UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

11/20/13 2:43 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Demetrius_AndradeMVP
875 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks guys, appreciate it...lol, yea you're a good guy though Rudj, you make them happy, they all love your shirts...my included.

11/20/13 2:44 AM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP
875 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EEKS - Wait... you like seeing boys excitement?

haha

11/20/13 3:12 AM
PoundforPound
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Freddie Roach thing seems staged. Perhaps the ppv isn't selling well?

11/20/13 12:22 PM
rudj
697 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EEKS - Wait... you like seeing boys excitement?

sure. Why not? Whats the joke?
11/20/13 2:11 PM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP

PoundforPound - The Freddie Roach thing seems staged. Perhaps the ppv isn't selling well?

crossed my mind too, but Roach and Ariza hate eachother.

11/20/13 2:16 PM
tbi0904
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoundforPound - The Freddie Roach thing seems staged. Perhaps the ppv isn't selling well?

It's boxing so any thing's possible but there is quite a bit of bad blood between all parties. Either way it's still a sideshow.

Can't believe (not really because again, it's boxing) Lacy & Taylor are getting fights again. Phone Post 3.0
11/20/13 10:21 PM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=71914#ixzz2lFLtvBzg This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Dawson: I'm Still at My Peak, I'm a Free Agent

By Ryan Burton

Former light heavyweight champion Chad Dawson last fought in June when he suffered a first round knockout loss to Adonis Stevenson in Montreal, Canada in an HBO televised fight. Even though he has lost two fights in a row, the 31-year-old Dawson is still very confident and is looking to get his career back on track.

"I am looking to get back in the ring as soon as possible.  As far as my career, in my last fight I had an unfortunate loss but I can't cry over it.  That is part of boxing but I am ready to get back in the game and continue where I left off as one of the best light heavyweights in the world. I believe that I am still one of the best, if not the best light heavyweights in the world and I can't wait to get back in the ring and show everyone what I am made of,"  Dawson stated.

Looking back on Dawson's career, he really hasn't had any easy fights over the past five years.  The Connecticut native thinks that he would benefit from a tune up fight and that ultimately that is the best route to get his career back on track.

"At this point I think a tune-up would be necessary.  As long as I was the light heavyweight champion of the world, I haven't take any easy fights. I have fought whoever was in front of me," said Dawson.

Dawson, who has been promoted the past several years by Gary Shaw, also revealed to BoxingScene.com that he is now a promotional free agent and said that he is looking to sign with a promoter who is willing to work with him and help him get back to where he was he was prior to the Ward and Stevenson fights.  He said that he is willing to talk to any promoter who has a sincere interest in his career.

"As far as the Adonis Stevenson fight, I had never heard of him.  I just knew he was a big puncher.  Like I said earlier, I don't duck nobody and what happened in there happened.  I am not going to let that be a setback for me. I am ready to get back in the ring plus I am a free agent right now and I am looking for a promoter.  I am looking to sign with one of the best promoters out there.  Whoever is interested, I am ready to sit down with them and talk with them," Dawson explained.

Even though he has suffered back to back knockout losses, Dawson said that he has absolutely zero doubt that he still is at the top of his game.  Prior to those two fights Dawson really hadn't taken a lot of punishment and feels that he still has plenty of gas left in the tank.

"I am definitely still at my peak.  Regardless of what happened in the Adonis Stevenson fight I have never taken a lot of punches.  In the Andre Ward fight I was dehydrated and drained.  I couldn't really defend myself and after the Ward fight I went back right into another big fight.  That is what I mean by saying in my career I was never able to dictate and do what was for the best interest in my career and that is what I am looking to do now," Dawson told BoxingScene.com.

11/20/13 10:23 PM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=71890#ixzz2lFMTLvJ9 This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Mickey Bey vs. Petr Petrov is Back on December 6th

By Anna Dragost (Allboxing.ru)

Anna Dragost, a flamboyant and charming America-based Russian reporter and Allboxing.ru own correspondent in the States, set a highly ambitious goal for herself. Anna has decided to start a brand new reality show “Become a Champ”.

The pattern is simple, yet interesting – to bring a relatively unknown Russian fighter overseas for 45 days, to follow him, filming short episodes, and helping him to arrange some suitable environment for training, to find a local coach and, finally, to arrange a TV debut and to sign an agreement with one of American promoters.

The first fighter to enter the show is Spain-based Petr Petrov (32-4-2, 15 KOs), who is coming off a highly controversial decision loss to undefeated Montenegrin Dejan Zlaticanin in April, a fight, a number of observers felt he had won convincingly. Petrov is 30 years old and mostly known for his one-sided loss to the welterweight terror Marcos Maidana via KO 4 in September 2011.

Petrov will make his debut on American soil as part of the ShoBox: The New Generation on Dec. 6 against Mickey Bey (18-1-1, 9 KOs), who also lost his last fight via a crushing TKO in the final round to John Molina. It was a battle Bey was handily winning up until the last round.

11/20/13 10:24 PM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP

Fury-Wilder Talks Have Started, Confirms Hennessy

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=71900#ixzz2lFN00M6r
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Tyson Fury's promoter Mick Hennessy has confirmed talks have started for a prospective heavyweight clash with unbeaten American Deontay Wilder following David Haye's withdrawal this week.

But Hennessy said Wilder is just one of a number of options currently being explored and stressed that Fury needs to be given time to get over the disappointment of a second big fight cancellation.

Fury took to Twitter on Wednesday to vent his spleen at the sport, even declaring: "Hi every1 I have officially retired from boxing" - a scenario immediately discounted by his team.

But he is clearly enraged by Haye's announcement that he faces retirement following shoulder surgery this week - just two months after their first fight was postponed when Haye sustained a cut.

Hennessy told the Press Association: "Tyson needs time to get used to the situation because all these things - broken toes, cut eyes, shoulder injuries - are like a foreign language to him.

"Tyson doesn't understand what he's being confronted with. He wanted to fight David Haye from the moment he turned professional and he did everything in his power to get him in the ring.

"The biggest shock to Tyson was that Haye ever took the fight in the first place. He's disgusted and sorry for the fans who have been let down twice, because Tyson is not one who would ever pull out of a fight."

Hennessy said he still hoped Fury would be fit to return in February, with future developments concerning the Klitschko brothers likely to determine his next opponent, although Wilder remains in pole position.

Wilder has won all 30 of his professional fights inside the distance including consecutive first round wins over Audley Harrison and former WBO champion Sergei Liakhovich earlier this year.

Hennessy added: "We have had talks with Wilder's people and we are in discussions at the moment but obviously there are a lot of pieces of the jigsaw we need to fit together.

"We are looking at a number of different options but one thing we do know is that Tyson is one of the biggest draws in world boxing at the moment and as soon as he is ready we will look to get him back in the ring."

11/20/13 10:25 PM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP

Bika vs Anthony Peterson is on the Judah-Paulie card

11/20/13 10:30 PM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=71903#ixzz2lFOO94iu This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Ariza: Roach Hides Behind Parkinson's, I'd Kick Him Again

By Miguel Rivera

Strength and conditioning coach Alex Ariza has accused Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach of abusing his medical condition by using it to his advantage.

Ariza had previously worked with Roach and Manny Pacquiao for six years, but a few months ago he was fired by the veteran coach. When Ariza was let go, he was quickly hired by trainer Robert Garcia to work with Brandon Rios.

This Saturday, Ariza will be in the opposite corner for the first time when Pacquiao faces Rios in the main event of an HBO Pay-Per-View event from Macau, China.

Tempers exploded on Wednesday morning, when Roach verbally clashed with Garcia and Ariza at a local gym. The two sides clashed over gym time. Roach wanted Garcia and his team to leave, but they refused.

As Ariza and Roach exchanged words, Roach started moving forward to physically confront Ariza, who kicked the trainer back. There were questionable comments made by both sides, with Ariza taking several swipes at Roach's physical condition due to Parkinson's.

''I take responsibility for what I did 100%. I know what I said and know what I did. I can't take it back; it was the heat of the moment. I did what I did because he accosted me, he got close. I know Freddie Roach for six years, and I know he has a tendency to be aggressive. If he did it again, I'd do it again, too," Ariza told Universal Deportes.

''There's one thing that anger brings out is the truth. 'He hides behind that whole Parkinson's gig, not to demean Parkinson's. He feels very threatened. People gave me a lot of credit for Manny's rise. It's sad. It's transparent he's at the end of the road, and this is his way of trying to hang on to what popularity he has.'

11/20/13 11:31 PM
chadk
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Parkinson's or not, I got $20 on Freddie beating Ariza's ass if it ever came to that. Ariza's younger and in better physical condition but I've seen lots of out of shape, former fighters humble younger, fitter men in the ring and on the mats. Lots to be said about experience actually fighting. Freddie was tough as hell and had tons of heart when he fought.

I like to watch Rios fight. He's entertaining, tough, and has gutty. However, I think he is the victim of a highlight reel worthy beatdown this weekend.
11/20/13 11:34 PM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP

yea, Rios is going to get his ass whooped

11/21/13 12:20 AM
Randy Watson
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Demetrius_AndradeMVP - 

Bika vs Anthony Peterson is on the Judah-Paulie card

Got that one as Bika v Anthony Dirrell ?

Also Shumanov back in action the weekend after.... Wanted to unify as soon as became champ, talks up how he wanted Cleverley, Dawson, and Braehmer... but went for 40 year old Santiago, William Joppy (FFS) and Ornelas who gets beat every time his opponent is B level or higher.

Now he's got WBA 14th ranked someone. 1-13 must have been busy....
11/21/13 12:21 AM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=71908#ixzz2lFqIOX00
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rick Reeno

The fight is not done, but Golden Boy Promotions is attempting to finalize a junior middleweight fight between undefeated rising contender Jermell Charlo (22-0, 11KOs) and tough veteran Gabe Rosado (21-7, 13KOs).

Charlo has been rising in the ranks with wins over Denis Doughlin, Harry Joe Yorgey and Demetrius Hopkins. Rosado is 0-2-1 in his last three fights, but all of them were very competitive efforts against three middleweights - WBA/IBO champion Gennady Golovkin, which ended by a KO in seven, J'Leon Love was turned to a no decision when Love tested positive for a banned substance, and last month Rosado was stopped in ten, due to a severe cut above his eye, by WBO champion Peter Quillin.

If the fight gets done, it will land on undercard to the junior welterweight main event between IBF champion Lamont Peterson and mandatory challenger Dierry Jean, which takes place on January 25th at the DC Armory in Washington. Showtime will televise both fights.

11/21/13 12:25 AM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP

lol at Shumanov, and yes my bad...meant Dirrell

11/21/13 6:56 PM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP

Broner at 146

http://instagram.com/p/g95NQcO4Tj/
11/21/13 9:06 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bonds, your term has been served sir. Your week is up. However, I have some questions....

Updates on Mago Abdusalamov?

Does the Pacman/Rios ppv include the Zou Shiming fight with the Rios/Gradovich fights?

Froch/Groves airing on US tv?

Also a putting a reminder on Pacman/Rios 24/7 episode 3 tonight in the thread

11/21/13 9:31 PM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP

thanks bro.

last I heard Mago was doing a little better, seems optimistic he'll pull through.

They have Dib/Gradovich second, but Shiming fouth, I think they would air it...would be wise too.

Froch/Groves is on AWE TV, use to be Wealth TV.

availability
Verizon FiOS Channel 669 (HD)
                        Channel 169 (SD)
ABNXcess (Malaysia) Channel 254

IPTV
AT&T U-verse Channel 1470 (HD)
                          Channel 470 (SD)
Bristol Virginia Utilities Channel 100 (SD

11/22/13 2:34 PM
tbi0904
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Going to a bar. It's a lot cheaper than spending $70 on PPV. My take on the fight is if Pacquiao is anywhere near peak form Rios is tailor made to make him look good. If he's not the Pacquiao is in for a rough night. Rios is a really good volume puncher with some pop.
11/22/13 2:40 PM
Wasa-B
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Demetrius_AndradeMVP - 

yea, Rios is going to get his ass whooped

Assuming Pac is in shape, chins not shot, etc.....is this too much of a favourable for Pac? Is Rios kinda like Hatton? Hard nose, forward coming grinder that likes to fight inside/short range?
11/22/13 2:45 PM
pharochuck
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Demetrius_AndradeMVP - 

lol at Shumanov, and yes my bad...meant Dirrell

i've got bika in that one. tough guy who's going to keep coming, the other dirrell is not prepared for that

11/22/13 10:48 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone's picks for tomorrow?

Cobra tko round 5
Pacquiao ko round 9
Gradovich UD
Shiming UD Phone Post 3.0
11/22/13 11:09 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Demetrius_AndradeMVP - 

thanks bro.

last I heard Mago was doing a little better, seems optimistic he'll pull through.

They have Dib/Gradovich second, but Shiming fouth, I think they would air it...would be wise too.

Froch/Groves is on AWE TV, use to be Wealth TV.

availability
Verizon FiOS Channel 669 (HD)
                        Channel 169 (SD)
ABNXcess (Malaysia) Channel 254

IPTV
AT&T U-verse Channel 1470 (HD)
                          Channel 470 (SD)
Bristol Virginia Utilities Channel 100 (SD

http://www.boxingscene.com/magomed-abdusalamov-dark-side-boxing--71949

Just updated today that Mago's in rough shape. Found a long article on the current back and forth between his camp and the Athletic Commission, and some tough stories of Mago after the fight. Article is a good one, but a sad story. Said Mago was vomiting and also had to catch a cab to the hospital, where he almost had to go to another over the wait. Be interesting to see where this goes.  

11/23/13 12:58 AM
tbi0904

Pretty sad about Mago. His corner was in a bit of a tough spot, he was landing enough hard shots to think he may come back but was taking a beating in the process. The culture of boxing is "go out on your shield" you know? No Mas is still a punchline. Oscar is still derided as a coward and pussy for not getting off his stool against Pacquiao even though he knew he had enough. I love boxing but that's one of the shittier aspects of the sport. I hope Mago isn't permanently injured from the fight. The stroke part has me worried.

If a blue could help me out, here's an article from SB Nation. While I don't agree with a fair amount of the article (FRAT warning: it's long) the overall theme is dead on. It's an interesting read. Curious what you guys think.
http://www.sbnation.com/longform/2013/11/20/5119180/manny-pacquiao-vs-brandon-rios-fight-2013-profile

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.