UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

12/4/12 9:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GayGuardMooseSaucy
445 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor never pulled a million. 750K was his peak. 1 million for a guy most had never heard of and a legend who's better days are behind him are pretty good Phone Post
12/4/12 9:50 PM
God Bless Tim Tebow
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The most important thing about this rating is that Showtime is now legitimate competition to HBO again.

In the long haul this will be terrific for boxing.
12/5/12 12:41 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
894 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8712344/gennady-golovkin-defense-vs-gabriel-rosado-all-set-tripleheader-madison-square-garden Triple Header Set.
12/5/12 1:47 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
894 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Gratland Presents-Peter 'Kid Chocolate' Quillin

12/5/12 4:51 AM
CompanyBlue
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy -  Fedor never pulled a million. 750K was his peak. 1 million for a guy most had never heard of and a legend who's better days are behind him are pretty good Phone Post

Are you calling Miguel Cotto a legend?

He's made a lot of money but my oh my...
12/5/12 7:58 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Edited: 12/05/12 7:58 PM

Arum will shut this down by tomorrow lol

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=60104#ixzz2EEG0Dvf7 This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rick Reeno

According to Manny Pacquiao (58-4-2, 38KOs), he is still very much interested in a super-fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr. (43-0, 26KOs). This Saturday night at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Pacquiao will face Juan Manuel Marquez for a fourth time. If Pacquiao is able to beat Marquez, he hopes to land Mayweather in 2013. Pacquiao has already outlined his position of taking less money, with a monetary split of 55-45 in Mayweather's favor.

Besides the split of 55-45, Pacquiao will agree to whatever terms Mayweather requests. "I already announced everything that they wanted. I'm just waiting for the answer [from Mayweather]. It's up to him," Pacquiao said. "That's a big fight that the fans are waiting for and you guys [too]. They are really waiting to see that fight, and that's why I said that I'm okay with 55-45 just to make the fight happen...whatever he wants....drug testing....the rules and regulations...whatever he wants...no problem."

Pacquiao is now involved with rapper turned boxing promoter 50 Cent - who up until a few months ago was regarding as Mayweather's closest friend. Pacquiao says there are no discussions with 50 Cent regarding a potential Mayweather fight, but the two of them are discussing the possibility of co-promoting fighters. "50 Cent is a good guy, but we are not talking about Floyd. We are talking about other business," Pacquiao said.

12/5/12 8:03 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=60102 Fifty talks the problems he sees in Boxing.
12/5/12 8:07 PM
Chris27

When Manny loses on Sat Manny, Floyd, Arum, Golden Boy are all gonna regret not making the biggest fight in fighting history. They will all take that to their graves.

Actually I take that back, once Manny loses thats when they will make the fight, Floyd wont be scared anymore and will want the fight and Arum wont be stubborn because he knows Manny lost alot of stock and will probably retire soon so he will want that one last payday even if it wont be as big as it could have been two years ago.
12/5/12 8:10 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Edited: 12/05/12 8:11 PM

Everything was going great until the day before Knievel's jump, when vendors abruptly raised the price of beer. The crowd of more than 15,000 that had gathered near the canyon's rim became unruly. Stands were looted, and people charged the television trucks. Alarmed, Arum assigned two Native Americans working on his staff to serve as scouts -- yes, scouts -- to bring back reports of what was going on in the crowd.

As the unrest increased, so did Arum's uneasiness. Finally, at 3 a.m., Arum had seen enough. He went into one of the trailers organizers had parked on the site and, he says, snorted a small packet of cocaine. When he emerged, he says, he ordered his security staff, already armed with handguns, to shoot into the crowd. "Thank God they didn't listen to me," says Arum. "My life might have turned out totally different." Of course, different is just the word to describe Arum's life.

This is a man, after all, who felt the need to be smuggled out of Germany and into Switzerland after the Ali-Richard Dunn fight in Munich in 1976 to avoid a lawsuit. This is a man who says he once partied with Ali in Mexico and watched as the boxer took six women up to his room while Arum took one.

A few hours later, Arum says, Ali's adviser, John Ali, came to his door and said Muhammad wanted his girl, too. This, finally, is a man who married his second wife, Sybil, because he read Shogun and "decided I wanted to marry a Japanese broad."

lol at this guy, article on him from SI http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/chris_mannix/12/05/bob-arum-bonus/index.html#ixzz2EDhYinH4

12/5/12 8:12 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Todd DuBoef said Manny's payday could reach to 30 million.

12/5/12 8:13 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Pacquiao's guarantee on the Nevada Athletic Commission contract is $8.595 million, executive director Keith Kizer said Wednesday. Marquez will earn a guarantee of $3 million. But pay-per-view boxers like Pacquiao and Marquez earn much more than their guarantees.
12/5/12 8:15 PM
Chris27

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Todd DuBoef said Manny's payday could reach to 30 million.

If he fought Floyd that would probably double, maybe more.

What do you think they would each make if they fought Barry?

60 to 70 mill is my guess.

12/5/12 8:33 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

he made $32 million guaranteed for Cotto, and about $25 million against Ortiz...yea I could see Floyd making close to $80 million when it's all said and done, and Manny about 50-60 lol. Crazy.

12/5/12 9:02 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
445 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CompanyBlue -
GayGuardMooseSaucy -  Fedor never pulled a million. 750K was his peak. 1 million for a guy most had never heard of and a legend who's better days are behind him are pretty good Phone Post

Are you calling Miguel Cotto a legend?

He's made a lot of money but my oh my...
Maybe legend could be debated but a future hall of famer yes. Phone Post
12/5/12 9:06 PM
Spoonie Luv

Sub Phone Post
12/5/12 11:31 PM
Chris27

Floyd is saying he is gonna fight May 4th and Sept 14th.

Possibly Floyd/Canelo Fight on May 4th, big fight.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/12/5/3733806/floyd-mayweather-next-fight-may-4-2013-september-14-two-fights-hbo-boxing-news

Floyd Mayweather has told his team he'll be fighting twice in 2013, according to Leonard Ellerbe in a report at ESPN.com, and has his two dates selected already: May 4 and September 14, the two annual huge boxing weekends in the U.S. and Mexico.

"Mayweather Promotions is looking forward to these two gigantic Floyd Mayweather events in 2013, and we are in ongoing discussions with our promotional partner, Richard Schaefer (chief executive of Golden Boy Promotions) in finalizing the opponent and other aspects of the upcoming promotion."

Mayweather (43-0, 26 KO) last fought on May 5, beating Miguel Cotto over 12 rounds in Las Vegas. Canelo Alvarez recently said that Mayweather wanted to fight in February, but this news may open up the idea of Mayweather facing Canelo on May 4. Alvarez also wants that fight date, and Golden Boy wants to give it to him.

That would also mean -- unless something really huge in the U.S. TV industry goes down -- that Alvarez would be back working with HBO, after he had a successful September fight on Showtime. Most figured that the proposed Canelo vs Cotto fight on May 4 would be a Showtime pay-per-view event, but Mayweather has repeatedly stated a loyalty to HBO, the bigger of the two major boxing broadcasters, though that gap seems to be closing more and more.

If he does not fight Canelo, Floyd would most likely be fighting Robert Guerrero, who recently was impressive in a win over Andre Berto. That could put Golden Boy in a bind with Canelo, or they could just go for the gusto and put Mayweather and Canelo on the same PPV broadcast in different fights, and hope to set up a mega-fight for September. That would make a lot of sense, and would be a ballsy move by GBP, as they would be leaving some money on the table combining the two now that Canelo can carry a show without Mayweather. (Not to the same degree, mind you, but money is left on the table there.)

If Canelo doesn't get Floyd, it seems his next opponent could be Austin Trout, who just defeated Cotto this past Saturday, and was called a "great choice" by Canelo after that.

12/6/12 12:19 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

I see Guerrero in one of those fights.

12/6/12 2:39 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Ward injured his shoulder, looks like the fight with Pavlik will be postponed.

12/6/12 2:56 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Rios talks challenge from Bradley

http://www.boxingscene.com/rios-jabs-bradley-challenge-eyes-pacquiao-marquez--60123
12/6/12 2:59 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

rumors from Steve Forbe saying Cotto is in Mexico, signing to fight Canelo lol...

12/6/12 2:39 PM
God Bless Tim Tebow
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

rumors from Steve Forbe saying Cotto is in Mexico, signing to fight Canelo lol...

Hahaha, that quick? Cotto wants that big paycheck lol. Phone Post
12/6/12 5:22 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol, might as well get paid while he's still worth something.

12/6/12 8:01 PM
pharochuck
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
God Bless Tim Tebow - 
Barry_BondsMVP -

Hahaha, that quick? Cotto wants that big paycheck lol. Phone Post

if he went from let me reflect on my future to days later signing to fight canelo, then he's pretty much done. this sounds like one big money fight to walk off with

12/6/12 8:08 PM
Chomas
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Ward injured his shoulder, looks like the fight with Pavlik will be postponed.

Ahh that blows big time I was looking forward to this fight more than almost all the fights coming up.

12/6/12 9:01 PM
Chomas
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tonight on ESPN2 at 10PM EST

lightweight bout featuring:

Raymundo Beltran vs. Ji-Hoon Kim

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.