UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

3/12/14 2:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
zackthewop
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like to see Khan fight canelo. I think that would be a super entertaining fight.

Oh and I am Super excited for pac vs Bradley. Bradley gonna whoop dat ass. Phone Post 3.0
3/12/14 2:59 PM
Tomato Can
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Canelo can barely make 154 anymore and Khan has never fought above 142. No way that fight ever gets made.
3/12/14 3:06 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chadk - Floyd may be in HUGE trouble. http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2014/03/12/floyd-mayweather-kidnapping-brutal-beating-suspected-jewelry-heist Phone Post 3.0
This could get ugly if they don't keep it out of court Phone Post 3.0
3/12/14 3:09 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When asked if Gamboa and Mikey Garcia would fight, Arum told the sweetscience “It’s not gonna happen. Who the eff is Gamboa? He effed me in the Rios fight.”

Read more at http://www.boxingnews24.com/2014/03/arum-says-no-to-yuriorkis-gamboa-vs-mikey-garcia-fight/#d3xiRFcw9uPbAQcr.99 Phone Post 3.0
3/12/14 3:16 PM
Tomato Can
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can Bob Arum just die already? At least Don King had the decency to fade into irrelevance.
3/12/14 3:19 PM
MarcVanBas
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - wow, 60K tickets sold to Groves/Froch

and In talks to try and put another 20k on sale.
3/12/14 3:53 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
884 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck Arum lol.
3/12/14 3:53 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
884 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that'll be even more amazing Marc
3/12/14 3:55 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Arum wants JCC-Pascal if no JCC-GGG
3/12/14 3:56 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=75554#ixzz2vmQx2x2k
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

The IBF have ruled that Shawn Porter may risk his IBF welterweight title against Paul Malignaggi on the condition that the winner must make his next defence against mandatory challenger Kell Brook this summer. Both men must confirm in writing that whomever emerges as champion has the obligation to face Brook next.

Porter-Malignaggi must take place by April 19, with the winner required to face Brook 90 days thereafter. If Porter-Malignaggi fails to materialise by April 19, Porter’s next defence must be against the unbeaten Sheffield star. Brook’s promoter Eddie Hearn explained the findings and expressed his delight for the 27 year old, who faces Alvaro Robles in a ten-round clash at the Echo Arena in Liverpool on Saturday, live on Sky Sports.

“The IBF wrote to me last week to confirm that IBF champion Shawn Porter had asked for an exemption to fight Paul Malignaggi on April 19, 12 days outside of the restricted period,” said Hearn. “We asked that if the exemption be granted then it should be accompanied by certain requirements, the most important of those being that both fighters in the proposed April 19 bout must agree in writing to face Kell within 90 days of the bout or by July 19.

“We received confirmation from the IBF today that the exemption would only be granted under a number of conditions including the above. It is great news for Kell after a frustrating period, and he just has to take care of business on Saturday night then I am sure Britain will have another World champion by July 19.”
3/12/14 4:28 PM
Tomato Can

Personally I'd have preferred Porter/Guerrero but this isn't bad.

Hopefully they get someone better than John Molina for Broner's next fight. That would be an awful chief support bout for Mayweather/Maidana, especially considering his last card had Garcia/Matthysse on it.
3/12/14 5:25 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Mares Rejects Miura Fight, Eyes Santa Cruz Clash

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=75565#ixzz2vmnLgUt7
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Salvador Rodriguez

Too much, too soon. Former three division champion Abner Mares has turned down a possible fight with WBC super featherweight champion Takashi Miura of Japan, which promoters were targeting for the Floyd Mayweather-Marcos Maidana undercard on May 3rd at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Mares, who recently moved up to featherweight and was knocked out last August in the first round by Jhonny Gonzalez, felt it was way too soon to once again move up in weight.

Instead, Mares (26-1-1, 14KOs) is very interested in facing WBC super bantamweight champion Leo Santa Cruz (27-0-1, 15KOs) at a catch-weight of 124-pounds or even the full featherweight limit of 126.

"I thought very hard about what was in front of me and I think I'm still a young fighter. I'm just settling in featherweight. There is no reason to move up [in weight] right now or to think about making history and make a mistake [by taking a fight] against Takashi Miura," Mares said.

"Leo Santa Cruz did very well against Cristian Mijares. It's a fight that's interesting and it always comes up. I've just settled myself at featherweight and that would be very good fight in Los Angeles. I think it's already very difficult for him to make 122 pounds, but if he wants to go up to 126 or we can make it at an agreed weight. I'll see if it's possible, but what I know is that both us want the fight."

3/12/14 5:27 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=75563#ixzz2vmnv0aTV

By Ryan Burton

Kenny Porter, father and trainer of IBF welterweight champion Shawn Porter (23-0-1, 14KOs), has confirmed to BoxingScene.com that his son will defend his title against former two division champion Paulie Malignaggi (33-5, 7KOs) on April 19th.

Earlier today, the IBF gave confirmation that Porter-Malignaggi was officially sanctioned for the date, with the winner having to face mandatory challenger Kell Brook next.

Showtime will broadcast a tripleheader from Washington DC that evening. IBF light heavyweight champion Bernard Hopkins will face WBA champion Beibut Shumenov in the main event, while Peter Quillen will defend his WBO middleweight title against Lukas Konecny to round out the televised portion of the card.
3/12/14 5:34 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RVYmiKWXUFg

Broner on the mitts
3/12/14 5:35 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Can't wait for this fight

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=75546#ixzz2vmprORTy

WBC world super-bantamweight champion Leo Santa Cruz has set his sights on Belfast's unbeaten Carl Frampton after impressively defending his title last weekend.

The Mexican sensation was too good for Cristian Mijares in Las Vegas as he won emphatically on points, and if 27-year-old Frampton (17-0 12KOs) can see off Hugo Cazares at the Odyssey Arena on April 4 then a meeting between the two super-bantamweights is on the cards.

"Carl's been saying he wants to fight me and I've seen him in a couple of fights," two-weight champion Santa Cruz told BoxNation.

"He's a great fighter, undefeated, he comes forward like me and throws parallel punches and pressures a lot. So I think it would make a really great fight for the fans.

"If he wins [against Cazares], it could be the next fight which happens. He's in an eliminator to fight me in his fight, so if our managers can work out something I think it can definitely happen next."

Santa Cruz (27-0-1 15KOs) has taken notice of Frampton as he has blitzed his way past a host of top line contenders in recent outings.

It is this exciting and crowd-pleasing style which Santa Cruz, 25, believes could make for an instant classic when the pair finally square-off in the ring, though he is not expecting it to last the full 12 rounds.

"I come forward; he comes forward, so there will be no running. I think it will be a fight where we are both in the middle of the ring, giving a war and I think neither of us is going to want to go back," he said.

"It could be 'Fight of the Year'. I don't think the fight would go the distance; it could finish before the 12 rounds the way that we will fight.

"I think he [Frampton] comes forward well, and is strong, always pressuring. But I think he drops his hands too much - I think that's one of the mistakes he does. I could catch him or I could work the body and finish him right there."

Frampton's popularity in Northern Ireland has seen him sell out arena-after-arena in his last few fights and Santa Cruz is open to crossing the Atlantic, possibly as early as this September.

"It doesn't matter to me where I fight him. It's up to wherever my manager and promoter think the best place is," he said.

"I'll fight him wherever. If they want me to fight him in Ireland, I'll come over and fight him in Ireland. If they want me to fight him here [United States], I'll fight him here. Wherever they make the fight I'm willing to battle him.

"I think the fight is likely for between September-November around those months. After this fight [against Mijares] I'll take a little break and get ready for those months because it's a big fight, so we have to have a little more time to get ready for it."

3/12/14 5:38 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Martinez: Cotto Acts Like a 16-Year-Old Girl!

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=75538#ixzz2vmqlz0ix

By Miguel Rivera

WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez (51-2-2, 28KOs) says Miguel Cotto (38-4, 31KOs) was threatening to walk away from their negotiations over every possible demand, including the one-pound catch-weight request of 159-pounds. They will clash on June 7th at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Cotto will attempt to become the first Puerto Rican boxer to win four world titles in four weight divisions.

"He acts like a little girl, like a 16-year-old girl. If he does not get these things [that he demanded], then the fight would not happen. It's ridiculous. But I think that a lot of the things that he does are ridiculous, [and not necessarily things that are done] to me personally, but he has a personality that bothers me," Martinez said.

3/12/14 5:55 PM
PoundforPound
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chadk - Floyd may be in HUGE trouble. http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2014/03/12/floyd-mayweather-kidnapping-brutal-beating-suspected-jewelry-heist Phone Post 3.0

It's TMZ reporting so take it with a grain of salt. Floyd is a dumbass if this is true though.

"Floyd Mayweather -- Allegedly Involved in Kidnapping & Brutal Beating ... Over Missing Jewelry

Floyd Mayweather allegedly orchestrated a savage attack on two of his employees he suspected of stealing his jewelry ... TMZ has learned.Sources familiar with the situation tell TMZ Sports ... the two men had been hired to work on Floyd's Vegas homes ... but when jewelry went missing, Floyd pointed the finger at them. We're told the men claim they were contacted several weeks ago and instructed to meet Floyd at an off-site location.

When the men arrived, they claim Floyd was waiting for them -- along with a number of his "people" -- who proceeded to beat the living crap out of them with various weapons, including clubs. Our sources say the attack was so brutal the men could have easily died. Both men had broken arms and legs and were hospitalized for several days.One source put it this way, "It was some 'Breaking Bad' s**t."We're told the men are adamant they never took anything from Floyd and it appears Floyd realizes that now.

But here's the problem for the champ -- sources familiar with the situation say the attack amounts to attempted murder, mayhem and kidnapping. We're told the men have retained a lawyer. We reached out to Floyd's people for comment -- so far, no word back."
3/12/14 7:37 PM
pharochuck
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator

broken arms and broken legs and hospitalized for several days and floyd orchestrated it? lol, vegas pd would have arrested everyone named mayweather including little mayweather the 3rd. but no arrests, just a lwayer retained? more likely they were stealing and floyd's crew kicked their ass and now they want to sue. brink of death, limbs broken? but you didn't go to the police you went to a lawyer, yeah that will hold up

3/12/14 8:43 PM
KFP49
790 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vintage Pacquiao debuts April 12

The Manny Pacquiao of old – cold-blooded and cat-quick – will make a return to the ring on April 12 in Las Vegas.

This is the belief of his childhood friend Buboy Fernandez, who also doubles as an assistant trainer, as Pacquiao gets ready to avenge a defeat at the hands of Timothy Bradley.

“You’ll see the Pacquiao of 10 years ago...someone who is merciless and fast with his hands and feet,” said Fernandez.

The past few years, Pacquiao has been criticized for holding his punches and this has prevented him from scoring a knockout win in his last seven fights with his last abbreviated victory happening in Nov. 2009 against Miguel Cotto.

Fernandez reported for training camp beginning the first day in General Santos City and he will lend a hand when the 35-year-old fighting congressman kicks off the most critical phase of his buildup starting Monday afternoon (Tuesday morning in Manila) at the Wild Card Boxing Club in Hollywood.

After stopping Cotto in the 12th round, Pacquiao failed to post a knockout, having been forced to go 12 full rounds by Joshua Clottey, Antonio Margarito, Shane Mosley, Juan Manuel Marquez, Bradley and Brandon Rios.

In between the Bradley defeat and Rios unanimous decision triumph was a sixth-round knockout loss to Marquez.

Fernandez is confident the streak will end next month when Pacquiao faces Bradley in a rematch of their highly-controversial first encounter in June 2012.

Testament to Pacquiao’s new-look was supported by Cebu kingmaker Wakee Salud, who dropped by GenSan last week to check on the progress of Pacquiao’s preparations.

“Ganadong-ganado talaga,” said Salud his usual baritone voice hitting a high pitch when contacted yesterday.

“I didn’t see him, not even once, show signs that he was getting tired,” added Salud.

Pacquiao will have a newer and fresher set of sparring partners at the Wild Card and he will reunite with Los Angeles-based Australian Justin Fortune, who will get his job back as strength coach following the dumping of Alex Ariza last year.

Tapped by Roach to beef up the sparring team are former world champs Steve Forbes and Kendall Holt.

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/vintage-pacquiao-debuts-april-12-000511409.html

I would love to see Pac with the killer instinct again.  But I wonder, will "Vintage Pacquiao" be like "Motivated Penn?"  You know, something we rarely see or will never see again.

3/12/14 9:31 PM
Hikikomori

pharochuck -

broken arms and broken legs and hospitalized for several days and floyd orchestrated it? lol, vegas pd would have arrested everyone named mayweather including little mayweather the 3rd. but no arrests, just a lwayer retained? more likely they were stealing and floyd's crew kicked their ass and now they want to sue. brink of death, limbs broken? but you didn't go to the police you went to a lawyer, yeah that will hold up

Gossip is it was a female who Floyd trusted. Apparently said female is now dating Ray J. These guys waited till the most opportune time for a quick money grab. Phone Post 3.0
3/12/14 10:52 PM
ramit upper

MarcVanBas - 
Barry_BondsMVP - wow, 60K tickets sold to Groves/Froch

and In talks to try and put another 20k on sale.

"Boxing is dead"

-The UG
3/12/14 10:59 PM
ramit upper

When was the last time a fight between two white guys commanded this much intersest?
3/13/14 12:01 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

not since Rocky vs Drago Ramit.

but honestly, Froch-Calzaghe when they were beefing a few years back could easily cover 80k+
3/13/14 12:01 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

thanks for the article KFP
3/13/14 5:24 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Team Khan turned down a Guerrero fight, they are eyeing Collazo instead for May 3rd.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.