UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

11/24/13 12:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JoeJoeplata
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - 1 judge gives rios 2 rounds?

Lol at rios pissing out on kellerman

Rios was mad because he knows he was just a punching bag tonight lol.
11/24/13 12:52 AM
chadk
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed JoeJoe, it was clear to everyone where Max was leading to with that question and Rios called him on it. Phone Post
11/24/13 1:06 AM
Wasa-B
315 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does Rios have that good a chin, Pac lost a bit of physical power? Rios was also much bigger than Pac but so was Margarido.

Pacs speed and footwork and angles were still there though. He also said he got rocked once.
11/24/13 1:10 AM
stillmatic
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - Does Rios have that good a chin, Pac lost a bit of physical power? Rios was also much bigger than Pac but so was Margarido.

Pacs speed and footwork and angles were still there though. He also said he got rocked once.

He can take a great shot, but it's hard to really land a KO against someone covering up the whole fight. Rios was scared to even let his hands go, so he definitely felt Manny's power.

11/24/13 1:11 AM
Wasa-B
315 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stillmatic - 
Wasa-B - Does Rios have that good a chin, Pac lost a bit of physical power? Rios was also much bigger than Pac but so was Margarido.

He can take a great shot, but it's hard to really land a KO against someone covering up the whole fight. Rios was scared to even let his hands go, so he definitely felt Manny's power.

Good point, yeah, he did just cover up a lot and then Pac would be gone everytime.
11/24/13 1:15 AM
Strykr619
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

surfing - 
Amorphis - So happy to see Pacquiao win this fight. But it struck me that Rios didn't seem phased by any of Manny's punches tonight. He got hit a ton, but I never got the impression he was in any danger of being stopped.

Though they say that the power is the last thing to go. Manny clearly still had the speed tonight, but I felt like the power wasn't there. Could just be Rios being a very tough opponent. Or it could be Pacquiao doesn't pack the same punch he did a few years ago.

Either way, I think Floyd walks through Pacquiao if that fight happens.

i agree to a certain extent - no one punch or combo really hurt him but the last half of the fight or so he looked like the cumulative damage was really getting to him.

Or it could be that Rios has a granite chin, BTW LOL at Floyd "walking" thru Pacquaio. Fight will never happen. Floyd made sure of that with stupid demands like "If he joins my promotion then the fight will happen" nonsense.
11/24/13 1:15 AM
stillmatic
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was disappointed that Rios talked so much and didn't even try to win the fight. He basically showed up to be a punching bag tonight. You really have to wonder what their strategy coming in was, because he was cautious the entire fight and there was zero urgency on his part despite getting dominated. It didn't seem like him or his corner thought he could win this fight.
11/24/13 1:19 AM
chadk
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rios did the same thing Mosely and Clottey did, which is shell up and do very little for fear of getting countered. That fight was so one sided, I was angry that one judge gave Rios two rounds lol. Phone Post
11/24/13 1:20 AM
Wasa-B

stillmatic - I was disappointed that Rios talked so much and didn't even try to win the fight. He basically showed up to be a punching bag tonight. You really have to wonder what their strategy coming in was, because he was cautious the entire fight and there was zero urgency on his part despite getting dominated. It didn't seem like him or his corner thought he could win this fight.

The round or 2 that he won on said judge's cards, Pac admitted he was hurt too but never showed it and his legs never failed him. But like you said I guess, Rios just kept on covering up so it was Pac keeping the pressure on him but also moving like he can. I guess though, yeah, at a certain point, Rios should have started taking more chances but I think that Pac's movement was too much for him. He was no where to be found most of the night. I suppose Rios coulda let it hang more when he had Pac on the ropes? I think his corner said that
11/24/13 1:22 AM
Wasa-B

So what do you guys think the future holds for Pac now? Which big fights are left for him? How long should he keep on fighting? How much has he lost? Hard to say?
11/24/13 1:28 AM
Randy Watson
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just back from the local bar.... Rios can sure take a shot.

Hope Pac gets a shot at Bradley and I'm still interested in Mayweather match up.

That Froch stoppage was all that is wrong with this game in one pivotal moment.
11/24/13 1:28 AM
Amorphis
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Strykr619 - 
surfing - 
Amorphis - So happy to see Pacquiao win this fight. But it struck me that Rios didn't seem phased by any of Manny's punches tonight. He got hit a ton, but I never got the impression he was in any danger of being stopped.

Though they say that the power is the last thing to go. Manny clearly still had the speed tonight, but I felt like the power wasn't there. Could just be Rios being a very tough opponent. Or it could be Pacquiao doesn't pack the same punch he did a few years ago.

Either way, I think Floyd walks through Pacquiao if that fight happens.

i agree to a certain extent - no one punch or combo really hurt him but the last half of the fight or so he looked like the cumulative damage was really getting to him.

Or it could be that Rios has a granite chin, BTW LOL at Floyd "walking" thru Pacquaio. Fight will never happen. Floyd made sure of that with stupid demands like "If he joins my promotion then the fight will happen" nonsense.

I said "IF" that fight happens. I agree that it probably won't ever happen. But if it did, I don't see any way that Floyd doesn't comfortably win that fight.
11/24/13 1:33 AM
stillmatic

Pacquiao fighting like he did tonight would give Floyd problems. He wasn't just coming in with a predictable rhythm like he had been in previous fights. He was giving Rios different looks and that's part of what made Rios so hesitant to pull the trigger.
11/24/13 1:48 AM
lockon
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stillmatic - Pacquiao fighting like he did tonight would give Floyd problems. He wasn't just coming in with a predictable rhythm like he had been in previous fights. He was giving Rios different looks and that's part of what made Rios so hesitant to pull the trigger.
You have to realize he was fighting Brandon Rios. Again, tailormade for Manny. Phone Post
11/24/13 1:51 AM
tbi0904
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good fight for Pacquiao. Schooled him and beat him up for 12 rounds. That said Rios was tailor made for a peak Pacquiao to look good against so I'm not getting too excited. What it showed was Pac isn't shot and has a lot left to give which is a very good thing for boxing. Phone Post 3.0
11/24/13 2:00 AM
stillmatic

lockon - 
stillmatic - Pacquiao fighting like he did tonight would give Floyd problems. He wasn't just coming in with a predictable rhythm like he had been in previous fights. He was giving Rios different looks and that's part of what made Rios so hesitant to pull the trigger.
You have to realize he was fighting Brandon Rios. Again, tailormade for Manny. Phone Post

Manny could have fought however he wanted and still beaten Rios with ease. No question that Rios was a very easy fight for him.

The Mayweather fight is totally different, but Manny fighting smart and not going in reckless and being predictable is a very tough fight for Mayweather.
11/24/13 2:23 AM
diggity

Great fight, atmosphere here wasnt like Vegas.... In fact Macau sucks dirty ball sack. Manny looked good tho. Rios has a hell of a chin. Don't know if anyone noticed but manny let rios survive in the 12th. Phone Post 3.0
11/24/13 2:32 AM
LaMarcus=GOAT DeMarcus=JOKE
985 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good fight for Manny. As a Pac fan I really wanted to see a knockout though. I agree Tebow, the killer instinct wasn't as strong. I do understand why he would be a little cautious though. Phone Post 3.0
11/24/13 2:55 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
491 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pacquiao looked new and in proved. Phone Post 3.0
11/24/13 2:59 AM
PoundforPound
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They picked the right guy for a tuneup and to make Pacquiao look good. Rios is slow as molasses and has very little variety to his attack.

Would have been nice to hear Pac call out Mayweather instead of saying his next opponent is up to his promoter Bob Arum.
11/24/13 3:25 AM
Fedoral Crime
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

diggity - Great fight, atmosphere here wasnt like Vegas.... In fact Macau sucks dirty ball sack. Manny looked good tho. Rios has a hell of a chin. Don't know if anyone noticed but manny let rios survive in the 12th. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah I noticed that alright. Tbh I don't think he could've KO'd him anyway cos Rios seemed happy just to survive after the 3rd round.

It went exactly how I thought it would. The only fighters worthy of fighting Manny other than Floyd now are Bradley, Cotto and Prov and I can't see him fighting the last 2.

In an ideal world, I'd love to see Manny get a rematch with Bradley, have Floyd fight Khan and then if they both win they could have the big one around this time next year.

Easier said than done though Phone Post 3.0
11/24/13 4:49 AM
Demetrius_AndradeMVP
848 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol at Boner's tweet...

ended up going to the neighbors, he ordered it. Card was a POS as expected, Dib is a fake a Naseem. But Pac did what he needed to do, beat on this punching bag. Kept turning him and giving angles, like he does on the mitts with Roach, simple stuff. 

Jab, straight left, or lead left, lead right hook....turn him and throw a left, I like how Manny never let him set, and was always throwing punches to keep Rios' hands up.

that being said, Manny definitely isn't himself, I think Arum should cash him out, throw him to Floyd. lol

11/24/13 7:18 AM
Tilla

Any of you see the Groves/Froch fight? Disgraceful!
11/24/13 11:54 AM
Wasa-B

Who should manny fight next? Is the Bradley rematch worth it since he beat jmm? How good is the Russian guy who was his sparring partner?
11/24/13 12:00 PM
Wasa-B

What about pacs weight? He weighed in the ring at 150? Will be a issue for other ww opponents for him?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.