UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

10/22/13 2:26 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Randy Watson
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

thanks for the info Randy, I heard they lost $400K lol

Jeff Fenench coughed up $500k for Warton's promotion. They owed Shane the remaining $700K by 5pm yesterday. His total purse was $1M. Contract was pretty clear about that. 5pm came and went.. and so did Shane and rightfully so.
10/22/13 2:35 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
884 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yea that's pretty fucked up, traveling way over there for nothing...Mundine needs to leave Australia.

10/22/13 5:31 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
884 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

more bad news guys, the IBF denied sanctioning Ortiz vs Molina lol

10/22/13 5:45 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=70883#ixzz2iUQCCQBv This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Calzaghe To Kick Off a New Hit Series on BoxNation

LONDON – Undefeated boxing great Joe Calzaghe will kick off ‘Fighting Back’, a hit new series debuting on BoxNation this Friday, ahead of Bernard Hopkins’ world title showdown with German contender Karo Murat.

The first instalment of the series features the Welsh pugilist as he looks back over his historical victory over the eternal Hopkins, who became the oldest world champion ever at 48 when he beat Tavoris Cloud for the IBF title last March.

The show will go in-depth, providing a never before seen insight into one of British boxing’s most memorable nights, as Calzaghe gives a unique round-by-round breakdown of how he systematically beat the self-styled ‘Executioner’.

Heading into the fight in April 2008 many believed Hopkins’ experience and overall ring craft would finally crack the Calzaghe puzzle and add the first loss to his illustrious record.

However, despite this, it was the Welshman whose hand was raised at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, winning a closely contested matchup via a split decision.

It is only now, after seeing the phenomenal achievements by Hopkins, who bounced back by winning three separate versions of the light-heavyweight world title, that this remarkable performance can truly be put into context.

Hopkins will once again look to defy mother time as he takes on the sturdy Murat, live and exclusive on BoxNation this weekend, with his IBF light-heavyweight title up for grabs.

10/22/13 5:54 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=70892#ixzz2iUSlKjxv This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Pacquiao is Battering His Sparring Partners in Camp

By Ronnie Nathanielsz

General Santos City - Manny Pacquiao looked awesome during a grueling three-hour workout at the Wild Card Gym of GSC and seemed  every inch like the "Fighter of the Decade."

After running on the track for ten laps at the Acharon Sports Complex this morning Pacquiao sparred eight rounds with undefeated Ghana welterweight Fredrick Lawson and Britsh light middleweight Liam Vaughan who both were at the receiving end of devastating combinations that brought a pained expression to their faces.

Pacquiao caught the lanky Lawson with a looping left and sent him reeling backwards against the ropes even as his knees buckled before nailing Vaughan with a vicious left that ripped into the Brit's solar plexus and took the wind out of him.

To the credit of the 23 year old British prospect he stood his ground and challenged Pacquiao to engage him some more despite the fact that he described the punch as a "killer blow."

Vaughan told ABS/CBN 's Dyan Castillejo and this reporter that "I fight to the end and I told Manny to bring it on again because as a sparring partner I am supposed to help him."

He said Pacquiao was "the best he's ever been. He's on fire. I have never been hit like that in my life." even as he predicted that Pacquiao "will knock out Rios with his body shots."

Pacquiao went through a demanding routine which included plyometric exercises that awed the media people gathered to watch him train although no video or photos were allowed of the sparring and the plyometric regimen.

Pacquiao told us that his heavy training today was "our capital for the fight" against Brandon "Bam Bam" Rios in the "Clash in Cotai" for the WBO  International welterweight title in Macau on November 24.

Determined to regain his status as an elite fighter following his 6th round knockout loss to Juan Manuel Marquez last December 8, Pacquiao vowed , "we will do everything we need to do, we need to sacrifice, to win this fight.

Trainer Freddie Roach said that with just over a month to go before the Rios fight, "it was th best day  yet. He started to get the  game-plan going, he showed his speed and connected with different combinations and didn't get tired. His timing was also really good. Overall it was very good.

10/22/13 7:30 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

OnlyPirateFan - 
Barry_BondsMVP -

more bad news guys, the IBF denied sanctioning Ortiz vs Molina lol

So no fight now ? Phone Post

still uncertain right now, Mosley's name as an opponent for Ortiz is possible.

10/22/13 11:05 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why wouldn't they do Ortiz Molina? Phone Post 3.0
10/23/13 12:01 AM
PoundforPound
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - Why wouldn't they do Ortiz Molina? Phone Post 3.0

The IBF doesn't think Ortiz is deserving of a title shot.
10/23/13 12:58 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea, what P4P said, because Ortiz wasn't ranked.

10/23/13 2:39 PM
chadk
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ariza claimed Manny wasn't being VADA tested until he arrived in China. The head of VADA has come out and said that's bullshit and that Manny and Brandon have both been tested already. Let the mind games begin. Phone Post
10/23/13 2:47 PM
The Mouth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think we will see Canelo/Cotto before anything else.

Cotto is getting old... 

10/23/13 9:07 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

chadk -  Ariza claimed Manny wasn't being VADA tested until he arrived in China. The head of VADA has come out and said that's bullshit and that Manny and Brandon have both been tested already. Let the mind games begin. Phone Post

lol of course

10/24/13 12:56 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=70922#ixzz2ic17iZOd This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Quillin: Unlike Martinez, I Was Willing To Face Golovkin

Peter Quillin has hit back at Gabriel Rosado vowing to knock him out before conquering middleweight marvel Sergio Martinez.

The undefeated WBO middleweight world champion faces the hardened Philadelphian Rosado on the undercard of the Bernard Hopkins-Karo Murat clash this weekend at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City.

Fireworks are expected when the pair enter the ring, with Rosado earlier promising to make an early night of it, something which has not sat too well with the current champion.

"He says the fight is going to a knockout and he's not going to the scorecard. I really, honestly, see that, but I don't believe it's going to be me that's going to be the one that's taking defeat, knocked out," insisted Quillin.

"I just know that I've been training very, very hard for this fight. I know what I'm able to do. I'm not comparing my performance to anybody. I'm not trying to match my performance.

"I'm going to do "Kid Chocolate" - that's all I know how to do. And with my last three fights people count for that too but they don't count the last three where it's been 11 knock downs.

"Everyone I touch they have a different approach, and once I touch them it's not the same, and I'm praying for Gabe that's he's able to go up there and put his best foot forward because that's all he can do, and when that's not enough he's just going to have to shake hands and going to have to accept defeat because that's what I'm going to deliver."

Raised in Grand Rapids, Michigan, the city of the legendary Floyd Mayweather, Quillin captured the WBO middleweight world title after a scintillating 12-round performance against Hassan N'Dam, which saw the French-Cameroonian hit the deck six times.

Long thought of as one of boxing's glamour divisions, Quillin is out to restore the sparkle of past middleweight eras by insisting he wants to face the best out there should he get past Rosado, starting with the man he regards as the best in the division - Martinez.

"I would place myself second behind Sergio Martinez," said Quillin.

"I've been calling Sergio Martinez out from day one when everybody didn't think I was a serious fighter.

"I would place myself number two only because I was willing to fight all the guys that Gennady Golovkin is fighting. I was willing to fight Gennady Golovkin, but a lot of things and a lot of business hold back a lot of these things.

"I just know that I'm going to fight hard whatever place I am to be number one, be the number one middleweight in the United States and be number one middleweight in the world.

"It's one of my dreams, to be a unified champion, and I reconstructed my goals after I won the title to say that that's the next mission that there'd be a unified champion."

10/24/13 12:58 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=70921#ixzz2ic1m69mG This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Groves: I've Got Everything I Need To Beat Froch!

George Groves insists his split with trainer Adam Booth hasn't derailed his training schedule ahead of next month's world title fight against Carl Froch.

Groves challenges veteran Froch for his IBF and WBA super middleweight belts in front of the Sky Sports cameras in Manchester on November 23.

The undefeated Londoner had worked with Booth since turning professional five years and 19 fights ago, but says he's been able to stay focused on the task before him.

"Adam informed me that we were no longer working together which I accepted," Groves told Sky Sports.

"Obviously, fighting real soon, I needed to go out and make other arrangements which I did. I'm working with Paddy Fitzpatrick, who I've worked with before, a very good coach, been about, knows the score.

"But ultimately when this fight was made I knew how to beat Carl Froch, I knew what I've got to do. Paddy is there to just nudge me in the right direction and to make sure I'm doing the things that I'm telling him what I want to do.

"I've seen plenty of Carl Froch, I know I've got everything I need to beat him, it's just about showing up on the night and doing it.

"Sometimes that's easier said than done, so having a good team to prepare you correctly is spot on but as I say, ultimately, it's down to me, I know what I've got to do and I can't wait to get out there and do it."

Groves, who had been with Booth since making his debut at the O2 as a 20-year-old in 2008, revealed they are no longer on speaking terms but insisted he was not bothered by the split.

"No, not at all, relationships aren't always the way they seem on the outside.

"It was probably a long time coming, he made his feelings aware and that's boxing, you've got to get on with it and actually I'm in a much better position so I can't say I'm grieving, total opposite."

Carl Froch v George Groves is live on Sky Box Office HD on November 23

10/24/13 1:03 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=70908#ixzz2ic38P9tI This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Chisora vs. Wach Clash is Not Likely To Happen

By Luke Furman

As it stands right now, Polish giant Mariusz Wach (27-1, 15 KOs) is not going to be the opponent for European heavyweight champion Derecki Chisora ??(18-4, 12 KOs) on November 30 in London. Based on the rules of the EBU, Wach would not get approved as a sanctioned opponent because the boxer has been inactive for nearly year and suffered a bruising defeat in his last outing, a twelve round decision loss to Wladimir Klitschko in November 2012. Aftwards Wach tested positive for anabolic steroids.

A more likely scenario, as previously reported, would see Wach take part in the Prizefighter tournament on November 14th - which already features James Toney (75-8-3, 45 KOs), Sherman Williams (35-13-2, 19 KOs) and Sam Sexton (18-3, 7 KOs).

Wach has not made any decision on what he plans to do for his next fight.

10/24/13 1:08 AM
NiteProwleR
1178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Please dear god, put Prov against more boxer/punchers! Winner of Rios/Pacman would be epic. In fact, I hope Rios wins that fight.

Do not want a Bradley rematch even though I think he can win it would be ugly. Prov is easily my fav fighter right now.
10/24/13 1:16 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Rios/Provodnikov would be amazing, I know Pac and Provod had some great sparring sessions too.

10/24/13 1:20 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=70896#ixzz2ic7ItOk0 This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Mayweather Sr. Comments on New Boxing Reality Series

By Ryan Burton

Earlier today BoxingScene.com spoke to world class trainer Floyd Mayweather Sr. about his participation in a new boxing reality show that is scheduled to begin taping in January. Yesterday we announced the ground breaking new series here: http://www.boxingscene.com/new-boxing-reality-show-play-set-air-2014--70864

The father of the pound-for-pound king of boxing said that he was intrigued with the show's concept in which nine fighters in the 140, 147 and 154 pound weight class will face off in a round robin format.  The winner's of the round robin will then challenge a top twenty level opponent in each of the three weight classes on the Las Vegas Strip.

"I feel like this is something that should have already happened," Mayweather Sr. stated.

Big Floyd said that he is confident that he will be able to take a boxer who hasn't had the benefit of working with an elite trainer and transform them into a fighter capable of defeating a highly rated contender.

"Watch me.  I can show you better than I can tell you.  That is what a good trainer should be able to do.  I am going to show you that whoever it is I mess with, where they started, to where they are when the whole thing is over with.  Me, I speak for Floyd.  You are going to see everything I do.  I will shock their minds one at a time and show that I am the greatest trainer of all time," Mayweather Sr. confidently explained.

A casting call for 300 young fighters that campaign between 140-154 pounds will take place in November for this reality show that will have a Contender meets American Idol feel to it.  The top nine participants will be selected by some of the biggest names in boxing.

The buzz has already started building in Las Vegas and this almost assuredly will go down as the biggest reality based show in boxing history.  Stay tuned to BoxingScene.com.  Next week we will run an article explaining the show's entire format and name some of the celebrities and athletes that will be a part of the show.

10/25/13 2:27 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

JMM wants a Bradley rematch 

Vitali plans to run for president in 2015

10/25/13 3:39 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@2:00 Stephen confuses Andre&Micky Ward.........no seriously

I'm certainly not the fountain of boxing knowledge but I fucking cringe when I hear professionals botch shit like this. First take seems to only know Pacquiao, Floyd, JMM, and Bradley. Can't even make it through the end of the video. Stephen is blowing Floyd, he might as well become one of his gfs

10/25/13 10:32 AM
buddie
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/25/13 10:32 AM
Is he going to be Arnold's running mate?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/19/arnold-schwarzenegger-2016_n_4128022.html
10/25/13 10:46 AM
tbi0904
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First Take is a crappy show period. I can only take about 10 minutes of Stephen A. And Skip trying to out shout and out shtick each other before I flip the channel.

I agree with the mouth, Cotto/Canelo will happen soon. Mexico vs Puerto Rico always does good business.
10/25/13 4:01 PM
PoundforPound
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First Take was better when Bayless and Stephen A were just a small part of the show instead of all of the show.
10/25/13 8:03 PM
zackthewop
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

JMM wants a Bradley rematch 

Vitali plans to run for president in 2015

I have no desire to see this again.

I was hoping Alvarado would beat providnokov so he could fight him.
Maybe Danny Garcia? Phone Post
10/25/13 8:38 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I'd watch the Niners play USC and still be excited lol...

there's some decent fights this weekend I guess, a lot of named guys..Quillin vs Rosado should be decent, Wilder's opponent looks like a flop.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.