UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

3/24/14 9:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
thefightingsheep
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hammerstein - 
Barry_BondsMVP - Lomachenko-Russell bout ordered

Featherweights Vasyl Lomachenko and Gary Russell Jr. were ordered by the WBO on Thursday to fight for the organization's vacant 126-pound belt.

The sides have 30 days to negotiate a deal or the fight will put up for a purse bid, which is likely because Lomachenko is promoted by Top Rank and Russell is with its bitter rival, Golden Boy Promotions, and they do not negotiate fights with each other.

Assuming it goes to a purse bid, the company that wins the auction would have sole promotional rights to the bout.

I kinda wish MMA had something like this to circumvent the cross-promotional bullshit that goes on, or rather that doesn't go on.

Making them TUF Ukraine vs USA coaches isn't good enough?
3/24/14 11:42 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

May 2
At Las Vegas (Fox Sports 1/Fox Deportes): Erislandy Lara vs. Ishe Smith, 12 rounds, for Lara's WBA "regular" junior middleweight title

Why the hell didn't they just put this on Floyd's card? Phone Post 3.0
3/25/14 12:59 AM
tbi0904
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pharochuck -
tbi0904 - 
Randy Watson - Collazo still doing the rounds ! Not sure what shape he is in these days, but he could be a tricky outing for Khan.
He knocked out Victor Ortiz two months ago. He looked real sharp doing it too.

If GGG and Chavez fight I'm taking GGG every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Phone Post 3.0

that's going to be a long week for you. chavez takes this

I hope we find out. Phone Post 3.0
3/25/14 6:56 AM
PoundforPound
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would pick Gary Russell to beat Lomachenko if that fight goes down.

Ishe Smith put everyone to sleep on the last Floyd ppv. Matching him with Lara is a cure for insomnia.
3/25/14 9:45 AM
Tomato Can
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's a semi-decent FNF card on Friday for the first time in several weeks. Miguel Angel Gonzalez vs. Fernando Carcamo Garcia is a solid fight.
3/25/14 3:51 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
882 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Loma has some balls if that fight goes through. Two very tough fights back to back.
3/25/14 5:42 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoundforPound - I would pick Gary Russell to beat Lomachenko if that fight goes down.

Ishe Smith put everyone to sleep on the last Floyd ppv. Matching him with Lara is a cure for insomnia.
Lol true. Phone Post 3.0
3/25/14 5:47 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This sucks.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2014/3/25/5545254/showtime-puts-in-offer-for-stevenson-fonfara-which-could-sink-hbos

3/25/14 8:48 PM
HenryO

Chris27 - 

This sucks.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2014/3/25/5545254/showtime-puts-in-offer-for-stevenson-fonfara-which-could-sink-hbos

Ya that fights off

Pretty fucking ridiculous

HBO and Showtime can both fuck off
3/25/14 9:24 PM
KnockoutThoughts
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedoral Crime -

I'm not sure if this is the full episode but it's all I could find on YouTube.

Yeah as much as I llike Bradley, the way he's talking about 8-4 is fucking ridiculous. It was definitely closer than some of the HBO crew had it (you could argue it was 7-5 to Pacquaio if you're being generous) but there's is no fucking way Bradley won that fight.

I can understand why he doesn't want to admit he lost but he could at least have the decency to say "well that's how thee judges saw it" or "it could've went either way". Something instead of coming across as a delusional fool by saying he won as clearly as 8-4 smh!

I think Manny takes this one again and actually gets the win from the judges. Thank God that stupid cunt C.J Ross is gone. Scoring the fight to Bradley was bad enough but to score the Floyd/Canelo fight as a draw was criminal. . . literally!

After watching the face off, I must say I like both these fighters. Bradley is a good dude, Manny is a good dude. I would love to see either one of them against Floyd. Unfortunately one of them has to lose on fight night. I'm cheering for Pac, but would not be upset if Bradley wins. Both these guys are class acts. Phone Post 3.0
3/25/14 10:13 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
882 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yes that's whack as hell if Kovalev/Stevenson doesn't happen.
3/26/14 11:13 AM
HenryO

"I would love to see either one of them against Floyd."

FLoyd dont need to fight Bradley or PAc

Hes got MAidana, Khan, Garcia lol

Im a disappointed boxing fan. Last five years or so have been awesome

But this first 6 months of 2014 is just shit, more politics then good fights

Even all time great warrior fighters like JMM are ducking opponents
3/26/14 11:20 AM
Chris27

stevenson wanted no part of Kovalev.  HBO said they would pick up this fight if they had a guaratee of the Kovalev fight but they said no and bounced to Showtime.

he ducked Kovalev big time.

3/26/14 11:22 AM
Galanis
715 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow,  Bradley really thinks he won 8-4. I can't imagine being in that situation, and it's not like he's gonna admit he lost.. It was a close fight for sure. But yeah, Pac won that fight and even if he did lose there is NO way he lost 8 roounds. I watched that fight at least 3 times since it happened.

3/26/14 1:29 PM
pharochuck
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Chris27 -

stevenson wanted no part of Kovalev.  HBO said they would pick up this fight if they had a guaratee of the Kovalev fight but they said no and bounced to Showtime.

Not true. Showtime offered more money period for this fight and a fight against Bernard Hopkins which is a bigger money fight for Stevenson. He's 35 and chasing the money and he hates Hopkins with a passion for his antics and comments against pascal. He went with bigger money and a fight that Canadians and Haitians want him to take and that's Hopkins. Phone Post 3.0
3/26/14 2:56 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I personally feel Stevenson wants nothing to do with Kovalev right now.
3/26/14 10:06 PM
The Mouth

Ohhhhh fuck Bradley.  Gifted decision after gifted decision.

I hope Pac breaks his jaw.

3/27/14 1:01 AM
Fedoral Crime
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pharochuck -
Chris27 -

Not true. Showtime offered more money period for this fight and a fight against Bernard Hopkins which is a bigger money fight for Stevenson. He's 35 and chasing the money and he hates Hopkins with a passion for his antics and comments against pascal. He went with bigger money and a fight that Canadians and Haitians want him to take and that's Hopkins. Phone Post 3.0
I'm not too familiar with his situation but did Stevenson sign an exclusive multi fight deal with Showtime or did they just offer him more money for his next fight?

That's definitely a good enough reason to sign with Showtime if he is getting more money but you have to think that if he actually seemed willing to fight Kovalev, HBO would break the bank to keep him.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck! Lol! Phone Post 3.0
3/27/14 3:02 AM
EKPOGI
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pacquiao fan here but that facking religious sh1t is annoying.
3/28/14 1:37 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

FightHype.com has learned through a very reliable source that it appears both Top Rank and K2 Promotions are ready to move forward with a proposed super middleweight showdown between former middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and WBA middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin. The fight is tentatively scheduled for July 19th at the Forum in Los Angeles, California.

Our source also informed us that the Golovkin camp has requested a $500,000 fine for every pound that Chavez Jr. is over the contracted weight limit of 168 pounds. Although Arum was previously considering former light heavyweight champion Jean Pascal as a possible next opponent for Chavez Jr., word is that he backed off of that idea when he learned that Pascal could be close to signing with influential adviser Al Haymon, thus opening the door for Golovkin. HBO is already on board for the fight, which now appears very likely to happen this summer.

Be sure to check FightHype often as more information becomes available.

[UPDATE: FightHype.com has been informed that the weight penalty is even more than our initial report of $500,000. According to the latest update from one source, Golovkin will receive a whopping $1 million for every pound that Chavez Jr. is over the contracted 168-pound weight limit.]
3/28/14 1:42 PM
KFP49
790 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ good deal for GGG. Can't wait to see that fight. I hope GGG beats Chavez. Phone Post 3.0
3/28/14 1:49 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol I made one post today and got voted down?
3/28/14 1:50 PM
KFP49
790 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - lol I made one post today and got voted down?
That really shouldn't come as a surprise on this site. Take a vtfu, friend. Phone Post 3.0
3/28/14 1:54 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

thanks bro, probably a cuckold MMA fan lol
3/28/14 2:52 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy

Hahaha 1m per pound.

I'd be trolling Chavez' camp sending over pizzas and shit lol Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.