UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/31/13 2:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
826 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know bro, maybe, he said Roach will be back later on...but you saw how they got along before the Martinez fight.

8/31/13 2:48 AM
PoundforPound
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's sad that Ward is practically begging for a Chavez Jr fight. That's probably one of the few big money opportunities out there for him right now.

But it would be a complete mismatch.
8/31/13 3:03 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
826 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JCCjr, Froch II, GGG, Kovalev....I could see those four happening in the next few years for Ward.

8/31/13 3:51 AM
Randy Watson
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those very fluid, very hard combinations Kovalev throws would make it very interesting. But I think Sergey's intention is to clean out the LHW division first.
8/31/13 3:57 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Stevenson-Cloud winner, Hopkins after? maybe Shumenov...about it, then Ward

8/31/13 6:54 AM
Tilla
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1) Ward messed up fighting Dawson @ 168. If he'd of rematched Froch (and won), he could have faced Dawson @ 175 and beaten him and then cleaned out that division. He messed those plans up big time by facing Dawson @ 168...

2) Vitali want's NO PART of Haye. Haye would lay him out.

3) Garcia/Lucas will be a war but a short war that Lucas will win. Danny's face at the Lamont/Lucas outcome said it all!

4) IF Floyd wins, what's left for him? No way he retires anytime soon when he can make $30+ Million a year for 8 weeks work. Not with his lifestyle.
8/31/13 9:19 AM
Randy Watson
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Yes to the first bit, not sure Hopkins would say yes. That the reason for your "?"

Shumenov may well become the Sven Ottke of the LHW Division.
8/31/13 11:33 AM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/31/13 11:35 AM
Barry_BondsMVP - 

I don't know bro, maybe, he said Roach will be back later on...but you saw how they got along before the Martinez fight.

and thats why I ask the thread, didn't know Roach planned on being involved with this camp again. Thats also one of the reasons why I asked about Sr though....their relationship before the Martinez fight. It didn't seem that Sr was telling him anything that was way out of line? Told him not to gain so much weight in between fights, technical advice, etc. I would think if Jr cared that camp would be very beneficial for him. But he does need to go one or the other if the advice is conflicting.

Not to mention it was looking like Chavez Sr was the one training appropriately on 24/7.......lol

8/31/13 11:36 AM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

WAY down for the possibility of Kovalev v Stevenson

8/31/13 3:35 PM
SubbedZER0

Sr will be training Jr from what i've heard yes. However Senior to me would run a camp that Chavez Jr wouldn't adhere to. Too strict for him IMO. I hope he's following rules, either that or I hope Freddie does what he did to Mickey Rourke back in the day to Chavez.......leave him if he won't listen.

I would like to know if Ariza is still involved with him also? Anyone know what Freddie's plans are for 'returning' at the end? Is he just there for fight strategy?

8/31/13 4:03 PM
Tilla

Who is Chavez fighting?
8/31/13 4:06 PM
SubbedZER0

@ tilla , Brian Vera - Staples Center

8/31/13 5:07 PM
SubbedZER0

it appears a watchful eye is out there

8/31/13 6:34 PM
chadk
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SubbedZER0 -

Sr will be training Jr from what i've heard yes. However Senior to me would run a camp that Chavez Jr wouldn't adhere to. Too strict for him IMO. I hope he's following rules, either that or I hope Freddie does what he did to Mickey Rourke back in the day to Chavez.......leave him if he won't listen.

I would like to know if Ariza is still involved with him also? Anyone know what Freddie's plans are for 'returning' at the end? Is he just there for fight strategy?

Shit... Sr. was renowned for his love of booze & the good life. You'd think Jr. would see the costs first hand and would've learned through him, instead of trying to relive his mistakes. Phone Post
8/31/13 9:28 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ATTN boxing fans

Showtime Sports YouTube has just uploaded full length fights in anticipation for Sept 14th

Matthysse/Peterson
Mattyhsse/Dallas Jr
Canelo/Lopez
Canelo/Trout
Morales/Garcia 2
Mayweather/Guerrero

All crystal clear HD Phone Post 3.0
9/1/13 1:29 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

what I meant Subb, Roach will be back later, after the fight...in the future.

9/1/13 4:32 PM
SubbedZER0

9/1/13 4:54 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

thanks subb, less than two weeks away

9/2/13 1:37 AM
Fedoral Crime
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone notice a certain rapey-voiced UFC fighter in that episode? Phone Post 3.0
9/2/13 1:57 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

Starting Tomorrow  Night:

Nov. 9 At Indio, Calif. (Showtime): Gary Russell Jr. vs. Roberto Castaneda, 10 rounds, featherweights; Dominic Breazeale vs. Curtis Tate, 4 rounds, heavyweights; Marcus Browne vs. Codale Ford, 4 rounds, cruiserweights; Terrell Gausha vs. Dustin Caplinger, 4 rounds, super middleweights; Errol Spencer Jr. vs. Jonathan Garcia, 4 rounds, junior middleweights; Rau'shee Warren vs. Luis Rivera, 4 rounds, bantamweights; Daquan Arnett vs. Jeremiah Wiggins, 6 rounds, junior middleweights; Manuel Robles vs. Tim Ibarra, 4 rounds, featherweights At Singapore: Chris John vs. Chonlatarn Piriyapinyo, 12 rounds, for John's WBA "super" featherweight title At Liverpool, England: Ovill McKenzie vs. Enzo Maccarinelli, 12 rounds, for McKenzie's Commonwealth light heavyweight title; Nov. 10 At Las Vegas (HBO): Vanes Martirosyan vs. Erislandy Lara, 12 rounds, WBC junior middleweight eliminator; Miguel Angel "Mikey" Garcia vs. Jonathan Barros, 10 rounds, junior lightweights; Jesse Magdaleno vs. Jose Silveira, 8 rounds, junior featherweights; At Los Angeles (Showtime): Abner Mares vs. Anselmo Moreno, 12 rounds, for Mares' WBC junior featherweight title; Leo Santa Cruz vs. Victor Zaleta, 12 rounds, for Santa Cruz's IBF bantamweight title; Alfredo Angulo vs. Raul Casarez, 12 rounds, junior middleweights; Nathan Cleverly vs. Shawn Hawk, 12 rounds, for Cleverly's WBO light heavyweight title; At Hamburg, Germany (Epix and EpixHD.com): Wladimir Klitschko vs. Mariusz Wach, 12 rounds, for Klitschko's IBF/WBO/WBA heavyweight title; At Helsinki, Finalnd (Epix and EpixHD.com): Robert Helenius vs. Sherman Williams, 12 rounds, heavyweights
Thx dude...

Beginning to get more into boxing. Kind of hard getting to good stuff here ( live in Amsterdam so the only options is really Euro sports) but i try my best with torrents and sopcast ( try to do it the legal way as well but getting good streaminh access is hard).

Anyways only really familar with the bigger names so you posting about things really helps.

Thx for that! Phone Post 3.0
9/2/13 4:54 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mmadirt.com/index.php/all-mma-news/45-other-mma-news/549-tommy-the-duke-morrison-passes-away-at-age-44.html Phone Post 3.0
9/2/13 4:46 PM
SubbedZER0

Reminder at 8PM ET its Groundbreaking: Rousey followed by Collazo v Sanchez for Golden Boy boxing on FS1 tonight for those who don't know.......

9/2/13 5:03 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

thanks Sub, good to see you Fightharder...

and if anyone cares, that's Barry Pepper doing the narrating on All Access.

9/2/13 5:27 PM
SubbedZER0

whats on the podcast menu this week?

9/2/13 5:27 PM
Tilla

Gary Russel JR is the future. A fight with Gamboa would be ace.

Sad about Tommy. I wonder how he caught the bug? Dude had arguably the greatest left hook of all time.

His fight with Ruddock is a classic.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.