UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

11/13/13 7:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Demetrius_AndradeMVP
812 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pretty solid.

11/13/13 8:01 PM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP
812 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=71640#ixzz2kZr7Y100 This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

New Boxing Reality Show Looms: More Details Surface

By Ryan Burton

In life there is always speculation on anything that is new and cutting edge. Questions will emerge such as is it real and will it happen? While the natural reaction from most is to doubt and almost to wish for failure, that is magnified ten fold in the sweet science of boxing.

Go back a few years and the question was asked, will Oscar De La Hoya's promotional company be successful?  The answer is obviously yes but it was a legitimate question at the time.

Roughly three weeks ago BoxingScene.com published information on what surely will be the biggest reality boxing show in television history.  Yesterday I met with the executive producer and director of the show. We met in Las Vegas at the M Resort.  They were in town along with their producing adviser, camera crew and assistants to wrap up details with some of the cast.

As BoxingScene.com previously reported, Floyd Mayweather Sr. and Yoel Judah are on board as two of the three trainers for the aspiring fighters.  We can also say that there will be an appearance by 5-time world champion Zab "Super" Judah, his brother Joe, highly ranked cruiserweight contender and boxing analyst B.J. Flores, and former women's champion Christy Martin.  The show will be broadcast on a hot new cable channel that is growing rapidly and is currently available in over 35 million homes.

Former IBF junior middleweight champion Kassim Ouma will be at the tryouts for the 154 pound division.  Light heavyweight contender Ron Johnson is putting together the sparring for the show and today's big announcement is focused on the trainers.

This week the director is planning to sign Ruben Guerrero to be the third and final trainer.

This is only about one third of the star power that will appear on the show. Check BoxingScene.com shortly for a full interview with the executive producer Steven Marcano and the director Emilio Ferrari.

This show will undoubtedly be great for boxing.  It is a reality show that will star real, professional boxers fighting in real fights with guidance by real, world-class trainers.  The show will be built around the 140, 147 and 154 pound weight divisions.  The winner's of the tournaments in each weight division will then face a top 20 contender to see if they can realize their "Ring Dream".

11/13/13 8:02 PM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=71627#ixzz2kZrVDxYS
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Price vs. Chisora Purse Bid Won By Frank Warren

Promoter Frank Warren today won the purse bids for the big heavyweight clash between David Price and Dereck Chisora for the British title.
Finchley puncher Chisora is currently preparing for his European title defence against Matteo Modugno on Saturday 30th November at the Copper Box Arena.
Chisora has previously held the Lonsdale belt when he defeated Danny Williams in May 2010 to win the title and made a defence against Sam Sexton before losing it to Tyson Fury.
He's is in the best form of his career with three back-to-back stoppages this year against Hector Alfredo Avila, top American Malik Scott and winning the European title with a sensational performance against Edmund Gerber.
Chisora said, “I’m concentrating on the undefeated Italian Modugno right now and defending my European title is my priority, but I’m excited that I’ll be facing Price,”
“I do miss holding the British title though, it’s a beautiful belt and I want to win it again on the way to the world title.”
A date and venue will be advised within the two week deadline set by the BBBofC.

11/13/13 8:04 PM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP

Hearn: Demetrius Andrade-Brian Rose Negotiations Begin

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=71631#ixzz2kZrqbA19
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

by David P. Greisman

Negotiations for a fight between newly crowned World Boxing Organization junior middleweight titleholder Demetrius Andrade and British contender Brian Rose have begun, according to a tweet from Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Boxing, which promotes Rose.

The parties have 30 days to make a deal or else the bout will go to a purse bid, Hearn tweeted.

Should it go to purse bid, the minimum amount for any bid would be $200,000, according to a letter sent out Nov. 12 by the WBO and posted on the sanctioning body’s website.

The WBO belt at 154 pounds had been vacated after then-titleholder Zaurbek Baysangurov got injured prior to a bout with Andrade. This past weekend, Andrade beat Vanes Martirosyan by split decision to pick up the belt.

The most recent WBO ratings from Oct. 17 had Martirosyan at No. 1, Andrade No. 2, Baysangurov at No. 3 and Rose at No. 4.

Andrade, 25, is now 20-0 with 13 knockouts. Rose, 28, is 25-1-1 with 7 KOs and is coming off a debatable split decision win over Javier Francisco Maciel on Oct. 26.

11/13/13 8:06 PM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=71633#ixzz2kZsS8ZYO This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Hassan N'Dam Inks With Hyde, Fights on December 14

By Mike Coppinger

Middleweight contender Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam hasn't fought since losing his WBO middleweight title to Peter Quillin in Oct. 2012, but that will change next month.

N'Dam N'Jikam recently signed with manager Gary Hyde on Wednesday, and the Frenchman will return Dec. 14 against Anthony Fitzgerald (14-5, 4 KOs) in Barcelona, Spain, Hyde told BoxingScene.com on Wednesday.

The plan is for N'Dam N'Jikam, 29, to compete again in February in California, before setting his sights to world title fights. Hyde is best known for handling the career of junior featherweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux.

N'Dam N'Jikam (27-1, 17 KOs) was outboxing Quillin, but was dropped six times en route to a unanimous decision loss.

11/13/13 8:09 PM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=71639#ixzz2kZtFhtOA This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Trout, Lara Differ On Who Will Fight And Who Will Run

By Jake Donovan

Fighters like Austin Trout and Erislandy Lara are special breeds in that they both act upon claims of their willingness to take on all comers, when many others in and around the super welterweight division have avoided the two at all costs. In part, it would explain they’ve agreed to face each other on December 7 in Brooklyn, New York.

You would think from such similar bravery would come a common bond. However, their Showtime-televised bout, which serves as the co-feature to the all-Brooklyn clash between Zab Judah and Paul Malignaggi, has developed into a grudge match where they can’t seem – or don’t want – to agree on any given topic.

Both promise to carry the fight, while under the belief that the other will spend the duration of the bout on their bicycle. Neither seem to think very much of the other, beyond the obligatory appreciation for agreeing to the fight.

“The way it is today, it’s not necessarily the best fighting the best. We’re fighting each other because nobody wants to fight us,” Trout acknowledges of their upcoming vacant title fight.

The showdown with Lara marks his first piece of ring action since dropping a competitive decision to Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez this past April. Trout was forced to spend the next several months mired in legal battles with promoter Greg Cohen, from whom he would eventually split once the lawyers sorted out all lingering issues.

For his first fight back, he encounters an opponent who thinks has him pegged, but whom Trout insists is completely in the dark when it comes to reading a scouting report.

“[F]or him to say that I have no balls, tells me he’s never watched me before,” Trout (26-1, 14KO) believes. “This fight is all about dealing with the opportunities that come your way and I’m going to take advantage.”

Lara (18-1-2, 12KO) hasn’t fought since his off-the-canvas injury stoppage win over Alfredo Angulo this past June. A major upset was in the works as the usually slick Cuban was down twice and caught up in a war, before forcing Angulo into submission due to a grotesquely swollen left eye out of which he could no longer see.

The bout was the closest that Lara came to a loss since his only actual defeat, a controversial decision in favor of Paul Williams in their July ’11 encounter. Most had Lara winning comfortably that night, but he still views his official lone conqueror as his most dangerous opponent to date, or at least much better than the one in the on-deck circle.

Angulo was coming for him and Angulo was touching him. It was fight or flight. Him being a fighter, he fought some but he also ran. He did both and was able to beat him.

“Austin Trout is an OK fighter. He’s nothing special and I believe he’s on his way out,” Lara views of Trout. “He says I have no heart. He will find out in the ring.

“The difference between Austin Trout and Paul Williams is that Paul Williams had balls. He was a big southpaw who would come out and attack you. Austin Trout just knows how to run.”

11/14/13 10:45 AM
MarcVanBas
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Prize fighter is back on tonight, most notable is James Tony will be taking part and Anthony Joshua will have his 3rd pro fight.

UK vs. USA International Heavyweights Thursday 14th November 2013 - 14/11/2013

7:30pm - Ben IIeyemi v Moses Matovu
4 x 3 mins Cruiserweight Contest

Quarter-Final 1 - Larry Olubamiwo (UK) v Jason Gavern (USA)

Quarter-Final 2 - Matt Legg (UK) v James Toney (USA)

Quarter-Final 3 - Michael Sprott (UK) v Damian Wills (USA)

Quarter-Final 4 - Tom Little (UK) v Brian Minto (USA)

Semi-Final 1 - QF 1 Winner v QF 2 Winner

Semi-Final 2 - QF 3 Winner v QF 4 Winner

Anthony Joshua v Hrvoje Kisicek
6 x 3 mins Heavyweight Contest

Final of Prizefighter UK vs. USA International Heavyweights
11/14/13 12:59 PM
PoundforPound
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm morbidly curious to see how well James Toney does in this tournament. Is there any way to watch it online?
11/14/13 6:51 PM
endochokedme
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

read that article on the Boxing reality show....says Floyd Sr is going to be one of the trainers and they are about to sign Ruben Guerrero to be the 3rd trainer.

Maybe we will finally see them scrap

I got Big Floyd by stoppage
11/14/13 7:50 PM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP

Floyd runs through Ruben lol

thanks for the info Marc....Toney is hot garbage lol

11/14/13 7:52 PM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP

Interim lightweight titleholder Yuriorkis Gamboa was in the Miami-Dade County jail after being arrested Wednesday afternoon on two misdemeanor battery charges for domestic violence.

Gamboa was arrested for an incident with his ex-wife Dunia Martinez, the mother of two of his four children, according to Tony Gonzalez, Gamboa's attorney.

Gamboa, 31, posted a $4,500 bond on Thursday after a hearing and is expected to be released on Friday, Gonzalez said.

"There's an allegation that was sufficient enough to get him arrested, but we're not ready to make any statement yet," Gonzalez told ESPN.com. "This is recent and unexpected. It's two misdemeanor counts, not felony charges. We're going to deal with. I haven't had a chance to talk to (Gamboa) yet in any detail, only briefly when we were at the courthouse.

"Until we get a little further along and see what's going on we have no comment on it. We'll deal with it. If there's any light at the end of the tunnel it's that we're dealing with misdemeanor charges. I'm not downplaying misdemeanor charges. Anything like this is serious, but there's two sides to every story."

This is the second time Gamboa has been arrested on a domestic violence charge against the same woman. The first time came in 2011.

"It is the second time, but the first time there was no conviction, just allegations," Gonzalez said.

Gamboa (23-0, 16 KOs), who is promoted by rap star Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson, is a 2004 Cuban Olympic gold medalist who in 2007 defected and settled in Miami. He unified two featherweight titles in 2010.

In 2012, Gamboa moved up in weight and outpointed Michael Farenas to win a vacant interim junior lightweight title, which Gamboa never defended. In his next fight, in June, Gamboa moved up to lightweight and outpointed Darleys Perez to win a vacant interim lightweight belt.

Gamboa, who was implicated in the Biogenesis performance-enhancing drug scandal that mainly engulfed Major League Baseball, has not fought since.

Gamboa's name has been prominently mentioned as a possible opponent in early 2014 for newly crowned junior lightweight titleholder Miguel Angel "Mikey" Garcia. On Saturday, Garcia knocked out Roman "Rocky" Martinez in the eighth round to win a world title.

"Hopefully, we can put this situation behind us and '50' can get things worked out for the fight with Garcia and Gamboa can fight him in January," Gonzalez said.

11/14/13 10:34 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarcVanBas - Prize fighter is back on tonight, most notable is James Tony will be taking part and Anthony Joshua will have his 3rd pro fight.

Post show updates if possible bros. Interested to see how the first episode went.

11/14/13 10:41 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God I always forget about Gamboa. Phone Post 3.0
11/15/13 12:02 AM
Fedoral Crime
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - God I always forget about Gamboa. Phone Post 3.0
I know there's been talk of him fighting Gamboa for a while. I always forget about it too but I think Mikey would be too much for him.

With Gamboa's speed it'd make for an interesting fight but I think Mikey's on a different level right now. Phone Post 3.0
11/15/13 1:48 AM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP

Mikey would likely KO Gamboa

11/15/13 4:58 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SubbedZER0 - 
MarcVanBas - Prize fighter is back on tonight, most notable is James Tony will be taking part and Anthony Joshua will have his 3rd pro fight.

Post show updates if possible bros. Interested to see how the first episode went.

http://boxingnewsonline.net/latest/news/latest-results-from-the-james-toney-prizefighter-show-featuring-anthony-joshua

Results ^ ....Sprott takes home the whole thing, Toney eliminated in 2nd round by Maj Decision after stopping the first guy he faced.

Tyson's undisputed truth on tomorrow night :)

11/15/13 6:20 PM
PoundforPound
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/15/13 6:21 PM
SubbedZER0 - Tyson's undisputed truth on tomorrow night :)

Good looking out. I had completely forgoten that was on, gonna set up the DVR to record it.
11/15/13 10:14 PM
Fedoral Crime
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Demetrius_AndradeMVP -

BB, considering Mikey is with TR, what other big fights are out there for Garcia if he beats Gamboa?

I think he'd demolish Ricky Burns and I don't think Broner can make 140 after his next fight never mind that fact that he's with GB so I can't think of any other big names.

What about Prov? He's with HBO for another fight isn't he? I know Mikey would have to move up but I can't see anyone (unless Im missing someone) at FW that can touch him right now.

It'll be interesting to see how he does when he moves up. Great fighter though. The Mexican Mayweather might be a bit of a stretch but not that far off. Phone Post 3.0
11/16/13 2:56 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big day today gents.

Boxing on NBC 2:30 eastern
Undisputed Truth
24-7
UFC 167
Ward/Rodriguez Phone Post 3.0
11/16/13 12:03 PM
HenryO

Fedoral Crime - 
Demetrius_AndradeMVP -

BB, considering Mikey is with TR, what other big fights are out there for Garcia if he beats Gamboa?

I think he'd demolish Ricky Burns and I don't think Broner can make 140 after his next fight never mind that fact that he's with GB so I can't think of any other big names.

What about Prov? He's with HBO for another fight isn't he? I know Mikey would have to move up but I can't see anyone (unless Im missing someone) at FW that can touch him right now.

It'll be interesting to see how he does when he moves up. Great fighter though. The Mexican Mayweather might be a bit of a stretch but not that far off. Phone Post 3.0

Burgos, Mendez and Gamboa are all good fights for 2014
11/16/13 1:03 PM
The Mouth

Not going to lie...

Boxing takes a back seat tonight.

The Ward fight was interesting to me until it became a non-title fight... the rest of the fights tonight will only be worth reading about.  GSP is boring as shit... but I'd like to see him lose.  So there is that.

11/16/13 1:55 PM
HenryO

OnlyPirateFan - Why'd HBO put Andre Ward on the same night as UFC 167?

Too much talent to not be showcased Phone Post 3.0

Why cant you watch both

GSP has bored me too many times to spend money or get people to pitch for a PPV

The Ward fight will still do good ratings on HBO, there's not much overlap in fan bases
11/16/13 2:26 PM
Dr. Cheffa
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Recording Boxing while watching UFC at a bar Phone Post 3.0
11/16/13 4:50 PM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP

same with Dr. big party tonight for Kos with the gym...gotta DVR Ward, but there's plenty of boxing around the world today.

nice post Fedoral, I think the only tough test for him from 30'-35' is Terrence Crawford, that's an interesting styles fight for Garcia. I'd like to see how he handles a slick fighter like that.

11/16/13 10:26 PM
The Mouth

Rodriguez is awful.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.