UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

10/6/13 12:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Escopeta
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

judomf - 

Rodriguez was too weak for Cotto, tainted victory.

He needs a war against a real warrior.

Cotto's been fighting the best of the best his entire career. If anybody deserves an easier fight, it's him. He'll be back fighting for a title real soon anyway.
10/6/13 12:57 AM
judomf
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not disputing that, but he needed to fight someone stronger. He must have had sparring sessions that were more of a stretch than this 'fight'.

Canelo would seem to be the logical step from here IMO.

10/6/13 1:16 AM
Escopeta
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

judomf - 

I'm not disputing that, but he needed to fight someone stronger. He must have had sparring sessions that were more of a stretch than this 'fight'.

Canelo would seem to be the logical step from here IMO.

He is coming off 2 losses though, so an opponent of Delvin's caliber makes sense.
10/6/13 1:42 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
511 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy shit. Fast forwarding through the Klitschko fight, there's a clinch every couple moments. Klitschko wrapping up the neck for a guillotine. I think Barry said 1000 clinches were landed lol, pretty accurate. 

10/6/13 12:04 PM
chadk
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sergio Martinez is the fight I would be asking for if I'm Freddie or Cotto. Big name but has looked vulnerable as hell in last few fights. Phone Post
10/6/13 12:45 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
815 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Martinez would be a nice fight, maybe Angulo if he can come back healthy...Cotto should retire with a Canelo fight.

10/6/13 1:37 PM
chadk
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chadk - Is it just me? Or is JMM not looking nearly as "buffed" as he was leading up to the 4th Pacquiao fight? In those 24/7 episodes Juan's upper body seemed bulkier and he was always shirtless it seemed. Now he looks smaller and is wearing shirts. "Things that make you go hmm..." Will be interesting to see if he looks noticeably different as far as how he's built at weigh ins. Phone Post
Lol, no one else thinks this? Phone Post
10/6/13 3:50 PM
Leck Brosnar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope we get to see Cotto-Canelo, although I think Cinnamonbuns will stop him in the later rounds
10/6/13 3:55 PM
PoundforPound
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cotto vs. Canelo has to happen next, it would be a huge fight and make both guys a lot of money.

They could sell out the Alamodome or MSG.
10/6/13 4:05 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
511 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Canelo/Cotto at Madison Square Garden IMO. Canelo stops him in 7 though Phone Post 3.0
10/6/13 4:06 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
815 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chad, I gotta look more closely at JMM...

10/6/13 6:42 PM
chadk

Barry_BondsMVP -

Chad, I gotta look more closely at JMM...

Just compare the 24/7 footage from Pacquiao to Bradley's. Marquez was like LL Cool J in the Pacquiao episodes. That fool NEVER seemed to have a shirt on. Phone Post
10/6/13 6:54 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

I like Bradley more and more each episode. I want him to do well. Phone Post 3.0
10/6/13 7:03 PM
chadk

GayGuardMooseSaucy - I like Bradley more and more each episode. I want him to do well. Phone Post 3.0
Even my Filipina wife has taken a liking to Bradley. Although, I did have to point out that it wasn't Bradley's fault how his bout with Manny was scored. Phone Post
10/6/13 8:01 PM
DARTHHOGAN
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chadk - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - I like Bradley more and more each episode. I want him to do well. Phone Post 3.0
Even my Filipina wife has taken a liking to Bradley. Although, I did have to point out that it wasn't Bradley's fault how his bout with Manny was scored. Phone Post

Bradley is growing on me as well, the guy doesn't seem to get the respect he's due, i'm actually geting pretty excited for this fight 

10/6/13 8:29 PM
chadk

Honestly, I like Bradley's chances. Remember how tough Marquez's fight with Juan Diaz was? Bradley's similar in style but bigger and stronger. Add in JMM's age and that PERHAPS he won't be quite the same with the tighter drug testing measures and I think Bradley's got a great chance to outwork him down the stretch. Phone Post
10/7/13 12:47 AM
Fedoral Crime
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only thing about Bradley that bothers me is that he thinks he won the Pac fight.

I know he's not going to come out and say he lost the fight but to say that he won by 8-4 is a joke. Phone Post 3.0
10/7/13 2:09 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

I've been a fan of TIm's for a few years now, hard worker and a good dude. I like his chances in this fight too, that's if he fights smart. He can't get into a dog fight with JMM, needs to use angles and speed...don't let him get comfortable and allow him to pick you off.

10/7/13 6:47 PM
Thuglife13
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm guessing you mean the HBO announcers. I happen to think Jim Lampley is simply the best (Teh GOAT) and his absence in the Mayweather/Canelo fight was my only gripe except for the one judge going full retard obviously. My God those Top Rank girls though! Especially the one to our right as Cotto and his opponent (forgot his name) were being announced. Joe Martinez FTW!
10/7/13 9:48 PM
MoomBah
434 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tim Bradley says a lot of bullsh*t involved in Marquez PED testing, is suspicious of him

10/7/13 9:54 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

Cotto's going up to MW? Phone Post 3.0
10/7/13 11:19 PM
tbi0904
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LostInPeteCarrollsBlueEyes - Cotto and Martinez are in negotiations for a fight on the weekend of the Puerto Rican day Parade(June 7th or 14th) at Giants Stadium.

Interesting...
10/8/13 12:56 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

tbi0904 - 
LostInPeteCarrollsBlueEyes - Cotto and Martinez are in negotiations for a fight on the weekend of the Puerto Rican day Parade(June 7th or 14th) at Giants Stadium.

Interesting...

10/8/13 12:57 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Burns vs Crawford in play for Jan

10/8/13 1:02 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=70346#ixzz2h6UVD468 This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Marquez: Canelo, Chavez Have To Learn From Mistakes

By Miguel Rivera

Mexican icon Juan Manuel Marquez is hoping the next generation of Mexican fighters, Saul "Canelo" Alvarez and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., learn from their recent defeats and mistakes in the ring.

Canelo suffered his first career defeat when he lost a twelve round decision to the far more experienced Floyd Mayweather Jr. on September 14. In September 2012, Chavez Jr. lost a twelve round decision to current WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez. Chavez then struggled to make weight for last month's fight against Bryan Vera, and won a controversial ten round decision.

"Hopefully they use that experience, fix the mistakes and use that in their training and prepare [better for the next time]. Boxing is a very difficult, sport. What just happened [with Chavez], these things happen in boxing. A controversial decision in Chavez-Vera should not be blamed on Julio. There were qualified judges there and he was just doing his job as a boxer up in the ring. In the case of Canelo, Mayweather's experience and good condition [was too much]," Marquez told Alejandro Hernandez.

"Julio has to get it in his head that this is a difficult sport, a sport of dedication, and it is his responsibility to use all of his enthusiasm [in training camp."

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.