UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

10/14/13 7:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Uncle Creepy's Creepy Nephew
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Baz see when you were doing the On Freddie Roach episodes how many were there in total? I seen on the forums that it was shown on British TV over the weekend and was 6 episodes of roughly 30 mins each. I cannot remember it being that long, I thought it was 3 or 4 and can ever remember checking afterwards/ asking you if there would be a follow like a season 2 as it was top notch viewing.

1 minute trailer -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOmWbtPdJLU

1st episode full -
http://vimeo.com/35424111

If anyone has not seen it is really must watch TV. Freddie is a tough fucker and just watching it again is amazing. Guy is inspirational.
10/14/13 7:25 PM
The Mouth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pharochuck -
The Mouth - 
Barry_BondsMVP -

Arum: Bradley-Rios Possible, Bradley-Pacquiao Not Sure

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=70560#ixzz2hfZ2R34r
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rick Reeno

Thomas & Mack Center, Las Vegas - On Saturday night, WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley (31-0-1, 12KOs) boxed his way to a twelve round split decision victory over former four division world champion Juan Manuel Marquez (55-7-1, 40KOs). The scores were 115-113 for Marquez, 115-113 for Bradley, 116-112 for Bradley.

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum could see a potential fight taking place between Bradley and Brandon Rios (31-1-1, 23KOs) - if Rios is capable of beating eight division champion Manny Pacquiao (54-5-2, 38KOs) on November 23rd in Macau, China.

If Pacquiao wins, there is no guarantee that Arum would be capable of making a rematch with Bradley, who won a controversial twelve round split decision over the Filipino star in June 2012. The fight itself was not sensational and the overall financial success was lower than most of the major events involving Pacquiao in the last few years.

"Rios would fight King Kong, and so would Bradley. So if Rios beats Pacquiao - that's a logical fight to make. If Pacquiao beats Rios - I don't know whether or not that fight [between Pacquiao and Bradley] could be made. I just don't know," Arum said

Lol.

Arum needs to stop trying to make Bradley a golden boy.

He simply is not good enough. Phone Post

but in the end he keeps finding a way to get his hand raised at the end of fights

Lol. He lost to Pac. He also lost to Provodnikov and arguably lost the JMM fight yet was gifted decisions in all three.

I would hardly say HE is the one finding ways to get his hand raised. Phone Post
10/14/13 7:27 PM
pharochuck
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator

provodnikov fight was a toss up and he won the jmm fight. pac fight i felt he lost, but what incentive would anyone have to rig a fight in his favor. he doesn't draw any fans isn't colorful or have anything about him that would suggest the public is going to get behind him

10/14/13 7:32 PM
Uncle Creepy's Creepy Nephew
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mouth you should check boxrec as you must be thinking of someone else. Also arguably lost the Marquez fight? I have only heard of 2 people that thought he won. JMM was one and Nacho the other. Closer than the landslide the commentators made out but Bradley's all day. Also check out face off with MaxK...Provodnikov also disagrees with you.
10/14/13 7:35 PM
The Mouth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol. No. To both of you.

And Bob Arum does.

I hope that wasn't a serious question. Phone Post
10/14/13 10:49 PM
chadk
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bradley kinda reminds me of Orlando Canizales in some ways. He wasn't a big puncher, not the slickest boxer, not super fast and didn't really stand out in any one facet of his boxing game. But, he always came into the ring in good shape, he always had a good game plan, fought smart and although not spectacular at anything... he was solid at everything and smart enough to adjust as needed in the bout. People picked him to lose every time out and he ended up defending his title 15 times or so. Bradley isn't a mirror image but he does remind me of Canizales. Phone Post
10/15/13 4:42 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
440 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lara/Trout the co main to Paulie/Zab

Source: Showtime Boxings FB page Phone Post 3.0
10/15/13 11:32 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
440 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mayweather reveals he had a "severe tooth infection" 60 days before the Canelo fight and didn't believe he'd be able to fight. He thanks Dr Johnny Benjamin for the medicine he gave him. Phone Post 3.0
10/16/13 1:19 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
896 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I missed it, how was it KJ?

10/16/13 1:20 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
896 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - Mayweather reveals he had a "severe tooth infection" 60 days before the Canelo fight and didn't believe he'd be able to fight. He thanks Dr Johnny Benjamin for the medicine he gave him. Phone Post 3.0

all that junk food lol

10/16/13 1:29 AM
Randy Watson
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phisher - 
xsrg95 - Canelo will fight three times in 2014 according to this article http://boxscorenews.com/saul-alvarez-back-march-mexican-slams-mayweather-catchweight-but-open-p65009-68.htm

I'm excited to see his next match up. Canelo vs Cotto, Marquez, or Martinez sounds fun even if they could out box him haha

“The one thing I was taught with the Mayweather fight is never again to give any advantages away in weight, but to do my fights in my own actual division."

Sweet Jesus. Is this spoiled prat seriously whining that he only had a 15 pound advantage over his opponent in the ring? If there'd been no catchweight and he'd come into the Mayweather fight weighing when he did against Trout, he would have had 22 pounds on Floyd in the ring.

Maybe he shouldn't try to make his name off of guys who are significantly smaller than he is.

Nah, think he means he wants to go back to facing the bigger slower guys he can actually land something on....
10/16/13 1:38 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=70656#ixzz2hrPqImeA This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Malignaggi on Why He's Close To Inking With Al Haymon

By Bill Emes

Former two-division world champion Paulie Malignaggi (32-5, 7KOs) is close to becoming the last addition to the stable of powerful boxing adviser/manager Al Haymon, who has such fighters as Floyd Mayweather, Adrien Broner, Danny Garcia, Leo Santa Cruz, Chris Arreola, Victor Ortiz, Marcos Maidana, Lucas Matthysse and an army of others.

Malignaggi has long been a critic of how Haymon's fighters get a lot more money, the biggest pushes and lucrative television showcases. After getting contacted by Haymon associate Sam Watson, and having some very positive conversations, Malignaggi is poised to bring Haymon on board.

While a deal has not been signed, Malignaggi says his discussions with Team Haymon are going in the direction of finalizing a deal.

Malignaggi returns on December 7th against Zab Judah at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Showtime will televise.

"I didn’t plan on fighting again. I have a good commentating job that keeps me around boxing, that keeps me around some fun fights, so I thought 'I'm just going to do this.' Then opportunity came, especially when Sam Watson called me from Team Haymon - and they basically had an outline of what they had in mind - two, three, four fights down the line....if I can keep being successful where they can take me. It kind of opened my eyes up. I said 'if I'm going to fight, this is the alliance that I kind of want.'  I want to be associated with Team Haymon because they get their fighters the most money; they get their fighters the best fights," Malignaggi said.

"It's not a secret, Adrien Broner was the challenger in my last fight and he made more money than me. It's those things that at the end of the day when he called me - giving me the whole game plan and trying to get me to bite on it. And I thought that it sounded positive and thought 'if I continue to fight then this is the way to do it.' The competitor in you still wants to fight but you just don’t want to deal with the politics, the extracurricular stuff and working so hard and not being sure if things are going to work out for you. I felt that having that addition to my team made sense if I wanted to keep fighting."

10/16/13 1:41 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=70639#ixzz2hrQKOfLh This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Mayweather Sr: My Son Would Whip Tim Bradley's Ass!

By Chris Robinson

In the wake of his split-decision victory over Juan Manuel Marquez this past weekend in Las Vegas, WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley has seemed to gain a newfound respect from fans, the media, and his peers.

Coming off of a brutal unanimous decision win over Ruslan Provodnikov this past March, a fight in which Bradley admittedly exchanged too much for his liking, Tim changed his tactics up by boxing a determined and disciplined fight against Marquez.

And despite the cries of robbery coming from Juan and his team afterwards, the general consensus was that Bradley had boxed well enough and nullified Marquez’s offense to the point where he deserved to be the victor.

Sharing his thoughts on the fight, outspoken trainer Floyd Mayweather Sr. seemed baffled as to how judge Glenn Feldman had the contest 115-113 in favor of Marquez.

“I think all of these judges now is bullsh*t,” Mayweather Sr. said from within the Mayweather Boxing Club in Las Vegas on Monday afternoon.

“They did it when Bradley fought Pacquiao,” Mayweather Sr. added. “They did it when my son fought Alvarez. Now, they did this sh*t again with Marquez. One judge had him [winning]. That’s what I’m saying about all of these judges.”

The above-mentioned fights saw judge C.J. Ross offer up scorecards that seemed out of line, as she favored Bradley over Pacquiao 115-113 in their June 2012 clash while calling Mayweather Sr.’s son Floyd’s clear victory over Saul Alvarez last month a draw at 114-114.

“I’m not saying all of them, but I know there’s going to be some more in the makings,” Mayweather Sr. would elaborate. “It aint right.”

In September of 2009, Floyd Mayweather convincingly beat Marquez inside of the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, capturing a commanding unanimous decision victory.

Mayweather Sr. was asked if he felt Bradley was trying to follow up on Floyd’s success by implementing a similar game plan against Marquez.

“It aint no blueprint,” Mayweather Sr. insisted. “That’s an old man that has lost a lot of things that he had. Honestly, I thought that Marquez would do better. But then again, the guy’s 40 years old. You’ve got to look at it for what it is.”

Following his triumph, Bradley expressed his desire to face the best in the division, including Mayweather.

Not a wise move in Mayweather Sr.’s eyes.

“It better be in the future and he better try to make it last,” Mayweather Sr. expressed. “Because he’s still got a gap on my son. That’s a good generation gap he’s got. He’s 30 years old against a man who is six [years older] but the man who’s six years older is going to whip his ass.”

As far as any advantages he sees in Floyd’s favor, Mayweather Sr. had little trouble offering up a response.

“Everything,” he stated. “He’s faster. He’s quicker. He’s more knowledgeable. Look here, all you got to do is look who is in the corner now. My son knows what his Daddy is talking about. Tell him a little bit and it will bring out a lot.”

10/16/13 1:59 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Dyah Davis vs James DeGale set lol

Spence and Jermell Charlo both won last night

10/16/13 2:06 AM
stillmatic

Tim Bradley's MMA comparable would be Frankie Edgar. Neither punches hard or does anything too special, but have good movement and great cardio which allows them to win rounds on judges scorecards even without inflicting a ton of damage. Both are also extremely durable and can come back to win fights after taking lots of damage.

Even their career arcs have been similar in a sense. Edgar got a questionable decision over BJ like how Bradley did over Pacquiao in their biggest fights that put them in the spotlight.
10/16/13 3:58 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

KJ! - Link to that 30 for 30 "no mas" anyone? Phone Post 3.0
I'll look once I get on the computer. Very good doc Phone Post 3.0
10/16/13 6:30 PM
endochokedme
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I missed the 30 for 30 and set my dvr for a rerun of it...but the espn2 guide was off...

looking forward to Alvarado vs Provodnikov on Saturday

Barry or anyone did u watch the Golden boy fights monday night...I gotta set that on my DVR
10/16/13 7:05 PM
pharochuck
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator

that 30 for 30 was really good. they did a greta job of capturing how much animosity built up leading to the first fight. also those highlights of the 13th 14th round of the first fight were brutal. leonard underneath it all was a tough guy

10/16/13 9:38 PM
allforroy
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pharochuck -

that 30 for 30 was really good. they did a greta job of capturing how much animosity built up leading to the first fight. also those highlights of the 13th 14th round of the first fight were brutal. leonard underneath it all was a tough guy

Tough as nails. What an era. Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 12:52 AM
Fedoral Crime
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pharochuck -

Leonard took some serious shots in that fight that would of KO'd most fighters but he kept going like a champ.

Great fighter but I dont think anyone would've beat Duran that night. Mayweather, Pac, Morales nobody!

People tend to overuse the word savage sometimes (I'm talking to you Joe Rogan) but that's what Duran was. Actually he was a savage-animal! Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 12:55 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Edited: 10/17/13 12:59 AM

I missed monday's card, was still dealing with some family shit at the time.

10/17/13 12:59 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

10/17/13 1:04 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Gonzalez-Mares Rematch Appears To Be 2014 Bound

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=70683#ixzz2hx7dehzy
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Salvador Rodriguez

According to trainer Nacho Beristain, it would take a miracle for WBC featherweight champion Jhonny Gonzalez to defend his belt against Abner Mares in the coming months. Nacho indicates that there is not enough time to put the rematch together and get properly prepared for it. Gonzalez will likely, according to Nacho, defend his title in late November or December.

"It seems that there is no time to have a rematch [in 2013], but instead we'll do it in 2014. We expect Johnny to fight before the end of the year in Mexico, and then we can make that fight [with Mares] because the people want to see the second fight," said Nacho.

Back in August, Mares (26-1-1, 14KOs) suffered the first loss of his career when Gonzalez (55-8, 47KOs) scored a shocking first round stoppage before a very stunned crowd at the StubHub Center in Carson, California.

10/17/13 1:08 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=70677#ixzz2hx8d1t7W This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article

. Kirkland To Be Trained By Bob Santos, Tafralis

By Rick Reeno

BoxingScene.com has been advised that junior middleweight contender James Kirkland (31-1, 27KOs) will be trained by Bob Santos for his upcoming HBO televised fight Glen Tapia (20-0, 12KOs) on December 7th at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. Santos works with Robert Guerrero and Erislandy Lara, and previously worked with Joel Casamayor and Hector Lizarraga. Kirkland's strength and conditioning will be handled by Adam Tafralis. Kirkland, inactive since the March 2012 disqualification win over Carlos Molina, was previously trained by Ann Wolfe and later by Kenny Adams.

10/17/13 1:10 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Brook Talks Senchenko Clash, Facing Khan, More

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=70675#ixzz2hx99CfKq

Kell Brook will finally get his shot at the IBF welterweight title if he beats Ricky Hatton's conqueror Vyacheslav Senchenko in Sheffield on October 26.

Brook has been confirmed as the mandatory challenger for the winner of Devon Alexander's next defence of the title against Shawn Porter in Texas at the end of November.

The news will end a frustrating period for Brook, who was forced out of a shot at Alexander last year due to injury, but he will take nothing for granted against Senchenko.

Brook said: "It has been a very difficult time for me but the chance is coming back up and I know when I do finally get the chance I will be ready for it.

"But first up I have got to beat the guy who beat Ricky Hatton. I know I can't afford to make any mistakes and I have got to be at my best to beat him."

Alexander decided to defend against Porter after a prospective showdown with Amir Khan was scrapped with the Bolton man eyeing a potential showdown with Floyd Mayweather next year.

Irrespective of Khan's chances of getting in the ring with the unanimously regarded pound-for-pound number one, Brook believes public demand will dictate that a Brook-Khan bout will happen at some point in the future.

"I think it is a fight that needs to be made for the fans," added Brook. "I am determined to take on fights the public want to see and there is no doubt there is a big demand for that fight.

"People have been waiting a long time for it and it would pack out any arena in Britain. We need to get the fight on and I can't wait to put another loss on Khan's record."

Brook's trainer Dominic Ingle has cautioned his charge against complacency, with Senchenko underlining his threat with his one-punch knockout of Hatton in the ninth round of their fight in November last year.

The Ukrainian has fought once since, a fourth-round stoppage of Carlos Jerez in Donetsk in August, and is clearly up for the challenge of derailing the best-laid plans of another big-name Briton.

Ingle said: "There is no such thing as a routine assignment for Kell. He has had plenty of problems in the past and he has got to put them all behind him.

"Senchenko is a former world champion, he has one loss on his record and he has beaten Ricky Hatton. Anyone who thinks this is a routine fight is very much mistaken.

"But if you want to become world champion you have got to take the chances that come along.

"He could have had an easy fight, he wanted to be tested and this guy is arguably the best kid Kell will have boxed."

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.