UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

11/23/13 2:38 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Demetrius_AndradeMVP
829 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

can someone make TBI's link clickable?

11/23/13 2:39 AM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP
829 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - Everyone's picks for tomorrow?

Cobra tko round 5
Pacquiao ko round 9
Gradovich UD
Shiming UD Phone Post 3.0

I agree with all but Froch, I'm picking Groves with the SD upset.

11/23/13 2:39 AM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP

pharochuck - 
Demetrius_AndradeMVP - 

lol at Shumanov, and yes my bad...meant Dirrell

i've got bika in that one. tough guy who's going to keep coming, the other dirrell is not prepared for that

I could see that, this is Anthony's toughest test, what a waste of talent his bro is.

11/23/13 2:41 AM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP

thanks for the updated article Subb, I hope he pulls through. Like you said, people expect you to go out on your shield, and you're a coward if you don't do so. 

All those Russians, Eastern Euros etc are all tough as nails, and will die in the ring if need be.

11/23/13 2:45 AM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP

Wasa-B - 
Demetrius_AndradeMVP - 

yea, Rios is going to get his ass whooped

Assuming Pac is in shape, chins not shot, etc.....is this too much of a favourable for Pac? Is Rios kinda like Hatton? Hard nose, forward coming grinder that likes to fight inside/short range?

yea, not much of a fight bro imo, unless like you said Pac is shot. Rios lost to a few C level fighters. You are pretty accurate with the fighter similarities, other then Hatton was a bit quicker.

11/23/13 4:02 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
504 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Screen Name bet on Froch/Groves Barry?

2 weeks if Froch wins

ill give you a month if Groves gets the upset Phone Post 3.0
11/23/13 4:05 AM
DanChow
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

George Foreman gets deep on Manny Pacquiao vs. Brandon Rios

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCaBkIqpffI
11/23/13 4:24 AM
pharochuck
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Demetrius_AndradeMVP - 

thanks for the updated article Subb, I hope he pulls through. Like you said, people expect you to go out on your shield, and you're a coward if you don't do so. 

All those Russians, Eastern Euros etc are all tough as nails, and will die in the ring if need be.

i remember acelino freitas, pretty good fighter, took a beating from corrales and after 3rd knockdown said he was through and people were calling him coward. he got dropped hard 3 rounds in a row and fought back hard after the first 2, in the end he was seriously outgunned. i was shaking my head at people booing, you paid to see a fight and he gave one and after being dropped 3 rounds and no hope of winning he quit. fans sometimes act if they paid to see an execution.

11/23/13 10:54 AM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Demetrius_AndradeMVP - 
Wasa-B - 
Demetrius_AndradeMVP - 

Assuming Pac is in shape, chins not shot, etc.....is this too much of a favourable for Pac? Is Rios kinda like Hatton? Hard nose, forward coming grinder that likes to fight inside/short range?

yea, not much of a fight bro imo, unless like you said Pac is shot. Rios lost to a few C level fighters. You are pretty accurate with the fighter similarities, other then Hatton was a bit quicker.

Rios has a better chin.
11/23/13 11:05 AM
Wasa-B
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache - 
Demetrius_AndradeMVP - 
Wasa-B - 
Demetrius_AndradeMVP - 

Rios has a better chin.

Cool, thanks guys but i would think speed is more important for Pac, no? Anyhow, big up this on-going thread. One of the few without trolling and the other bs, just the sports talk.
11/23/13 11:59 AM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yea Pac will be much faster then Brandon. The fight hinges on the whether Brandon can get inside or not. If Pac can keep him at a distance he will massacre Rios. If Rios can bully Pac against the ropes and rough him up Pac's in for a hard fight.
Most people hate Brandon, so they will say he has no chance. But he is better then people think. Certainly not on Pac's level, but Rios is a good fighter.
11/23/13 1:18 PM
chadk
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Brandon's more shopworn than Manny. He's been in too many wars and already has that thick tongued speech going. Be ironic if he ends up with Parkinson's after mocking Freddie. Phone Post
11/23/13 1:27 PM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP

good post guys, I agree Chad, he's been in too many wars...I wouldn't be surprised if he gets put on his ass a few times tonight.

hey Gay, sorry for the late reply, I'll do two weeks with you..

I'm at work, what time is the Froch-Groves fight, around 2-3?

11/23/13 1:32 PM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP

pharochuck - 
Demetrius_AndradeMVP - 

i remember acelino freitas, pretty good fighter, took a beating from corrales and after 3rd knockdown said he was through and people were calling him coward. he got dropped hard 3 rounds in a row and fought back hard after the first 2, in the end he was seriously outgunned. i was shaking my head at people booing, you paid to see a fight and he gave one and after being dropped 3 rounds and no hope of winning he quit. fans sometimes act if they paid to see an execution.

yea it's a shame, it's mainly from the fickle N. American fan base. They can never be satisfied. We love this sport for various reasons, not just the violence but also the sweet science. Being around fighters, I definitely respect these guys a lot more, and I do feel more concerned now for their well being. At the end of the day, they aren't fighting for our pleasure, but to feed their families etc.

11/23/13 2:44 PM
SubbedZER0
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tbi0904 - Pretty sad about Mago. His corner was in a bit of a tough spot, he was landing enough hard shots to think he may come back but was taking a beating in the process. The culture of boxing is "go out on your shield" you know? No Mas is still a punchline. Oscar is still derided as a coward and pussy for not getting off his stool against Pacquiao even though he knew he had enough. I love boxing but that's one of the shittier aspects of the sport. I hope Mago isn't permanently injured from the fight. The stroke part has me worried.

If a blue could help me out, here's an article from SB Nation. While I don't agree with a fair amount of the article (FRAT warning: it's long) the overall theme is dead on. It's an interesting read. Curious what you guys think.
http://www.sbnation.com/longform/2013/11/20/5119180/manny-pacquiao-vs-brandon-rios-fight-2013-profile

http://www.sbnation.com/longform/2013/11/20/5119180/manny-pacquiao-vs-brandon-rios-fight-2013-profile

tbi's mentioned article above, very good read.

11/23/13 3:26 PM
ramit upper
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like watching Groves fight.. but he seems to have a penchant for flat billed caps, therefore I hope he gets bingoed!
11/23/13 3:53 PM
tbi0904
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SubbedZER0 -
tbi0904 - Pretty sad about Mago. His corner was in a bit of a tough spot, he was landing enough hard shots to think he may come back but was taking a beating in the process. The culture of boxing is "go out on your shield" you know? No Mas is still a punchline. Oscar is still derided as a coward and pussy for not getting off his stool against Pacquiao even though he knew he had enough. I love boxing but that's one of the shittier aspects of the sport. I hope Mago isn't permanently injured from the fight. The stroke part has me worried.

If a blue could help me out, here's an article from SB Nation. While I don't agree with a fair amount of the article (FRAT warning: it's long) the overall theme is dead on. It's an interesting read. Curious what you guys think.

tbi's mentioned article above, very good read.

Thanks. Phone Post 3.0
11/23/13 4:18 PM
GSP'issedinyourmouth

I hate to be the bearer of bad news....

But Rios is going to get stopped... possibly quicker than Alvarado did recently.

The Marketing for this fight was great.  But there is no fight here.  I'll be watching it just the same though.

11/23/13 5:07 PM
GSP'issedinyourmouth

LostInPeteCarrollsBlueEyes - 
GSP'issedinyourmouth - 

I hate to be the bearer of bad news....

But Rios is going to get stopped... possibly quicker than Alvarado did recently.

The Marketing for this fight was great.  But there is no fight here.  I'll be watching it just the same though.

Pac hasn't had a knockout in 4 years. Seeing him get a stoppage will bring back awesome memories.

I dont think it will be a KO.

I think it will just get stopped.

Rios is headed for actual Retardation with the shots he is willing to eat.

11/23/13 5:17 PM
hedfunk
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bloody hell, Prince Nas is a fat bastard these days!
11/23/13 5:18 PM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP

I'm excited for this fight!!!

11/23/13 5:24 PM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP

WAR GROVES!!!!!

11/23/13 5:37 PM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP

Froch is missing his partner in crime.

11/23/13 5:46 PM
GSP'issedinyourmouth

Froch will crush Groves.

Looking forward to the bell ringing.

11/23/13 5:51 PM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP

uh ohhhhh

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.