UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

10/27/13 12:13 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
853 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dec 7th and 14th are both good cards

10/27/13 12:26 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
853 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol

10/27/13 2:38 AM
tbi0904
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good fights tonight, couple points: I'll get excited about Deonte Wilder when he fights someone with more than a just a pulse. Time for him to step up, big time. Nice win by Hopkins but has Mauro not seen Bhop fight before? He's been a habitual line stepper for 25 years now. He must've not seen Bhop/Echols II, that was a rough and tumble fight. Kid Chocolate needs to be kept FAR away from GGG.
10/27/13 3:00 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

nice post bruh...Wilder vs Arreola would be good.

10/29/13 4:05 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

apparently someone released a Broner sex tape lol

10/29/13 4:25 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
563 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

apparently someone released a Broner sex tape lol

Just saw it on WSHH. Phone Post 3.0
10/29/13 5:01 PM
tbi0904
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

nice post bruh...Wilder vs Arreola would be good.

That would a great fight to see where Wilder is at.

As far as the sex tape goes I'll take a pass on that one lol.
10/29/13 7:43 PM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even with auto tune Ab still sound "out of tune"
10/29/13 8:44 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Hopkins-Murat Bout Draws 1 Million Viewers On SHO

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=71119#ixzz2jA4zBk53 This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Jake Donovan

Emotions remain mixed on whether fans love or loathe Bernard Hopkins, but one thing is for sure; both sides are tuning in whenever he fights.

Hopkins’ light heavyweight title defense against mandatory challenger Karo Murat, which aired live on Showtime, was witnessed by one million viewers at its peak viewing points, according to Nielsen Media Research.

The number is good for the second best for the network during a 2013 campaign that continues to draw industry-wide high praise. With the win, the 48–year young pugilist became the oldest fighter ever to successfully defend a major title, breaking his own record set just over two years ago.

The future Hall of Famer has been inconsistent at the live gate, but continues to serve as a ratings hit when not forced to carry a pay-per-view event. His title-winning effort over Tavoris Cloud this past March drew 1.2 million viewers on what may be his last ever fight on HBO, who boasts a subscriber base of roughly 25% more than Showtime, which means Hopkins’ last fight on each network registered the same share.

Showtime has now generated four separate events drawing one million viewers or more during a 2013 campaign that continues to enjoy a huge ratings spike. The network has experienced a 62% increase in its live boxing viewership since restructuring its sports programming division in late 2011, which included the appointment of Stephen Espinoza as general Manager and executive vice president, replacing Ken Hershman who left to assume the same role with HBO.

The average viewership over the course of the three-plus hour tripleheader was the network’s second highest of the year. The show also increased Showtime Championship Boxing’s average ratings by 23% since last year.

The evening was full circle for Hopkins (54-6-2, 32KO) in a number of ways. His showdown with Murat came two weeks after the 25th anniversary of his pro debut, which also took place in Atlantic City. Hopkins dropped a four-round decision to fellow debutant Clinton Mitchell, then went on a five-year win streak before running into Roy Jones in their vacant title fight in May ’93.

Showtime was along for the ride when Hopkins won his first title, knocking out Segundo Mercado in the April ’95 rematch to begin a middleweight title reign that would span ten years. Their 12-round draw, which came four months prior, also aired on Showtime, as did three of his middleweight title defenses – a knockout win over John David Jackson, and a no-contest and stoppage win in back-to-back fights with Robert Allen in 1998 and 1999.

Hopkins’ draw with Pascal marked his first fight on Showtime in nearly 12 years. Their rematch took place five months later on HBO, as Hopkins, 46 years old at the time, won the bout to become the oldest fighter ever to win a lineal championship and the oldest to win a title of any kind, until breaking his own record on the latter earlier this year.

A pair of fights with Chad Dawson also came on HBO’s dime, fighting to a no-contest before losing the light heavyweight crown in their unwatchable rematch four months later.

Last weekend’s mandatory title defense versus Murat featured its fair share of ugly moments and fouls, but also drew praise for the level of action exuded throughout the second half of the fight.

With one million viewers tuning in for Hopkins’ 33rd career championship fight (30 with an actual alphabet belt on the line, plus three more beltless lineal World title fights), the evening mande for the 5th highest peak audience Showtime has enjoyed since tracking such statistics. All five events have come in past 13 months, beginning with Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez’ knockout win over Josesito atop of a Showtime quadrupleheader last September.

Alvarez owns the network’s highest ever boxing rating, which came with his points win over Austin Trout this past April. Trout was also involved in another fight which drew more than one million viewers, his win on the road in New York City versus Miguel Cotto last December.

The fifth fight included in that list was Adrien Broner’s points win over Paul Malignaggi this past June, in what served as his Showtime Championship Boxing debut.

Hopkins and Golden Boy Promotions have yet to determine the path he will next travel, though Showtime figures to be along for the ride. The outspoken fighter pledged his allegiance to his promoter and their network of choice during Saturday’s post-fight press conference.

Whomever it’s against, the safest bet is that fans will be tuning in to brass-pleasing numbers.
10/29/13 8:49 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Hanky Lundy is calling for a rematch with John Molina.

10/29/13 8:50 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Canelo Gives Marching Orders For Cotto, Martinez

By Miguel Rivera

Former WBC junior middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (42-1-1, 30KOs) has given the marching orders to Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer. Canelo, along with his handlers Edison and Chepo Reynoso, have asked Schaefer to secure either Miguel Cotto or Sergio Martinez for three scheduled Showtime Pay-Per-View appearances in 2014.

As reported earlier on BoxingScene.com, Canelo and his handlers met with Schaefer at the Golden Boy offices in Los Angeles and finalized three pay-per-view appearances for 2014 - March 8th, July 26th and November 22nd.

Canelo wants to face both Cotto and Martinez next year.

BoxingScene's David Greisman reported a few days ago that Schaefer has a meeting scheduled in the near future with Cotto. Top Rank, who Cotto recently worked with for his October 5th return, would like to make a fight between him and Martinez on a date in June of next year. A fight with Canelo is a more lucrative option for the Puerto Rican star, but Golden Boy will only deal with Cotto and have no interest to involve Top Rank with the event.

10/29/13 8:55 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Quillin vs Jacobs targeted for early next year

10/29/13 9:38 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
563 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

Quillin vs Jacobs targeted for early next year

Shitty for Rosado Phone Post 3.0
10/30/13 1:33 PM
The Mouth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Canelo Gives Marching Orders For Cotto, Martinez

By Miguel Rivera

Former WBC junior middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (42-1-1, 30KOs) has given the marching orders to Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer. Canelo, along with his handlers Edison and Chepo Reynoso, have asked Schaefer to secure either Miguel Cotto or Sergio Martinez for three scheduled Showtime Pay-Per-View appearances in 2014.

As reported earlier on BoxingScene.com, Canelo and his handlers met with Schaefer at the Golden Boy offices in Los Angeles and finalized three pay-per-view appearances for 2014 - March 8th, July 26th and November 22nd.

Canelo wants to face both Cotto and Martinez next year.

BoxingScene's David Greisman reported a few days ago that Schaefer has a meeting scheduled in the near future with Cotto. Top Rank, who Cotto recently worked with for his October 5th return, would like to make a fight between him and Martinez on a date in June of next year. A fight with Canelo is a more lucrative option for the Puerto Rican star, but Golden Boy will only deal with Cotto and have no interest to involve Top Rank with the event.

Tried to tell you people Cotto would be next for him.

Everyone said I was crazy.

I tell you!!!! I am not crazy.

10/30/13 3:20 PM
PoundforPound
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those are good numbers for Hopkins and Showtime. Boxing is doing pretty well for itself these days.

10/30/13 5:33 PM
chadk
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoundforPound - Those are good numbers for Hopkins and Showtime. Boxing is doing pretty well for itself these days.

Could swear I read that the last UFN show just barely broke 100k viewers. Remarkable that Hopkins, who's almost never entertaining to watch, would pull such numbers in comparison. Phone Post
10/31/13 12:26 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea that's good numbers for Hopkins, especially on Showtime

10/31/13 12:40 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Kirkland is reportedly heading back to Wolfe, his current trainer has to go back and train Lara for his bout with Trout.

10/31/13 12:46 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Team Rubio Prepare To Legally Block Cotto-Martinez

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=71151#ixzz2jGuUFFeb
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Miguel Rivera

Promoter Osvaldo Kuchle has promised to do everything in his power to ensure that Marco Antonio Rubio will receive his mandatory shot at WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez. Back in March, Kuchle was victorious before the Court for Arbitration in Sport (CAS), who issued a Consent Award for Rubio to secure his mandatory postion to the WBC title at 160-pounds.

Martinez suffered injuries during his April victory over Martin Murray and won't fight until the first half of 2014.

Kuchle can no longer sit quiet as stories continue to circulate that Martinez will face Miguel Cotto or another possible opponent when he returns.

"We have to order an international court where it states that the champion, Sergio Martinez, can not defend the world title unless its against Rubio," said Küchle. "What is going to happen is that we're going to oppose Martinez defending his title against Cotto or whoever else. He can defend against Rubio or vacate the title, because we do not want the interim-championship."

10/31/13 12:55 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=71144#ixzz2jGwd4QAP This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Arum: Pacquiao Weighing 142, Much Smaller Than Rios

By Edward Chaykovsky

Brandon Rios (31-1-1, 22KOs) might be moving up in weight, but he won't be the smaller man when he faces eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao (54-5-2, 38KOs) in a welterweight contest on November 23rd in Macau, China. Pacquiao has fought as high as junior middleweight, where he captured the WBC title, but weighed in nearly ten pounds pounds below the limit. At welterweight, Pacquiao often weighs several pounds below the welterweight limit of 147-pounds.

"I am not smaller.  At the press conference I believe he was smaller than me so I am not the smaller guy here.  If you say that, your eyes are deceiving you because I am not smaller than Pacquiao, Pacquiao is smaller than me," Rios said.

The promoter of Pacquiao and Rios, Top Rank's Bob Arum, was at Pacquiao's training camp and said the Filpino star was only 142-pounds when he left him. Rios says he is weighing around 152, needing to shave off five pounds by the fight date.

"That is a good point that Brandon raises.  Pacquiao is a much smaller guy.  Brandon towers over Pacquiao; Brandon is much taller than Pacquiao.  As far as the weight is concerned, that is one of Freddie’s biggest problems.  Manny is working so hard and he is so light that he is going back is eating five meals a day in order to keep his weight.  In other words, now he is probably five pounds under the welterweight limit," Arum said.

"I don’t think [Rios is bigger], I know.  He is much bigger than Pacquiao.  He is taller, his reach is longer and probably today he weighs more, probably ten pounds more than Manny. And Manny was 142 when I left him in General Santos City."

10/31/13 12:56 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Wilder Believes Arreola Fight Will Happen

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=71136#ixzz2jGx2Aw3j
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Bill "Two Scoops" Emes

Recently, Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer discussed his goal of matching Deontay Wilder (30-0, 30KOs) against Bermane Stiverne (23-1-1, 20KOs) for the vacant WBC heavyweight title - if current champion Vitali Klitschko vacates the belt in 2014 to focus on a planned 2015 presidential run in Ukraine.

If Vitali vacates, a fight between Wilder and Stiverne might be challenged by Chris Arreola (36-3, 31KOs), who is ranked at number two. Wilder is ranked at number three while Stiverne is the mandatory challenger.

Wilder says he is not avoiding a fight with Arreola and expects it to happen down the line.

"Everybody is always asking about Arreola, what happened to [fighting him] after the Seth Mitchell thing. That's out of my hands. My management handles it. I think they are doing a great job at what they are doing and people will soon see what they want. The thing is, boxing is a business and people have to agree on a lot of things and sometimes there are disagreements. Other camps have other options and other routes that they want to go, and I don't think fighting me is in their route to fight. I'm sure if the fight was called on they would fight. I just want it to happen. I think it will [happen], but we'll see," Wilder told BoxingScene.com.

10/31/13 12:59 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

What were Ruslan/Mile High numbers? Phone Post 3.0
10/31/13 1:03 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=71133#ixzz2jGyby0f1 This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Khan: You Have To Box Mayweather at His Own Game

By Kevin Francis, courtesy of The Daily Star

AMIR KHAN is moving closer to a megabucks fight with Floyd May­weather next year. Khan’s proposed fight with former WBC and IBF light-welterweight champ Devon Alexander has fallen through and that has paved the way for a superfight with unbeaten Mayweather.

Khan said: “There’s a lot of talk about the Mayweather fight happening, but at the moment, I’ve left it up to my promotional team, Golden Boy.”

A May date in Las Vegas is being discussed but there is also a chance of ‘Money’ Mayweather agreeing to the bout taking place at Wembley.

Whatever the venue, it will be the biggest fight of 26-year-old Khan’s career.

The Bolton fighter said: “Meeting Mayweather would be my dream fight.

“We are the superstars of boxing and, fingers crossed, we will meet.

“I want to fight him because he is a great fighter and I want to fight the best out there. I would love the fight.

Both boxers have fight deals with Showtime Sports, which is making negations for the bout less complicated.

At 36, American Mayweather is still in top form, having recently outclassed Mexican superstar Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez to claim his 45th successive win.

But Khan does not lack confidence in his own ability.

He added: “To fight Floyd Mayweather, you have to box him at his own game.

“You have to box him. You have to use all of your speed and good footwork to make those old legs move.

“With Floyd, if you are going to be a puncher, you are going to walk towards him and you are going to walk into his shots.”

10/31/13 1:32 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

1.2 million for Provod and Alvarado

10/31/13 1:51 AM
Fedoral Crime
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarcVanBas - Anthony Joshua had his second pro fight tonight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnU__W2xdbk
I just seen this fight today. He looks promising. I know it's way too early to predict how he'll do but that right hand of his would give any HW trouble.

Kell Brook had a good win in the main event. I'm still not really sold on him though. He keeps his chin up way too high for me and I think once he starts fighting at the elite level, he'll get exposed.

I still think he's a great boxer, I just can't see him beat any of the top guys in the division right now. Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.