Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Mouth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL.  Rematch?

Bute won round 5 and 10 maybe... 

1/19/14 3:36 AM
PoundforPound
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carl Froch took Bute's soul.
1/19/14 9:55 AM
Tomato Can
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

116-112 was a weird score. No way was it that close.
1/19/14 10:11 AM
Tilla

No way Floyd fights Manny next year.

He could have had a trilogy with him by now and earned $200/300 Million out of it AND the $200 Million from his Showtime contract, but he will never fight Manny.

And no way will he retire next year. His skill-set enables him to fight at the elite level for at least 3 more years, he's gotten tighter as a Boxer with his Dad in his corner again, and his fanbase is that gullable that he could do rematches that are pointless and still earn millions from it.

He'll rematch Alvarez in his last fight. Saul should be the main man by then, thus earning Floyd another $50-100 Million.
1/19/14 12:12 PM
HenryO

Tilla - No way Floyd fights Manny next year.

He could have had a trilogy with him by now and earned $200/300 Million out of it AND the $200 Million from his Showtime contract, but he will never fight Manny.

And no way will he retire next year. His skill-set enables him to fight at the elite level for at least 3 more years, he's gotten tighter as a Boxer with his Dad in his corner again, and his fanbase is that gullable that he could do rematches that are pointless and still earn millions from it.

He'll rematch Alvarez in his last fight. Saul should be the main man by then, thus earning Floyd another $50-100 Million.

Very well could be right

We could be looking at Khan/Garcia/Canelo as Floyds next 3 fights
1/19/14 2:35 PM
PoundforPound
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/19/14 2:39 PM
Not too pumped about Amir Khan but he does have a following in England and people are always saying they want to see Floyd fight someone with fast hands and feet instead of a come-forward brawler so he's passable.

I like the Danny Garcia fight. The guy has proven himself and has earned the right to be called the best 140 pounder in the world.

After that someone else will emerge. Perhaps Maidana will gave gotten another big win by then, or Keith Thurman will have solidified himself as the best of the rest.

There's also the hope that Pac will get smart and leave Top Rank when his contract is up. It's not like he needs a promoter at this stage of his career, all they seem to be doing for him at this point is getting him in tax trouble.
1/19/14 2:39 PM
Tilla

Garcia, in reality, should be Floyd's next opponent.

I'd LOVE to see him face Bradley at some point. Bradley is wrong for him, IMO. Anyone know what kind of contract Bradley is locked into?
1/19/14 2:43 PM
PoundforPound

Edited: 01/19/14 2:47 PM
Garcia has said he's not ready for Floyd just yet and doesn't want to rush into it. Gotta respect that.

If I'm not mistaken Tim Bradley has 2 more fights with Top Rank. He is probably the most deserving of a shot at Weather.

*EDIT*
I found an article where Tim says that his contract ends in December.
1/20/14 1:36 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
864 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

REDRUM_NYC - 

lol

1/20/14 10:17 PM
HenryO

PoundforPound - Garcia has said he's not ready for Floyd just yet and doesn't want to rush into it. Gotta respect that.

If I'm not mistaken Tim Bradley has 2 more fights with Top Rank. He is probably the most deserving of a shot at Weather.

*EDIT*
I found an article where Tim says that his contract ends in December.

Ya no doubt he is only 25, with Floyd under a big contract at Showtime Danny is smart to wait a couple fights at least.

Maidana/Broner 2 so quick is dumb, wouldve rather seen Maidana/Garcia made

Kieth Thurman is out there at Showtime but has no name, doubt Garcia wants that fight

I dunno guess were looking at Garcia/Malignaggi?

PAcquiao/Bradley probably too, hopefully Marquez/Provodnikov

140-154 would just be insane with no split
1/20/14 11:59 PM
Fedoral Crime
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So Pacquaio has given an interview saying he'll fight Floyd for free and wants all of the proceeds (his and Floyd's) to to go to charities around the world.

It'll be interesting to hear what Floyd's response is. Phone Post 3.0
1/21/14 1:03 AM
Gracie killar
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So the fight still won't happen. Floyd isn't giving all his money to charity. That is a really stupid suggestion by Pac.
1/21/14 2:15 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
569 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedoral Crime - So Pacquaio has given an interview saying he'll fight Floyd for free and wants all of the proceeds (his and Floyd's) to to go to charities around the world.

Floyd immediately sets up a TMT endorsed non-profit and says lets fight *troll face*. Phone Post 3.0
1/21/14 3:26 AM
Fedoral Crime
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gracie killar - So the fight still won't happen. Floyd isn't giving all his money to charity. That is a really stupid suggestion by Pac.
I don't think it's a suggestion as much as its Manny calling his bluff about only wanting the fight now to pay his taxes.

It's obvious Floyd doesn't want anything to do with Bob Arum and rightly so but if Pac leaves TR after his next fight there shouldn't be any reason why the fight can't happen. Phone Post 3.0
1/21/14 3:34 AM
Fedoral Crime

GayGuardMooseSaucy -
Fedoral Crime - So Pacquaio has given an interview saying he'll fight Floyd for free and wants all of the proceeds (his and Floyd's) to to go to charities around the world.

Floyd immediately sets up a TMT endorsed non-profit and says lets fight *troll face*. Phone Post 3.0
Lol! Meanwhile Bob Arum and Michael Koncz assure Pacquaio that they'll care of sending all of his money to charity. Phone Post 3.0
1/21/14 8:23 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
569 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedoral Crime -
GayGuardMooseSaucy -

Lol! Meanwhile Bob Arum and Michael Koncz assure Pacquaio that they'll care of sending all of his money to charity. Phone Post 3.0
If he owes the IRS what they claim, that'll be the only charity Pacquiao will be donating to. Phone Post 3.0
1/22/14 12:03 AM
Chomas
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HBO couldn't make a deal for GGG's next fight I hear... wtf HBO is going into the shitter nowadays and they used to be the kings of boxing. Phone Post 3.0
1/22/14 12:11 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

Chomas - HBO couldn't make a deal for GGG's next fight I hear... wtf HBO is going into the shitter nowadays and they used to be the kings of boxing. Phone Post 3.0

Pathetic. GGG is their 2nd biggest star IMO 

1/22/14 12:20 AM
Chomas
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy -
Chomas - HBO couldn't make a deal for GGG's next fight I hear... wtf HBO is going into the shitter nowadays and they used to be the kings of boxing. Phone Post 3.0

Pathetic. GGG is their 2nd biggest star IMO 

HBO, K2 Unable To Work Out Deal For Golovkin-Adama - Boxing News (via http://ble.ac/teamstream-) http://teamstre.am/1eQrnSC Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 10:19 AM
Tomato Can
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like to point out that we have a Stacked Weekend of Boxing (TM) coming up:

Friday
Cornelius Bundrage vs. Joey Hernandez (FS1)
Curtis Stevens vs. Patrick Majewski / Thabiso Mchunu vs. Olanrewaju Durodola (NBCSN)
Thomas Williams Jr. vs. Cornelius White (ESPN2)

Saturday
Marco Huck vs. Firat Arslan (some fuckin german channel)
Lamont Peterson vs. Dierry Jean / Jermell Charlo vs. Gabriel Rosado (Showtime)
Mikey Garcia vs. Juan Carlos Burgos / Bryant Jennings vs. Artur Szpilka (HBO)
1/23/14 12:31 PM
zackthewop
439 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Surprised there is no talk about Bradley vs pac 2.

Bradley is going to prove the haters wrong. Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 12:38 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

zackthewop - Surprised there is no talk about Bradley vs pac 2.

What haters? He gained everyone's respect after that war with Ruslan. However his "I won the Pacquiao fight 8-4" talk makes me wanna see PAC decisively finish him. Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 12:47 PM
tbi0904
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy -

What haters? He gained everyone's respect after that war with Ruslan. However his "I won the Pacquiao fight 8-4" talk makes me wanna see PAC decisively finish him. Phone Post 3.0
Exactly. Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 9:03 PM
zackthewop
439 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tbi0904 -
GayGuardMooseSaucy -

Exactly. Phone Post 3.0
I think that fight was at closer than people give credit.

Originally I thought pac won but after watching the video showing all the punches that Bradley slipped I think he actually won. This is really one of those fights where I think the announcers made it seems different. Phone Post 3.0
1/23/14 10:23 PM
Fedoral Crime

I've said it here already but I've watched that Bradley/Pac fight about 4 times & even after giving all of the close rounds to Bradley, I still have Pac winning 7-5. As Gay said I don't think Bradley has many haters, it's just annoying when a fighter as good as Bradley continues this delusion that not only did he win the fight but won 8 rounds of it! If you watch it again, he definitely didn't look that confident of the win before the scores were read out.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.