UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

9/10/13 9:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

and you've also got my support too bro.

Also putting a reminder out on the thread that All Access and TUF are tommorow night (wed)

9/10/13 9:25 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
868 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol yea, Pharo is a good dad...

thanks bro, this thread would be shit with out everyone's support.

9/10/13 9:46 PM
pharochuck
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
SubbedZER0 -

Pharochuck is the only father we need around here Barry.

Lol Phone Post 3.0
9/10/13 9:59 PM
Fedoral Crime
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pharochuck - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

De La Hoya wont be at the fight, he's checking himself back into rehab.

hope he is able to overcome his demons. guys in the prime of his life with a family, huge bank account, and celebrity and is still a miserable guy struggling to get a handle on things.

I wish him nothing but the best too. I always loved watching Oscar fight & used to think he really was "The Golden Boy" of boxing. He seemed so level headed back in his fighting days, he's the last boxer I'd suspect of having a drug addiction.

I don't want this to sound terrible cos I know how serious addiction can be but why make that announcement the week of the fight? By all means go to rehab but I would have thought it'd be better for his company & even for Canelo to keep it quiet.

9/10/13 10:19 PM
Fedoral Crime
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SubbedZER0 - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

I got issues with mine too, some are more strong minded I guess.

thanks for the video break down Subb, Elie gets on my nerves lol

I'm not going to lie, at a couple points I got pretty frustrated as well. This guy gets alot of the locker room talk that I want to hear, but he goes about it with a small taste of drama that just speed bumps a good video all the time. The guy is around world class trainers and Robert Garcia has allowed you hours upon hours of time and footage......and Rios is very cooperative as well. Between the attempt to get in the shit-talking and filming Pelos' fiance a bit too much (imo), no dice.

I'll say this again, if you had the same amount of time around Robert Garcia you'd have twice the views off of purely keeping it classy with what your filming and the questions asked.

Thanks for letting us know about the videos Subb, I'm looking forward to seeing Elie's nerdy ass getting dropped.

I'd love to see him vs Ariel in a fight . . .til the death!

How much money do you think Elie makes from these videos & how does he have so much access?

9/10/13 10:57 PM
pharochuck
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Fedoral Crime -
pharochuck - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

De La Hoya wont be at the fight, he's checking himself back into rehab.

hope he is able to overcome his demons. guys in the prime of his life with a family, huge bank account, and celebrity and is still a miserable guy struggling to get a handle on things.

I wish him nothing but the best too. I always loved watching Oscar fight & used to think he really was "The Golden Boy" of boxing. He seemed so level headed back in his fighting days, he's the last boxer I'd suspect of having a drug addiction.

I don't want this to sound terrible cos I know how serious addiction can be but why make that announcement the week of the fight? By all means go to rehab but I would have thought it'd be better for his company & even for Canelo to keep it quiet.

After being so vocal about canelo being the one to beat Floyd. If he suddenly disappeared it would have been an out of control story line. Speculation would have been that he was abandoning or distancing himself, the betting lines would have been skewed because people would have thought he knows something and was bailing out. It would have caused a panic Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 12:34 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
868 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Broner in the dog house

9/11/13 1:27 AM
Randy Watson
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wonder what Oscar's decision will do for Canelo's mind set. Sad.... From what I just read, it's been an ongoing battle for him. Never expected it from the Golden Boy, but it can grip anyone I guess.
9/11/13 1:28 AM
Randy Watson
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh look, I have been voted down... Lol... Must have upset someone.
9/11/13 1:29 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Canelo interview

9/11/13 1:29 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

voted u up Randy

9/11/13 1:30 AM
Randy Watson

Haha! a big thanks BB. And from the band.....Lol.
9/11/13 1:32 AM
Randy Watson

Thanks for posting the vids BB, vote up back at ya.
9/11/13 1:39 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

9/11/13 1:46 AM
Randy Watson

That boy is good ! Lol...
9/11/13 2:00 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

had to lol

9/11/13 2:12 AM
PoundforPound
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's pretty shocking to hear about De La Hoya. You have to wonder why he didn't wait until after the fight was over to go to rehab. Unless it's a health emergency.
9/11/13 2:30 AM
Fedoral Crime

PoundforPound - That's pretty shocking to hear about De La Hoya. You have to wonder why he didn't wait until after the fight was over to go to rehab. Unless it's a health emergency.
That's what I'm thinking, that it must of been very serious like an OD for him to release that statement.

This is the biggest fight of the year maybe the biggest Golden Boy has ever put on so for him to publicly announce something like that the week of the fight means it must have been unavoidable. Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 3:52 AM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedoral Crime - 
PoundforPound - That's pretty shocking to hear about De La Hoya. You have to wonder why he didn't wait until after the fight was over to go to rehab. Unless it's a health emergency.
That's what I'm thinking, that it must of been very serious like an OD for him to release that statement.

This is the biggest fight of the year maybe the biggest Golden Boy has ever put on so for him to publicly announce something like that the week of the fight means it must have been unavoidable. Phone Post 3.0

I liked Pharo's post before too, that was a whole group of things I wasn't thinking about like the speculation of the betting lines being brought up and other craziness if he 'dropped out of the race' so to speak. I'm actually pretty concerned.

If you consider the circumstances, Oscar is obviously in good financial terms. I really don't want to be disrespectful to a legend and speculate..but I would expect if its a substance other than alcohol it wasn't of shit quality, and Oscar on top of that has to ramp up all of his media obligations and look presentable and keep a major problem as well hidden as possible on the final fight stretch. You turn down your sleep and you run up your use, you're literally bound for an 'oh shit' moment. I find him to be one of the most honest guys in boxing like someone posted before, and I'm happy he went in on his terms before we had to hear any real craziness here. I'm serious when I say i'm so much of a boxing fan that if I ever had to read they found him on the floor of a hotel room instead of 'dressed up in drag' in one, I'd be horrified.

I still miss Manny Steward every HBO broadcast.

9/11/13 4:14 AM
SubbedZER0

Fedoral Crime - 
SubbedZER0 - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

I got issues with mine too, some are more strong minded I guess.

thanks for the video break down Subb, Elie gets on my nerves lol

I'm not going to lie, at a couple points I got pretty frustrated as well. This guy gets alot of the locker room talk that I want to hear, but he goes about it with a small taste of drama that just speed bumps a good video all the time. The guy is around world class trainers and Robert Garcia has allowed you hours upon hours of time and footage......and Rios is very cooperative as well. Between the attempt to get in the shit-talking and filming Pelos' fiance a bit too much (imo), no dice.

I'll say this again, if you had the same amount of time around Robert Garcia you'd have twice the views off of purely keeping it classy with what your filming and the questions asked.

Thanks for letting us know about the videos Subb, I'm looking forward to seeing Elie's nerdy ass getting dropped.

I'd love to see him vs Ariel in a fight . . .til the death!

How much money do you think Elie makes from these videos & how does he have so much access?

I'm not really sure what's going on with his coverage to be honest. If he's being paid my guess is he's making a certain amount per a set of viewers on his page or videos. He seems to be a respectful kid, but per usual media he ventures into the 'instigator' category a bit. I just finished an episode with a couple more recovering addicts and paroled criminals in the gym, stop walking up to people and asking them 'so what did you do wrong and what did you learn?'.......are you kidding? Is that anybody's fucking business? Talk with somebody before hand? MAYBE see if its ok?!

That being said I reccomend it because the reality show is RAW. IF Elie pisses somebody off, the camera usual cuts...and then cuts back on with the pissed off person out of the frame and everyone explaining to him why he can't be doing that. If you can handle listening to him, I'm really coming to enjoy the footage on Robert Garcia.

I'm only 20 episodes in out of 100 and he's spending all this time with Joey Goose and Robert Garcia. I've seen guys like Gabe Ruelas, talks of sparring between Robert Garcia and Fernando Vargas, and for christ sake everything Goose says (yes he talks about the CorralesvCastillo fight as well) is a boxing history lesson. Its filmed often enough so you can really get a good idea of what's going on in Oxnard, CA. The place seems to breathe boxing and gives an awesome look to the everyday vibe of Robert's gym. Normal people looking to train, soldiers coming by for workouts, classes, instructors with their own careers, bigger named fighters.

Y'allz need to hop on Barry's case with me and get him hosting it, you'll understand what I mean if you watch. You get frustrated as shit when you're watching some sparring or something and the next thing you know he wants someone's opinion on something thats really not needed for anything other than possibly starting shit.

9/11/13 4:25 AM
Randy Watson

Barry_BondsMVP - 

had to lol

Joe the policeman, from the what's going down episode of thats my mama... Lol..
9/11/13 4:42 AM
Randy Watson

Fedoral Crime - 

It is the biggest Golden Boy promotion, expected to break PPV records, so you do wonder about the timing. The comments I read from Richard Schaefer were essentially that it could not wait a week.

I lost a very close friend to alchohol and drugs. So have seen how bad it can get.
9/11/13 5:48 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
480 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How will you gentleman be viewing the fight Saturday? Personally ill be sitting at home alone watching in HD and I couldn't be happier. This is a fight I definitely want on the DVR Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 7:18 AM
Tilla
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - How will you gentleman be viewing the fight Saturday? Personally ill be sitting at home alone watching in HD and I couldn't be happier. This is a fight I definitely want on the DVR Phone Post 3.0

I'm going to order 'BoxNation' (a channel that you have to order to get the fight) and watch it at home with some Pizza.
9/11/13 7:25 AM
DARTHHOGAN
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - How will you gentleman be viewing the fight Saturday? Personally ill be sitting at home alone watching in HD and I couldn't be happier. This is a fight I definitely want on the DVR Phone Post 3.0

i'll be doing similar brother......can't believe this fight is right around the corner, i can't wait.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.