UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

4/11/14 3:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tomato Can
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joshua looks awesome but of course his level of competition has been very low so far.

Brits are already talking up Hughie Fury but his competition has been similarly terrible.

Wilder is going to take such an unbelievably huge step up in class against the Arreola/Stiverne II winner, it's going to be fascinating to watch.
4/11/14 3:10 PM
lockon
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tbi0904 -
chadk - " Marques game plan was complete shit."

I saw a Marquez who, compared to his prior bout, looked, slower, less muscular & a man of 40 years old who couldn't pull the trigger. Coincidentally, Bradley insisted on random PED testing. I'm sure one had nothing to do with the other though. Phone Post 3.0
I said pretty much the same thing to some of my wife's Mexican co workers at a Christmas party and got the stink eye. I didn't make a lot of friends that night. Phone Post 3.0
Marquez shared his physique from the fourth Pacquiao fight with the 3rd one and the Fedchenko fight.

He didn't knock Manny down in their third, and couldn't finish Fedchenko.

I guess it's really difficult for some to just wrap their heads around him getting out boxed or fought?

It's not like he's been some explosive power puncher since working with Heredia when you look at the other bouts he's had with him at his side. Phone Post
4/11/14 3:19 PM
MarcVanBas
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomato Can - Joshua looks awesome but of course his level of competition has been very low so far.

Brits are already talking up Hughie Fury but his competition has been similarly terrible.

Wilder is going to take such an unbelievably huge step up in class against the Arreola/Stiverne II winner, it's going to be fascinating to watch.

I think most brits think tyson is fun to watch and gets good numbers on tv views because of that. You got to remmber he is on free tv so people will tune in.
4/11/14 3:23 PM
Tomato Can
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hughie Fury is Tyson's cousin. I think he's only 19 or 20 and just turned pro a year ago but already has like 10 fights.

Definitely looking forward to Fury/Chisora II, hopefully we get a way to watch it stateside.
4/11/14 3:29 PM
Tomato Can

BTW I will be very disappointed if Wlad/Pulev doesn't happen by the end of the year. Pulev is the clear #2 HW in the world, this fight should already be happening now, it absolutely blows that they've danced around it like this.
4/11/14 3:29 PM
MarcVanBas

Tomato Can - Hughie Fury is Tyson's cousin. I think he's only 19 or 20 and just turned pro a year ago but already has like 10 fights.

Definitely looking forward to Fury/Chisora II, hopefully we get a way to watch it stateside.

hahha sorry read your post wrong, yeah seen hughie fight but forgot he was even a heavy weight thought he was smaller for some reason. my bad.
4/11/14 3:38 PM
MarcVanBas

Edited: 04/11/14 3:38 PM
4/11/14 3:57 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
851 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomato Can - 
Barry_BondsMVP - I just don't think HBO is in to the smaller weight classes, that seems more for Showtime these days. I can't remember the last time HBO has aired fights from 130 class and down???

I'm older now so my memory is slowly deteriorating lol

They've televised Rigondeaux, Mikey Garcia, and Donaire's last several fights. Plus Martinez/Romero and probably a few others.

forgot about Garcia and Donaire. Donaire has pretty much hit his ceiling imo and HBO ripped Rigondeaux in his last fight. Thanks bro.
4/11/14 3:59 PM
chadk
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"It's not like he's been some explosive power puncher since working with Heredia when you look at the other bouts he's had with him at his side."

The 4th bout with Manny was were he was noticeably thicker, leaner and stronger. Prior to that he'd gone 36 rounds with Manny and was never able to deter Pacquiao with his punching power. Suddenly, in that fight he lands two right hands. One in the 2nd round that skids Manny across the ring and the second one that ended the fight and appeared to kill him momentarily. Let's not forget the vid of him cleaning and pressing 225lbs in the gym prior to the 4th bout. How many 145lb 40 year olds do you know who could do that?

He wasn't nearly as strong nor as sharp against Bradley. Granted, Bradley fought a great tactical fight but Marquez looked his age in there too. You can disagree with us but most people find it odd that he seemed to fall off so dramatically from one fight to the next, when there just happened to be random testing involved.
4/11/14 4:01 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
851 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarcVanBas - Barry how good is wilder really?

he has talent and power, but hasn't really been tested. I think the winner of Arreola/Stiverne would be a real test for him.

Zack a really intriguing HW fight I like, Bryant Jennings vs Mike Perez. I feel Jennings is the best American HW, we'll see if he's the real deal in this fight.
4/11/14 4:04 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Glazkov could be someone to keep an eye on at HW.
4/11/14 4:05 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

LAS VEGAS -- Manny Pacquiao is taking a pay cut from the first fight he had with Timothy Bradley Jr. two years ago and Bradley is getting a handsome raise.

But Pacquiao, the star of the show, will still be making way more than his rival.

Their official purses for their rematch on Saturday night (HBO PPV) at the MGM Grand are $6 million apiece, according the contracts filed with the Nevada State Athletic Commission. However, Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told ESPN.com on Wednesday that Pacquiao is guaranteed a minimum of $20 million, much of which will be paid out in the weeks after he collects the $6 million check on fight night.

Both boxers, according to Arum, also will earn upside depending on how well the pay-per-view performs, and Arum said he believes it will exceed 1 million buys. He said he is basing that figure on anecdotal information he has received from HBO PPV executives. The first Pacquiao-Bradley fight in June 2012, which Bradley won by extremely controversial decision to claim a welterweight world title, generated 890,000 pay-per-view buys and more than $50 million in revenue.

Pacquiao's guarantee for the first fight with Bradley was $26 million. Bradley, who will earn a career-high purse on Saturday, made $5 million for the fight two years ago.

The other purses for the bouts that will be televised on the pay-per-view broadcast:

• Lightweight Raymundo Beltran will earn $85,000 and last-minute replacement opponent Arash Usmanee will receive $80,000 in the co-feature.

• Junior welterweight titlist Khabib Allakhverdiev will make $250,000 and challenger Jessie Vargas is getting $90,000.

• Interim junior lightweight titleholder Bryan Vasquez will get $55,000 and challenger Jose Felix Jr. will make $40,000.
4/11/14 4:11 PM
chadk
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

" last-minute replacement opponent Arash Usmanee will receive $80,000"

Somewhere, Nate Diaz is screaming in anger reading that lol.
4/11/14 4:15 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol Chad
4/11/14 4:22 PM
pharochuck
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
zackthewop - Any heavyweights I should be looking out for?

Seems like it's time for a new breed of heavyweights to come and take over. I admittedly don't follow close attention to the higher weight classes. Phone Post 3.0

bryant jennings. enough size to deal witht the super heavies, 225 and smooth fighter and already has a few wins over solid fighters despite not even have 20 pro fights. anthony joshua looks like he's going to be good and they are fast tracking him, in his 5th fight he fought a guy who was 22-14.

4/11/14 4:22 PM
chadk

I've only seen Bermane Stiverne fight once (Arreola) but he looked to have potential in that bout. He adjusted in there, showed poise, skills and respectable power. I look forward to seeing if that was just Arreola making him look good, or if he is a legit prospect.
4/11/14 4:31 PM
chadk

Tebow For President - I still can't believe Pac-Bradley 2 is tomorrow. Not getting that big fight feel unfortunately. Would be something if Bradley got robbed.

If it goes to the judges, it could be wider in favor of Pacquiao than the audience sees it. Vegas judges seem to try to "make up" for robbing fighters sometimes. Look at the Barrera and Morales rematch or Holyfield & Lewis rematch as evidence.
4/11/14 5:07 PM
Tomato Can

chadk - I've only seen Bermane Stiverne fight once (Arreola) but he looked to have potential in that bout. He adjusted in there, showed poise, skills and respectable power. I look forward to seeing if that was just Arreola making him look good, or if he is a legit prospect.

Stiverne kinda sucks and I wouldn't be surprised if Arreola beat him in the rematch. He almost lost to Ray Austin a few years ago. At 35 he's not young enough to be a prospect either.
4/11/14 6:26 PM
chadk

Tomato Can -
chadk - I've only seen Bermane Stiverne fight once (Arreola) but he looked to have potential in that bout. He adjusted in there, showed poise, skills and respectable power. I look forward to seeing if that was just Arreola making him look good, or if he is a legit prospect.

Stiverne kinda sucks and I wouldn't be surprised if Arreola beat him in the rematch. He almost lost to Ray Austin a few years ago. At 35 he's not young enough to be a prospect either.
Shit, didn't realize he was that old. Phone Post 3.0
4/11/14 6:33 PM
HenryO

Tomato Can - 

Haha 35 is still somehow kinda young at Heavyweight in 2014

4/11/14 6:54 PM
chadk

Tebow, Marquez shook him before but never skidded him across the ring. I don't take disagreement online personally. So, no need for disclaimers. We're good. I'm cool disagreeing with some of you. Keeps things interesting here. Phone Post 3.0
4/11/14 6:57 PM
pharochuck
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator

i expect bradley to really outwork and outhustle pac. bradley is at his peak and manny is just past it

4/11/14 7:38 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

thanks KJ here's the weigh in vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vexcGKFUZGs
4/11/14 10:03 PM
Fedoral Crime
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is anyone predicting that the Pac/Bradley fight doesn't go the distance?

I think it'll be similar to the Rios fight with more exchanges early on but after Manny connects with a few power shots, Bradley will get a bit gun shy and he'll be defensive for a lot of the fight. If there's going to be a stoppage I'd say it'd be a TKO in the late rounds for Pac.

I know Manny gets a bit reckless at times with his "aggressiveness" and he is very susceptible to being KO'd by someone with a bit of power and timing but I don't think Bradley has enough of either.

Whatever happens I'm sure it'll be entertaining just like nearly every Pacquaio fight I've ever watched. I don't know how anyone can hate that little Filipino son of a gun. Legend Phone Post 3.0
4/11/14 10:12 PM
KFP49
970 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tebow For President - I still can't believe Pac-Bradley 2 is tomorrow. Not getting that big fight feel unfortunately. Would be something if Bradley got robbed.
I'm stoked man. Going to a huge party for this tomorrow. But Pac is my favorite fighter, so of course I'm gonna be excited.

I'm not gonna count on it at this stage of his career, but I hope Manny shows that killer instinct he used to have and knocks out Bradley. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.