UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

8/24/13 11:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
813 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know if Mares is big enough for 126, might of hit a ceiling.

8/24/13 11:49 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
813 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SubbedZER0 - 

Thoughts on the first episode of All Access Mayweather v Canelo anyone? I do miss a bit of the HBO intensity and narration.

enjoyed it, I especially like the scene where Floyd is talking at the HOF, and they cut to Canelo and back to Floyd.

8/24/13 11:52 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

well I wish you the best, make sure you post the pic of the betting ticket :)

8/24/13 11:56 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 
SubbedZER0 - 

Thoughts on the first episode of All Access Mayweather v Canelo anyone? I do miss a bit of the HBO intensity and narration.

enjoyed it, I especially like the scene where Floyd is talking at the HOF, and they cut to Canelo and back to Floyd.

I think my expectations had alot to do with it. I'm really looking forward to the next couple episodes when they get down into camp and training. Maybe i'm just butthurt they didn't show any Floyd sparring.

8/24/13 11:57 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

haha yea, I know Floyd showed him sparring Omar Henry before the Cotto fight, he may do the same for the fans.

8/25/13 12:10 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

haha, good stuff...hey they fight for a reason, just like tonight...anything can happen. But the experience, defense and speed will be too much for Canelo, he's going to be chasing Floyd all night...and like Ward said, he's having issues just making 154, the stamina isn't there.

8/25/13 12:13 AM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor, you the guy who made the million dollar bet on Weidman?

Really though, how much you put on him?

8/25/13 12:14 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

scared of Canelo, or calling his bluff?

8/25/13 12:19 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol Valero like Canelo is too flat footed, Circles would be boxed around him.

Canelo fought Baldomir at a catch weight of 151 pounds, he came in at 153 against Trout...you really believe this kid can't drop a pound? lol

8/25/13 12:22 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Cotto did well, won 2 rounds, but he never stopped fighting. Floyd wont stay on the ropes against Canelo, he's going to be turning Canelo and using head control, Canelo will be flustered trying to cut the ring off..

we'll see indeed.

8/25/13 12:24 AM
SubbedZER0

10,000 dollar s.n bet.

Bonds has it like that.

8/25/13 12:27 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

you can't compare ERA's though, of course the level of talent at the WW division in the 80's is much better..those guys were big WW's too, I doubt Floyd even fights in those weight classes. 

the guy started at 130 pounds and now is fighting the best guy at 154 again, (Oscar) first time. 

We'll see how Floyd's career ends first, I think with a Canelo win and another big name, he's easily top 10, for sure the best of this ERA.

8/25/13 12:27 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

SubbedZER0 - 

10,000 dollar s.n bet.

Bonds has it like that.

lol yes I can handle that, 10,000 vote ups

8/25/13 12:32 AM
stillmatic
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Floyd's never beaten an elite fighter at their prime weight.

His best win was probably Diego Corrales. Actually went into that fight the underdog, but Diego had a ton of problems heading into that fight.
8/25/13 12:36 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Fedor, where do you rank Willie Pep?

8/25/13 12:36 AM
stillmatic
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

you can't compare ERA's though, of course the level of talent at the WW division in the 80's is much better..those guys were big WW's too, I doubt Floyd even fights in those weight classes. 

the guy started at 130 pounds and now is fighting the best guy at 154 again, (Oscar) first time. 

We'll see how Floyd's career ends first, I think with a Canelo win and another big name, he's easily top 10, for sure the best of this ERA.

No way Oscar was the best fighter at 154 at the time. He was a part-time fighter when Mayweather fought him. He also went into the Mayweather fight 2-2 in his last 4 fights, should have been 1-3 as Sturm was robbed. The other win was against Mayorga.
8/25/13 12:42 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Oscar was the WBC champ at 154 when Floyd fought him, he was the man in the division.

8/25/13 12:44 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

FedorFalconPunch - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

Ill give you that, hes def top 10 if he beats Canelo and 1 more young talent. Ill give him almost full props if he can beat Canelo at this point. But its not about just winning, its about how you win too. In the GOAT discussion atleast..but Ill admit hes gained more respect for taking the fight.

I think Jail changed him..Gave him alittle more drive to actually fight and thats another reason i think he will lose.
He even talked about recently its not just about winning anymore, hes realizing it. but if he trys to bang with Canelo..he will 100 percent lose that battle.

But yea def top 10 if he beats Canelo, and maybe 1 more legit threat

he'll be stupid to sit on the ropes or pocket with Canelo...Canelo can put combos together nicely, he puts his power into all his shots.

8/25/13 12:45 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

FedorFalconPunch - I'd Rank Willie Pep maybe 12-15 of all the time greats because of his defensive greatness. and plus im Italian so I have to have him in my top 15. ;)

whoa whoa broham lol...he's easily top 3 with Henry Armstrong and SRR.

8/25/13 12:47 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

1. SRR 2. Pep 3. Armstrong 4. Joe Louis 5. Ali

8/25/13 12:48 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

nice list though, voted up

8/25/13 12:50 AM
tbi0904
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chadk -
tbi0904 -
FedorFalconPunch - You can all thank me later..I know Mayweathers bandwagon is heavy right now but he hasnt beaten a true contender in forever and hes not going to beat Canelo. Canelo has a fucking chin, young, and has true power and speed unlike Floyd who has 0 power, and is not a top 10 GOAT of all time.

Mark my words, I already got 10k on Canelo..Canelo rises up to who he fights.He knew he had Trout beat after 8 rounds..with the way they told the score cards in that fight.

Canelo is going to body bag Floyd and make Floyd quit. Mark it down.. Floyd either quits or leaves the ring with broken ribs and a bruised ego.

Canelo vs Tripple G next up
Make Floyd quit huh? Even though he's an economical puncher with an iffy gas tank? If, and that's huge if, he can neutralize Floyd's lead right with his jab he's got a shot. I wanna see that 8k bet slip lol. Phone Post
And, even though he's basically just a bigger version of everyone else Floyd's faced lately? A slow footed plodder who has to set his feet to punch and only throws one or two punches at a time? I hope you're right but I think it looks just like the Guerrero fight. Phone Post
Canelo is much more talented than Guerrero could ever hope to be. He just cuts too much weight to have the stamina he needs to pressure Floyd for 36 minutes.

Looks like I missed a good card tonight. I'm out in San Clemente and forgot to set my DVR. Fml. Phone Post
8/25/13 12:54 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Hopkins on Kovalev

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article14967.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
8/25/13 12:56 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

FedorFalconPunch - I mean i cant disagree with your list..I just tend to favor the big boys. like people discredit true grit too much..Marciano had fucking true grit and Dempsey as well. you cant ever count out a guy like that. But your list is probably the correct one

well that's the beauty of all time lists, people can share whatever they think. I can't hate on that, Dempsey was a beast, all those old school warriors were.

8/25/13 1:03 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

I hope you join in on this thread more bro, appreciate the convo...

I've grown to like Hop, didn't like him before during the Roy beef lol. I do have Fedor as the GOAT, I too started watching him when I was about 18-19, never seen anything like him...he looked like your average mechanic, but the dude was a monster. 

just like most, he got burnt out, and once he started letting that goon Gerry Miller control his career after Pride...it was all down hill.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.