UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

4/13/14 6:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
stillmatic
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bradley is just difficult to fight period. He does everything relatively well and gives you different looks throughout the fight. It's hard to really get any kind of rhythm against him, because he's so awkward and changes things up so often.

I think he needed to do that to stop Pacquiao from timing him, but it's hard to win a decision fighting the kind of fight he did. He needed to make it a stinker type of fight to win a decision against Pacquiao.
4/13/14 7:06 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
850 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - 
Barry_BondsMVP - Manny would kill Maidana.

Wasa-B, Bradley was having success in the first half of the fight using his jab and getting off first.

Yeah, he def stopped jabbing after the first bit. I wonder how Pac would have adapted had Bradley kept on doing that? Bradley also seemed to be the one coming forward at first or was having success when he was?

he had three different game plans last night lol. First three rounds he boxed from the outside with his jab, his best success in the fight. Rounds 4-6 he wanted to smother Pacquiao on the inside and go to the body. 7-12 he just looked to load up on one punch.
4/13/14 9:23 PM
Randy Watson
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes spot on. You do wonder how much the bad press from the first fight played on Bradley's mind. He seemed way to determined to make a statement rather than win the fight. And he's never been a KO artist so why start now ?
4/13/14 10:12 PM
chadk
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was watching it with friends from the gym. I noticed Bradley was quick to shell up and move a lot every time Pac so much as twitched. I said then: "Manny should feint the shit outta him to tire him out" Seemed like he did just that from the 5th on. Nothing too obvious but he sold it enough to get Tim to hesitate long enough to pick him off with solid potshots.

Lara is a risky move for Canelo. Good for him for taking that bout. I like Lara's chances but he sems so inconsistent, I can't outright pick him to win. Phone Post 3.0
4/13/14 10:34 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
491 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ellerbee confirms the Ishe fight is off, as expected. Phone Post 3.0
4/14/14 1:59 AM
MarkRobinson
1330 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/14/14 2:01 AM
Wasa-B - 
Barry_BondsMVP - Manny would kill Maidana.

Wasa-B, Bradley was having success in the first half of the fight using his jab and getting off first.

Yeah, he def stopped jabbing after the first bit. I wonder how Pac would have adapted had Bradley kept on doing that? Bradley also seemed to be the one coming forward at first or was having success when he was?

I dont wanna sound like a goof here, im certainly not as astute in my observations as many. But having seen all of Mannys fights since Morales 1 and i cant say i recall him really make adjustments in the ring. Hes become a different type of fighter since then but i dont know if i can say hes good at adapting to adversity or altering his game plan. 

In this fight, he seemed to keep doing the same thing even when Bradley was having success. Eventually it was bradley game that changed, right?

4/14/14 2:19 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
850 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pretty much spot on Mark. Manny loves angles and being a buzzsaw, he'll never change that. He's just going to try and out gun you.

I remember reading how Roach said he changed Manny from just a one handed fighter to more well rounded. Manny was criticized for just having a left hand. He displayed a nice right hook against Hatton, but that notion came to rest in the third JMM fight. JMM kept turning Pac to his right, taking his left away and he got out boxed.
4/14/14 3:29 AM
KFP49
981 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/14/14 3:45 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol
4/14/14 10:07 AM
-D0DG3R D0GG13-
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LMFAO^^^^ Phone Post 3.0
4/15/14 10:22 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

WBO super featherweight champion Mikey Garcia has filed a lawsuit against his own promotional company, Top Rank. According to court documents obtained by Jeandra LeBeauf of BadCulture.net, Garcia alleges that Top Rank attempted to "exploit, own and permanently control" his boxing career and has consistently violated the Muhammad Ali Boxing Reform Act. The lawsuit states that Top Rank insisted that Garcia sign a contract that gave the company "the ability to extend the agreement indefinitely, essentially rendering the contracting fighter an indentured servant of Top Rank."

Garcia is looking to break free of Top Rank by seeking a declaration from the court which states that he "has no further obligations" and "is free to schedule future fights without any further interference from Top Rank." Evidently, Garcia initially signed a 5-year "Promotional Rights Agreement" with Top Rank on April 13, 2006. On February 27, 2009, Top Rank entered into a second 5-year "Promotional Rights Agreement" with Garcia prior to the original agreement ending, thus extending his commitment to the company to February 27, 2014 without first giving him the opportunity to negotiate a new contract with any promoter. Essentially, Garcia is saying that the two contracts overlapping each other put him into a 8-year long-term deal, which violates the Boxing Reform Act.

There are several other violations that the lawsuit cites, including alleging that Top Rank improperly acted as Garcia's manager by "arranging Garcia's bouts," "selecting 'in its discretion' the date of each bout", "selecting 'in its discretion' the site of each bout", "determining the financial arrangements of Garcia's bouts", "receiving or being entitled to receive more than ten (10%) percent of Garcia's gross purse as a professional boxer", and "selecting Garcia's opponents."
4/15/14 10:27 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
491 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HBO loses another star. I can see the Watson twins in Mikey's corner already Phone Post 3.0
4/15/14 10:50 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol Haymon is building quite the stable
4/16/14 1:23 AM
allforroy
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well I hope that doesn't keep him out for too long. Only so many guys with his ability and youth out there. Phone Post 3.0
4/16/14 2:14 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

what's Arum going to do when Manny retires?
4/16/14 2:25 AM
KFP49
981 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - what's Arum going to do when Manny retires?

That old fuck should be the one retiring, but we're not that lucky.
4/16/14 2:40 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol that is true, him and King will never go away.

KFP give me a Gif of Arum and King as the Crypt Keeper haha
4/16/14 3:18 AM
KFP49

^ lol. Now that's a project. I may have to work on that someday though.
4/16/14 4:30 AM
Fedoral Crime
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With the amount of pro boxers in his family you'd think they would've been able to see that Mikey was signing a dodgy contract.

It sounds like Al Haymon and Richard Schaefer found a loophole in his contract. Good for Mikey, the only fight that could've been made was against Gamboa and TR/HBO still fucked it up.

Would love to see Mikey vs Broner at 140lbs. Hopefully it gets sorted out soon. Phone Post 3.0
4/16/14 2:13 PM
TzTinkle
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://deadspin.com/why-i-fixed-fights-1535114232

I love a good boxing tale, and this is one of the best I've read.
4/16/14 2:42 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

thanks Tz
4/16/14 3:09 PM
KFP49

Barry_BondsMVP - lol that is true, him and King will never go away.

KFP give me a Gif of Arum and King as the Crypt Keeper haha

No time for a gif, but here's this lol.

4/16/14 3:22 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHA
4/16/14 3:50 PM
chadk
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice commentary from Dougie Fischer on Pacquiao:

"What makes Manny special to me is the way he’s rebounded from losses. After losing the WBC flyweight title to Medgoen Singsurat (on the scales before getting stopped in the ring), Pacquiao went unbeaten in his next 15 bouts, winning a 122-pound title from the formidable Lehlo Ledwaba, defending that IBF strap against tough veterans Agapito Sanchez and Jorge Julio, and beating Marco Antonio Barrera for THE RING (and lineal) featherweight championship.

Pacquiao took on Marquez immediately after beating Barrera, who was rated in everyone’s pound-for-pound top 3 when they fought. I’ll always respect him for having the balls to do this. Marquez was at his best at featherweight and he had been avoided by all the stars of the division (Naseem Hamed, Barrera and Erik Morales). Whether you think he won the fight, or should have lost to Marquez, or if you think the draw was fair (as I do), you have to give Pacquiao props for taking on Barrera (57-3 at the time) and Marquez in back-to-back bouts if you have any respect or understanding of the sport.

One fight after the Marquez draw, Pacquiao took on Morales at 130 pounds and lost a close decision in a classic fight. What does Pac do after that setback? He runs off 15 consecutive wins that include two stoppages of Morales, rematch decisions over Barrera and Marquez, titles at 130, 135, 140 (if you count THE RING title that Ricky Hatton held – and you should) and 147, plus knockouts of Oscar De La Hoya, Hatton and Miguel Cotto. That’s a badass streak. I don’t even have to mention the decisions over top-five contender Joshua Clottey, future hall of famer Shane Mosley, and Margarito (who probably had 20 pounds on Pac on fight night).

Pacquiao is definitely one of the most impressive competitors that I’ve had the privilege to cover."
4/16/14 4:11 PM
tbi0904
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TzTinkle - http://deadspin.com/why-i-fixed-fights-1535114232

I love a good boxing tale, and this is one of the best I've read.

Great story.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.