UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

8/16/13 10:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow really good fight!
8/16/13 10:41 PM
grkblood
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Show Radio, janitor

Does Mollo remind anyone of Maddalone?

8/16/13 10:44 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CHICAGO BOXING
8/16/13 11:24 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
879 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

missed the fight, was watching the Niners game, and forgot to DVR...smh

8/16/13 11:25 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
879 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Apparently Canelo is killing his sparring partners, ran through about 4 guys.

8/16/13 11:27 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=68711#ixzz2cC2tbrTZ
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Pirog Says He Will Soon Resume His Career                                                                                                                                                             

By Ruslan Chikov

Former middleweight champion Dmitry Pirog (20-0, 15KOs) is ready to resume his career. Pirog's activity has taken a big hit due to injuries. He gave up his WBO title to accept a fight with WBA champion Gennady Golovkin, but withdrew after injuring his back. The problems continued to bother him in the comings months. He last fought in May 2012, winning a twelve round decision over Nobuhiro Ishida.

Pirog says the injuries are now fully headled and he plans to travel over to the United States to discuss his future. Pirog was promoted in the United States by Banner Promotions, but he never disclosed on who he plans to meet with.

8/16/13 11:28 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=68700#ixzz2cC3G2Fe6 This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Rigondeaux To Arum: I Won't Accept Any More Disrespect!

By Elisinio Castillo

WBA/WBO super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux (12-0, 8KOs) is getting fed up with what he is calling a "lack of respect" from his promoter, Top Rank CEO Bob Arum. Rigondeaux doesn't feel he is getting the proper support since beating Nonito Donaire earlier this year. Rigondeaux's return has yet to be finalized, but Donaire is already booked to return on HBO on November 9th.

Rigondeaux is reaching the point where he wants to get the proper support or requests that Arum void out their promotional agreement.

"Here is what bothers me, the lack of respect from Top Rank and Bob Arum, who makes jokes in bad taste - like the one where he says that in order to become a superstar Fidel Castro has to come down and promote me or how the people at HBO vomit when they hear my name. [HBO] recently paid homage to all of the champions and [Top Rank/HBO] did not invite me. They say they're going to give me exposure on this card and that card and then forget those promises. Everything is a lack of respect," Rigondeaux told George Ebro.

"[Either they promote me] or give me back the contract, but I will not accept any more disrespect. I've won my titles with great effort and I will not let anything or anyone come [and disrespect me]. [Arum] does not treat everyone equally - I have no doubt about that."

8/16/13 11:30 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

JCC/Vera rescheduled for Sept 28th

8/17/13 12:03 AM
PoundforPound
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That Mollo-Szpilka fight was awesome. Szpilka has skills but leaves himself open a lot.
8/17/13 12:10 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Szpilka tends to get a bit to wild, and like you said...that leaves him open. I'd like to see him fight his brother Chris Arreola lol

8/17/13 2:31 PM
endochokedme
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn i got sucked into the HW fight...glad they showed the 1st fight from February...both fights were entertaining brawls.

I gotta go back and watch the main event
8/17/13 5:41 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Kovalev vs Cleverly in Round 3 right now, I have Kovalev up 2-0

8/17/13 5:45 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Cleverly is getting destroyed, 3rd round right now, got dropped twice.

8/17/13 5:47 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Kovalev vs Ward please

8/17/13 5:52 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol, I had to watch it streamed...are they airing it tonight, I saw on HBO it's Barker vs Geale...do they plan on showing this delayed?

8/17/13 6:07 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

hahaha, lol yea Lamps will get psychotic tonight...sorry for the spoilers gentleman, been busy and forgot these fights were on, I got excited.

8/17/13 9:51 PM
PoundforPound
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As far as I'm concerned it's not a spoiler if the fight is officially over.

Good performance by Kovalev. He will take over the 175 pound division I think.

Unless Ward moves up.
8/17/13 10:06 PM
chadk
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cleverly didn't look like he'd ever been in a bad spot in the ring before and the ref cut him a break by not stopping it sooner. You'd think his corner would've been screaming at him to run and hold until he recovered. Kovalev took care of business.
8/17/13 10:52 PM
chadk
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Martinez willed himself to victory. If anyone ever doubted the ability of a fighter to break someone mentally, and to take away their will to fight, this would be a good bout to show them. Phone Post
8/17/13 10:55 PM
MarcVanBas
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Come on Darren!!!
8/17/13 11:15 PM
stillmatic
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sloppy but decent scrap so far between Geale and Barker.
8/17/13 11:19 PM
stillmatic
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Geale keeps slapping with his punches. Needs to get on his bicycle and box. Doesn't have the power to trade with Barker.
8/17/13 11:23 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

family just left, so Stevens-GGG is on?

8/17/13 11:27 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

good for Stevens, another #Goodboy lol

just turned this fight on, looks to be another toe to toe war.

8/17/13 11:30 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Geale is no joke

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.