UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

11/10/13 3:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
tbi0904
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

So Vic was doing well, and said to be up on the cards, but got caught? Vanes got out classed and gassed again? How did Mikey look?

probably catch these fights tomorrow.

Yeah Vic was up 6-2 on two judges scorcards and was boxing well until he got caught in the 9th. Donaire look pretty lethargic for the most part and was bothered by Vic's left hand. Unfortunately for Vic he seemed to get hurt anytime Donaire landed clean and hard. I didn't see much of Andrade and Mikey looked pretty good. Took him a few rounds to figure Rocky out and got dropped with a nice right counter in the second but wasn't really hurt. Once he figured out how to get to Rocky he ran right through him and finished with a brutal left hook to the body.
11/10/13 3:18 AM
Fedoral Crime
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tbi0904 -
Barry_BondsMVP - 

So Vic was doing well, and said to be up on the cards, but got caught? Vanes got out classed and gassed again? How did Mikey look?

probably catch these fights tomorrow.

Yeah Vic was up 6-2 on two judges scorcards and was boxing well until he got caught in the 9th. Donaire look pretty lethargic for the most part and was bothered by Vic's left hand. Unfortunately for Vic he seemed to get hurt anytime Donaire landed clean and hard. I didn't see much of Andrade and Mikey looked pretty good. Took him a few rounds to figure Rocky out and got dropped with a nice right counter in the second but wasn't really hurt. Once he figured out how to get to Rocky he ran right through him and finished with a brutal left hook to the body.
Thanks for the updates guys, VU's all round.

Who do you think Mikey will fight next? Phone Post 3.0
11/10/13 3:52 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
879 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks guys, and TBI for the breakdown.

fight Uchyiama at 130, or there's a few options at 35' for him

11/10/13 4:18 AM
SubbedZER0
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

thanks guys, and TBI for the breakdown.

fight Uchyiama at 130, or there's a few options at 35' for him

Demetrius was long, worked off of his jab, and bothered Vanes with the 1,2 and alternating between a straight and a looping 2. Vanes didn't gas so much as he just never got going. He sat Andrade on his ass in round 2, made me shit my pants as far as our bet goes, but didn't follow up. I felt Vanes could of done better but he never really got in and got to work. We'll call it one week only on our bet.

Side note - They attempted to play up Guillermo Rigondeaux alot tonight (announcers). Made me laugh considering this was the fighter you posted HBO having no interest in putting on the air? They were right in saying Nonito was not Nonito tonight, but Vic deserved a bit more time before the stoppage IMO. He fought well and was really giving Nonito problems but I don't think alot of people will argue the stoppage. This was capped off by Nonito telling Max Kellerman 'Guillermo Rigondeaux, that's your boy right?'....when asked 'who do you want to fight next. It was very rich.

11/10/13 10:41 AM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Both guys struggled a bit with what were supposed to be "showcase opponents" but at the end of the day got the job done.
Nonito looks like he is mentally shot, but he can still set his stunners to ROCK N ROLL we he needs to.
11/10/13 12:33 PM
PoundforPound
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Darchinyan looked the best he has in years and was hurting Donaire. It's a shame he got caught at the end. Nonito was awful, just tried to land one big shot all night.

Mikey Garcia is on his way to getting into the top ten P4P lists. Can punch with either hand and sets up his combos well to both the head and body. He is so patient in there, never gets ruffled. Not even after suffering the flash knock down.

Vanes was lackluster as usual. Would have liked to see more aggressiveness and versatility from Andrade though, he wasn't overly impressive.
11/10/13 12:45 PM
Tilla
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How did Nonito look out there? Is he shot or not?
11/10/13 12:48 PM
The Mouth

Tilla - How did Nonito look out there? Is he shot or not?
Like he genuinely didn't care. Phone Post
11/10/13 2:48 PM
MMA Playwright
701 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyPirateFan - A split decision Andrade?

Wow! Phone Post

The judge who screwed that up is the brother of Greg Alvarez, who is Dickie Cole's assistant director in Texas.
11/10/13 4:47 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
879 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks for the breakdown Subb, let me know what the new screen name will be.

11/10/13 5:12 PM
Tilla

The Mouth - 

Safe to say that Rigo stole his soul?
11/10/13 5:59 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Edited: 11/10/13 5:59 PM

wrong thread lol

11/10/13 7:19 PM
allforroy
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoundforPound - Darchinyan looked the best he has in years and was hurting Donaire. It's a shame he got caught at the end. Nonito was awful, just tried to land one big shot all night.

Mikey Garcia is on his way to getting into the top ten P4P lists. Can punch with either hand and sets up his combos well to both the head and body. He is so patient in there, never gets ruffled. Not even after suffering the flash knock down.

Vanes was lackluster as usual. Would have liked to see more aggressiveness and versatility from Andrade though, he wasn't overly impressive.
That right counter off the jab he hurt Martinez with in the 5th or 6th was a thing of beauty. Phone Post 3.0
11/10/13 7:51 PM
The Mouth

Tilla -
The Mouth - 

I don't know... But maybe lost his fire.

Super lethargic. Phone Post
11/10/13 11:53 PM
SubbedZER0
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

thanks for the breakdown Subb, let me know what the new screen name will be.

that will be Demetrius_AndradeMVP for one whole week sir. Let me know if you need the fights to watch.

Also for anyone interested the Military championships are on ESPN (not sure which ESPN). They are having some 3 round wars and are getting into the higher weight classes now. Take care again everybody and Bonds don't worry you will have the opportunity to redeem yourself, we will rematch someday when deemed possible by both parties concerned.

11/11/13 3:49 AM
Fedoral Crime
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/11/13 4:31 AM

Pac/Rios 24/7 (FIXED)

11/11/13 4:11 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

thanks Fedoral

11/11/13 4:11 AM
-D0DG3R D0GG13-
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm Mex/Am but will definitely be rooting for Pacquiao. Our Pinoy brothers need that boost back up right now.
PacMan via devastating knock out to bounce back and prove he is 1 of the greatest ever. Phone Post 3.0
11/11/13 4:16 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

what's the email to the name change on here?

11/11/13 4:29 AM
-D0DG3R D0GG13-
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I missed the fights but from what I'm hearing/reading Nonito didn't seem all into the fight. It could be from all his fans lives taken on Friday.
Just saying. Phone Post 3.0
11/11/13 4:40 AM
Fedoral Crime

Fedoral Crime -

Pac/Rios 24/7 (FIXED)

Apologies guys, I posted this without watching it first and I think the last few minutes were missing. The full version is up now though.

I was actually thinking there'd be a chance that the fight would be called off due to the typhoon.

Over 10000 people dead. That's got to be tough on Manny just when he'a getting to the hardest part of training but I doubt it'll happen.

I don't see how Rios can win this fight anyway he seems like a good kid and he is fun to watch but my God is he dumb! (Says the guy who couldn't post the right video!) Phone Post 3.0
11/11/13 11:31 AM
chadk
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nonito is Visaya, so he likely had relatives at risk. Manny too. Difference is that Manny seems able to channel his chaos into the ring historically. If he wasn't thinking knockout before, pretty sure he is now. He knows the emotional boost a big win would be for his people. Aside from a hail Mary punch, I don't see Rios being a threat here. He went life and death with Alvarado and got outboxed by him in the rematch. Manny is faster, harder punching & better than Alvarado. He's getting brutalized. Phone Post
11/11/13 12:25 PM
HenryO

The Mouth - 
Tilla -
The Mouth - 

I don't know... But maybe lost his fire.

Super lethargic. Phone Post

You figure they do Donaire/Rigo next anyway? HBO doesnt have anyone else for Rigo to fight and Donaire's the draw so probably right?

That HBO card was sick though, 3 competitive fights. Had buncha people at my house and no one card about the UFC card til the main event, but everyone was paying attention to the whole boxing card. These are all people who could only name you 5 boxers too haa
11/11/13 12:27 PM
MMA Playwright
701 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rigo has an easier time with Donaire if they fight again.
11/11/13 12:34 PM
HenryO

chadk - Nonito is Visaya, so he likely had relatives at risk. Manny too. Difference is that Manny seems able to channel his chaos into the ring historically. If he wasn't thinking knockout before, pretty sure he is now. He knows the emotional boost a big win would be for his people. Aside from a hail Mary punch, I don't see Rios being a threat here. He went life and death with Alvarado and got outboxed by him in the rematch. Manny is faster, harder punching & better than Alvarado. He's getting brutalized. Phone Post

I cant say Ive followed Rios entire career but ya id say Rios gets hit way too much to beat Pacquiao.

At Brooklyn, N.Y. (Showtime): Paulie Malignaggi vs. Zab Judah, 12 rounds, welterweights; Devon Alexander vs. Shawn Porter, 12 rounds, for Alexander's IBF welterweight title; Erislandy Lara vs. Austin Trout, 12 rounds, for Lara's WBA interim junior middleweight title; Sakio Bika vs. Anthony Dirrell, 12 rounds, for Bika's WBC super middleweight title; Marcus Browne vs. TBA, 8 rounds, light heavyweights

At San Antonio (Showtime): Adrien Broner vs. Marcos Maidana, 12 rounds, for Broner's WBA welterweight title; Keith Thurman vs. Jesus Soto Karass, 12 rounds, for Thurman's WBA interim welterweight title; Leo Santa Cruz vs. Cesar Seda, 12 rounds, for Santa Cruz's WBC junior featherweight title; Beibut Shumenov vs. Tamas Kovacs, 12 rounds, for Shumenov's WBA light heavyweight title; Ricardo Alvarez vs. TBA, 10 rounds, junior welterweights

Might have to get showtime

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.