UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

7/19/13 7:07 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PoundforPound
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/19/13 7:07 AM
Does Pacquiao really think that was a lucky punch? Marquez knocked him down with it earlier in the same fight.

Sounds like he still has no idea that he was being set up for it the whole time.
7/19/13 7:35 AM
ajsr
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A 'lucky punch' from a man who has won the vast majority of their 48 rounds against each other??? Laughable.
7/19/13 8:45 AM
chadk
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/19/13 8:48 AM
Manny is thinking like a real fighter. "He didn't beat me. I beat myself." At that level they all think they can't be beat if they perform at their best. And, if they lose, it's not because their opponent was better, it's because they screwed up somehow and "let" them win. If they don't think that way, they need to quit. Cotto didn't do better than expected against Floyd because Floyd's slowing down. No, he looked better than expected because: "I wanted to give the fans an exciting fight." Since when???... That kind of stubbornness helps to get them to that level but it also can be detrimental to them also. Hell, Evander Holyfield STILL thinks he could win a title!
7/19/13 10:11 AM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ajsr - A 'lucky punch' from a man who has won the vast majority of their 48 rounds against each other??? Laughable.

The only thing thats laughable is you thinking JMM won "the vast majority" of rd's.
7/19/13 10:12 AM
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chadk - Manny is thinking like a real fighter. "He didn't beat me. I beat myself." At that level they all think they can't be beat if they perform at their best. And, if they lose, it's not because their opponent was better, it's because they screwed up somehow and "let" them win. If they don't think that way, they need to quit. Cotto didn't do better than expected against Floyd because Floyd's slowing down. No, he looked better than expected because: "I wanted to give the fans an exciting fight." Since when???... That kind of stubbornness helps to get them to that level but it also can be detrimental to them also. Hell, Evander Holyfield STILL thinks he could win a title!

Manny is one of the top 3 fighters oh our generation, he has earned the right to think what he wants.
7/19/13 10:15 AM

chadk - 
Barry_BondsMVP -

Schaeffer confirmed Matthysse-Garcia is a go for Sept. 14th

Perhaps an "audition" for the winner? Phone Post

Depends who wins I suppose, Canelo would be too big for Matthysee or Garcia.
7/19/13 10:18 AM

Edited: 07/19/13 10:19 AM
Is there GGG shirts available on here?
AKA We read the good boys a Kazakhstan bed-time story before we KO them.
7/19/13 10:24 AM

Carl Froch vs George Groves Signed for November.

At least thats the rumor...

Say goodnight Groves.
7/19/13 12:15 PM
chadk
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache -
chadk - 
Barry_BondsMVP -

Schaeffer confirmed Matthysse-Garcia is a go for Sept. 14th

Perhaps an "audition" for the winner? Phone Post

Depends who wins I suppose, Canelo would be too big for Matthysee or Garcia.
As much as I'm hoping for an upset, Canelo's just like everyone else Floyd's faced in recent years. Slow footed, defensively liable, straight ahead and only throws one or two at a time. Being bigger gives me some hope but stylewise he's tailor made for Floyd. Phone Post
7/19/13 12:23 PM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would REALLY like a GGG shirt with a 'Goodboys' symbol in place of the 'Goodfellas' symbol that was on Macklin trunks. Pop the Goodboys logo in the middle and throw a Summit symbol or Kazak flag on the shoulder and i'm in.

7/19/13 2:06 PM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also really looking forward to the double header of FNF moving into Shobox tonight. Been having some boxing withdrawals lately.

7/19/13 2:59 PM
endochokedme
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SubbedZER0 - 

Also really looking forward to the double header of FNF moving into Shobox tonight. Been having some boxing withdrawals lately.

agreed on the withdrawals subbed and I am just realizing my DVR is only set for the shobox. I meant to set it for FNF this morning but forgot
7/19/13 3:24 PM
SubbedZER0

a shame good sir, i've been waiting to see Ajose again since the Matthysse fight, very excited he got a fight like Hammerin Hank

7/19/13 3:38 PM
OmgItsTheWams
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think a kid from the next town over is fighting on the FNF undercard hopefully he gets some air time
7/19/13 3:50 PM
SubbedZER0

Hope so Wams, it does seem like they try to get the support in for a local guy if they get the extra air time. I remember them doing that for Chip Perez in CT a couple times before he was a regular

7/19/13 3:51 PM
SubbedZER0

also depends on if they record the fight, I think.

7/19/13 3:56 PM
endochokedme
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am hoping I make it home to reaarange the dvr and catch FNF thanks for the reminder..shits been crazy round here
7/19/13 4:11 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
896 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

agreed with what you said on the previous page Chad....I think Manny would give Floyd problems earlier, like Zab, but Floyd would adjust and take over.

7/19/13 5:17 PM
pharochuck
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Barry_BondsMVP -

agreed with what you said on the previous page Chad....I think Manny would give Floyd problems earlier, like Zab, but Floyd would adjust and take over.

I believe that would be the case as well. Manny is/was a great fighter but I don't see him beating mayweather Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 5:18 PM
pharochuck
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Barry_BondsMVP -

Lara and Trout were going back and forth on twitter last night...let's make that official too.

If they are both in camp why not sept 14th for them as well. Make it the Super Bowl of boxing Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 5:48 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
896 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yea it would of been nice, but looks to be for another date...that fight would be a good Shobox headliner.

Bronson, I'm not sleeping on Groves yet, yea he hasn't been tested...but the kid is good.

7/19/13 5:52 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just heard Ortiz is gonna return in Sept and an announcement will be made in the next week or 10 days.

You think he might get added to the undercard of Floyd/Canlo or is that most likely a Showtime fight for sometime in Sept? 

7/19/13 7:22 PM
SubbedZER0

CRMartin, there are some gentlemen in the thread with some excellent online links. Shoot the word out for a PM and i'm sure somebody will come through for you

7/19/13 8:43 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

wont be on the card imo Chris.

7/19/13 9:06 PM
SubbedZER0

That was a bit dick'ish from Joe.

They announce Mike Tyson signing a dozen fighters and moving in as a promoter and Joe says "Thanks as I try to contemplate and accept Mike Tyson with financiary or any responsibilities to a young fighters career"

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.