UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/26/14 11:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
826 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks for the clarification Pound4Pound.
2/26/14 11:14 PM
chadk
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kid has balls but if I were his manager, I'd develop him more first. Lots of tough fighters around that weight and its not like he can take fights to develop himself as a "Champion". Phone Post 3.0
2/26/14 11:20 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
826 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

agreed with that Chad, while we wait for talented guys like Gary Russell to finally step up, Loma is fighting a tough vet in his second fight lol. Kid has the potential to be great if he lives up to the amateur hype.
2/27/14 12:24 AM
salyer36
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RJJ was never the same after he came back down from HW. I think losing that muscle weight did a lot of harm.
2/27/14 12:53 AM
chadk
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My take on Jones is that he never had very good boxing fundamentals.( I made the comparison between him and Sergio Martinez a page or two back) He got away with doing things wrong because of his amazing reflexes, speed and good power. However, once he slowed down to human speed, his lack of fundamentals started to cost him.

Floyd is far more fundamentally sound but you can see he's slowing down too, which is why I believe he's steadily been choosing slow footed, straight forward, defensively suspect opponents.

I think he beats Maidana handily (be surprised if he loses a round) but he'll have to be focused the entire fight due to his power. Phone Post 3.0
2/27/14 1:00 AM
chadk

Barry_BondsMVP - agreed with that Chad, while we wait for talented guys like Gary Russell to finally step up, Loma is fighting a tough vet in his second fight lol. Kid has the potential to be great if he lives up to the amateur hype.
He also has the potential to end up like Pete Rademacher too. He thought his Olympic Gold Medal and amateur pedigree, combined with a small, vulnerable champ (Floyd Patterson) made it a good decision to challenge for the belt in his 1st pro bout. Things didn't work out too well for him that night, nor long term for his career. Phone Post 3.0
2/27/14 1:25 AM
The Mouth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chadk - 
The Mouth -

PBF is never getting Roy Jonsed.  That happened because Roy like to move STRAIGHT back and he lost a step and fought a guy fast enough to catch him.

Ridiculous comparison.

Kell will kill Khan.

How fast was Glen Johnson? Yet he managed to club Jones down. Pernell Whitaker was ever bit as slick defensively but he got old too. Like I said, I don't expect Floyd to lose this fight. However, if he keeps getting into the ring, someone's going to catch him. Father Time is still undefeated. Phone Post 3.0

Dont need to be fast to catch a guy moving straight back.  Tarver had the same shitty movements... PBF's defense is fundamentals... not athletics.

Your comparisons dont line up.

2/27/14 4:19 AM
LoneWolf50

If Maidana couldn't beat Devon Alexander no way he beats PBF.
2/27/14 10:26 AM
chadk

How much of Sweet Pea's defense was reliant on athletics? The point I was (clearly not very well lol) trying to make was that if he keeps fighting, someone we'd NEVER expect is going to catch him. Everyone gets older. Phone Post 3.0
2/27/14 10:32 AM
Tomato Can
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whitaker had a drug problem though. I'm not sure had the same dedication to clean living and athletics that Mayweather does.

I agree Mayweather will get old eventually, but considering he only has 3 fights left on his contract (and supposedly in his career) we may never see it happen in the ring.
2/27/14 10:47 AM
bigJ6464
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish Rigondeaux was larger I think he would make floyd a good matchup.But it would b one helluva boring fight. Phone Post 3.0
2/28/14 3:59 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

this weekend is stacked.

At Magdeburg, Germany (ESPN3.com): Robert Stieglitz vs. Arthur Abraham, third fight, 12 rounds, for Stieglitz's WBO super middleweight title

At San Antonio (HBO): Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs. Bryan Vera, 12 rounds, super middleweights; Orlando Salido vs. Vasyl Lomachenko, 12 rounds, for Salido's WBO featherweight title; Juan Diaz vs. Gerardo Robles, 10 rounds, lightweights; Oscar Valdez vs. Samuel Sanchez, 6 rounds, featherweights

At Glasgow, Scotland (AWE): Ricky Burns vs. Terence Crawford, 12 rounds, for Burns' WBO lightweight title; Anthony Joshua vs. Hector Avila, 6 rounds, heavyweights;

At Bristol, England: James DeGale vs. Gevorg Khatchikian, 12 rounds, super middleweights
2/28/14 4:12 PM
ramit upper

I think Ricky Burns is about to lose his title (if the judges do their job properly)

I`m disappointed Floyd chose Maidana.

I was planning to travel to Vegas for the Mayweather/Khan fight, now my plans are fucked:(

2/28/14 4:19 PM
Tomato Can
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Burns/Crawford fight is the most interesting of the weekend in either boxing or MMA, IMO.

Hopefully Burns gets his ass beat and then Beltran gets a shot at Crawford.
2/28/14 4:52 PM
DanChow
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Showtime - Feb 28 (9:30PM ET/PT)
J'Leon Love vs. Vladine Biosse
(super middleweight)
2/28/14 5:57 PM
DontLeaveItToTheJudges
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Insanely excited for loma vs salido, my wallet is on vasyl for this one Phone Post 3.0
2/28/14 6:19 PM
Fedoral Crime
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DontLeaveItToTheJudges - Insanely excited for loma vs salido, my wallet is on vasyl for this one Phone Post 3.0
I heard Salido didn't make weight. I don't know what happens in a situation like this, is the title still on the line? Phone Post 3.0
2/28/14 6:41 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedoral Crime -
DontLeaveItToTheJudges - Insanely excited for loma vs salido, my wallet is on vasyl for this one Phone Post 3.0
I heard Salido didn't make weight. I don't know what happens in a situation like this, is the title still on the line? Phone Post 3.0
Would be on the line for Vasyl only Phone Post 3.0
2/28/14 7:13 PM
Tilla

LOL @ Kell killing Khan! What world do you live in?

Kell has had the same amount of fights as Khan, yet hasn't achieved a single thing.

His coming out fight was against Matthew Hatton, and he's gone life and death with Carson Jones.

His record is RIDICULOUSLY padded.

Khan within 8. He'd bamboozle Brook with his speed.

Lol @ Floyd picking the FUCKING LOSER of a 'poll' which only had TWO fighters in it! How do people still support him? He completely fleeces his fans.

I'm looking forward to Burns/Crawford. Crawford in the 10th.
2/28/14 7:27 PM
Fedoral Crime
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy -
Fedoral Crime -
Would be on the line for Vasyl only Phone Post 3.0
I thought so. Just to be clear if Salido wins he'll have to fight again for his vacant title? Phone Post 3.0
2/28/14 10:12 PM
PoundforPound
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/28/14 10:15 PM
^Yes. If he wins, and stays in that division, then he will need to fight for the title again if he wants it back.

But he is almost for sure going to have to move up to another weight class now.

This sucks because that's the fight I was most looking forward to tomorrow. If Salido is drained from trying to squeeze down to 126 then he won't be at his best.
2/28/14 11:20 PM
Fedoral Crime

PoundforPound - ^Yes. If he wins, and stays in that division, then he will need to fight for the title again if he wants it back.

But he is almost for sure going to have to move up to another weight class now.

This sucks because that's the fight I was most looking forward to tomorrow. If Salido is drained from trying to squeeze down to 126 then he won't be at his best.
Thanks dudes. VU's for all.

I was looking forward to seeing Lomanchencko for the first time. Even if he wins, this kind of takes the shine off it.

I doubt he'll give a fuck though if he wins and gets a percentage of Salido's purse Phone Post 3.0
3/1/14 2:30 AM
KnockoutThoughts
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Since this is the longstanding boxing thread on this forum, I just want to get your opinions. If we give Lomenchenko a year or 2 to develop in his division, who do you have winning in a match between him and Rigondeaux? That would be a hell of a matchup given their respective accomplishments and combined boxing acumen.

So simply put Lomenchenko vs Rigondeaux, who you got? Rigondeux imo. Phone Post 3.0
3/1/14 1:25 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

thanks KJ

I have Lomachenko, he's basically a bigger version of Rigondeaux. Sucks to hear about Salido having the weight issues, I to wanted to see him at his best.

Had a family emergency last night, hopefully I can make it back for the Abraham/Stieglitz and Crawford/Burns fight. Can anyone tell me what time the Crawford/Burns fight may start, PST?

Keep me posted on the early fights please, thanks.
3/1/14 7:17 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

good to see my boy Abraham get the W, heard Crawford looked good today?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.