UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

9/22/13 11:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HenryO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck Showtime, let him KO Khan or something on CBS!
9/22/13 11:28 AM
tbi0904
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Mouth - 

Haye fight is off.

Who even cares.  Seriously.

It would've been fun watching Fury get ko'd. I was looking forward to it.
9/24/13 2:27 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
908 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haye-Fury has announced as being rescheduled for Feb. 8, still in Manchester.
9/24/13 3:20 PM
The Mouth

tbi0904 - 
The Mouth - 

Haye fight is off.

Who even cares.  Seriously.

It would've been fun watching Fury get ko'd. I was looking forward to it.

Go to a toughman show or something.  Get to see a bunch of them.

Same quality of fighters too.

9/24/13 6:18 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
908 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vera's Trainer is Furious Over Chavez/Weight Situation                                                                                                                                            Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=69932#ixzz2fqqAalid
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rick Reeno

Ronnie Shields, the trainer for Brian Vera, is not happy with the latest turn of events for this Saturday's fight against Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. at the StubHub Center in Carson, California.

A nerve was struck after Shields read a story on BoxingScene.com, where Chavez's promoter, Top Rank CEO Bob Arum, said the weight for Chavez-Vera has not been determined.

Apparently Arum wants to have both fighters weigh-in on Wednesday - and based on those numbers a decision will be made as to Saturday's fighting weight.

Serious rumblings began on Monday, related to Chavez having difficulties making the super middleweight limit. The fighting weight for Chavez-Vera has already been increased several times, according to an interview with Vera two weeks ago.

"We’re going to take a look at what the fighters weigh tomorrow and decide what the weight limit will be on the fight,” Arum said. “Right now there’s no determination on that.”

Shields will not allow his fighter to take part in a Wednesday weigh-in, making it very clear that his boxer signed a contract to fight at 168-pounds and doesn't see any reason to step a scale until Friday.

Vera is already at the contract limit, says Shields.

"Arum said he's going to put them on a scale tomorrow to determine what the weight is. I'm not letting my guy get on a scale - f*** that. My guy is not getting on a damn scale. My guy signed a contract for 168-pounds, to weigh in on Friday at whatever time they choose to weigh in on Friday - and that's what we're going to do," Shields told BoxingScene.com.

"We are not going to weigh in on Wednesday. We have a contract for 168-pounds and that's what we are fighting at - 168. Otherwise, they better bring a big ass check to  the weigh-in."

"We have a lot of respect for Bob Arum. He's been a promoter in this business for years and years. He should know already - how is he going to pre-determine what the weight is going to be? We signed for 168-pounds and that's what Brian Vera is going to weigh in at - and he's not going to weigh in until Friday."

9/24/13 8:24 PM
endochokedme
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn thats ridiculous

Sounds like Vera is about to get some extra compensation
9/24/13 8:27 PM
MMA Playwright
489 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shields and Vera have them by the balls.
9/24/13 8:30 PM
pharochuck
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Barry_BondsMVP - 

Vera's Trainer is Furious Over Chavez/Weight Situation                                                                                                                                            Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=69932#ixzz2fqqAalid
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rick Reeno

Ronnie Shields, the trainer for Brian Vera, is not happy with the latest turn of events for this Saturday's fight against Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. at the StubHub Center in Carson, California.

A nerve was struck after Shields read a story on BoxingScene.com, where Chavez's promoter, Top Rank CEO Bob Arum, said the weight for Chavez-Vera has not been determined.

Apparently Arum wants to have both fighters weigh-in on Wednesday - and based on those numbers a decision will be made as to Saturday's fighting weight.

Serious rumblings began on Monday, related to Chavez having difficulties making the super middleweight limit. The fighting weight for Chavez-Vera has already been increased several times, according to an interview with Vera two weeks ago.

"We’re going to take a look at what the fighters weigh tomorrow and decide what the weight limit will be on the fight,” Arum said. “Right now there’s no determination on that.”

Shields will not allow his fighter to take part in a Wednesday weigh-in, making it very clear that his boxer signed a contract to fight at 168-pounds and doesn't see any reason to step a scale until Friday.

Vera is already at the contract limit, says Shields.

"Arum said he's going to put them on a scale tomorrow to determine what the weight is. I'm not letting my guy get on a scale - f*** that. My guy is not getting on a damn scale. My guy signed a contract for 168-pounds, to weigh in on Friday at whatever time they choose to weigh in on Friday - and that's what we're going to do," Shields told BoxingScene.com.

"We are not going to weigh in on Wednesday. We have a contract for 168-pounds and that's what we are fighting at - 168. Otherwise, they better bring a big ass check to  the weigh-in."

"We have a lot of respect for Bob Arum. He's been a promoter in this business for years and years. He should know already - how is he going to pre-determine what the weight is going to be? We signed for 168-pounds and that's what Brian Vera is going to weigh in at - and he's not going to weigh in until Friday."

beyond lame. this kid chavez witht hat chin and body punching could be something really special. if he would have trained harder he could have really challeneged martinez.

9/24/13 10:05 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

he's a douche bag...and lol at Arum trying to justify it

9/24/13 10:31 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea, JCC is a spoiled brat, just living off his father's name.  I think JCC will try to cash out here soon...a rematch with Martinez, then possibly fight Ward next year.

9/25/13 4:27 AM
PoundforPound
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KJ! - Not by judges but technically IMHO Martinez lost the fight. Phone Post 3.0

How do you figure?
9/25/13 8:11 PM
endochokedme
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

I cant argue with this, but I have to admit that I jumped off the couch when he dropped Martinez. Thought he was gonna pull off a miracle comeback till he gassed from flurrying.

I am a fan of Martinez too, but I think the age and injuries have caught up to him. How long is Martinez out for?
9/25/13 9:51 PM
quality

Stone17Wolf - I don't think all Floyd's fights with Showtime have to be on PPV or that level. When Oscar was PPV king he at least fought live on HBO a lot giving non PPV fans a chance to see him fight live on tv. I think Showtime has to present FLoyd with a cakewalk fight on regular Showtime and not on PPV. People can't follow a guy if all his fights are on PPV every fight. Heck even Mike Tyson fought live on HBO more than he did PPV.

A matchup against someone like Kirkland would be great. If Kirkland can stay out of legal troubles that is. At least it would be a live fight and Kirkland would go balls to the wall for as long as it lasted. I am just waiting for someone to "press" Floyd and not fight his fight. 2 rounds into the Canelo fight I could see that Canelo was not going to press and impose his will onto Floyd and got in a routine of trying to box with Floyd (which is never a good idea!).

Eric Kirkland versus Floyd...Showtime make it happen! Or Fitty make it happen.

Disagree. As a fan of course you want free fights, but it's not going to happen unless he loses a few times and is no longer a draw (like RJJ). He makes too much money and is too big of a draw to do a "free" show.
9/25/13 11:13 PM
HenryO

LOL Chavez Jr is an idiot, but I enjoy what he brings to boxing.

A fight with Ward seems inevitable, if JCC can keep his head on somewhat straight.

But Stevenson/Cloud is the big fight this weekend, though im still choked about how Canada's one legit boxer doesnt seem to exist here
9/25/13 11:19 PM
HenryO

Just taking a look at HBO's fall sched, talk about stacked.

Still definitely a step ahead of Showtime
9/25/13 11:59 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

FedorFalconPunch - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

yea, JCC is a spoiled brat, just living off his father's name.  I think JCC will try to cash out here soon...a rematch with Martinez, then possibly fight Ward next year.

Yea, the kid is a complete tool. I wouldnt mind seeing Andre Ward teach him a lesson on respect

he's on the Kelly Pavlik path...Ward would whoop his ass.

9/26/13 12:01 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

endochokedme - 
Barry_BondsMVP - 

I cant argue with this, but I have to admit that I jumped off the couch when he dropped Martinez. Thought he was gonna pull off a miracle comeback till he gassed from flurrying.

I am a fan of Martinez too, but I think the age and injuries have caught up to him. How long is Martinez out for?

I believe he's looking for a return around March.

9/26/13 12:02 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

JCC-Vera is now 173 pound fight, 10 rounds.

9/26/13 12:02 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

HenryO - Just taking a look at HBO's fall sched, talk about stacked.

Still definitely a step ahead of Showtime

yea, the next few months is stacked.

9/26/13 12:05 AM
Ayatolla of Rock and Rolla
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HenryO - LOL Chavez Jr is an idiot, but I enjoy what he brings to boxing.

A fight with Ward seems inevitable, if JCC can keep his head on somewhat straight.

But Stevenson/Cloud is the big fight this weekend, though im still choked about how Canada's one legit boxer doesnt seem to exist here

What about Pascal
9/26/13 12:06 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Former Klitschko Foe Charged in Cold Case Murder                                                                                                                                                   Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=69964#ixzz2fy67jZWZ

by David P. Greisman

Exum Speight has two types of records — a boxing record and a criminal record. As of right now, neither looks good.

Speight won just 9 of his 50 pro fights, losing 39 times and seeing two other bouts ending in a draw. Many of these defeats came against recognizable names at heavyweight and cruiserweight, including John Ruiz, Chris Byrd, Shannon Briggs, Wladimir Klitschko and Vassiliy Jirov, many of whom were very early into their careers. Speight's time in the sport lasted from 1986 to 2001.

But way back toward the beginning of his pro career, he allegedly killed his manager, a man named Douglas Stumler, according to CNN. That case dated all the way back to 1987, and it was closed Sept. 25 with the arrest of Speight, who is now 50 years old.

Per the article: "Los Angeles' cold case detectives developed a break in the case after they screened potential forensic leads under a grant from National Institute of Justice's 'Solving Cold Cases with DNA' program, authorities said."

9/26/13 12:08 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Ayatolla of Rock and Rolla - 
HenryO - LOL Chavez Jr is an idiot, but I enjoy what he brings to boxing.

What about Pascal

Lemeiux had potential, don't know what happened.

9/26/13 12:09 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Marquez Says Bradley Showdown Could Be Final Fight                                                                                                                                             Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=69962#ixzz2fy6t3Lg8

By Salvador Rodriguez

Mexican icon Juan Manuel Marquez (55-6-1, 40KOs) does not rule possibility of retirement - even if he defeats Timothy Bradley (30-0, 12KOs) for the WBO welterweight title. Marquez, who recently turned 40, challeges Bradley on October 12th at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas. If Marquez wins, it would his fifth world title in his fifth weight division. Marquez will determine the future of his career on his ability to perform next month.

"[Retirement] is a possibility. I won't rule anything out right now. First things first, we have to see how I feel physically, which is a very important factor and then see what happens. Bradley can say whatever he wants, but [saying he will retire me] and doing it are two different things. Anything can happen in the ring. We will allow him to keep talking, but I will let my fists do the talking," said Marquez.

9/26/13 12:17 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

FMJ On Howard Stern

9/26/13 12:18 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Canelo/FMJ All Access: Epilogue

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.