UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

2/24/14 11:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - Broner needs to fight at 140. Maybe a Judah or Hank Lundy.

Who the fuck is Hank Lundy?

2/24/14 11:12 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
894 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ha ha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzWCN6C84CQ
2/24/14 11:13 PM
salyer36
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 
Barry_BondsMVP - Broner needs to fight at 140. Maybe a Judah or Hank Lundy.

Who the fuck is Hank Lundy?

Sounds like a WWF jobber name.
2/24/14 11:22 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
894 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Broner is asking his twitter fans if they want to see him fight on the May 3rd card.
2/25/14 2:28 AM
PoundforPound
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maidana has done more to earn the fight than Amir Khan and I think he has gotten noticeably better under the tutelage of Robert Garcia. He will bring it to Floyd, it should be fun if nothing else.

Khan would do well to consider facing Shawn Porter for his belt. The winner of that then has a case for getting Floyd next....it could be promoted as a chance to unify the WBC/WBA/IBF welterweight belts.

I hope Broner is not on the undercard unless it's against Lucas Matthysse.

2/25/14 5:58 AM
Thuglife13
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoundforPound - Maidana has done more to earn the fight than Amir Khan and I think he has gotten noticeably better under the tutelage of Robert Garcia. He will bring it to Floyd, it should be fun if nothing else.

Khan would do well to consider facing Shawn Porter for his belt. The winner of that then has a case for getting Floyd next....it could be promoted as a chance to unify the WBC/WBA/IBF welterweight belts.

Get outta my head bro!

My God I'd love to see Lucas Matthysse knock the brakes off Broner the way Maidana did!
2/25/14 6:53 AM
Fedoral Crime
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoundforPound - Maidana has done more to earn the fight than Amir Khan and I think he has gotten noticeably better under the tutelage of Robert Garcia. He will bring it to Floyd, it should be fun if nothing else.

Maidana put on a great performance against Broner but I don't think that warrants a fight against the best P4P boxer on the planet.

Broner was fighting above his weight and his lack of movement on his feet was ideal for Maidana.

Maidana had trouble against Josesito Lopez, Victor Ortiz and Amir Khan also dropped him and beat him so I can only imagine the one sided beating Floyd will give him.

Floyd can't win either way cos Amir Khan didn't deserve a fight with him either but he definitely would've offered a bigger challenge then Maidana IMO. Phone Post 3.0
2/25/14 9:40 AM
Tomato Can
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stillmatic - Khan for me would be the more interesting match-up, because of his speed. For all of Khan's faults, he has incredible hand speed and a good offensive attack. It would probably be exciting as long as it went, Khan is never in boring fights.

Maidana is more deserving on merit, but is way too slow and easy to hit. Those looping right hands he hit Broner with won't come close to landing against Mayweather.

Khan got dropped and barely scraped a decision against Julio Diaz. I mean, come on.
2/25/14 12:05 PM
The Mouth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Khan / Pbf wouldn't have made it past 8 Phone Post 3.0
2/25/14 12:58 PM
tbi0904
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can't make this shit up lol.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1971665-floyd-mayweather-sr-wants-to-box-robert-guerreros-father-in-the-ring
2/25/14 1:06 PM
chadk
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maidana definitely "deserves" this fight more. As far as who's done more to warrant this payday, you can't argue choosing him over Khan. And I'm sure that the fact that stylistically he's perfect for Floyd, and Hispanic (Cinco de Mayo weekend) had nothing to do with the decision and is merely coincidental. Phone Post 3.0
2/25/14 1:30 PM
tbi0904
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In a perfect world Floyd should be fighting Bradley or Pacquiao. Unfortunately we live in the real world and the Golden Boy/Top Rank hissy fit continues. Maidana is the most deserving guy. Easy UD for Floyd. Phone Post 3.0
2/25/14 3:30 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Devon easily out boxed Maidana, all that needs to be said lol. Yea Maidana deserves it more so than Khan.
2/25/14 3:40 PM
PoundforPound
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/25/14 3:40 PM
That was in his first fight at 147 though. He switched his training camp to Oxnard after that and to my eyes has gotten better ever since.

He won't beat Floyd but it should be mildly competitive. At least he won't be wobbled with the first hard punch Mayweather lands. lol
2/25/14 3:52 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

that was Devon's first fight at WW too though lol.

he doesn't have the cardio, I expect Floyd to start pushing the pace around the 5th and Maidana will be flustered hitting air.

I hope he doesn't get wobbled lol.
2/25/14 4:30 PM
chadk
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sooner or later, Floyd's getting Roy Jonesed. Personally, I'd love to see Maidana pull a Glen Johnson on Floyd but I expect a dull decision victory for Mayweather. Phone Post 3.0
2/25/14 5:28 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

like Hopkins, that D and ring smarts is too much imo. Floyd will leave before he gets too old.
2/25/14 5:35 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

hmm anyone else having trouble viewing the printable version of these articles on boxingscene?

Schaefer talks why Floyd didn't chose Khan

http://www.boxingscene.com/schaefer-explains-why-mayweather-not-select-khan--74995

Khan on his future and Floyd/Maidana

http://www.boxingscene.com/khan-discusses-mayweather-maidana-future-more--75025

I like this fight

http://www.boxingscene.com/karim-mayfield-if-i-catch-dulorme-he-going-down--75019

http://www.boxingscene.com/adrien-broner-amir-khan-lined-up-big-fights--74996
2/25/14 6:17 PM
KJ!
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

letusbang.com, Owner
I'm ready to see Chavez get his ass kicked. Phone Post 3.0
2/26/14 6:12 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Alvarado's trainer on JMM
http://www.boxingscene.com/mike-alvarados-trainer-marquez-tailor-made-us--75046

De La Hoya talks animosity with Arum.
http://www.boxingscene.com/de-la-hoya-on-arum-top-rank-golden-boy-cold-war--75047

Team Alexander interested in Berto fight
http://www.boxingscene.com/team-alexander-welcome-andre-berto-clash-next--75034
2/26/14 6:13 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Lara vs Ishe Smith is being worked on for April lol.
2/26/14 6:15 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Amir Khan is being offered $8 million to face rival British welterweight contender Kell Brook, following the Bolton man’s failure to secure an even more lucrative payday against American superstar Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Former junior welterweight titleholder Khan, 27, is still coming to terms with Mayweather’s decision to fight Argentina’s Marcos Maidana in Las Vegas on May 3 rather than himself. That contest would have reportedly banked the Englishman at least $10m.

However, it seems all is far from lost for Khan, whose recent fights have been nothing if not compelling due their unpredictable, entertaining nature. That means he is still a significant draw at the UK box office, a fact underlined by Matchroom supremo Eddie Hearn on Wednesday.

Hearn, who promotes unbeaten Brook, has revealed that a formal big-money approach has been made to the Khan camp in an effort to set up a domestic scrap between the pair.

“When we heard Khan’s Mayweather fight was on the brink of falling through, I made a serious offer for him to fight Kell,” Hearn said. “That offer – £5million – is still on the table and will remain there for the foreseeable future.”

Whether Khan (28-3, 19 knockouts) will take the financial bait to face 27-year-old Brook remains to be seen. One possible snag to an immediate and successful conclusion to negotiations is that Khan is contracted for one more fight on Frank Warren’s BoxNation channel, while Hearn’s Matchroom stable is tied into a long-term deal with Sky Sports.

But not in doubt is that it would be a grudge bout to capture the British public’s imagination. Khan and Brook (31-0, 21 KOs) have never seen eye to eye and have had several verbal spats, usually via Twitter, over the last 18 months – with Brook, the RING’s No.4-rated welterweight, accusing Khan of constantly swerving calls to settle their differences in the ring.

Brook, the IBF’s No.1 contender for its 148-pound belt currently held by Shawn Porter, is due to fight in Liverpool on March 15 against an opponent to be confirmed. Khan, out of action since last April when he got off the floor to beat Julio Diaz on points, says he will announce his next fight later this month.
2/26/14 7:25 PM
Uncle Creepy's Creepy Nephew
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It isn't $8m it is $5m Matchroom are supposedly offering Khan.

Twitter:

Michael, Doug or Lem ?@ringmagazine 1h
Amir Khan receives $8 million offer to face Kell Brook http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/321409-amir-khan-receives-8-million-offer-to-face-kell-brook#.Uw5r5_5BkCs.twitter … #boxing @AmirKingKhan @kellbrook1

Eddie Hearn ?@EddieHearn 1h
@ringmagazine @AmirKingKhan @kellbrook1 $5m!!!
2/26/14 7:28 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

he better man up and take it lol
2/26/14 7:31 PM
pharochuck
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator

brook will end his career 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.