UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/4/13 10:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
850 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SubbedZER0 - 

KJ, I remember you telling me you were either practicing boxing or becoming a bigger fan as of recent, hang around and discuss brosef . I'm with Bonds on letting Mayweather come to you. If you watch alot of Floyd Sr interviews that seems to be what he wants with Alvarez. "That's what gon' happen, he gon' gas out, then Floyd bout to come see him" - Sr voice. I don't see Alvarez having enough skills to keep Floyd off of him for 12 and if he doesn't catch him early they say being in there with no gas and and an opponent with a bigger skillset is bad news.

I'm interested to see what happens if Floyd goes to the inside at all. Alvarez is a strong combo puncher and he punches with alot behind it and all the way through the target. Who knows what could happen in a tight exchange even though Floyd has the faster hand speed.

Lastly I remember Floyd's hands being an issue back when the Pacquiao negotiations were hot. When Floyd was complaining of performance enhancers, the Pacquiao camp at one point shot back with the Lidocane shots Floyd received in his hands and were asking 'What else did you get'? if I remember correctly.

good post

9/4/13 10:22 PM
Drugs_Delaney
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i still remember the rumors that floyd failed some tests and they swept it to protect the Vegas cash cow. they even accused DLH of having some sort of clause blocking VADA results until after the fights(not to sure of the exact rumor but somewhere along these lines). i loved how being suspect of paq over rumors was legit but bringing up floyds failed test rumors was out of the question. hopefully we see them fight one day but it sucks we didnt see it when it was the #1 subject being discussed.
9/4/13 10:32 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
850 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll say this, whether Floyd did some shit or not, at least he was willing to take tests lol.

9/4/13 10:41 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Floyd is guaranteed 41.5 million lol

9/4/13 11:19 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

has Floyd had any breaks in his hands? Alot?

I do think its a bit much if both Floyd and Manny win out from here and don't end up fighting. It will always be a big shame they didn't fight when they were ripe in age, but to not take the payday at all seems ridiculous.

9/4/13 11:27 PM
PoundforPound
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

I'll say this, whether Floyd did some shit or not, at least he was willing to take tests lol.

Yep.

Plus the "rumors" about Floyd came only from one source and no evidence was ever provided to prove that they were anything other than rumors.

9/4/13 11:55 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

yes, the test results from the Cotto fight came back negative...

his hand was banged up against Guerrero, but no breaks

9/5/13 1:18 AM
Fedoral Crime
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoundforPound -
Barry_BondsMVP - 

Yep.

Plus the "rumors" about Floyd came only from one source and no evidence was ever provided to prove that they were anything other than rumors.

There's no evidence either about Pacquaio doing PEDs but that still didn't stop Floyd's camp making accusations. Even if they were right, they went about it in the wrong way!

Both camps were as bad as each other and it cost us the biggest fights of the last 25 years.

If you havent heard the JRE podcast with Victor Conte, he says that you could do PEDs months before a fight and they would actually be of more benefit if you taper off before training.

I hate to be so cynical but it wouldn't surprise me if every world class fighter is currently on or has used PEDs. Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 10:05 AM
PoundforPound
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/05/13 10:07 AM
Fedoral Crime - There's no evidence either about Pacquaio doing PEDs but that still didn't stop Floyd's camp making accusations....Both camps were as bad as each other and it cost us the biggest fights of the last 25 years.

I can't agree that both camps were as bad as each other. Floyd has done rigorous, random drug testing with a credible agency for years at this point. And he has never come up positive.

There is no equivalency between him and Pacquiao when it comes to the drug issue.

9/5/13 3:02 PM
tbi0904
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/9630673/floyd-mayweather-last-great-prizefighter-espn-magazine
9/5/13 6:14 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Michael Wilbon said on PTI, Canelo-FMJ will be the last big fight lol

9/5/13 7:12 PM
pharochuck
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Tilla - I've always thought there was more to these 12-18 month lay-offs than letting the Division kill each other...

If Floyd KO's Canelo that'd be HUGE for him!

Say Floyd wins, who will he face for the remaining few fights of his contract?
Khan in England is a huge fight and the British press wouldn't get enough if Floyd and his antics and quotes. They could fill up a stadium. Winner of matthyse-Garcia in CBS would be huge Phone Post 3.0
9/5/13 7:14 PM
chadk
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Canelo wins, then he becomes the next big star. And, due to his size there are a few big fights to be made for him between 160 - 175lbs. Phone Post
9/5/13 7:51 PM
Tilla
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pharochuck - 
Tilla - I've always thought there was more to these 12-18 month lay-offs than letting the Division kill each other...

If Floyd KO's Canelo that'd be HUGE for him!

Say Floyd wins, who will he face for the remaining few fights of his contract?
Khan in England is a huge fight and the British press wouldn't get enough if Floyd and his antics and quotes. They could fill up a stadium. Winner of matthyse-Garcia in CBS would be huge Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, a Khan fight here would be massive. Shame Floyd will never fight out of LV, though.

Matthyse has a legit chance with that power. Dude is scary.

Canelo/Golovkin or Canelo/Martinez (especially this fight) would be massive.
9/5/13 8:21 PM
pharochuck
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chadk -  If Canelo wins, then he becomes the next big star. And, due to his size there are a few big fights to be made for him between 160 - 175lbs. Phone Post

if he wins i dont think he really has the horsepower to be effective at higher weights. part of what makes him so devastating at 154 is his actual size and strength. he would have none of those advantages at 160 and 168 is out of the question. martinez, ggg, chavez jr, barker geale, quillen would all beat him fairly easily and the guys at 168 like ward and froch and the like would just crush him. he'd be giving up height, reach, strength and in a couple of cases speed too. 

9/5/13 8:28 PM
pharochuck

PoundforPound - 
Fedoral Crime - There's no evidence either about Pacquaio doing PEDs but that still didn't stop Floyd's camp making accusations....Both camps were as bad as each other and it cost us the biggest fights of the last 25 years.

I can't agree that both camps were as bad as each other. Floyd has done rigorous, random drug testing with a credible agency for years at this point. And he has never come up positive.

There is no equivalency between him and Pacquiao when it comes to the drug issue.

you want to give pac the benefit of the doubt and accept that he's a freak of nature, however he was a very good puncher at the lower weights and was literally one shotting guys who were rugged and tough in the 140's. you hate to be cynical or just insinuate that a guy was on without concrete proof but any reasonable person could concede that it all looked a little funny

9/5/13 8:30 PM
chadk
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pharochuck -
chadk -  If Canelo wins, then he becomes the next big star. And, due to his size there are a few big fights to be made for him between 160 - 175lbs. Phone Post

if he wins i dont think he really has the horsepower to be effective at higher weights. part of what makes him so devastating at 154 is his actual size and strength. he would have none of those advantages at 160 and 168 is out of the question. martinez, ggg, chavez jr, barker geale, quillen would all beat him fairly easily and the guys at 168 like ward and froch and the like would just crush him. he'd be giving up height, reach, strength and in a couple of cases speed too. 

I agree with your points but he'd have the juice to dictate terms until he lost. Can you imagine the crowd and numbers for him vs Chavez Jr. at Cowboy Stadium or in Mexico City? Phone Post
9/5/13 8:34 PM
pharochuck

chadk - 
pharochuck -

I agree with your points but he'd have the juice to dictate terms until he lost. Can you imagine the crowd and numbers for him vs Chavez Jr. at Cowboy Stadium or in Mexico City? Phone Post

if he won and chavez jr wins his next fight, they could get a 100 thousand into a stadium to see that. he did 40 thousand against trout. against chavez coming off a win and him coming off beating mayweather you might not have a place big enough to hold that crowd

9/5/13 8:43 PM
chadk

They'd shatter the record his dad and Haugen set. Phone Post
9/5/13 10:57 PM
PoundforPound

Wilbon obviously doesn't follow the sport outside of Mayweather and Pacquiao. None of the major ESPN talking heads do. (Stephen A. Smith, Skip Bayless, Kornheiser...)
9/6/13 12:28 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

your boy Dan Rafael was going on one on twitter earlier lol

9/6/13 12:51 AM
Fedoral Crime
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoundforPound - 

Sorry I meant both camps were as bad as each other when it came to preventing the fight. Pacquiao by not doing the tests & then Floyd by demanding more money when he did agree to the tests.

We could go on about who's right & who's wrong all day but it's an old topic now at this stage & even if the fight was happening this year, it'll never have the hype & excitment it would of had a few years ago.

In regards to Floyd fighting in England, I think it's a great idea. He could sell out Wembely Stadium which has a capacity of about 90,000 easily. I just wish it wasn't against Khan! I don't think beating Devon Alexander qulaifies him to fight Floyd, especially after his last few performances.

9/6/13 12:56 AM
Fedoral Crime

Barry_BondsMVP - 

your boy Dan Rafael was going on one on twitter earlier lol

What did he say?

9/6/13 1:03 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

@danrafaelespn 6h So let me get this straight: @PTI declares #boxing dead the day before Mayweather & Canelo grace two different covers of @ESPNMag? Oh, OK.

And, by the way, @PTI, it's not just about Floyd-Canelo. There are excellent fights basically every weekend through the rest of the year.                                                                                                                          

Stevenson-Cloud, Chavez-Vera, Haye-Fury, Cotto-Rodriguez, Klit-Povetkin, Bradley-Marquez, Alvarado-Provodnikov, GGG-Stevens,                                                                                                                                   

Rocky Martinez-Mikey Garcia, Pacquiao-Rios, Froch-Groves, probably Alexander-Khan, Broner-Maidana, Kovalev will be back, etc...                                                                           

Remeber when some idiots declated Floyd-Oscar "the fight to save #boxing"? It didn't need saving then and doesn't need saving now.                                     

Mayweather-Canelo already broke ALL-TIME gate record. It's in 550 movie theaters, record sponsorship, etc.. But #boxing is dead, right @PTI?                                                                                       

9/6/13 1:04 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Mayweather-Alvarez is breaking records all over the place and might generate $150 million. Yeah, #boxing is dead, right @PTI?                                                                                                                                         

People who say #boxing is dead (I'm looking at you, @PTI) are just ignorant and/or lazy. Sport is in good health right now around the world.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.