UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

9/11/13 7:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tilla
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - How will you gentleman be viewing the fight Saturday? Personally ill be sitting at home alone watching in HD and I couldn't be happier. This is a fight I definitely want on the DVR Phone Post 3.0

I'm going to order 'BoxNation' (a channel that you have to order to get the fight) and watch it at home with some Pizza.
9/11/13 7:25 AM
DARTHHOGAN
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - How will you gentleman be viewing the fight Saturday? Personally ill be sitting at home alone watching in HD and I couldn't be happier. This is a fight I definitely want on the DVR Phone Post 3.0

i'll be doing similar brother......can't believe this fight is right around the corner, i can't wait.

9/11/13 12:23 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
898 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol love that line Randy haha.

3 more days fellas, the weigh ins should be electric....I'm having people over my place. 

9/11/13 12:36 PM
Tilla

Garcia vs Lucas... Who ya got and why?
9/11/13 12:48 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
898 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matthysse, he's going to walk Danny down and put that pressure, make him uncomfortable. Danny tends to fade late, so if he doesn't get to Lucas early, I expect a violent KO mid rounds on. Garcia is also flat footed a lot and throws looping punches, I just don't feel he has that machismo, I could be wrong though.

9/11/13 2:03 PM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Final press conference today a 4 eastern, all access, etc will be HD from home today

I'm goin IMAX on the fight, the shitty part on that is I won't be viewing any fight outside of Garcia v Matthysse and Mayweather v Alvarez :((((

9/11/13 2:23 PM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tilla - 

I'm going to order 'BoxNation' (a channel that you have to order to get the fight) and watch it at home with some Pizza.

I thought that channel worked by subscription?

9/11/13 2:38 PM
tbi0904
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll be having a few people over, nothing too big.

First Take talked about Al Bernstein's response to the boxing is dying line that PTI talked about the other week. I usually ignore pretty much anything those two windbags say but Stephen A. Smith attempted to defend what PTI meant. He acknowledged that the sport is healthy globally but is struggling here in the US. Even though there have been a ton of great cards in the last couple of years no one outside of the boxing community is talking about them. Boxing used to get much more mainstream coverage than it does now a couple decades ago but the 3 or 4 promoters that have run boxing have eroded much of that. Outside of Floyd or Pac the general sporting public is apathetic to boxing. I couldn't find the video online yet so I'm going off the top of my head. Sorry about that.
9/11/13 3:49 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

‏@danrafaelespn 1h

Danny Garcia's is making a career-high $1.5M, Matthysse a career-high $800K. Ishe Smith $250k, Carlos Molina $100K.

Contracts are filed w/ NSAC. Canelo making $5M on fight night, but it's misleading. Guaranteed WAY more from PPV. I'm told $12M.
9/11/13 3:49 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

First take is a shitty show.

9/11/13 8:42 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

thanks to Chadk, introducing me to David Finger, he was the guest today.

9/11/13 8:43 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Part 2

9/11/13 10:17 PM
chadk
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

thanks to Chadk, introducing me to David Finger, he was the guest today.

Alright! I'll have to check it out later. Phone Post
9/11/13 11:25 PM
chadk
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Until I have time to listen, how did he do Barry? Phone Post
9/11/13 11:53 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
441 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Surprised Matthysse isn't getting an even million. Most want to see the fight because they believe Lucas will decapitate Danny IMO. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 12:34 AM
Fedoral Crime
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Matthysse, he's going to walk Danny down and put that pressure, make him uncomfortable. Danny tends to fade late, so if he doesn't get to Lucas early, I expect a violent KO mid rounds on. Garcia is also flat footed a lot and throws looping punches, I just don't feel he has that machismo, I could be wrong though.

That's exactly how I have that fight going too. I hear what you're saying about Danny not having the minerals, especially after his last fight against Zab. He doesn't seem to have that raw, gutter determiniation & I can see him getting overwhelmed by Matty.

Did anyone read Billy Graham's article regarding the fight? I'll try to post it when I get home from work but it was a great breakdown of the both of them, especially Floyd & his career up to this point.

9/12/13 12:54 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

I thought he did well Chad, whenever you talk to him, let me know what he thought. 

9/12/13 12:55 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Gay, he'll get his huge pay day when he fights Floyd.

9/12/13 12:57 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea Fedoral, I mean the first Morales fight was way too close.

I didn't read the Graham article.

9/12/13 1:16 AM
HenryO

GayGuardMooseSaucy - Surprised Matthysse isn't getting an even million. Most want to see the fight because they believe Lucas will decapitate Danny IMO. Phone Post 3.0

Which is probably why Matthyse is more then happy with 800k

An impressive win over a name opponent on a Floyd card will be worth millions to his career
9/12/13 1:18 AM
HenryO

I gotta buddy ordering it. Will probably be about 15 people there.

Probably only I will watch the undercard

3 will probably watch Garcia/Matthyse

Everyone will watch Floyd
9/12/13 1:22 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

will be a great time for those casuals to watch Matthysse

9/12/13 3:06 AM
chadk

He said you were very nice and that he had fun. Phone Post
9/12/13 3:19 AM
KingOfFighters

uuuuuuuuup
9/12/13 3:22 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

chadk -  He said you were very nice and that he had fun. Phone Post

sweet, glad he enjoyed himself, he's very knowledgeable...I enjoyed his time.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.