UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

10/8/13 1:08 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
850 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol at DeGale wanting the Groves/Froch winner

10/8/13 1:15 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
850 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol at Roach

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=70337#ixzz2h6Xwqq9v
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Miguel Rivera

Trainer Freddie Roach says Miguel Cotto (38-4, 31KOs) is ready to face, and beat, Floyd Mayweather Jr. (45-0, 26KOs) in a rematch. Last May, Mayweather fought off a tought effort from Cotto to win a twelve round unanimous decision. Cotto then lost a twelve round decision to Austin Trout last December. But last Saturday night in Orlando, Cotto return with Roach in his corner and blasted out Delvin Rodriguez in three rounds.

"Miguel is ready to go against Mayweather. He's in the best shape of his career. He returned to the style that he needed to go back to. And as Miguel said last week, if I had been in his corner for the first fight against Mayweather - he would have won," Roach told Javier Maymi.

10/8/13 2:47 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LostInPeteCarrollsBlueEyes - Cotto did 1.6 million viewers on HBO
Jesus. Phone Post 3.0
10/8/13 3:13 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

that's great numbers

10/8/13 3:17 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

King Kong vs Rigondeaux

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=70393#ixzz2h9xuHtEn
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Mike Coppinger

Guillermo Rigondeaux (12-0, 8KOs) will finally return on HBO, something that seemed highly unlikely months ago.

The recognized junior featherweight champion will defend his WBA and WBO 122-pound titles against Joseph Agbeko (29-4, 22KOs) on Dec. 7 in Atlantic City, N.J. in the main event of an HBO-televised offering.

"We are excited on hearing the fight will go ahead December 7th and delighted that Joseph has stepped up to the plate to take on the number one 122-pound fighter," Rigondeaux's manager Gary Hyde told BoxingScene.com on Tuesday.

Rigondeaux's last fight was in April, a dominant decision victory over Nonito Donaire on HBO. Following the bout, reports circulated that HBO had no wishes to televise two-time Olympic gold medalist from Cuba, citing his style.

Agbeko comes forward and is likely to bring the fight to Rigondeaux. Abgeko, who recently signed a deal with Espinoza Boxing, engaged in some thrilling fights with Abner Mares, Yonnhy Perez and Vic Darchinyan on Showtime from 2009 to 2011.

10/8/13 3:30 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=70390#ixzz2hA1D7ftV

Chisora vs. Pulev in Play For EBU Title Showdown?

By Per Ake Persson
Bulgarian heavyweight Kubrat Pulev, 18-0, is now the mandatory challenger for EBU champion Dereck Chisora, 18-4. No date has been set for a purse bid. Chisora was the mandatory challenger for Pulev when he held the EBU title but Kubrat relinquished the title just ahead of purse bids to fight a final IBF eliminator against Tony Thompson on August 24. Pulev won but despite that victory it appears to be a long wait to before there will be a showdown against the mighty Wladimir Klitschko - and a fight against Chisora thus makes sense. Kubrat had to wait almost a year from winning the first IBF eliminator (vs Alexander Ustinov) to the second.

10/9/13 1:01 PM
The Mouth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wanna see Crawford and Broner.

10/9/13 4:19 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I think Broner muscles him around imo

10/9/13 5:11 PM
The Mouth

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Couldn't muscle paulie around...

I think Crawford frustrates him and out boxes him to an 8-4 dec win.

10/10/13 1:06 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

10/10/13 1:07 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

The Mouth - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

Couldn't muscle paulie around...

I think Crawford frustrates him and out boxes him to an 8-4 dec win.

Paulie also fought a lot on the move, Broner was mainly walking him down...Crawford is two weight classes down.

10/10/13 12:59 PM
MMA Playwright
791 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Mouth - 

I wanna see Crawford and Broner.

I've seen them both in person (and ringside!) and I want to see this as well. The Crawford I saw was sharper than the Broner I saw. Who knows how they'd actually match up, but that's what it looked like to me. Good matchup, imo.
10/10/13 1:23 PM
pharochuck
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator

broner is already caught up in the superstar life, partying, hordes of women.he's ripe to be picked. he wants to be floyd so bad and he's kinda captured the image but not the essence. floyd would hit the club, but not drink and then go work out afterwards

10/10/13 3:41 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Pharo i'm some what feeling the same thing...I also feel he trains hard when need be, he's young and dumb, either it's going to ruin him, or he'll grow out of it.

10/10/13 4:36 PM
The Mouth

pharochuck - 

broner is already caught up in the superstar life, partying, hordes of women.he's ripe to be picked. he wants to be floyd so bad and he's kinda captured the image but not the essence. floyd would hit the club, but not drink and then go work out afterwards

Floyd brings running shoes... then makes his boys follow him home from the club in his car.

Floyd wins fights because he outworks everyone... everywhere.

10/10/13 5:31 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=70435#ixzz2hMCP7s8i This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article

. Kovalev vs. Sillakh Looms For November 30 on HBO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I like Sillakh too much.

By Luke Furman

According to multiple sources in Russia and the Ukraine, negotiations are ongoing, and a deal is reportedly close, for WBO light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev (22-0-1, 20KOs) to defend his title against Ismayl Sillakh (21-1, 17KOs) on November 30th on HBO.

Sillakh won several high level tournaments as an amateur. He was regarded as one of the most dangerous fighters at his weight until he was shockingly upset by Denis Grachev with an eight round TKO in April 2012. He was dominating Grachev for seven rounds and scored a knockdown in the third, but left himself wide open in the eight and took a big shot that he never recovered from. Sillakh was won four in a row since the upset loss.

Kovalev-Sillakh would be the HBO televised co-feature to Adonis Stevenson defending his WBC light heavyweight title against mandatory challenger Tony Bellew. Both fights will land in a yet to be determined venue in Quebec.

10/10/13 5:33 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=70432#ixzz2hMCz0vMb This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Lewis Rejects $50 Mill For Klitschko, Wants Double

Former undisputed world heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis would be happy to make a sensational return to the ring to face IBF, WBA, IBO and WBO titlist Wladimir Klitschko - but only for 100 million dollars, the biggest purse in boxing history.

Lewis, who turned 48 last month, last fought professionally over a decade ago, but told the Daily Mail he would be ready to step back into the ring with only six months of training on the condition that he is paid USD 100 million, over double the purse that was guaranteed to Floyd Mayweather in his victory over Saul Alvarez last month.

Lewis says he was offered $50 million to end his retirement while he attended Klitschko's uninspiring unanimous decision victory over Alexander Povetkin in Moscow at the weekend, but would need double that to spring into action.

"That is my price tag and it is under discussion," Lewis told the Daily Mail. "I have told them I can be ready in six months and I am in provisional training.

"I said at the time that it will take [50 million dollars] to get me out of my pyjamas but now I have to consider the value of my legacy of having retired as undisputed champion. That will cost them [$100 million dollars]."

Lewis had always maintained he had no interest in making a comeback since retiring after beating Klitschko's older brother Vitali in June 2003 in controversial circumstances, retaining his WBC title when the fight was stopped after the sixth round in Los Angeles.

The Ukrainian had a deep cut above his left eye but led on the judges' scorecards when officials ruled he could not continue. In the referee's opinion the cut had been caused by a punch, which meant that Lewis was automatically declared the winner.

A much-hyped rematch never materialised, but Lewis would be more focused on a fight with Wladimir should he decide to return to the ring.

"I beat Vitali so I would like to fight the other brother but we'll see how it works out," he said.

10/10/13 10:01 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lennox Lewis money Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 10:10 PM
allforroy
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

100M and not a penny less! Phone Post 3.0
10/11/13 1:18 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

hope Subb is alright, haven't seen him around lately.

10/11/13 1:38 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Chavez-Vera Rematch Being Pushed To February 2014

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=70476#ixzz2hOAzacVb

By Ernesto Castellanos, notifight.com

Bryan Vera (23-7) will have to wait until next February to get a chance at avenging last month's decision loss to Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (47-1-1, 32Kos). The fight was going to happen on a date in December, but Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum said he met with HBO and it was determined that Chavez-Vera II would get pushed to next year.

Chavez plans to continue his career at super middleweight. He failed to make the 168 limit for the match with Vera, which led to the contract weight being increased to 173-pounds. The fight ended in a controversial ten round unanimous decision in favor of Chavez. Most observers felt Vera had done enough to win.

"I feel very strong at super middleweight, and that's where I will continue my career. I will give a rematch to Bryan Vera, a brave fighter and then I want to face Andre Ward and Carl Froch, I want to be the best in the world at this weight," Chavez Jr. said.

10/11/13 1:41 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=70467#ixzz2hOBbqig7 This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Glen Tapia-James Kirkland in Talks For 12/7 on HBO

By Keith Idec

Pat Lynch, Glen Tapia’s co-manager, confirmed to BoxingScene.com Thursday that negotiations are ongoing for a possible Dec. 7 bout between Tapia and fellow 154-pound contender James Kirkland.

The Tapia-Kirkland fight, a significant step up in competition for the 23-year-old Tapia, would be broadcast by HBO as part of a tripleheader from the Adrian Phillips Ballroom at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City.

The 29-year-old Kirkland (31-1, 27 KOs), of Austin, Texas, has not fought since scoring a controversial disqualification win against since-crowned IBF junior middleweight champion Carlos Molina in March 2012 in Houston. Molina (22-5-2, 6 KOs) was winning that bout on two scorecards, but was disqualified when one of his corner men stepped into the ring before the end of the 10th round, just after Molina reached his feet following a Kirkland knockdown.

The unbeaten Tapia (20-0, 12 KOs), of Passaic, N.J., recorded his most noteworthy win July 12, when he defeated previously unbeaten Abie Han (19-1, 12 KOs), of El Paso, Texas, by technical knockout after eight rounds in a bout ESPN2 televised from North Las Vegas, Nev. Tapia, ranked No. 10 by the WBO and No. 14 by the IBF at 154 pounds, has since stopped 42-year-old veteran Elco Garcia (27-9, 13 KOs), of Ignacio, Colo., in the fifth round Sept. 28 at Bally’s in Atlantic City.

Lynch was optimistic about finalizing a deal with Tapia’s promoter, Top Rank Inc., while he and Tapia are in Las Vegas for the Juan Manuel Marquez-Timothy Bradley bout Saturday. He cautioned, however, that financial terms had not been agreed upon.

10/11/13 5:47 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

weigh ins at 3

10/11/13 5:48 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Broner-Maidana Blockbuster PPV Card is Finalized

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=70502#ixzz2hS7IXzkb

By Rick Reeno

Golden Boy Promotions have finalized the entire Showtime pay-per-view card for December 14th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. And the card is expected to have fireworks from top to bottom.

In the main event, Adrien Broner (27-0, 22KOs) will make the first defense of his WBA welterweight title against Marcos Maidana (34-3, 31KOs). Broner, a high ratings draw on Showtime and HBO, will get his first opportunity to headline a pay-per-view. In June, Broner moved up by two weight divisions to capture the WBA title with a close split decision over Paulie Malignaggi.

In the co-feature, former welterweight champion Victor Ortiz (29-4-2, 22KOs) will make his long awaited return, as he moves up to 154-pounds to challenge IBF junior middleweight champion Carlos Molina (22-5-2, 6KOs).  Ortiz has been out of the ring since breaking his jaw in a ninth round TKO loss to Josesito Lopez in June 2012. Molina captured the title with a decision win over Ishe Smith on last month's record-breaking Mayweather-Canelo pay-per-view.

A battle of tough welterweights, with Keith Thurman (21-0, 19KOs) defending his WBA interim-title against Jesus Soto Karass (28-8-3, 18KOs), who is riding a big streak with victories over Selcuk Aydin and Andre Berto.

Rounding things out, junior middleweight bangers Alfredo Angulo (22-3, 18KOs) and Jorge Melendez (27-3-2, 26KOs) will collide. Angulo is looking to rebound after suffering a TKO loss to Erislandy Lara in June. Angulo dropped Lara twice and appeared to be on his way to a win, but took a punch in the eye during the tenth round which forced him to turn away from Lara and start walking back to his corner, an action that made the referee wave off the contest. Melendez was back in the ring on the Cotto-Rodriguez undercard in Florida, where he stopped Jamaal Davis in two rounds.

10/11/13 6:04 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

looks like Lara vs Trout is a go for Judah vs Malignaggi card.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.