UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/8/13 11:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
chadk
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SubbedZER0 -
Barry_BondsMVP - 

interesting Roah fires Ariza when they agree to take the Vada testing for this upcoming fight.

not that sketchy to me but it could be something.

the second I saw the addition of the conditioning coach from Phillippino nation, I knew Ariza's job was coming to an end. That guy had 'replacement' written all over him. Especially considering he's holding mitts now for Mannys speed routines.

They've never gotten along and Freddie's not hid his feelings about him either. Manny kept him on though. Hopefully, Manny dumps that "advisor" too (Koncz?). The high paid yes man. Phone Post
8/8/13 4:10 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
841 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yea Michael Koncz got punched by Ariza lol...that whole camp is retarded. Too much drama and BS, Ariza came out last year on fighthype saying he had a lot of dirt on Arum etc.

8/8/13 5:49 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

all I know of it is when Roach would repeatedly say that he was good at his particular job but would constantly step outside of his boundaries and try to do other things.

8/8/13 7:27 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
841 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i'll watch lol...Guerrero v Thurman would be a good co-main...they are targeting that for Nov 2nd anyways.

8/8/13 8:04 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
545 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus, that makes what 3 title fights? What happened to Lara/ Trout being on the card? Phone Post 3.0
8/8/13 8:20 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

that was just rumors

8/8/13 8:28 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Arum plans to show Mayweather Jr. the money

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=68405#ixzz2bQXNh2gd This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Bill "Two Scoops" Emes

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum has not given up on a potential fight between Manny Pacquiao (54-5-2, 38KOs) and Floyd Mayweather Jr. (44-0, 26KOs). The fight has long been demanded, but negotiations to make the contest have failed time and time again.

The bout lost some steam in 2012, after Pacquiao suffered back to back defeats to Timothy Bradley and Juan Manuel Marquez.

Both fighters have important matches coming up. Mayweather goes back to junior middleweight to face Saul "Canelo" Alvarez on September 14th in Las Vegas. Pacquiao travels to China to trade punches with Brandon Rios on November 23.

Arum's company is doing a lot of business in Asia. If both superstars win, Arum would like to make Pacquiao-Mayweather in Asia - and he guarantees the money involved would blow away anything Mayweather has ever made for a single fight.

"We're going to demonstrate to Floyd that the money that can be made from a Floyd-Pacquiao fight in Asia exceeds anything that he could have dreamed of. The rest is up to Floyd," Arum told BoxingScene.com.

There is the issue of networks. Mayweather has an exclusive multi-fight agreement with Showtime. Arum's company is doing exclusive business with network rival HBO. The veteran promoter is not worried about the network situation as being a breaking point in making the fight.

"We haven't done a fight at Showtime in two years. But be that as it may, these things have a whole history of resolving themselves," Arum said.

Arum Plans To Show Floyd Mayweather Jr. The Money

8/8/13 8:30 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol

8/8/13 8:31 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Angel there is ripping the push of Shiming, how he got paid so much in only his second fight...compared to other Olympians.

8/8/13 8:34 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Hopkins-Murat To October 26th, Bika-Dirrell in Play

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=68447#ixzz2bQZVNWOp
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

y Rick Reeno & David P. Greisman

The fall fight between light heavyweight titleholder Bernard Hopkins and his mandatory challenger, Karo Murat, has been pushed back one week to Oct. 26, according to Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer.

The Showtime televised bout was originally scheduled for July 13 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. That card was canceled when Murat, who hails from Germany, was unable to obtain a visa to enter the United States in time. Though no official announcement had been made yet by Golden Boy Promotions, company CEO Richard Schaefer told BoxingScene.com last month that the fight would end up in Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City on Oct. 19.

It’ll come seven days later.

Hopkins, still active and competitive at 48, won the International Boxing Federation’s belt in March with a decision win over Tavoris Cloud. That brought his record to 53-6-2 with 32 knockouts and 2 no contests.

Murat, who turns 30 in September, has been rather inactive of late. He had a draw with Gabriel Campillo in October 2011, and he last fought in June 2012, scoring a seventh-round stoppage that brought his record to 25-1-1 with 15 knockouts.

Another fight being targeted for the card, Schaefer tells BoxingScene.com, is Sakio Bika (32-5, 21KOs) making the first defense of his WBC light heavyweight title against undefeated Anthony Dirrell (26-0, 22KOs). Both fighters are advised by Al Haymon.

Schaefer indicates the card could also become a tripleheader event, with the return of WBO middleweight champion Peter Quillin (29-0, 21KOs).

8/8/13 8:36 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=68432#ixzz2bQZr0NRL This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Rozier Erupts on Golovkin's Trainer Over Stevens Jabs

By Mitch Abramson

Curtis Stevens isn’t the only one who’s been on the offensive in recent days.
Stevens’ talkative and stylish trainer (he designs Havoc boxing gear after all), Andre Rozier, has been just as aggressive, taking aim at one of the most respective trainers in the sport, Abel Sanchez, for demeaning comments he made toward Stevens. In a recent story for Boxingscene, Sanchez was quoted as calling Stevens “green” and “not ready” for his fighter Gennady Golovkin, who's searching for his next opponent for a bout in November.

In response, Rozier said of Sanchez: “Who is Abel Sanchez? Before Golovkin I never even heard of him. I can’t take criticism from a guy who never developed his own fighter and then takes credit for what he's done with a fighter who was already basically complete when he got him. Who is Sanchez to criticize Curtis?”

Rozier had reason to be upset. According to Sanchez, Stevens would be a much easier assignment for Golovkin than his recent opponent, Mathew Macklin, whom Golovkin blasted out in just three rounds last month.

“As far as fighting Stevens, I feel that Stevens is not ready,” Sanchez told Boxingscene on a story that was posted on Aug. 4. “I think Stevens is a lot easier than [Matthew] Macklin. I think it’s not so much about his chin- he’s still green.”

Sanchez went to say that Stevens is a “plodder” who throws “his punches in an area and hopes they land. It’s like a guy closing his eyes, throwing a shot and hopes it lands and then ‘Boom!’ the guy is out.”

Rozier took the comments as an obvious slight to Stevens but also as a personal assault to his own acumen as a trainer.

“If you insult Curtis then you’re insulting me,” Rozier said of why he was starting a war of words with Sanchez, knowing that he might take some heat for picking a fight with another trainer.

“I’ve been training [Curtis] since day one, so if you’re calling him green then you’re insulting me, too and calling me green,” Rozier explained.

So Rozier phoned a reporter to pen a response, calling Sanchez a “hired gun” and a “trainer for higher” who’s never developed a fighter from scratch, as Rozier has done with his nephew Stevens, starting him in boxing when he was five.

Rozier even took a dig at Sanchez’s recent tryst with Tavoris Cloud, a fighter that Sanchez guided to a surprising loss at the hands of Bernard Hopkins in March.

“First of all, commenting on the statement that Curtis is green,” Rozier began, “Curtis has been boxing as a pro since 2004, so he’s been a fighter for a long enough time where he can’t be green. He might have had his ups and downs, but no way is he green. He’s been boxing since the age of five. He’s definitely a learned fighter and experienced more than many pro fighters who are participating at the moment.”

Rozier next tackled the subject of Stevens not being a true knockouts artist, who in the words of Sanchez, is just fortunate to be knocking his opponents out. Since losing a surprising decision to Jesse Brinkley in 2010, Stevens has won four straight, stopping three of his opponents in the first round. Most recently, he demolished Saul Roman on Saturday on a devastating left hook in the first round.

“And he also stated that Curtis is catching people with a lucky punch,” Rozier said. “Well, if I can have the kind of odds that Curtis has shown in knocking people out, then I’d be in Atlantic City, Las Vegas and Connecticut every week. Curtis has been stopping his opponents since the age of 10 and that’s been well documented and is a God-given ability to render someone unconscious.”

Rozier also took aim at the perception that Sanchez is nothing more than a “hired gun” adept at polishing off a fighter’s hard edges late in their careers after they’ve already matured into a finished product.

(Of course, despite this perception, Sanchez has a resume that any trainer would be proud of. He's been a trainer in boxing for over 30 years and has guided 11 world champions, including Terry Norris and now Golovkin.)

“There’s a difference between a trainer and a trainer who has been with his students from the very beginning,” Rozier said.

“The trainer who has been with his fighter from the very beginning deals with a lot of circumstances together. And if they come up short they have to deal with them together. The trainers that I have the most respect for are the ones who have had their fighters since the early days,” Rozier went on. “And I don’t want to hear about these guys who come along and work with a guy after he is already completed and then take all the credit.”

Rozier singled out trainers such as Barry Hunter and Virgil Hunter and Mike Stafford and Nazim Richardson as men he looks up to because of their long connections to their fighters from the amateurs to the pros.

“All my guys have been with me since the beginning and he can’t say the same with his own fighters,” Rozier said.

"Listen, Gennady came from Russia. He was a seasoned fighter before he even began with Sanchez. I don’t know when Abel started training him but I know it hasn’t been for that long for him to be talking like he’s been training him since the first day that he donned his first pair of boxing gloves. He’s a trainer for a higher- AKA the same results when he started working with Tavoris Cloud. Tavoris is a banger and he was waiting for his shots against Hopkins. [Sanchez] took it all away from him. I know one thing- if I had been training Tavoris, he wouldn’t have fought that way. He would have had more success if I had trained him.”

8/8/13 8:40 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=68437#ixzz2bQaknVos This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Angel Garcia Had PED Concerns in Matthysse Talks

By Bill "Two Scoops" Emes

Angel Garcia says he was concerned about performance enhancing drugs in the negotiations for Danny Garcia's defense of the WBC/WBA junior welterweight titles against Lucas Matthysse on September 14th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Team Garcia faced issues with last year's rematch against Erik Morales. The Mexican veteran tested positive for banned substance clenbuterol.

Morales blamed his positive result on tainted beef that he consumed in Mexico.

The explanation provided by Morales is certainly possible. Several countries, including Mexico, Canada and China, have faced serious issues with clenbuterol use on livestock. In 2011, the health department raided a Mexican slaughterhouse and found that 68% of the livestock was tainted with clenbuterol.

Since Matthysse is holding his training camp in Argentina, Angel had concerns that a Morales-like issue would come up again.

USADA [United States Anti-Doping Agency] is running the drug testing protocol on Matthysse and Garcia.

"If he takes the drug tests and everything comes up negative, we're good to go. They say the [PEDs] are in the beef and if they say it's in the beef we ain't fighting. Not only [putting the focus on Matthysse], but a lot of South American fighters blame it on the beef. They say they shoot their cattle out there in those countries [with steroids], to get them bigger and fatter. They say its in their bloodstream because they eat the beef. I'm not making it up, I'm telling you what they say," Angel told BoxingScene.com.

"The thing is, if it's in the beef then your whole family is on it. Your wife is eating it, your kids are eating it, your uncle is eating, your team is eating it. Let's test the whole squad then. I just want it fair. When we weren't champion we couldn't call the shots. We just want a fair fight."

8/8/13 8:51 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea Al, it's better then MMA imo right now.

8/8/13 9:55 PM
chadk
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Allen Hood - People still watch boxing ? Weird Phone Post 3.0

When boxing's good there's nothing better in sports. Period.
8/8/13 10:01 PM
buddie
469 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chadk - 

THIS! It is fucking criminal really where boxing is as a result of dirty fingers. The sport is almost perfect for television. 3 minute rounds with 1 minute for a short commercial break. A small area in the ring to cover as opposed to a large field of play. You can see the combatants because they aren't covered up by helmets. So many reasons boxing is great, especially because of the courage displayed by the participants.
8/8/13 11:46 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

idk about this Broner PPV, price will be big for me if that happens.

8/9/13 5:25 PM
SubbedZER0

can anyone confirm that we have dueling cards on Showtime and ESPN tonight?

or do we just have FNF?

8/9/13 5:48 PM
endochokedme
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

holy shit Angel Garcia needs a reality tv show

guy is a fucking idiot
8/9/13 6:06 PM
endochokedme
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SubbedZER0 - 

can anyone confirm that we have dueling cards on Showtime and ESPN tonight?

or do we just have FNF?

i checked the schedule on my tv this morning and there is a showtime card tonight...i think starts at 7pm (west coast time) i might be wrong on time
8/9/13 6:20 PM
tbi0904
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chadk - 

I love the hell out of mma but you're 100% correct. I have yet to see the ebbs & flows of an mma fight match a Corrales/Castillo type fight. Playoff hockey is pretty damn emotionally draining as well lol. Just ask Boston or Toronto.
8/9/13 6:21 PM
pharochuck
368 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Barry_BondsMVP -

i'll watch lol...Guerrero v Thurman would be a good co-main...they are targeting that for Nov 2nd anyways.

Broner-maidana and Thurman-Guerrero on same card with the winners meeting in feb or march would be great. Wishful thinking on my part though Phone Post 3.0
8/9/13 7:48 PM
PoundforPound
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/09/13 7:48 PM
There will be indeed be dueling cards tonight. On top of that my Dallas Cowboys are playing the Oakland Raiders at the same time. :(

Gonna have to DVR something.

As far as boxing goes I'm looking forward to seeing how the Bronze Bomber is developing.
8/9/13 8:02 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

what are the dueling cards Pound 4 Pound?

Russell Jr is back tonight, they'll show highlights of his fight on Showtime...

Pharo, that would be great, but I don't see Broner fighting Thurman right now imo.

8/9/13 8:06 PM
PoundforPound
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Friday Night Fights will be on at the same time as the Showtime bouts. 10:00pm Eastern time.
8/9/13 8:10 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I'm sticking with the Showtime card...better fights

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.