UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

12/15/13 7:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
-D0DG3R D0GG13-
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

damn lol

Haha.
Niiiiiiiice. Phone Post 3.0
12/15/13 7:17 PM
MarcVanBas
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chomas - I'm not seeing it. Phone Post 3.0

I don't see shit either.
12/15/13 7:19 PM
MarcVanBas
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyway, moving on.......a great night of fights.
12/15/13 8:15 PM
Chomas
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was a morning after pill because of what Broner did in the first IMO. Phone Post 3.0
12/15/13 8:44 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
893 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol

12/15/13 9:47 PM
KFP49
765 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP -

damn lol

Ahahahaha!

I didn't see the fight until today, it was nice seeing Broner get his cocky ass beat. Phone Post 3.0
12/15/13 11:48 PM
Thuglife13
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I stayed up til 8am this morning just to watch the fight on the DVR.

Watching Maidana destroy Broner was the happiest moment in my life this year. It was the absolute opposite of losing my mom earlier this same year. I also loved how the commentators put Broner on blast after the fight, especially Paulie eventhough he somehow had the fight close about mid-way, and the guy that joined the group towards the end. LoL @ Broner's WWE acting after the headbutt and fuck Fuck FUCK that ref so fucking hard for the bullshit he did in the fight. You take 1 point away for a legit headbutt which was warranted, but warn Broner 70% of the fight about pushing and no point taken away? Fuck you ref! Thank goodness Maidana didn't get robbed though because I was expecting the worst.

War Maidana!
12/16/13 2:14 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
893 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/16/13 2:14 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

12/16/13 2:23 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

glad this got resolved

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15810.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
12/16/13 5:09 PM
Thuglife13
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^Alex Ariza droppin' *Truth Bombs* on these Mother Fuckers!
12/16/13 7:12 PM
PoundforPound
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitali has given up the WBC heavyweight belt. He is now Champion Emeritus and can challenge for the title whenever he wants if he chooses to resume his boxing career.
12/17/13 12:04 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

12/17/13 12:24 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Leo Santa Cruz Could Return Feb. 15 on Tripleheader

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=72822#ixzz2nht1VQnZ
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

by David P. Greisman

Junior featherweight titleholder Leo Santa Cruz has been quite active, fighting five times in 2012 and three times in 2013. And his next appearance following his Dec. 14 decision win over Cesar Seda could come just two months later.

“He would like to fight Feb. 15, so we’re going to try to see if we can get that,” said Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy Promotions, speaking to reporters after Saturday’s card in San Antonio. “I think it’s going to be a tripleheader.”

That show will be broadcast on Showtime from the Staples Center in Los Angeles, and it will be headlined by a rematch between Jhonny Gonzalez and Abner Mares. Gonzalez scored a first-round technical knockout of Mares this past August, taking his featherweight world title.

Schaefer didn’t say what the third fight of the tripleheader would be.

“Maybe I’ll have another little surprise,” he said.

12/17/13 12:25 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Pascal-Bute Not Necessarily Facing Stevenson Next

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=72824#ixzz2nhtHG6hr
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Luke Furman

Canadian stars Lucian Bute (31-1, 24KOs) and Jean Pascal (28-2-1, 17KOs) are getting ready for their super-fight on January 18th at the Bell Centre in Montreal. The World Boxing Council has approved the fight as a final eliminator for WBC light heavyweight champion Adonis Stevenson (23-1, 20KOs), who is also from Canada.

Yvon Michel, who promotes Pascal and Stevenson, says the mandatory will not be due for at least a year because Stevenson recently made a mandatory defense against Tony Bellew of the UK.

"[The final eliminator] is more of a way for us to control the future of our boxers. Because Stevenson made a defense of his title against WBC mandatory opponent Tony Bellew, he will not have to make another mandatory defense for at least one year," Michel said.

12/17/13 12:29 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));

12/17/13 12:33 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Saul "Canelo" Alvarez could select his next opponent as early as this week, his promoter said Monday, but it will not be former three-division world champion Miguel Cotto.

Alvarez, coming off a September unanimous-decision loss to Floyd Mayweather Jr., will choose from Alfredo Angulo, Erislandy Lara or Carlos Molina for a March 8 bout at MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy Promotions told The Times.

Schaefer said that based on conversations he had with Cotto and his manager, the fighter will not be ready to fight Alvarez in March.

Despite an offer of more than $10 million to fight Alvarez, Cotto is believed to be exploring another bout, likely against middleweight world champion Sergio Martinez.

"We hope that the fight with Cotto will be happening later in," 2014, Schaefer said.

Schaefer said that if Alvarez opts for the most fan-friendly option of Mexico's Angulo (22-3, 18 knockouts), he'll likely pursue matching up Lara and Molina as the card's co-main event.

"Canelo-Angulo's a hell of a fight," Schaefer said.

Molina (22-6, 5 KOs) is the International Boxing Federation's 154-pound champion from Chicago who claimed the belt by beating Ishe Smith on the Mayweather-Alvarez undercard Sept. 14.

Lara (19-1-2, 12 KOs) beat Angulo by 10th-round technical knockout in June in Carson and former super-welterweight champion Austin Trout by unanimous decision Dec. 7 in Brooklyn.

12/17/13 2:16 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

12/17/13 3:04 AM
pharochuck
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Barry_BondsMVP - 

Saul "Canelo" Alvarez could select his next opponent as early as this week, his promoter said Monday, but it will not be former three-division world champion Miguel Cotto.

Alvarez, coming off a September unanimous-decision loss to Floyd Mayweather Jr., will choose from Alfredo Angulo, Erislandy Lara or Carlos Molina for a March 8 bout at MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy Promotions told The Times.

Schaefer said that based on conversations he had with Cotto and his manager, the fighter will not be ready to fight Alvarez in March.

Despite an offer of more than $10 million to fight Alvarez, Cotto is believed to be exploring another bout, likely against middleweight world champion Sergio Martinez.

"We hope that the fight with Cotto will be happening later in," 2014, Schaefer said.

Schaefer said that if Alvarez opts for the most fan-friendly option of Mexico's Angulo (22-3, 18 knockouts), he'll likely pursue matching up Lara and Molina as the card's co-main event.

"Canelo-Angulo's a hell of a fight," Schaefer said.

Molina (22-6, 5 KOs) is the International Boxing Federation's 154-pound champion from Chicago who claimed the belt by beating Ishe Smith on the Mayweather-Alvarez undercard Sept. 14.

Lara (19-1-2, 12 KOs) beat Angulo by 10th-round technical knockout in June in Carson and former super-welterweight champion Austin Trout by unanimous decision Dec. 7 in Brooklyn.

i'd really like to see caneo v lara. that would be a gret fight. i don't think cotto has the power or ability to be too much trouble for martinez

12/17/13 9:20 AM
UGCTT_Charles Bronsons Mustache
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think they will give Canelo that dangerous of a fight.
I expect something more along the lines of K-9 or Ishe Smith.
12/17/13 10:17 AM
xsrg95
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Canelo v Lara Cotto v anyone and Canelo v Cotto towards the end of the year.
12/17/13 3:43 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Broner-Maidana drew 1.3 million views

12/17/13 5:25 PM
PoundforPound
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It wasn't too long ago that 1 million views was considered rare for boxing on Showtime. Now they are drawing more than that on a regular basis. The network execs must be happy.

I'd like to see Canelo against Alfredo Angulo or James Kirkland if the Cotto fight doesn't happen.
12/17/13 5:39 PM
Tomato Can
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Angulo hasn't beaten anyone decent in 3 or 4 years. I'll pass on that.

Kirkland would be better but I think we all know Canelo/Lara is the fight to make. Sadly Canelo probably doesn't have much interest. He did fight Trout though (another fight I thought he'd never take) so maybe there's some hope.
12/17/13 5:44 PM
PTM2020
911 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^hate to break it to you guys but Boxing is dead.  ;)

I'd like to see Canelo X Angulo too, with Lara X Molina on the undercard.

Cotto X Martinez is intriguing and was pretty much what I figured would happen.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.