UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

12/15/13 3:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GayGuardMooseSaucy
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alright so we're done.

Stacked weekend of boxing "of the year" awards

Fighter-
Fight-
Round-
Ko-
Network-
Upset-
Prospect-
Event/Card (ppv or free)-
Story- Phone Post 3.0
12/15/13 3:55 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For me:
Fighter-Mikey Garcia
Fight-Bradley/Provodnikov
Round-Omar Figueroa/Nihito Arakawa round 3
Ko-GGG on Ishida
Network-Showtime
Upset-Garcia/Matthysse
Prospect-Omar Figueroa
Event/Card (ppv or free)-The One
Story-Bad judging in big fights Phone Post 3.0
12/15/13 5:37 AM
pharochuck
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator

broner looked shell shocked headed to the locker. oh well, make thurman v. maidana, that should be fireworks

12/15/13 8:07 AM
Bobby Lupo
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There won't be an immediate rematch, that's Broner posturing. He got shook last night. I think that fight destroyed his confidence and confidence was (as in con) was his entire game. He was a suspect prospect (Paulie already showed that) and now he's done. For a guy like him, there's no coming back from a thing like that. He goes down to 140 and fights a dishwasher next.
12/15/13 8:16 AM
Chomas
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gamechanger - Today was an awesome day for boxing with Broner getting beat down

All we need next is for Floyd to lose (due to him being boring)

And then for Jon Jones to get KOd in MMA. Would be a great day for MMA if/when Jones gets KOd

1 down....2 to go.....
Hmm... I'm thinking you just hate black guys. Phone Post 3.0
12/15/13 10:32 AM
The Lord of Storms
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys while I respect you saying Broner needs to go back and work on whatever. You are mistaken Broner, just has the shoulder roll (which makes for boring ass fights imho) throughout the fight when he felt he was getting attacked to the body he would clinch or hold maidanas arms. You're giving broner too much credit. All of his flaws showed last night.

Just cause he has the shoulder roll doesn't make him a defensive of fighter. He's quick but he's not that quick he doesn't have power and if he gets rushed with a combo to the body the man has no response. They won't give him the rematch he will go back down in weight. Plus even if he does rematch and wins KT will murder this little man.

His new name should be

Adrien "the hype" broner

And someone post my gifs from two pages back thank you. Dammit. Phone Post 3.0
12/15/13 10:48 AM
stillmatic
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Broner's arguably lost 3 fights already. He was lucky to come away with decisions in the PDL and Quintero fights.

Broner is just a good fighter, but not special.
12/15/13 10:59 AM
stillmatic
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Mayweather-Khan fight looked like a lock, but Maidana is definitely now in the mix too. 147 is stacked with big fights.
12/15/13 10:59 AM
salyer36
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Perfect ending to a tremendous year of boxing.

Last night reminded me of Barrera v. Nazeem. There are some differences between the level of fighters, obviously, but it had a similar feel to it.
12/15/13 11:22 AM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighter- Tim Bradley
Fight- Tim Bradley Vs Ruslan
Round- Carl Froch vs Mikkel Kessler rd 11
Ko- GGG over Macklin
Network- Showtime
Upset- Chino over Broner
12/15/13 1:34 PM
PoundforPound
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KO of the Year - Jhonny Gonzalez over Abner Mares.
12/15/13 1:44 PM
tbi0904
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chomas -

And then for Jon Jones to get KOd in MMA. Would be a great day for MMA if/when Jones gets KOd

1 down....2 to go.....
It's thiaguy with like his 10th screen name lol. Phone Post 3.0
12/15/13 1:48 PM
lockon
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoundforPound - KO of the Year - Jhonny Gonzalez over Abner Mares.
Agreed Phone Post
12/15/13 2:03 PM
Tomato Can
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh man I just watched Broner/Maidana off my DVR and that shit was epic. Midway through the fight I started thinking a robbery was imminent but thank god the right guy won.

Broner seemed to have a good attitude about the loss, and I think it could actually improve him as a fighter. Less focus on hype and showmanship and more focus on work in the gym could take him to the next level.

That said, I don't really want to see an immediate rematch like Broner was asking for. I'd rather see Broner take a bit of a step back, and Maidana take on someone like Robert Guerrero, or even a Pacquiao or Marquez if the promotional horseshit could get sorted out.
12/15/13 2:26 PM
GSP'issedinyourmouth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lockon -
PoundforPound - KO of the Year - Jhonny Gonzalez over Abner Mares.
Agreed Phone Post
The rematch will not be like the first one. Phone Post 3.0
12/15/13 2:40 PM
BradGluckman
611 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/15/13 2:58 PM
Chomas
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tbi0904 -
Chomas -

1 down....2 to go.....
It's thiaguy with like his 10th screen name lol. Phone Post 3.0
Agreed Tomato Phone Post 3.0
12/15/13 3:20 PM
Tomato Can
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As much as I think Broner had a decent attitude about his loss, I think it's pretty obvious at this point that he's never getting to Floyd's level. He doesn't have the same level of dedication, as evidenced by his moving up 3 weight classes in 16 months just so he could be less disciplined with his diet and still make weight. At Broner's age, Floyd was still at 130 fighting the best guys in the world at that weight.
12/15/13 4:27 PM
MMA Playwright
722 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/15/13 5:12 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
875 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

we'll see how he handles this criticism

12/15/13 5:13 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
875 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/15/13 5:17 PM
Team GDP
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/15/13 5:18 PM

12/15/13 6:04 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
297 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paulie Maligniaggi was definitely bummed.

Because Broner's loss kills any hope of a rematch and it also ends the talk of how Paulie should have won , etc.

Sort of like how Paulie was cheerleading for Hatton to win in his comeback , I felt Paulie was hoping Broner got the win so he could work on the rematch.

I'm shocked the judges got it right but is pleased.

Thurman-Maidana excites me so much.

As for lessons learned , Canelo's handlers now should learn one and focus on Angulo for March. 8 so their guy isn't further exposed and ruined. Phone Post 3.0
12/15/13 6:34 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

Team GDP -

Well well well what do we have here Phone Post 3.0
12/15/13 7:05 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Edited: 12/15/13 7:08 PM

why do people continue to work with him? Ariza is a snake and brings nothing but negative clouds around the camps he works in.

Rios pops hot for drugs when he comes, now this video, it takes away the hard fought win by Maidana.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.