UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

9/9/13 2:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Mouth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HenryO - 
The Mouth - 
PoundforPound - NFL guys can't just switch over and do well in boxing, I'm not saying that.

But the if the talent pool of big men wasn't being channeled over to other sports that would leave more of them to possibly become fighters from a young age. Which would have a huge impact on the quality of American heavyweights.

So what is the rest of the world's excuse?

Heavyweight is a garbage division.

Wlad/Povetkin and Haye/Fury coming up.

Ill be watching. I cant believe POvetkin got to 34 without fighting Klitchsko though

The Kiltschko's are just too dominant, Vitali's on his way out finally which should open it up a bit.

It shows you how tough boxing heavyweight is when you see these guys like Mitchell and Price get quickly sat down once they near the top 10 guys

Neither of those fights are worth a shit.

And no lie... I weigh 220 and could give most Heavies right now a run.  The weightclass is horse shit.

9/9/13 3:57 PM
AttentionDeficitDizzle
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Epic thread is epic

9/9/13 5:34 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
894 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

as much as it pains for me to say, if the fight is with in a few rounds...I could see a screw job in favor of Canelo...just so they can have a huge rematch.

9/9/13 6:30 PM
The Mouth

Barry_BondsMVP - 

as much as it pains for me to say, if the fight is with in a few rounds...I could see a screw job in favor of Canelo...just so they can have a huge rematch.

Vegas would never do that to Vegas.

9/9/13 6:31 PM
HenryO

The Mouth - 
HenryO - 
The Mouth - 
PoundforPound - NFL guys can't just switch over and do well in boxing, I'm not saying that.

But the if the talent pool of big men wasn't being channeled over to other sports that would leave more of them to possibly become fighters from a young age. Which would have a huge impact on the quality of American heavyweights.

So what is the rest of the world's excuse?

Heavyweight is a garbage division.

Wlad/Povetkin and Haye/Fury coming up.

Ill be watching. I cant believe POvetkin got to 34 without fighting Klitchsko though

The Kiltschko's are just too dominant, Vitali's on his way out finally which should open it up a bit.

It shows you how tough boxing heavyweight is when you see these guys like Mitchell and Price get quickly sat down once they near the top 10 guys

Neither of those fights are worth a shit.

And no lie... I weigh 220 and could give most Heavies right now a run.  The weightclass is horse shit.

I disagree with the first part, and even if you think that both are pretty much free tape delayed add ons to already good HBO televised card

September 28 3 site card
Stevensoun/CLoud Chavez/Vera Haye/Fury

Why wouldnt you watch.

Klitschko/Povetkin is paired with a Cotto fight.
9/9/13 6:37 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - Mikey Garcia-Roman Martinez Reach Deal For Nov. 9th
Is that Bradley/JMM? Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 6:42 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NM, had that fight confused. Nice triple header on Nov 9th Phone Post 3.0
9/9/13 6:44 PM
HenryO

I really dont get the Wlad hate, guy is a fucking monster
9/9/13 7:06 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
894 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

never say never, The Mouth lol...Floyd is on his way out, it's the right time to do it.

9/9/13 7:14 PM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

what did Fischer say? Looks like Maidana/Broner is vertbally agreed too, Ortiz and Thurman may be on the card too.

Fischer highlighted the fight between Canelo and Larry Mosley when Canelo was only 18. Talked about Larry's extensive amateur background and accomplishments and the difficulty some of the regular pros had with him. Said he felt the fight was a draw and that Canelo showed a solid amount of boxing iq and potential.

What got me listening was he sounded very well thought out atleast. I do like what he said about the counter effect of Canelo's age to the weight differential of the fight. Claims that 'yes that's alot of weight to lose, and jumping down some considerate size in division, but what's a better time to try and get away with that than at age 23?'

Thanks Tbi and Chad for the info too

9/9/13 7:19 PM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, if Ortiz and Thurman end up contracted.......i'm calling it that Thurman touches the canvas and still wins the fight.

9/9/13 7:23 PM
The Mouth

HenryO - I really dont get the Wlad hate, guy is a fucking monster

A monster with a bunch of B- fighters to keep arguing about who deserves to get trounced by him.

9/9/13 7:25 PM
The Mouth

SubbedZER0 - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

what did Fischer say? Looks like Maidana/Broner is vertbally agreed too, Ortiz and Thurman may be on the card too.

Fischer highlighted the fight between Canelo and Larry Mosley when Canelo was only 18. Talked about Larry's extensive amateur background and accomplishments and the difficulty some of the regular pros had with him. Said he felt the fight was a draw and that Canelo showed a solid amount of boxing iq and potential.

What got me listening was he sounded very well thought out atleast. I do like what he said about the counter effect of Canelo's age to the weight differential of the fight. Claims that 'yes that's alot of weight to lose, and jumping down some considerate size in division, but what's a better time to try and get away with that than at age 23?'

its too early in his career to fight PBF, which is why Floyd signed the line.

Maidana will retire Broner. (Not seriously, but it will end all the hype)

9/9/13 7:28 PM
HenryO

You're a depressing cunt arent cha
9/9/13 7:38 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

don't want you guys confused, Thurman/Ortiz are on the card, separate fights.

thanks for the detailed response Subb....time is now to make the fight, Canelo wanted this over a year ago.

9/9/13 7:42 PM
SubbedZER0

The Mouth - 
SubbedZER0 - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

I'm with the ones who think this is one/two fights too early for Canelo as well. Broner should def be careful. Coming off tour looking like that and knowing Marcos is really dedicating himself right now......i'm hoping that Maidana right hand lands and ends the train. But if Broner shuts me down, i'll give him due credit for sure.

btw Mouth, If you blast Kimbo......you're in. Throw the gloves on, take the little thunder Kimbo's got left, and you're a brand new heavyweight prospect.

9/9/13 7:53 PM
The Mouth

SubbedZER0 - 
The Mouth - 
SubbedZER0 - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

I'm with the ones who think this is one/two fights too early for Canelo as well. Broner should def be careful. Coming off tour looking like that and knowing Marcos is really dedicating himself right now......i'm hoping that Maidana right hand lands and ends the train. But if Broner shuts me down, i'll give him due credit for sure.

btw Mouth, If you blast Kimbo......you're in. Throw the gloves on, take the little thunder Kimbo's got left, and you're a brand new heavyweight prospect.

LOL.  My buddy Brian Green basically beat Kimbo... 

He's nothing but a novelty.  =)

9/9/13 10:20 PM
SubbedZER0

was anybody aware that robert garcia had a reality show? Gonna check out a few episodes here and see whats up, will post link

9/9/13 10:20 PM
SubbedZER0

9/9/13 11:18 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Yea, never watched them though, thanks.

9/9/13 11:35 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol

huge coveage this week on ESPN.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2013/09/espns-multi-platform-coverage-of-floyd-mayweather-jr-vs-saul-canelo-alvarez/
9/10/13 3:33 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

De La Hoya wont be at the fight, he's checking himself back into rehab.

9/10/13 3:48 PM
pharochuck
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Barry_BondsMVP - 

De La Hoya wont be at the fight, he's checking himself back into rehab.

hope he is able to overcome his demons. guys in the prime of his life with a family, huge bank account, and celebrity and is still a miserable guy struggling to get a handle on things.

9/10/13 4:03 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea good luck to him, money definitely doesn't buy happiness, or whatever he's missing in his life.

9/10/13 5:25 PM
SubbedZER0

Edited: 09/10/13 5:26 PM

After a couple introductory hours to the Robert Garcia reality show, I've seen some top quality moments already....

1. Brandon Rios threatens to knock Seckbach out for a slick comment while he's holding his kid, then drops him with a body shot after Elie yells out 'Brandon if you lost about 30lbs, you'd look just like your dad!' which is responded to with 'are you calling me fat motherfucker?!', a hook to the body, and DOWN GOES ELIE

2. Rios gives his gloves to a less fortunate guy in the gym, and asks him when the last time he used was. The guy lies and says a week before, then the night before, then runs away while Rios is again going into knockout mode.

3. Its worth it every time Brandon Rios gives Elie shit

4. Pelos Garcia looks like a beast, and has definetly had to knock out a dude or two over his fiance....lets face it, you bring a green eyed latina into a boxing gym and you better be fucking Pelos Garcia. Either that or she's going to find a new number in a heartbeat

5. Robert Garcia reveals that he takes certain fighters to nightclubs the night before a fight in an attempt to sort of 'floor the gas pedal' on the nerves and force them into an understanding that the they are around people who care about them and love them regardless of the win or loss the next day........interesting theory there.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.