UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

11/26/13 1:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
chadk
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Boxing Gods may be smiling upon us everyone... I read that Provodnikov wants to fight Brandon Rios next. This is a can't miss action fight and I don't care that Rios is on a two fight losing streak. This would be fun to watch. Phone Post
11/26/13 2:16 PM
LaMarcus=GOAT DeMarcus=JOKE
808 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chadk - The Boxing Gods may be smiling upon us everyone... I read that Provodnikov wants to fight Brandon Rios next. This is a can't miss action fight and I don't care that Rios is on a two fight losing streak. This would be fun to watch. Phone Post
Looks like Rios could be on his way to a 3 fight losing streak. Phone Post 3.0
11/26/13 2:27 PM
chadk
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LaMarcus=GOAT DeMarcus=JOKE -
chadk - The Boxing Gods may be smiling upon us everyone... I read that Provodnikov wants to fight Brandon Rios next. This is a can't miss action fight and I don't care that Rios is on a two fight losing streak. This would be fun to watch. Phone Post
I agree but it should be gloriously fun while it lasts! Phone Post
11/26/13 2:30 PM
ya
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rorymcd - 
LaMarcus=GOAT DeMarcus=JOKE - 
rorymcd - What is really crazy is that Sugar Ray had another fight in between the two LaMotta fights!

He lost a 10 round decision to LaMotta, two weeks later he won a 10 round decision over Jackie Wilson, then the next week he beat LaMotta in another 10 round decision. 30 rounds of boxing in three weeks against top contenders. They were grittier back then.
Wow that's just incredible. That shows how tough and hungry those guys were back then.

I like boxing a lot but I don't follow it as much as MMA, football, and basketball. I watched Tyson back in the day and now I watch most if the big fights.

Do boxers fight less now because of bigger paydays or they just don't have the desire to fight that often? Phone Post 3.0

This is a very good question, and there are a couple of reasons. First, as you mentioned the bigger paydays mean that fighters can thrive on 3-4 fights a year. Second there simply aren't as many opportunities to fight now as there was in 30's 40's and 50's.

I read a stat (I don't have the source off the top of my head), that showed the number of professional boxing shows run in an average year. In the late 1930's there were over 900 shows in the state of New York alone. By 2000 there were less than 900 professional shows in all of North America, including Mexico where boxing is second only to soccer in terms of popularity.

I was also read a book called Corner Men, detailing the careers of famous boxing coaches. Angelo Dundee, who cornered both Muhammad Ali and Sugar Ray Leonard, talked about learning his craft as a second corner. He would be working professional fights 6 days a week!

----------------------------
Average Number of Fights to the Title

Average Number of Rounds to the Title

And notice how the KO percentage of the fighters dropped as the competition improved

----------------------------
(courtesy of martin burke)
11/26/13 2:36 PM
endochokedme
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chadk - 
LaMarcus=GOAT DeMarcus=JOKE -
I agree but it should be gloriously fun while it lasts! Phone Post

Damn. I root for Rios cause the guy loves to fight and his scraps are entertaining but I am starting to worry about the damage he has been taking.

Providnikov is a freaking beast and that will be violent if it happens. Hope they both make some good money fighting each other. I would definately think about trying to attend if the timing was right for me
11/26/13 6:26 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking good Barry. Say hi to Yeezus and Kim for me. Phone Post 3.0
11/26/13 10:04 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zab/Paulie fight is on the Showtime schedule for a 4hr 30mi broadcast, is this right? Card starts at 8 which is unusual, and there's no shoX prelims. Maybe showing the prelims in the same channel first. Phone Post 3.0
11/26/13 10:32 PM
Tomato Can
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - Zab/Paulie fight is on the Showtime schedule for a 4hr 30mi broadcast, is this right? Card starts at 8 which is unusual, and there's no shoX prelims. Maybe showing the prelims in the same channel first. Phone Post 3.0

It's a quadruple-header:

Judah vs. Malignaggi
Alexander vs. Porter
Lara vs. Trout
Bika vs. Dirrell
11/26/13 10:39 PM
Barry_Kar-ianMVP
877 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crack Head Traver fights tonight at HW, and Mundine-Mosley like at 3am.

11/26/13 10:57 PM
GSP'issedinyourmouth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mundine and Mosley is happening?

11/26/13 11:24 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

Tomato Can -
GayGuardMooseSaucy - Zab/Paulie fight is on the Showtime schedule for a 4hr 30mi broadcast, is this right? Card starts at 8 which is unusual, and there's no shoX prelims. Maybe showing the prelims in the same channel first. Phone Post 3.0

It's a quadruple-header:

Judah vs. Malignaggi
Alexander vs. Porter
Lara vs. Trout
Bika vs. Dirrell
Yeah, 3 title fights like the Floyd ppv. Just thought it was a shit ton of time lol. Zab and Paulie the main event right? No way I want to end my night watching Alexander fight lol Phone Post 3.0
11/26/13 11:25 PM
GSP'issedinyourmouth

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Tomato Can -

It's a quadruple-header:

Judah vs. Malignaggi
Alexander vs. Porter
Lara vs. Trout
Bika vs. Dirrell
Yeah, 3 title fights like the Floyd ppv. Just thought it was a shit ton of time lol. Zab and Paulie the main event right? No way I want to end my night watching Alexander fight lol Phone Post 3.0

Devon Alexander is super underrated. 

11/26/13 11:31 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

GSP'issedinyourmouth -
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Tomato Can -

It's a quadruple-header:

Judah vs. Malignaggi
Alexander vs. Porter
Lara vs. Trout
Bika vs. Dirrell

Devon Alexander is super underrated. 

Good fighter, I just find that a lot of his fights bore me. His last fight was good though. Phone Post 3.0
11/26/13 11:43 PM
Randy Watson
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP'issedinyourmouth - 

Yep. Jack Mosley arranged for som GBP reps to come over this time, make sure they were weighed on the same scales, make sure nothing odd happens ringside etc...

And pretty sure they actually paid Shane the full amount this time.

Talk about revolutionary changes !

Boxing in the land I call home is really on the up !
11/26/13 11:52 PM
Thuglife13
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy Fuck Shane Mosley fights in like 3 1/2 hours???

Does anyone know how to watch it?
11/27/13 12:07 AM
GSP'issedinyourmouth

Randy Watson - 
GSP'issedinyourmouth - 

Yep. Jack Mosley arranged for som GBP reps to come over this time, make sure they were weighed on the same scales, make sure nothing odd happens ringside etc...

And no one knows about it.

LMAO

11/27/13 12:24 AM
Barry_Kar-ianMVP
877 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ESPN3.com will stream the fight, they'll fight around 3:30am pst according to fat Dan.

11/27/13 12:25 AM
Barry_Kar-ianMVP

Broner-Maidana all access will be on Dec 7th

11/27/13 12:27 AM
Barry_Kar-ianMVP

Arum's Statement on Manny Pacquiao's Tax Issues

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=72105#ixzz2loxG6eUa
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

LAS VEGAS, NEV—Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum issued the following statement regarding reports that Philippine authorities have questioned Manny Pacquiao's payment of taxes:

“Filipino authorities confirmed that Manny is not required to pay double tax. If Manny paid U.S. taxes for fights and endorsements that occurred on U.S. soil, he is not required to pay double taxes in the Philippines.

"For each of Manny’s fights that occurred in the United States, including those in 2008 and 2009, Top Rank withheld 30% of Manny's purses and paid those monies directly to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). Top Rank has deposit confirmations for each payment. Top Rank has done the same for all U.S. endorsements it has facilitated on Manny's behalf.

"Top Rank submitted copies of the EFT deposit acknowledgements to the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) as proof of payment. The BIR received the documents but directed Manny to obtain “certified” documents directly from the IRS itself.

"As I am sure people appreciate, obtaining certified copies of documents from the IRS takes time. Manny made the formal request to the IRS and we have every expectation that the necessary documents will be furnished to the BIR very soon."

11/27/13 12:29 AM
Barry_Kar-ianMVP

Jan FNF, Kendall Holt vs Javier Molina

11/27/13 12:29 AM
Barry_Kar-ianMVP

Cleverly had to withdrawal from CW debut with back injury.

11/27/13 1:00 AM
Randy Watson
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP'issedinyourmouth - 
Randy Watson - 
GSP'issedinyourmouth - 

LMAO

Oh you'll know about the moment Shane drops Mundine on his ass...

You'll hear the cheers and laughter from all three homes and both bars that bought the PPV from where you are sitting.
11/27/13 1:17 AM
GSP'issedinyourmouth

Randy Watson -
GSP'issedinyourmouth - 
Randy Watson - 
GSP'issedinyourmouth - 

LMAO

Oh you'll know about the moment Shane drops Mundine on his ass...

You'll hear the cheers and laughter from all three homes and both bars that bought the PPV from where you are sitting.
Leaving my windows open when I go to bed. Phone Post 3.0
11/27/13 7:45 AM
Thuglife13
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just finished watching the fight.

My God that mindfuck of a card.

The Mosley fight sucked. They stopped it because Shane's back was fucked up. The commentators were all up on Mundine's jock the whole fight though and LoL @ them "conjuring" up a fake ass notion that Mundine legit stopped Shane for the first time ever which is complete bullshit because it wasn't like they stopped it due to Mundine fucking up his face or Shane quitting. They even had the audacity to think that maybe now Mundine could ask for Canelo or Mayweather LMFAO!!!
11/27/13 9:42 AM
Tomato Can
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn I am disappointed. Shane actually looked kind of good against Cano. Really wish he could have gone out on a win. Now he'll probably keep fighting.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.