UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

12/11/13 12:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
pharochuck
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
chadk - Randy Watson brought up what I came here to post, which is that Bob Arum is on record stating the HE paid off ALL TAXES DUE by Manny before giving Manny his cut. He's said this. Now, Arum is many things but "stupid" isn't one of them. Dude graduated from Harvard Law (with Honors) and was a Dept of Justice attorney for awhile too. This is getting interesting. Phone Post 3.0
The catch is, arum was telling the Philippines that manny doesn't owe them because he paid American taxes for manny and they demanded proof and been hounding manny for several years and arum has been stalling and saying these things take time to get the documents blah blah. And now evidence is coming out from the American side that he didn't pay the taxes. He's not stupid and in the end it will all fall back on manny and arum and everyone will walk away. Manny is at the end of the road and they've made nearly all the money they are going make off of him Phone Post 3.0
12/11/13 6:59 PM
KFP49
969 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Could we see Pacquiao vs Mayweather on May 3rd? I highly doubt it.  Still nice to see Floyd even being open to the possibility though.

12/11/13 8:07 PM
PoundforPound
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/11/13 8:15 PM
Arum definitely isn't stupid. If someone is going to end up holding the bag it won't be him.
12/11/13 9:36 PM
MMA Playwright
791 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just came across this and had never seen it before. Did you guys see this quote from Freddie Roach a year ago:

"For more than a decade, he has trained pound-for-pound great Manny Pacquiao. He speaks fondly of the first time the Filipino great walked through the doors of his Wild Card Gym and engaged in a mercurial session with him on the pads. Few fighters have come close to replicating the feeling Roach got working with the Pinoy idol and his gifts in the ring.

That is, until the trainer met Guillermo Rigondeaux.

"He's the best counterpuncher I've ever seen," Roach said of Rigondeaux, speaking by phone from his gym in Los Angeles. "When I did the pads with him, I simply could not get through his defense. I tried. I couldn't, though.

"On his first day in the gym, he wanted to spar with Manny Pacquiao," Roach laughed. "I didn't allow it. I don't want Manny getting that kind of work in sparring. Manny is a bit big for him, but he's an offensive guy and with countering like that, he was more work than I needed.

"He's one of the greatest talents I've ever seen," Roach said of Rigo.

Then the trainer pauses, considering his words.

"Probably the greatest talent.""

http://espn.go.com/espn/print?id=8016473&type=story
12/11/13 11:24 PM
Randy Watson
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoundforPound - Arum definitely isn't stupid. If someone is going to end up holding the bag it won't be him.

Indeed. I am suprised Pedro Fernandez at Ringtalk.com has not jumped on this. It's the sort of thing he revels in reporting and he is not very fond of Arum.... to put it politely.
12/12/13 6:57 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
850 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yea my buddy told me about Rigondeaux and Roach on the mitts. I also heard he works over welter weights in sparring.

12/12/13 5:39 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You don't win 2 Olympic Golds and 2 Amateur Golds unless you're incredibly talented. Phone Post 3.0
12/12/13 7:24 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
850 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Provodnikov Chases Marquez, Says It’s a 50/50 Fight

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=72673#ixzz2nJH8Q3p5
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Alexey Sukachev

Fresh off his memorial battle and a nasty win over Mile High Mike Alvarado, the Siberian Rocky Ruslan Provodnikov (23-2, 16 KOs), a newly crowned WBO light welterweight champion, is looking for bigger options. One man, who is particularly on the radar is a legendary four-division world champion Juan Manuel Marquez (55-7-1, 40 KOs), who himself wants a rematch to be activated against WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley, one who has defeated Provodnikov in one of this year’s brightest collisions.

“I don't know why Marquez would rather retire than fight me in a big pay per view fight.. I think him and I are a 50-50 fight,” Provodnikov said.

12/12/13 7:26 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Jackson Brothers Draw High Ratings in Argentina

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=72677#ixzz2nJHlKZ3y
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Andres Sulaimov, Notifight.com

This past Saturday (December 7) in a Sampson Boxing and Tello Box promoted show held at the La Boutique Stadium in Cordoba, Argentina, the group of U.S. Virgin Islands-based fighters known as "The Hawk's Flock," the sons and nephew of the legendary former world middleweight champion Julian "The Hawk" Jackson, surpassed all expectations and set a new record for boxing TV viewership ratings in Argentina.

Saturday's show, which featured five interesting bouts, was topped by Julian's son and WBC #6 super welterweight contender John "Da Rock" Jackson (18-1-15 KO's) scoring an eighth-round stoppage victory over veteran Jorge "El Chino" Miranda (51-16- with 20 KO's).

In the evening's co-feature, Julian's other son, WBC #6, WBA #14, and IBF #15-rated super middleweight Julius "The Chef" Jackson (17-0 13 KO's) won the WBA FEDEBOL Super Middleweight Championship with a ninth-round stoppage of previously undefeated Nicolas Lopez (10-0-4 KO's).

Not achieving the same results was nephew Samuel Rogers, who dropped a close 10-round decision to Carlos Adam "El Malevo" Jerez for the WBA FEDEBOL Middleweight Title.

All three Argentinean opponents are sparring mates of Argentine World Middleweight Champion Sergio "Maravilla" Martinez.

The broadcast did tremendously well in the ratings in spite of the anonymity of the Islanders in Argentina, having previously fought in their native land USA, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Panama and Uruguay.

The event was televised to all of South America and North America by Argentine cable giant TyC Sport as part of its Boxeo de Primera series. Noting that in Argentina the ratings are only measured by the viewership of the greater Buenos Aires area a 1.08 rating was achieved, which during the five-hour event peaked to an unbelievable 1.36.

The event also drew a large number of fans to the outdoor La Boutique Stadium in Cordoba, despite the threat of showers.

12/12/13 10:58 PM
HenryO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cant miss card this weekend

Broner/Maidana and Thurman/Soto Karass
12/12/13 11:18 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Santa Cruz as well Henry...Jermaine Taylor is on the undercard.

can't remember if I posted this, but looks like Roy Jones vs James Toney II on the 21st lol.

12/12/13 11:27 PM
Fedoral Crime
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

can't remember if I posted this, but looks like Roy Jones vs James Toney II on the 21st lol.

What??? The 21st of when?

I thought RJ was fighting some Russian or Ukrainian guy.

Wasn't there meant to be an All Access for Broner vs Maidana? Phone Post 3.0
12/13/13 12:02 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedoral Crime -
Barry_BondsMVP -

What??? The 21st of when?

I thought RJ was fighting some Russian or Ukrainian guy.

Wasn't there meant to be an All Access for Broner vs Maidana? Phone Post 3.0
They had it on before Zab Paulie and after. Episode 2 airs today at 10est on ShoXtreme. Phone Post 3.0
12/13/13 2:44 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

check a few pages back Fedoral, I posted the first episode. 

I'm hearing they're trying to negotiate Toney vs Roy this month in Russia lol

12/13/13 3:41 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

there's news going around that Manny is flying to Vegas to sit down with Floyd...hope it's true, Manny deserves a big pay day, without Bob and Cuntz.

12/13/13 4:17 AM
MarkRobinson
1324 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder how much money Floyd would let Manny walk away with.

He's got to feel like he's pulling even more of the card since manny stock as dropped a bit.

I can't see him agreeing to manny getting more than 15-20 mil. What did Canelo get, 12 million? Phone Post 3.0
12/13/13 7:10 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

It's still the fight everyone wanted to see. 70-30 split or something like that. Fight does over 2 million ppv buys, Manny walks away with enough to at least get straight with Uncle Sam. Mayweather would be guaranteed in the 30s-40s, Pacquiao in the 20s IMO. Phone Post 3.0
12/13/13 12:25 PM
MMA Playwright
791 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I'll pay your taxes off, you fall in 3. Deal?"

^JUST KIDDING!
12/13/13 1:32 PM
KFP49
969 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

there's news going around that Manny is flying to Vegas to sit down with Floyd...hope it's true, Manny deserves a big pay day, without Bob and Cuntz.

Oh God please let it be true! So the rumor is Pac is going there to speak to Floyd without Arum or Koncz? Phone Post 3.0
12/13/13 3:36 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

that's the question KFP, they are just saying he's possibly meeting with Floyd.

lol and Rios works with Ariza and failed his drug test.

12/13/13 3:37 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/182539-brandon-rios-fails-drug-test-following-loss-to-manny-pacquiao
12/13/13 3:58 PM
pharochuck
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator

write the check directly to manny and let him get his taxes and debts straight. he wins and he can then fight a couple more times and be set for life, he lose and he can still do a huge retiremnt fight. just hate the thought of all the money and big fights manny has generated that he could possibly end his career in the red to uncle sam and debtors. arum and koncz need their asses kicked. say what you wamt about haymon and mismacthes and protecting fighters, he apparently is very on the up and up with the money 

12/13/13 4:25 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

All Access; Maidana-Broner II

12/13/13 5:22 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

What did he piss hot for? Phone Post 3.0
12/13/13 5:32 PM
KFP49

GayGuardMooseSaucy - What did he piss hot for? Phone Post 3.0
"He tested positive for the banned substance methylexanamine, a stimulant that is commonly known as dimenthylamylamine or DMAA and has been used in dietary supplements." Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.