UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

9/26/13 12:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
890 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

endochokedme - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

he's a douche bag...and lol at Arum trying to justify it

I cant argue with this, but I have to admit that I jumped off the couch when he dropped Martinez. Thought he was gonna pull off a miracle comeback till he gassed from flurrying.

I am a fan of Martinez too, but I think the age and injuries have caught up to him. How long is Martinez out for?

I believe he's looking for a return around March.

9/26/13 12:02 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
890 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JCC-Vera is now 173 pound fight, 10 rounds.

9/26/13 12:02 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

HenryO - Just taking a look at HBO's fall sched, talk about stacked.

Still definitely a step ahead of Showtime

yea, the next few months is stacked.

9/26/13 12:05 AM
Ayatolla of Rock and Rolla
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HenryO - LOL Chavez Jr is an idiot, but I enjoy what he brings to boxing.

A fight with Ward seems inevitable, if JCC can keep his head on somewhat straight.

But Stevenson/Cloud is the big fight this weekend, though im still choked about how Canada's one legit boxer doesnt seem to exist here

What about Pascal
9/26/13 12:06 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Former Klitschko Foe Charged in Cold Case Murder                                                                                                                                                   Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=69964#ixzz2fy67jZWZ
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

by David P. Greisman

Exum Speight has two types of records — a boxing record and a criminal record. As of right now, neither looks good.

Speight won just 9 of his 50 pro fights, losing 39 times and seeing two other bouts ending in a draw. Many of these defeats came against recognizable names at heavyweight and cruiserweight, including John Ruiz, Chris Byrd, Shannon Briggs, Wladimir Klitschko and Vassiliy Jirov, many of whom were very early into their careers. Speight's time in the sport lasted from 1986 to 2001.

But way back toward the beginning of his pro career, he allegedly killed his manager, a man named Douglas Stumler, according to CNN. That case dated all the way back to 1987, and it was closed Sept. 25 with the arrest of Speight, who is now 50 years old.

Per the article: "Los Angeles' cold case detectives developed a break in the case after they screened potential forensic leads under a grant from National Institute of Justice's 'Solving Cold Cases with DNA' program, authorities said."

9/26/13 12:08 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Ayatolla of Rock and Rolla - 
HenryO - LOL Chavez Jr is an idiot, but I enjoy what he brings to boxing.

A fight with Ward seems inevitable, if JCC can keep his head on somewhat straight.

But Stevenson/Cloud is the big fight this weekend, though im still choked about how Canada's one legit boxer doesnt seem to exist here

What about Pascal

Lemeiux had potential, don't know what happened.

9/26/13 12:09 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Marquez Says Bradley Showdown Could Be Final Fight                                                                                                                                             Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=69962#ixzz2fy6t3Lg8
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Salvador Rodriguez

Mexican icon Juan Manuel Marquez (55-6-1, 40KOs) does not rule possibility of retirement - even if he defeats Timothy Bradley (30-0, 12KOs) for the WBO welterweight title. Marquez, who recently turned 40, challeges Bradley on October 12th at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas. If Marquez wins, it would his fifth world title in his fifth weight division. Marquez will determine the future of his career on his ability to perform next month.

"[Retirement] is a possibility. I won't rule anything out right now. First things first, we have to see how I feel physically, which is a very important factor and then see what happens. Bradley can say whatever he wants, but [saying he will retire me] and doing it are two different things. Anything can happen in the ring. We will allow him to keep talking, but I will let my fists do the talking," said Marquez.

9/26/13 12:17 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

FMJ On Howard Stern

9/26/13 12:18 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Canelo/FMJ All Access: Epilogue

9/26/13 1:26 AM
KingOfFighters
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whats andre wards best fight? any recommendations ?
9/26/13 1:39 AM
Wasa-B
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pardon my french for bringing some MMA into here but how did you guys score Jones/Gus?

I had it 3-2 Jones.
9/26/13 2:04 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

what Los said, he did real well with Froch too....

I had it 3-2 for Gus.

9/26/13 6:04 AM
PoundforPound
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Ward's fight with Mikkel Kessler. It was his coming out party.
9/26/13 9:05 AM
Sinful1
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

JCC-Vera is now 173 pound fight, 10 rounds.

This is bullshit, I'm not gonna watch the fight just based on this, or anything top rank related.
9/26/13 2:12 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

that's your boy Bob, sinful lol :)

9/26/13 2:13 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Khan already having problems with Hunter?

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15263.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
9/26/13 2:18 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

haha...yea like Roach, it's the fighter that makes the trainer, not the other way around.

9/26/13 6:58 PM
stillmatic
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Khan already having problems with Hunter?

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15263.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

It seems fine as he's not just working with Khan, but some other Hunter's other fighters as well. That type of mitt work could serve Khan well as he's always been lacking when it comes to slipping punches after throwing them himself.
9/27/13 2:55 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

That Broner PPV card is looking pretty good for December: Broner-Maidana, Mares-Gonzalez II and Thurman-Soto Karass. Not all of it is finalized yet, but if it all comes together.

9/27/13 3:59 PM
stillmatic
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Khan looks to be the front runner for Mayweather and will likely skip a fight with Alexander to take it.

There is absolutely no merit to Amir Khan fighting Mayweather at all, but the fight will be entertaining as long as it lasts. We'll get to see Mayweather fight someone faster than him and Khan is always in exciting fights.
9/27/13 4:08 PM
chadk
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - Pardon my french for bringing some MMA into here but how did you guys score Jones/Gus?

I had it 3-2 Jones.
What is this.... "MMA" you speak of??? Phone Post
9/27/13 5:03 PM
Wasa-B
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry or any others, wondering if you can help me in my further boxing education here:

Stumbled on to some of Pac's older fights on youtube (cant imagine what we would have done for any kind of digging into the past without it, music, sports, etc) and specifically his sets with Morales and Barrera. Ive seen the older Marquez ones before but been sometime. I noticed that Pac was much more raw back then in his early bouts with Morales and you could see the improvements by the time he had his 3rd bout with Morales. Steward commented in the first 2 Manny/Morales fights how off balance Pac would be as he would come in but noticed that he came in with unorthodox angles as well (something he still kept as he improved technically, right?).

I believe Pac improved his balance, made more use of his right hand, increased head movement and position after he attacks (leaping in and out and turning). Any other areas he improved from over the years?

Also, I know Marquez is known as a counter fighter. What about Morales and Barrera? I think they said during one of the Morales/Pac fights that Morales can fight as an aggressor or counter guy? That about right?

Also, Marquez beat Barrera but Morales and Marquez never fought right? Why?
9/27/13 6:07 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

well the first Morales fight, you can see his boxing (basic jab) was giving Manny problems. I would of loved to see Barerra and Morales fight Manny before their epic fights. 

Pac did get better with his balance, because he didn't just buzzsaw his way in, he gets caught a lot doing that...although people were saying he's a two handed fighter now. JMM debunked that in the third fight, watch JMM foot work, he kept turning Manny to Manny's right, taking away his right hand...JMM really set the tone in the third fight by using better foot work.

Barerra and Morales like you said, and JMM can be a counter striker, or just an aggressive boxer as well. 

when Hamed/Morales/Barerra were all hot in the division, JMM lost to Norwood, which didn't help...also talks of him pricing himself out against Morales.

9/27/13 6:09 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

stillmatic - Khan looks to be the front runner for Mayweather and will likely skip a fight with Alexander to take it.

There is absolutely no merit to Amir Khan fighting Mayweather at all, but the fight will be entertaining as long as it lasts. We'll get to see Mayweather fight someone faster than him and Khan is always in exciting fights.

Khan is a boob...he knows Alexander is an iffy fight, so he wants to lose with a bigger paycheck.

9/27/13 6:11 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Martirosyan Fires Back at Team Canelo Comments                                                                                                                                                    Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=70025#ixzz2g8Lw0lN5

By Luis Sandoval

Undefeated Junior Middleweight Vanes Martirosyan is firing back at Team Canelo after Saul Alvarez’s trainer Eddy Reynoso said they would not be interested in a fight with Martirosyan as he was not a big enough draw.

“I’m not a draw but Matthew Hatton is and so is Ryan Rhodes, Alfonso Gomez and Kermit Cintron? The only reason Canelo doesn’t want to fight me or [Erislandy] Lara is because we both will beat Canelo and the WBC did everything to [keep him] away from me for 2 years. Now they’re saying this. Come on man. If they think they could’ve beat me they would’ve fought me a long time ago” Martirosyan would tell BoxingScene.

Martirosyan has long waited for his opportunity to face Canelo but despite being in a mandatory position with the WBC to fight the red headed champion, Martirosyan never got his shot.

He will be fighting for a world title in his next fight against undefeated 2008 Olympian Demetrius Andrade and assures once he wins the belt, he’ll be more than happy to have a showdown with Canelo. Vanes informed he’s even willing to step in with Chavez Jr tomorrow if the weight is too much of an issue with Brian Vera.

“Bob Arum tried to make fight but Canelo’s team always made excuses with the WBC just like they’re doing now by saying I’m not a draw now. I’m fighting for the WBO world title November 9th. There are no excuses on my side after I win this title. You guys will see what fighters I fight next and what a world champion should be doing. If Canelo last 12 rounds with me I’ll give him my purse! And if Vera doesn’t want to fight Chavez because of his weight, I’m ready to fight him this Saturday too even if he weights 190” fired Vanes.

Martirosyan is on a mission to conquer the Junior Middleweight division and he’s willing to take on anybody.

“I’m coming baby, Everyone is going to see why they call me nightmare. I’m ready to fight anyone. Hopefully the title will be enough of a reason for Canelo and others to fight me. I will not duck anyone. I’m ready to give the fans what they deserve. Tune in November 9th on HBO”.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.