UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

12/10/13 6:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
813 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IRS is going after Manny for $18 million, I wish Manny would finally let go of Bob and Koncz

12/10/13 6:10 PM
zackthewop
314 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache -
Tomato Can - I don't see how anyone could possibly say Mayweather doesn't deserve it and then mention Timothy Bradley. That is rubbish. Both were 2-0 but Floyd's opponents were clearly superior and he won in vastly more dominant fashion.

Kovalev has zero argument either. I'm not sure he even beat a single top 10 guy, let alone anyone truly elite.

JMM>>>>>>>> Canelo or RG.
Yep and Bradley completely dominated him. Phone Post 3.0
12/10/13 6:18 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
813 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=72607#ixzz2n7Jbbu1F
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By TMZ

Manny Pacquiao's financial problems are starting to build up. He now has a bill of $18 million dollars ... in addition to his $50 million dollar tax fight in the Philippines ... and this time, it's Uncle Sam that's trying to force Manny to pay up.

TMZ Sports has obtained official documents which show the IRS claims Manny owes the government millions in federal income taxes from 2006 to 2010 ... totaling $18,313,668.79 in debt.

Here's the yearly breakdown:

2006 -- $1,160,324.30
2007 -- $2,035,992.50
2008 -- $2,862,437.11
2009 -- $8,022,915.87
2010 -- $4,231,999.01

Interesting note -- Manny had 3 big fights in 2008, including a match against Oscar De La Hoya in which MP reportedly banked $15-$30 million in guaranteed cash.

In 2009, Manny famously fought Ricky Hatton and Miguel Cotto.

Manny's U.S. tax problems come on the heels of a nasty tax war in his home country, the Philippines ... where the goverment claims he evaded paying $50 million in taxes in 2008 and 2009 stemming from fights that took place in the United States.

Philippines officials have frozen the bank accounts Manny has in the country ... and even placed a lien on one of his most expensive properties, located in Manila.

We reached out to Manny's camp -- so far no word back.

12/10/13 6:21 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I like this fight.

Szpilka Promises To Beat Down Bryant Jennings at MSG

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=72604#ixzz2n7KHc9G3
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Luke Furman

Undefeated Polish heavyweight Artur Szpilka (16-0, 12 KOs) has promised to have a coming out party against Bryant Jennings (17-0, 9 KOs) on January 25th at The Theater in Madison Square Garden. Szpilka plans to repeat history, by shocking the experts in a similar fashion to fellow Pole Andrew Golota, who beat up Riddick Bowe in an HBO televised fight in 1996, which also took place at the same venue in New York. Golota, although, was disqualified in the ninth while leading on all three of the official cards.

"For a long time I was waiting for a fight like this. Now I finally have the opportunity to show that I'm the heavyweight hope. I'll show him the Polish force. The fight on HBO could open the door for me to walk across the ocean. History will repeat itself. Many years ago in exactly the same place the hope of America boxed with the hope of the Poles. I believe, however, that in contrast to Andrew I will manage to break the American and give the [Poles] a reason to be proud. If you can not beat Jennings inside the distance, I will beat him up for twelve rounds. I know that in the eyes of many experts, I'm not the favorite. For me and for my coach I'm the better fighter and I will not leave without a win in January, there is no doubt," Szpilka

12/10/13 6:23 PM
KFP49
1092 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

IRS is going after Manny for $18 million, I wish Manny would finally let go of Bob and Koncz

They'll ditch him after he's washed up and they've left him with nothing. Bunch of leaches. Manny is too damn loyal for his own good. Phone Post 3.0
12/10/13 6:25 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

KFP49 - 
Barry_BondsMVP -

They'll ditch him after he's washed up and they've left him with nothing. Bunch of leaches. Manny is too damn loyal for his own good. Phone Post 3.0

I agree bro, I feel for Manny. All that hard work and him being a nice guy, it's going to get him broke.  He should just break away from Arum, and fight Floyd for a huge pay day and call it quits.

12/10/13 6:27 PM
tbi0904
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's also a very common boxing story. Phone Post 3.0
12/10/13 6:28 PM
pharochuck
321 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Barry_BondsMVP - 

word is, manny is so oblivious to finances that he's literally been robbed blind and has nothing put away for retirement. he's going to leave boxing with the same amount of money he came in with unless he does something pretty dramatic with his last few fights. smartest thing he could do is immediately dismiss arum and his advisors, sit down with haymon and floyd by himself and take a 30-40 million dollar check written out to him and then he pay arum and koncz whatever percentage they are obligated by contract and bank the rest in an account that only he has access to. he's like mike tyson as long as when one of his girlfriends wants a car or jewelry and his advisors pay for it he is fine not actually wondering how much did he, after the hype and 'projected figures' settle, actually get deposited into his account and how much are they paying themsleves to advise him and manage him and how much is arum charging him to promote him and how many bad investments that they are shareholders on so they put his money into.

12/10/13 6:33 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

nice post Pharo, it is a shitty situation for him. All that hard work, blood, sweat and tears, it could all be possibly taken away.

12/10/13 6:37 PM
HenryO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomato Can - 
HenryO - 
Tomato Can - Floyd should walk away with it. I honestly don't think anyone else comes particularly close this year.

Adonis finished and beatdown guys like Dawson and Cloud

Sure FLoyds impressive but hes never finishing.

Guys like Golovkin and Adonis were way more impressive in my opinion. Also fought against similar comp as FLoyd and had 4 fights

I understand the argument for Stevenson, but I just do not think his opponents were on the level of Floyd's. He gets bonus points for fighting 4 times during the calendar year, but Darnell Boone is a bum, Cloud and Bellew are distinctly B-list, and Dawson, while still a top fighter, was coming off a horrible loss to Andre Ward where he was dominated and KO'd.

Mayweather thoroughly dominated the #1 LMW and a WW that was probably in the #3-5 range. I don't think anyone can match those 2 wins, IMO.

IF CLoud is distinctly B list then so Is Guerrero.

Id rather have a win over someone who struggled with Hopkins then someone who struggled with Berto. But its different weightclasses and obviously hard to compare.

But ya Adonis or Golovkin for me, I like my fights to be entertaining
12/10/13 6:38 PM
HenryO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache - May's fights were both snoozers. I know that doesn't matter but I will vote for someone else because of it.

Entertaining fights are all anyone ever talks about in boxing. Until it comes to Floyd
12/10/13 7:25 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Magomed is improving.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/10112259/injured-magomed-abdusalamov-shows-improvement-set-come-intensive-care
12/10/13 7:28 PM
KFP49
1092 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With Manny having tax problems here and in the US, you would think he would realize that his financial advisor is doing a pretty shitty job and fire that scum. Either Manny is really dumb or Koncz has some serious blackmail. I mean loyalty should only go so far. When do you start to realize that these people are taking advantage of you? Phone Post 3.0
12/10/13 7:54 PM
PoundforPound
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/10/13 8:03 PM
Arum and/or Koncz for sure are screwing Manny when it comes to his money. I understand that he might not feel knowledgeable enough to handle his finances but he is far too trusting of those snakes.
12/10/13 10:38 PM
Tomato Can
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HenryO - 
Tomato Can - 
HenryO - 
Tomato Can - Floyd should walk away with it. I honestly don't think anyone else comes particularly close this year.

Adonis finished and beatdown guys like Dawson and Cloud

Sure FLoyds impressive but hes never finishing.

Guys like Golovkin and Adonis were way more impressive in my opinion. Also fought against similar comp as FLoyd and had 4 fights

I understand the argument for Stevenson, but I just do not think his opponents were on the level of Floyd's. He gets bonus points for fighting 4 times during the calendar year, but Darnell Boone is a bum, Cloud and Bellew are distinctly B-list, and Dawson, while still a top fighter, was coming off a horrible loss to Andre Ward where he was dominated and KO'd.

Mayweather thoroughly dominated the #1 LMW and a WW that was probably in the #3-5 range. I don't think anyone can match those 2 wins, IMO.

IF CLoud is distinctly B list then so Is Guerrero.

Id rather have a win over someone who struggled with Hopkins then someone who struggled with Berto. But its different weightclasses and obviously hard to compare.

But ya Adonis or Golovkin for me, I like my fights to be entertaining

Absolutely not. Cloud is a lot worse than Guerrero. Cloud basically had 2 good wins several years ago and never did anything else impressive ever again. His best win in the 3 years preceding the Stevenson fight was Yusaf Mack. That's pathetic for a supposed "elite" opponent. Guerrero was coming off 4 straight increasingly impressive performances against quality opposition.

There is zero argument for Golovkin. You cannot be FOTY when your toughest opponent was a borderline top 10 guy. That is ridiculous.
12/10/13 10:41 PM
Tomato Can
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I also have no idea what you're trying to say with your Hopkins/Berto comparison. Cloud clearly lost to Hopkins. Guerrero clearly beat Berto.
12/10/13 10:50 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Cloud should of lost to Campillo, got a gift.

12/10/13 11:08 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

@stevemaxboxing 10h
Im hearing if Cotto chooses to face Martinez, it'll be Canelo vs Carlos Molina on March 8th. Who buys that PPV?

12/10/13 11:27 PM
Tomato Can

Barry_BondsMVP - 

Cloud should of lost to Campillo, got a gift.

TRUTH
12/11/13 12:43 AM
Randy Watson
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Same Campillo who got finished in 3 by Kovalev.

Arum claims he paid all Manny's taxes for his fights in the US. But in his own words, "Yesterday I was lying, today I am telling the truth".

Sad for Manny, he's a good guy who has the wrong people around him.

Anyone see the ringside Prince Naseem interview after the Froch/Groves fight ? That is one guy who has enjoyed his retirement. I think the guy they interviewed ate the original Naseem Hamed.
12/11/13 9:38 AM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - 

@stevemaxboxing 10h
Im hearing if Cotto chooses to face Martinez, it'll be Canelo vs Carlos Molina on March 8th. Who buys that PPV?

Carlos Molina? again?
What kind of dirt does this guy have on the suits?
Seriously this guy is awful to watch. I honestly think he is the worst watch in the sport.
12/11/13 10:01 AM
Tomato Can

Molina can be awful to watch but I do have some respect for him. Dude has no power and isn't any sort of masterful slick boxer either, but somehow he's leveraged his limited talents into enough wins to be a top 5 fighter in his weight class. Not to mention he gave Erislandy Lara the toughest fight of his career.
12/11/13 10:55 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
513 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why can't we get Lara/Canelo?

And holy shit @ Manny's tax problems. It's one thing to owe the Philippines but Murica' treats tax evasion like murder. Arum is a true piece of shit Phone Post 3.0
12/11/13 10:59 AM
chadk
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Randy Watson brought up what I came here to post, which is that Bob Arum is on record stating the HE paid off ALL TAXES DUE by Manny before giving Manny his cut. He's said this. Now, Arum is many things but "stupid" isn't one of them. Dude graduated from Harvard Law (with Honors) and was a Dept of Justice attorney for awhile too. This is getting interesting. Phone Post 3.0
12/11/13 11:22 AM
microMx
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - Why can't we get Lara/Canelo?

And holy shit @ Manny's tax problems. It's one thing to owe the Philippines but Murica' treats tax evasion like murder. Arum is a true piece of shit Phone Post 3.0

because Canelo would never take that fight, or Televisa wouldn't allow it.

It would be the same as Mayweather fight, but Lara has more power.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.