UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

12/21/13 1:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
813 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still love watching Roy's lead uppercut

12/21/13 7:15 PM
The Lord of Storms
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's funny what marketing can do Phone Post 3.0
12/21/13 11:41 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
813 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War FedorlikeAura, the greatest SN ever!!

12/21/13 11:50 PM
The Lord of Storms
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roy won? Phone Post 3.0
12/22/13 12:37 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Roy won indeed. I'll post the fight here

12/22/13 12:38 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

12/22/13 10:42 PM
Fedoral Crime
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FedorLikeAura - I only have 1 GOAT for MMA though.

1 Fed
2 or
3 Eme
4 Lian
5 Enko
I second that.

For boxing its:

1. Sugar Ray Robinson
2. Ali
3. Pernell Whitaker
4. Roberto Duran
5. Floyd Mayweather

Putting 3-5 in order was tough, Floyd could easily jump up those 2 spots (maybe even more) depending on who he fights for his last few fights.

Btw, they are just the boxers that I have seen. I've heard people talk about Ricardo Lopez,Willie Pep and Henry Armstrong but I haven't seen enough of their fights to have an opinion about them. Phone Post 3.0
12/23/13 5:17 PM
HenryO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedoral Crime - 
FedorLikeAura - I only have 1 GOAT for MMA though.

1 Fed
2 or
3 Eme
4 Lian
5 Enko
I second that.

For boxing its:

1. Sugar Ray Robinson
2. Ali
3. Pernell Whitaker
4. Roberto Duran
5. Floyd Mayweather

Putting 3-5 in order was tough, Floyd could easily jump up those 2 spots (maybe even more) depending on who he fights for his last few fights.

Btw, they are just the boxers that I have seen. I've heard people talk about Ricardo Lopez,Willie Pep and Henry Armstrong but I haven't seen enough of their fights to have an opinion about them. Phone Post 3.0

Im no boxing historian, but I dont think Floyd would be in the top 5 ever
12/24/13 1:00 AM
PoundforPound
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Floyd but he isn't really in the discussion for GOAT. There are too many big names with monstrously good resumes that he would have to be measured against.
12/24/13 1:47 PM
salyer36
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am a big Floyd fan, but I would put Sugar Rey Leonard over Floyd.
12/24/13 3:40 PM
MMA Playwright
929 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Canelo vs. Molina is forthcoming.
12/25/13 10:20 AM
The Lord of Storms

For my stacked weekend of boxing motherfuckers

Manny Roach and Mayweather Phone Post 3.0
12/25/13 10:42 AM
chadk
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Lord of Storms - For my stacked weekend of boxing motherfuckers

Manny Roach and Mayweather Phone Post 3.0
Whoa! That does look like Manny & Freddie's love child. Phone Post 3.0
12/25/13 11:54 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Merry Christmas to all the UG Boxing fans.

What boxing related gift would you like to give and receive in 2014?

Receive-Canelo vs. Cotto and stacked undercard at MSG free on Showtime

Give-The gift of health to Sergio Martinez for 1 last fight. Phone Post 3.0
12/25/13 10:19 PM
PoundforPound
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ Manny Roach.

Receive- Floyd vs Pac
Give- A full recovery to Magomed
12/26/13 1:07 AM
allforroy
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - Merry Christmas to all the UG Boxing fans.

What boxing related gift would you like to give and receive in 2014?

Receive-Canelo vs. Cotto and stacked undercard at MSG free on Showtime

Give-The gift of health to Sergio Martinez for 1 last fight. Phone Post 3.0
Voted up for Martinez sentiment. Nailed it. Phone Post 3.0
12/26/13 1:29 AM
EatonBeever
434 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fights I'm hoping for in 2014:

-Floyd Mayweather Jr vs. Manny Pacquiao

-Miguel Cotto vs. Canelo Alvarez

-Sergio Martinez vs. GGG

-Bernard Hopkins vs. Adonis Stevenson

-Danny Garcia vs. Timothy Bradley

12/26/13 2:07 AM
KnockoutThoughts
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EatonBeever -

Fights I'm hoping for in 2014:

-Floyd Mayweather Jr vs. Manny Pacquiao

-Miguel Cotto vs. Canelo Alvarez

-Sergio Martinez vs. GGG

-Bernard Hopkins vs. Adonis Stevenson

-Danny Garcia vs. Timothy Bradley

Love this list. Phone Post 3.0
12/26/13 2:14 AM
KnockoutThoughts
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Receive: Mayweather vs Pacquiao
Give: Paul Williams the ability to walk again. Phone Post 3.0
12/26/13 3:47 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

wanted to wish everyone a merry xmas...and thank you guys again for continuing to make this a great thread.

12/30/13 9:38 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Mares Suffers Rib Injury, Gonzalez Fight Pushed Back

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=73209#ixzz2p14bTxEV
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rick Reeno & Chris Robinson

BoxingScene.com has been advised that former three division champion Abner Mares (26-1, 14KOs) has suffered a rib injury while sparring in Mexico City. When reached on Monday afternoon, Mares' manager Frank Espinoza confirmed the reports that are circulating in Mexico.

"Yes, the reports in Mexico are accurate. Abner did injure a rib in sparring, but I don't know anything else [regarding the extent of the injury] because I'm not down there," Espinoza told BoxingScene.com.

Mares was scheduled to face WBC featherweight champion Jhonny Gonzalez on February 15th at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. The fight was a rematch of their August battle, which saw Gonzalez score a shocking first round knockout.

A new date is unknown at the moment, says Espinoza, who already reached out to Golden Boy Promotions to discuss a new date. However, sources informed BoxingScene's Chris Robinson that a date of March 15th has been mentioned.

12/30/13 9:39 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Khan Will Target Pacquiao if Mayweather Picks Maidana

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=73211#ixzz2p14r3AIy
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Edward Chaykovsky

Former champion Amir Khan is attempting to apply pressure on WBC welterweight king Floyd Mayweather Jr. Khan has already revealed that he signed a bout agreement to face Mayweather on May 3rd at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

But Mayweather has yet to sign his end of the contract, according to Khan.

There is a possibility that Mayweather will take a pass on Khan, and instead face WBA welterweight champion Marcos Maidana, who recently upset Adrien Broner.

If Maidana is picked, then Khan will target Mayweather's rival, Manny Pacquiao, slated to return on April 12th at the MGM Grand. For several years, both Pacquiao and Khan were trained by Freddie Roach. Khan eventually left Roach and hired Virgil Hunter.

"I'd fight Manny," Khan told Daily Mail. "Look, it's business. We are friends and respect each other, but I would definitely consider the fight, and I am sure he would too. To bring it to Dubai, too, that would be huge. I am ready for whatever. Have I ever turned down a fight? Never. I fight whoever is put in front of me."

12/30/13 9:40 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Provodnikov: A Good Chance I'll Face Pacquiao on 4/12

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=73203#ixzz2p155jRnz

By Gregory Stangrit

WBO junior welterweight world champion Ruslan Provodnikov (23-2, 16KOs) has changed his mind about facing eight division king Manny Pacquiao (55-5-2, 38KOs) on April 12th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Initially Provodnikov rejected the possibility of such a fight, because the two boxers are friendly, have sparred several times in the past and more importantly they are both trained by Hall of Fame coach Freddie Roach.

"The chances are good that we will meet Pacquiao on April 12. As you know, I originally did not want to fight with the Filipino, because we both trained under the guidance of Freddie Roach. Then, while I was on vacation at a resort - I carefully thought about the situation. And I decided that if fate is giving me the opportunity, then I need to use it. To refuse a fight with such a great boxer is stupid. I've always wanted to fight with the best - and Pacquiao is at the top of the ceiling. I'm confident in myself. There is no doubt that I can have real fight with him," Provdonikov said.

"But the most preferred opponent for me is Juan Manuel Marquez. I know that negotiations are being conducted with him. But if he refuses, then I have to fight with Pacquiao. It will be necessary to look for a new coach, because if a fight with Manny takes place, then Freddie Roach, of course, will side with him."

1/2/14 2:20 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15884.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook Mayweather shoots down Manny rumors
1/6/14 4:30 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So FNF is back, anybody catch the finish on the main event? Controversial ending, ill post in a few Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.