UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

4/1/14 9:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Barry_BondsMVP
890 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kovalev's HBO Headlining Debut Draws Over 1 Million

By Jake Donovan

Despite going in as a 38-1 favorite against an unknown opponent, Sergey Kovalev came up big in his debut as an HBO main event fighter. The Russian knockout artist managed a respectable rating over just over 1 million viewers for his March 29th knockout win over Cedric Agnew in Atlantic City.

Kovalev’s 7th round knockout win over Agnew was viewed in 1.006 million homes, according to data obtained from Nielsen Media Research.

The ratings pull gives HBO its second consecutive boxing telecast of more than 1 million viewers, and third straight fight to hit that mark. Both legs of the March 1 doubleheader reached “two-comma” viewership, with Julio Cesar Chavez Jr’s repeat win over Bryan Vera serving as the year’s highest rated cable boxing telecast with 1.39 million viewers tuned in. The March1 co-feature saw Orlando Salido barely outlast rookie Vasyl Lomachenko, with their 12-round split decision playing to 1.017 million homes.

The show was designed to set up a fall clash with lineal light heavyweight king Adonis Stevenson, who instead chose a more lucrative deal with Showtime for his May 24 title defense versus fringe contender Andrzej Fonfara.

With Stevenson walking (some will argue running) across the street, Kovalev is left with few desirable options for his next appearance on HBO. It didn’t detract from viewership interest; in fact, the turn of events dominated the weekly headlines, with all eyes still on Kovalev last Saturday.

Plans for an off-TV (or at least off-HBO) fight in Russia in May are currently delayed, due to Kovalev—now 24-0-1 (22KO)–suffering cuts over both eyes. The reigning light heavyweight titlist figures to return to the ring sometime in the early summer.
4/1/14 10:15 PM
Tomato Can
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kovalev/Pascal will be a great fight. I ain't mad at that.
4/1/14 10:18 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
890 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yea that would be nice
4/3/14 8:20 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Pernick
Keane
Trowbridge

are the judges for Pac-Bradley
4/3/14 8:25 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

just found this out, Gary Russell's bro charged for murder.

We are reading and hearing reports that former Beltway Boxer Gary "Fast Hands" Jones has been arrested and charged with second-degree murder in the shooting death of Cinaway Morson this past Monday.

According to police reports, Jones allegedly shot Morson in the Sweet Soul Cafe and Lounge on Southern Avenue in Oxon Hill, MD just before 5 PM on January 13. Jones was the owner of the club. According to WJLA-TV, authorities received an anonymous tip that someone had been shot inside the building, which was closed to customers. When the police arrived, they found Morson shot to death. Police tracked down Jones a short time later and found what may have been the murder weapon.

The 35-year-old Jones (22-2, eight KO's) fought off and on from 1996-2011. Previous legal issues kept Jones away from the ring for almost eight years. Jones is the older brother of the fighting Russell Family.
4/5/14 12:02 AM
Fedoral Crime
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - Pernick
Keane
Trowbridge

are the judges for Pac-Bradley
That name Trowbridge sounds familiar and not the good type of familiar. Was he a judge in a controversial fight recently? Phone Post 3.0
4/6/14 12:20 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Trowbridge had it 116-112 for Pacquiao in the 3rd JMM fight lol
4/6/14 6:56 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

looks like Macklin vs DeGale on the Jennings/Perez card, both are good fights.
4/7/14 2:57 PM
chadk
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So, Bradley's been steady questioning Manny's hunger but I just read an interview where Bradley says he won't have to fight again after this bout. Not exactly what I'd want to hear my fighter saying days out from the bout. http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/boxingnews24/XJkL/~3/TECECyZ86Z4/ Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 3:19 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

haven't read the interview, but I'm wondering how much of the past punishment is taking it's toll on Bradley. Unless he fights the perfect fight, he's going to take some shots again this weekend.
4/7/14 3:29 PM
OnlyPirateFan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So who's Broner looking at after he beats Molina? Would him and Danny Fight? He would have to be in a title fight right? Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 3:33 PM
KJ!
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

letusbang.com, Co-Founder
I can't find the new 24/7 anywhere for the love of god! Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 3:33 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I doubt Haymon puts those two together.
4/7/14 3:34 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

is this it KJ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZmxivQWscI
4/7/14 6:46 PM
SubbedZER0
342 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.hbo.com/boxing/fights/2012/06-09-manny-pacquiao-vs-timothy-bradley/video/24-7-road-to-pacquiao-bradley.html#/boxing/fights/2014/04-12-manny-pacquiao-vs-timothy-bradley-jr/video/24-7-pacquiao-vs-bradley-2-pt-2.html/eNrjcmbO0CzLTEnNd8xLzKksyUx2zs8rSa0oYc5Xz89JgQkGJKan+iXmpjIXsjFyMjKyMbJJJ5aW5BfkJFbalhSVpgIAV3AXOA==

HBO finally put it up on their website........link above. Was annoyed that a part 3 preview was uploaded by HBO's Youtube page before the second full episode was even put out for 'on demand' or Youtube.  Finally watching this now. Hope all is still well bros.

4/7/14 9:36 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

you're the man subb, good seeing you...hope all is going well.
4/7/14 9:37 PM
KJ!
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - is this it KJ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZmxivQWscI
Yeah that's it man but it was some guy recording his tv I saw it earlier my body can't take that kind of quality. Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 9:37 PM
KJ!

Subbed I may have to be on PC for that one eh cause it's not working on phone. Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 9:43 PM
KJ!

Yep PC. Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 10:50 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

try Subb's link, sorry about that.

oh yea, Canelo says he's returning July 12th and he wants Lara.
4/7/14 11:17 PM
zackthewop
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Barry..... Sn bet on pac vs Bradley? Phone Post 3.0
4/7/14 11:32 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

I'm leaning with Pac in this one, you Zack?
4/7/14 11:56 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - try Subb's link, sorry about that.

oh yea, Canelo says he's returning July 12th and he wants Lara.
Quick turn around after fighting Ishe on May 2nd. I like that Canelo wants to stay active. More money for him and more entertainment for us. Phone Post 3.0
4/8/14 12:13 AM
KnockoutThoughts
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm taking old new hunger and fire Pacman by super saiyan onslaught. Bradley will be determined to prove himself after all the controversy surrounding his gift win, so I expect fireworks. I'm excited and anxious for a great weekend of boxing! Can't wait!! Phone Post 3.0
4/8/14 12:14 AM
KnockoutThoughts
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pacman! Pacman! Pacman! Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.