapt after being hurt etc. Was the Chambers fight at CW or HW? Because he belongs at CW for good.

thanks for the info bro

can't remember who was in his corner for the Bailey fight, but now he switched to Eddie Mustafa, that's if he fights again.

8/4/13 8:07 PM
pharochuck
314 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
I didn't think chambers would look good. Same thing with Byrd when he went down. Guys get used to not watching their weight, being the faster guy and working different angles and styles. Then after several years they then enter training camp having to watch weight, prepare for faster guys which removes the only physical advantage they ever had, now fight guys that are a little sharper and more accurate than the average heavy. Phone Post 3.0
8/4/13 8:15 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Byrd looked awful at LHW lol...but good post Pharo, worrying too much on weight hinders your training. 

8/4/13 8:56 PM
SubbedZER0

the Chambers fight was at cruiser. What struck me was his body looked, almost like he went through a weight loss program and not a fight camp if that makes any sense. Lack of tone to his body that had him not even looking like Eddie.

Mike Jones I hope can get it together soon, I think he's around 30 and it would be a shame for his final years to burn out. I thought Mayweather was good for him, round out some balance and technique on his punches and shape up his defense. His KO loss is rough, it looks like he wakes up after he smacks his head on the canvas. To watch that and remember the feeling must be miserable.

8/4/13 8:58 PM
SubbedZER0

also random question if anyone knows -

What was the deal with the Ortiz v Maidana fight? Does anyone buy that he didn't remember the fight or is the general opinion he was in a war and just bummed out by an opponent who wouldn't go away?

8/4/13 8:59 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea like Pharo said, probably concentrated too much on cutting the weight.. That's why if you stay ready, you wont have to stress about getting ready.

8/4/13 9:14 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

SubbedZER0 - 

also random question if anyone knows -

What was the deal with the Ortiz v Maidana fight? Does anyone buy that he didn't remember the fight or is the general opinion he was in a war and just bummed out by an opponent who wouldn't go away?

when Maidana wouldn't go away, like always Ortiz went full retard. He has no heart, when things got hot, he ran out the kitchen. He basically quit.

8/4/13 9:43 PM
SubbedZER0

poor Oscar, he didn't even get to take his revenge with Canelo

8/4/13 11:46 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
511 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.boxinginsider.com/columns/floyd-mayweather-canelo-alvarez-card-threatened-by-cable-rights-dispute/

8/5/13 12:08 AM
SubbedZER0

so if i'm taking this right.....CBS wants more money than TWC is willing to pay for their programming? Showtime is hurt by this by being a CBS sister affiliate or a geneal affiliate of TWC? I'm a bit confused but I get the fact that it will bar the PPV to some major cities if they don't work it out...

8/5/13 12:11 AM
pharochuck
314 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
I wonder if they would compensate by pushing the movie theater promotion. I haven't watched a fight in a theater since Leonard-Hagler but it might be a way to circumvent the cable dispute Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 12:18 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Time Warner sucks, I think it would be big for these other cable companies to step up and take advantage if TWC and the channels can't agree...Time Warner would be dumb to lose those channels.

glad I have AT&T

8/5/13 12:21 AM
SubbedZER0

pharochuck - I wonder if they would compensate by pushing the movie theater promotion. I haven't watched a fight in a theater since Leonard-Hagler but it might be a way to circumvent the cable dispute Phone Post 3.0

if they IMAX it by me i'm in, word on the interwebz is around 25 bones for a movie theatre ticket

8/5/13 12:23 PM
chadk
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SubbedZER0 -
pharochuck - I wonder if they would compensate by pushing the movie theater promotion. I haven't watched a fight in a theater since Leonard-Hagler but it might be a way to circumvent the cable dispute Phone Post 3.0

if they IMAX it by me i'm in, word on the interwebz is around 25 bones for a movie theatre ticket

Seriously, I shudder at the notion of having to sit through an entire ppv show in a theater full of drunken idiots who only show up for big fights and are suddenly "experts". Phone Post
8/5/13 1:25 PM
buddie
371 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I watched De la Hoya vs Chavez I & II and Floyd v Cotto on closed circuit. I had a great experience at all three events. Its much more fun watching a fight in a crowd, the only thing better is being at the fights live.
8/5/13 2:04 PM
chadk
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Buddie, I watched every big PPV card for years via closed circuit while living in Guam. DLH vs Chavez I & II here in the states and I much prefer to see it from home. No lines at the bathrooms, no missing things because I wanted a drink, no DJ's trying blasting music and trying to hawk shit between rounds, etc... What I really like about watching from home is that I can hear the corners between rounds. Nothing tells the story of the fight like the happenings in the corner. Getting soaked in beer because a bunch of Mexican diehards can't accept that an old Chavez got stopped via cuts by ODLH is not fun for me. I can only imagine the potential for fights in the crowd for FMJ vs Canelo. No thanks. Guess I'm officially old when I don't want to be bothered lol.
8/5/13 2:14 PM
buddie
371 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it is understandable Chad, I did think that a riot was going to break out after DLH stopped Chavez on cuts. A few chairs and some beer was thrown. I was bracing for full on fucking chaos. At that time, I thought it would be fun. For May v Cotto, I saw it in a theater and it was pretty sparsely populated. We could even hear it well. That was cool.
8/5/13 6:14 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

poor team Martinez, still trying to avoid GGG with excuses...saying GGG needs to fight Stevens now lol

8/5/13 6:15 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Rafa Marquez also eyeing a fight with Leo Santa Cruz this fall

8/5/13 6:16 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=68359#ixzz2b8T6cFao This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Guillermo Jones Not Worried About Positive Drug Test

By Elisinio Castillo

WBA cruiserweight champion Guillermo "El Felino" Jones is not worried about the recent allegations that he took a performance enhancing drug for the May TKO victory over Denis Lebedev in Moscow, Russia. Last week it was reported that Jones (39-3-2, 31KOs) tested positive for Furosemide, according to testing results from RUSADA [Russian Anti Doping Agency]. Jones tooks the tests following his eleventh round TKO of Denis Lebedev at the Crocus City Hall in Moscow, Russia in May.

"I have never taken anything illegal. My promoter (Don King) told me that they will take care of this situation and not to worry. Actually I am calm, I am not concerned and we are doing well and as I said earlier. This whole doping thing is an excuse for the Russians. I cleanly won the fight aginst them," stated Jones.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.