UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

8/14/13 4:19 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PoundforPound
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/14/13 4:21 AM
Randy Watson - That just does not sound right. Most countries anti doping agencies including the US are signatories to the WADA code. So why don't the althetic commissions just adopt that, and make it clear you fight in this state and you are subject to USADA testing verified in indepenent labs.

It costs money to do that kind of testing. To pay for the testers that show up to randomly to collect the samples and then also to pay for the lab work.

Most fighters and promoters won't want to pay for it out of their pocket.
8/14/13 6:19 AM
SubbedZER0
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

p4p, what kind of pretty penny are we talking about? If I had to make a call I would leave that on the promoters hands down. I would think the cost would easily fit the budget of profit for a major fight?

I imagine that does have to be on the big side of expensive. Leaving a big issue with doing with all fights/fighters.

8/14/13 7:33 AM
PoundforPound
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have no idea of the actual price tag, Subbed.

That's just what you'll usually hear though, that it's pricy. Then again you usually hear that from a promoter so it could be baloney.

8/14/13 9:51 AM
Randy Watson
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To be honest I am not sure what the funding model is in other sports. I would have thought that in this case, the relevant government authority controls the testing and builds that cost into the fee. A promoter paying for his marquee fighters testing would be a conflict of interest.
8/14/13 1:01 PM
chadk
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It can't be insanely expensive because Nonito Donaire pays for year round VADA testing out of his own pocket. He's making good money but not superstar money. Phone Post
8/14/13 1:47 PM
SubbedZER0
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does the comission have a set drug testing procedure for Nevada, do they follow a set of rules?

I know this is obviously different for different ACs. Is a hybrid set of rules that the majority of fighters/commissions were happy with a step in a positive direction? or is this really that long of an on-going problem and that many 'powers that be' feel different about it to the point that it seems un-solvable?

8/15/13 12:44 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
878 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

there was a few audio errors for whatever reason...only lasts a few seconds.

8/15/13 2:42 PM
endochokedme
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Party Marty, your boy Jorge is growing on me...I cant wait to see who he will hate on next...

whats up with FNF fights this weekend? any info on who is fighting..
8/15/13 3:56 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
878 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hahah he's a true hater lol..he's pissed because he fought  DeAnda and got screwed out of a decision.

8/16/13 10:50 AM
SubbedZER0

in for podcast this AM

8/16/13 11:13 AM
Leck Brosnar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

hahah he's a true hater lol..he's pissed because he fought  DeAnda and got screwed out of a decision.

Who is the guy hating on the Moraes fight? He starts spouting off shit that it was a boring fight and says he didn't even watch it?
8/16/13 11:18 AM
Leck Brosnar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leck Brosnar - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

Who is the guy hating on the Moraes fight? He starts spouting off shit that it was a boring fight and says he didn't even watch it?

That you Bonds? :D
8/16/13 11:54 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Leck Brosnar - 
Leck Brosnar - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

That you Bonds? :D

lol, we were both haters..that was the only fight I missed...but Moraes is solid. 

8/16/13 12:20 PM
SubbedZER0

@ endochoked - Light Heavy prospect Andrzej (andrew) Fonfara takes on Gabe Campillo. I know Andrzej is a long guy with some talent, remember him beating Glen Johnson in his retirement bout. Don't know much about Campillo. Co-main is Mike Mollo vs Artur Szpilka.

Note- Anybody correct me if i'm wrong here. This is whats listed

@ Barry - enjoyed the podcast. Was a good listen before a weekend of Combat sports, looking forward to next one. Wish you had a bit more time to get into the Broner v Maidana fight

8/16/13 12:23 PM
SubbedZER0

EEKS - 
endochokedme - Party Marty, your boy Jorge is growing on me...I cant wait to see who he will hate on next...

whats up with FNF fights this weekend? any info on who is fighting..
The "Polish Prince" Fonfara vs Campillo. I will be there tonight, fights will be at the US Cellular field stadium here in Chicago. First time we are having a boxing event at the White Sox park since Patterson vs Liston in the 60s. Phone Post

This sounds like a good time. Can't wait to check the view of the HD fights at Cellular Field

8/16/13 12:31 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

thanks Subb, the 30 mins flies by....but if the fight gets made, I'll have a nice break down prior to the fight. I'll do a more in depth break down of the Floyd/Canelo card the Wed before the fight. Next week I wanna focus on Arum.

thanks again for the support guys, again if there's any constructive critiscism to give, I'll listen.

8/16/13 12:52 PM
SubbedZER0

sounds good as well Barry, i'm looking forward to the 'Arum ways' breakdown and some of the history of the shadyness, maybe alittle Don King history thrown in there too?

8/16/13 3:02 PM
endochokedme
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks subbed & eeks for the info on tonights fights...voted you both up

EEKS that sounds like a great time, I will be sure to check it out
8/16/13 4:15 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea I'll try to throw some Don in there for you too bro.

8/16/13 8:59 PM
PoundforPound

It's good to see Chicago hosting some boxing fights. Based on the card I'm guessing that the city has a sizeable Polish population?
8/16/13 9:03 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea, big Polish community there

8/16/13 9:06 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was born and raised in Chicago... And yes the Polish community is very large.
8/16/13 9:08 PM
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good thing Tennis is going to take another 30 mins to end.
What a joke, FNF gets one 2 hour slot on ESPN 2 and they still overrun programs on to it basically evey time.
8/16/13 9:09 PM

PoundforPound - It's good to see Chicago hosting some boxing fights. Based on the card I'm guessing that the city has a sizeable Polish population?

Mike Mollo is the only true Chicago guy of the two main fights. The pol's aint cut from the same cloth, Chi rep's Mollo all day.
8/16/13 10:36 PM
tbi0904
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Night night Mollo... Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.