UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

4/11/14 10:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
pharochuck
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Fedoral Crime - Is anyone predicting that the Pac/Bradley fight doesn't go the distance?

I think it'll be similar to the Rios fight with more exchanges early on but after Manny connects with a few power shots, Bradley will get a bit gun shy and he'll be defensive for a lot of the fight. If there's going to be a stoppage I'd say it'd be a TKO in the late rounds for Pac.

I know Manny gets a bit reckless at times with his "aggressiveness" and he is very susceptible to being KO'd by someone with a bit of power and timing but I don't think Bradley has enough of either.

Whatever happens I'm sure it'll be entertaining just like nearly every Pacquaio fight I've ever watched. I don't know how anyone can hate that little Filipino son of a gun. Legend Phone Post 3.0

nothing in bradley's career has shown that pac will be able to stop him.

4/11/14 11:52 PM
TzTinkle
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I question how much was taken out of Bradley in that Provodnikov fight. It's going to be an interesting fight.
4/12/14 12:10 AM
Fedoral Crime
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pharochuck -
Fedoral Crime - Is anyone predicting that the Pac/Bradley fight doesn't go the distance?

I think it'll be similar to the Rios fight with more exchanges early on but after Manny connects with a few power shots, Bradley will get a bit gun shy and he'll be defensive for a lot of the fight. If there's going to be a stoppage I'd say it'd be a TKO in the late rounds for Pac.

I know Manny gets a bit reckless at times with his "aggressiveness" and he is very susceptible to being KO'd by someone with a bit of power and timing but I don't think Bradley has enough of either.

Whatever happens I'm sure it'll be entertaining just like nearly every Pacquaio fight I've ever watched. I don't know how anyone can hate that little Filipino son of a gun. Legend Phone Post 3.0

nothing in bradley's career has shown that pac will be able to stop him.

I'm not so sure about that. In his fight with Prov and at times in his first fight with Manny he showed that he's not afraid to brawl and if he gets in too many of those tomorrow I could see him getting caught with some big shots that could end up stopping the fight later on.

I know he showed great heart to come back against Prov but that was a super close fight and at times he looked 1 punch away from being stopped.

Manny does have legit power that's shut a lot of great fighters down albeit not in quite a while.

But if I was a betting man I definitely wouldn't put money on a stoppage, I think Pac takes this fight by DC. As tough and as improved Bradley is from their last fight I don't think he's good enough to beat Pac yet.

I've never done an SN bet before but if you're up for it I'll bet you for this fight. Phone Post 3.0
4/12/14 12:53 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
814 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol at Roach comparing Bradley to Rios.

Bradley said he's gonna go all out, I hope he's just trying to sell the fight, wouldn't be smart to brawl with Manny. He was trying to bait Manny during the weigh ins, telling him to say, tell me you're gonna knock me out lol. I'm excited though.
4/12/14 2:13 AM
KnockoutThoughts
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/12/14 2:17 AM
This fight is huge for me. I can't wait till tomorrow. Pacman is my favorite boxer of this generation, but with the odds on this fight I say the smart money will be on Bradley. Pac has a chance to KO Bradley, but most of the public money will be on Pacquiao. So imo Pac has one way to win, and that is by stoppage or complete destruction so that the judges don't find a bs story to rob him. Bradley is the undefeated fighter and you'd be a fool to think the 0 doesn't factor in swaying the judges. So simply put Manny has 1 way to win this fight, by stoppage. He won't get a decision. Bradley has 3 ways. He can really win the fight on decision, he can KO Pac on a miracle punch, or he can be awarded the fight on a bs decision. Vegas will definitely be present in this match. Hopefully this one doesn't go to the judges so we can avoid the controversy!! My money will be on Bradley since it's at plus money and because it makes it a win win situation if he loses. If he loses I take satisfaction in knowing Manny won. If he wins, I get paid to help me soothe my hurt feelings...haha.
4/12/14 2:45 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
814 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can see those scenarios playing out Knockout, but I wouldn't throw out a Pac decision either though. Judge Trowbridge who's judging tomorrow had Pac winning the 3rd JMM fight, 116-112. Let's not forget Arum loves his in house fights and rematches. He'd love to see a 3rd fight.
4/12/14 3:34 AM
KnockoutThoughts
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - I can see those scenarios playing out Knockout, but I wouldn't throw out a Pac decision either though. Judge Trowbridge who's judging tomorrow had Pac winning the 3rd JMM fight, 116-112. Let's not forget Arum loves his in house fights and rematches. He'd love to see a 3rd fight.
BarryBonds you're right bro. I hope Manny wins. That said, I hope we get a clean cut winner, none of the funny business. A dirty decision for Pac would still be bs. I hope the boxing gods dish out a clear victory whichever way it goes. I'm pumped! Hopefully i can clear my thoughts tonight so I can get some sleep. I'm going to lock my bets in tomorrow, right after I see them walk in the ring. A fighter's confidence walking in speaks volumes. Who you got Bonds? Phone Post 3.0
4/12/14 1:14 PM
Wasa-B
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How bad does Pac need the KO guys to revitalize his career? Or does a dominant beating still do the job?

4/12/14 1:14 PM
Wasa-B
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, you guys notice Sherdog is covering boxing now?
4/12/14 1:38 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol yea I noticed that too Wasa-B.

dominating Bradley with out fading or letting off the gas late would be beneficial.

thanks KJ, most already feel Bradley should have 2 losses as it is.
4/12/14 3:11 PM
zackthewop
314 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - lol yea I noticed that too Wasa-B.

dominating Bradley with out fading or letting off the gas late would be beneficial.

thanks KJ, most already feel Bradley should have 2 losses as it is.
What?

2?

Obviously the pac fight but people think providinok won? Phone Post 3.0
4/12/14 3:45 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea a lot felt Provodnikov won.
4/12/14 3:45 PM
BeeTrain
411 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pharochuck -

i expect bradley to really outwork and outhustle pac. bradley is at his peak and manny is just past it

Care to wager? Phone Post 3.0
4/12/14 5:42 PM
buddie
374 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Provodnikov looked awesome, but he was clearly outpointed against Bradley. Bradley is an excellent fighter, but the Pacquiao that fought Rios is better than the Bradley who beat Marquez is likely ever going to be. He's a special fighter.

Taking nothing away from the great and masterful Marquez or Bradley. That's a case of match-ups IMO.
4/12/14 5:46 PM
chadk
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Manny wins. He's equally fast, if not faster, hits much harder, and an awkward, mobile southpaw who's hard to train and prep for. All the respect due to Bradley. I think Pacquiao is a bad matchup for him. Phone Post 3.0
4/12/14 5:53 PM
OnCall
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it going to be a good fight? Should I buy it?
4/12/14 5:55 PM
buddie
374 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Pac is faster and Bradley will never match up great against him. Bradley can't hurt him, he can try to frustrate him and out point him, but that rapid fire punching from odd angles favors Manny.

I'm very impressed with Bradley, but I don't think he's advanced enough, or that Manny has dropped off enough to tip the fight in his favor. In the first fight, Bradley showed great reflexes, but Manny still regularly hit him 2 times out of a 4 or 5 punch combination which Bradley had no answer for.
4/12/14 5:56 PM
buddie

OnCall - Is it going to be a good fight? Should I buy it?

It is a good fight with two very good fighters. Competitive match-up. You have to decide for yourself if it is worth $70.
4/12/14 6:14 PM
stillmatic
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bradley will use lots of movement. I don't really see how he can win a decision fighting this way against Pacquiao crooked judging aside It worked against Marquez, because Marquez isn't someone who likes attack. Bradley isn't the type of counter puncher Marquez is that will give Pacquiao problems. Marquez could exchange with Pacquiao, Bradley can't. As long as Pacquiao doesn't run into something by fighting dumb and doesn't step off the gas pedal, he should win the fight pretty cleanly.
4/12/14 7:48 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Boxing gives Manny problems. A simple jab like JMM and Morales used was the key to victory against him. If Bradley avoids exchanging he has a good shot. The foot work and boxing of Bradley's is good enough to win.
4/12/14 9:07 PM
chadk
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bradley can box but when Manny stings him, and he will, Bradley's warrior instincts will take over. And, that will cost him. He's got a good chin but he'll still suffer the worst of those exchanges. Phone Post 3.0
4/12/14 9:12 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

yea that's for sure, from his interviews he's already talking about giving the fans what they want....going to war etc. not a good mentality for his sake.
4/12/14 9:35 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

as a Bradley fan, I hope not lol.

going to be at my neighbors watching the fights, I'll try to post from my phone, but for sure after the fights.

Thanks again gentlemen for making this a drama free thread, I enjoy talking the sport of Boxing with everyone that contributes.
4/12/14 10:34 PM
MarkRobinson
1421 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone know where I can watch this in Tokyo? Thanks

4/12/14 10:40 PM
allforroy
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got a buddy in Athens Georgia that is losing his mind trying to find the fight...can anybody help?

Thanks! Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.