UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

12/2/13 6:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_Kar-ianMVP
875 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));

GP with another great promo video.

12/3/13 12:55 AM
Fedoral Crime
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_Kar-ianMVP -

Mayweather said he'd like to finalize his next opponent by next week. I wouldn't mind seeing, Floyd/Khan, Bradley/Manny II, winners facing each other, that's if Bob isn't scared.

Yeah that's how I'd like to see it play out too.

Why is Slob Arum dragging this out so much? Is it solely because of GB or is there other reasons like building a new stadium lol.

He's such a slimy prick but Manny needs to leave once his contract is up (I think he only has 1 fight left doesn't he?)

Even though it won't feel as big of a fight then it would've back in 09/10, it's still by far the biggest fight in boxing and more competitive then a lot of people think IMO. Phone Post 3.0
12/3/13 1:00 AM
KFP49
893 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedoral Crime - 
Barry_Kar-ianMVP -

Mayweather said he'd like to finalize his next opponent by next week. I wouldn't mind seeing, Floyd/Khan, Bradley/Manny II, winners facing each other, that's if Bob isn't scared.

Why is Slob Arum dragging this out so much? Is it solely because of GB or is there other reasons like building a new stadium lol.

He's such a slimy prick but Manny needs to leave once his contract is up (I think he only has 1 fight left doesn't he?)

Even though it won't feel as big of a fight then it would've back in 09/10, it's still by far the biggest fight in boxing and more competitive then a lot of people think IMO. Phone Post 3.0

I would be utterly shocked if Pac left Arum.  He most certainly should leave that slimy prick, but I just don't see it happening.

12/3/13 1:18 AM
MarkRobinson
1281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like that plan, Barry.

Mayweather V Pacquiao is still just as stylistically interesting as it's ever been. Phone Post 3.0
12/3/13 1:46 AM
Barry_Kar-ianMVP
875 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedoral Crime - 
Barry_Kar-ianMVP -

several factors, he doesn't like GB or Floyd, he wants to control things.

I just can't see Manny leaving now, since he's been this loyal. Wish he would be smart and leave.

12/3/13 1:46 AM
Barry_Kar-ianMVP

thanks Mark, it still is an interesting fight.

12/3/13 9:39 AM
Tomato Can
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarkRobinson - I like that plan, Barry.

Mayweather V Pacquiao is still just as stylistically interesting as it's ever been. Phone Post 3.0

I don't really think it is. At this point I think we have sufficient evidence to say that Floyd would absolutely dominate Manny. And this comes from someone who would be rooting hard for Manny if it happened.
12/3/13 11:51 AM
GSP'issedinyourmouth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_Kar-ianMVP -

Been saying this since they announced the Rios fight.

Pbf gets a KO. Pac bests Bradley handedly... We're back to that being a must happen. Phone Post 3.0
12/3/13 2:35 PM
Barry_Kar-ianMVP

that would be nice GSP, would love to see it.

12/3/13 2:36 PM
Barry_Kar-ianMVP

been some rumors going around the Magomed passed away, but someone came forward and dubunked it.

12/3/13 2:45 PM
Tomato Can
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why would anyone want to see Floyd/Khan? Khan barely beat Julio Diaz for fuck's sake. If Floyd's gonna fight a 140 pounder at least make it the #1 guy there, Garcia.
12/3/13 3:21 PM
Barry_Kar-ianMVP

they wont throw Garcia at Floyd Tomato, they want to build him up...plus they are both Haymon guys.

12/3/13 3:21 PM
Barry_Kar-ianMVP

Gennady Golovkin to face fringe contender Osumanu Adama on February 1st in Monte Carlo

12/3/13 3:31 PM
Tomato Can

Lame stay-busy fight for Golovkin. Not as bad as Ishida, thankfully.
12/3/13 5:08 PM
GSP'issedinyourmouth

Tomato Can - Why would anyone want to see Floyd/Khan? Khan barely beat Julio Diaz for fuck's sake. If Floyd's gonna fight a 140 pounder at least make it the #1 guy there, Garcia.
They don't.

Just like no one wants to see Pac and Bradley.

It's a build with two impressive back to back wins from both Pbf and Pac. Phone Post 3.0
12/3/13 5:27 PM
Tomato Can

At least Pac/Bradley II makes some sense, as does Pac/Marquez V.

Floyd/Khan makes NO sense.
12/3/13 6:44 PM
Barry_Kar-ianMVP

Tebow For President - 
Barry_Kar-ianMVP - 

Gennady Golovkin to face fringe contender Osumanu Adama on February 1st in Monte Carlo

What happened to Martin Murray? It can't be a money issue since GGG is probably the biggest lowest paid star in the sport.

This is the downside of being one of the most feared.

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/256269.html
12/3/13 6:48 PM
GSP'issedinyourmouth

Tomato Can - At least Pac/Bradley II makes some sense, as does Pac/Marquez V.

Floyd/Khan makes NO sense.

Yes it does.

The public has been crying about a PBF KO since Hatton.

12/3/13 7:04 PM
Barry_Kar-ianMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=72327#ixzz2mSZPBTDE This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Jones Jr. Faces Benmakhlouf on Dec. 21 in Moscow

PENSACOLA, Fla. - Square Ring Promotions and Hrunov Promotions announced today that Roy Jones, Jr. (56-9, 40 KO’s) would be back in the ring on December 21, 2013 in Moscow, Russia in a 12 round WBU Cruiserweight title fight against Frenchman Zine Eddine Benmakhlouf  (17-3-1, 8 KO’s).

“Roy is excited to be coming back to Russia to fight, and we are very happy that we were able to put this together so quickly with our good friend and partner Vlad Hrunov,” said John Wirt, CEO of Square Ring Promotions.  “We are disappointed that the fight with Bobby Gunn didn’t happen, but there were just too many loose ends, and it was taking far too long. Vlad came forward and closed the deal on Monday.  We have a longstanding relationship with him and his team and knew that he could make it happen.”

“I told Bobby that I would fight him.  I meant it then and mean it now,” said Roy Jones.  “On Saturday, John told me that they were still trying to make changes to the contract, but that he could make a deal with Vlad, so I told him that the first one to close a deal was where I was gonna go and Russia won.  That’s why we’re calling this fight ‘Winner Take All.’”

“This is my early Christmas present to all Russian boxing fans,” said Vlad Hrunov.  “Most Americans don’t realize how much Roy is loved here in Russia—he’s bigger than Ali or Tyson.  Russian fans want to root for Roy—that’s why I picked a foreign opponent for him.  December 21 is going to be a huge Christmas party and a great night of boxing.”

“I encouraged Roy to take the fight in Russia,” said McGee Wright, Jones’ longtime manager.  “We have been developing the Russian market for the past couple of years and it was the perfect time for Roy to fight there again.  It’s always a pleasure to visit, and we are looking forward to another RJJ classic!”

12/3/13 7:10 PM
Barry_Kar-ianMVP

Ricky Burns-Terence Crawford Goes to Purse Bid

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=72301#ixzz2mSaxV0rh
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

by David P. Greisman

A purse bid has been scheduled for the potential fight between World Boxing Organization lightweight titleholder Ricky Burns and mandatory challenger Terence Crawford, according to a Monday posting on the WBO website.

The purse bid will be held on the morning of Monday, Dec. 9, at the WBO’s headquarters in Puerto Rico. The minimum bid is $150,000.

Under the sanctioning body’s regulations, Burns would be entitled to 75 percent of the winning bid, while Crawford would get 25 percent.

That’s if the bout is held in the United Kingdom, where Burns is from. Under WBO rules, the split becomes 80-20 “in fights for the title held in any other country” than where the titleholder lives or is from.

Burns, 30, has had a tough year; he beat Jose Gonzalez in May in a difficult fight, and he suffered a broken jaw in a draw with Ray Beltran in September.

Burns’ promoter, Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Boxing, has spoken of his interest in seeking the WBO’s approval for a Beltran rematch. Beltran and Crawford are promoted by Top Rank.

Burns is 36-2-1 with 11 knockouts. Crawford, 26, is 22-0 (16 KOs). Beltran, 32, is 28-6-1 (17 KOs).

12/3/13 7:13 PM
Barry_Kar-ianMVP

Apparently Toney is fighting Manuel Charr Dec. 20th lol

12/3/13 7:38 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
446 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/03/13 7:44 PM

Interesting video, though I know Barry will disagree.

I also heard that Espinoza was planning on reaching out to Arum about Mayweather vs Pacquiao.  Bernstein also said there's a 50% chance of May/Pac happening. Lots of activity on Showtime's behalf and reason for optimism.

If it happens now, I'll actually be kinda annoyed lol. Floyd will have given Pacquiao the same treatment he gave Mosley and Cotto. 

I'd still watch.

12/3/13 7:45 PM
PoundforPound
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sergio Martinez' promoter came out and laughed at the rumor of $15 million for the Cotto fight. Seems that figure is BS (although they are trying to put the bout together.)

12/3/13 9:21 PM
Barry_Kar-ianMVP

thanks for the video that, although I didn't watch, I can't stand Skip Bayless.

12/3/13 9:25 PM
The Lord of Storms
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i had posted about 4 pages back to recommend me some good boxing sites and i ventured out to find some i found
http://www.reddit.com/r/letusbang for links and stuff
http://www.reddit.com/r/boxing for info
boxingscene.com

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.