UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

4/13/14 6:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tilla
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lick Boners - I will laugh if Mayweather wants to suddenly fight Pacman at this point in time. Hope Manny retires, nothing left to prove

Knowing Floyd, that's exactly what he'll do...

It'll be a fantastic day for Boxing when he retires.
4/13/14 6:22 AM
Lick Boners

Tilla - 
Lick Boners - I will laugh if Mayweather wants to suddenly fight Pacman at this point in time. Hope Manny retires, nothing left to prove

Yeah, I didn't even mean at as such a haterish comment but the fight should've happened atleast 5 years ago. Now Manny looks slowed down and Floyd probably starts calling him out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObyI_1iZMwY

From 9.00 forward, this is how scared Floyd was of poor little Manny while in his prime(ish) form.

Now, I don't think Pac would even touch Floyd once
4/13/14 6:25 AM
Lick Boners

Remember PBF fans, Floyd is smart, Floyd cares about his health. Lol
4/13/14 7:18 AM
Tilla

Lick Boners - 
Tilla - 

Yeah, I didn't even mean at as such a haterish comment but the fight should've happened atleast 5 years ago. Now Manny looks slowed down and Floyd probably starts calling him out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObyI_1iZMwY

From 9.00 forward, this is how scared Floyd was of poor little Manny while in his prime(ish) form.

Now, I don't think Pac would even touch Floyd once

Same here.

To Floyd, fighting Manny in '09 and '15 is the same thing.

He has ZERO guts. Zero. I'd say that he's all about the money, but he chose not to fight Manny and earn the biggest pay day of his life - So he's clearly scared of him.

Like I say, when he retires it'll be a great day for Boxing. Dude just rapes the sport.
4/13/14 2:15 PM
Wasa-B
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How awkward or hard is it to look good against the way Bradley fought? Was that excessive bobbing low like that?

It did seem that the fight turned when Bradley supposedly hurt his calf but Pacs fought thru a few fights with calf cramps iirc as well. What was Bradley doing to keep Pac off early? Simply as coming forward?

I think Pac being Pac, i guess there are always gonna be crazy expectations. But I think he did well considering everything: he was def hunting for the KO but not like a tard. There is def something missing from his arsenal though whether it be the power in his punches, the footwork, the speed, the killer instinct.

Still, as an older fighter, you cant fight on killer instinct forever, you have to use your smarts and experience too.
4/13/14 2:36 PM
Tilla

I'd love to see Pac/Maidana just for the blend of styles.

Could be fireworks.
4/13/14 2:39 PM
EatonBeever
375 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/13/14 2:39 PM
EatonBeever
375 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/13/14 3:12 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
892 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Manny would kill Maidana.

Wasa-B, Bradley was having success in the first half of the fight using his jab and getting off first.
4/13/14 3:12 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
892 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moments ago, @canelooficial (the official Twitter account of Canelo Alvarez) announced that the Mexican star would face Cuba’s Erislandy Lara on his July 12 date at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
4/13/14 3:20 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - Moments ago, @canelooficial (the official Twitter account of Canelo Alvarez) announced that the Mexican star would face Cuba’s Erislandy Lara on his July 12 date at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
So what is the fight with Ishe off? Phone Post 3.0
4/13/14 3:21 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

not sure Gay, he announced it on twitter an hour ago.

I like Canelo in this fight
4/13/14 4:20 PM
tbi0904
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tebow For President -
Barry_BondsMVP - Moments ago, @canelooficial (the official Twitter account of Canelo Alvarez) announced that the Mexican star would face Cuba’s Erislandy Lara on his July 12 date at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Canelo can fight anyone the hardcores want him to fight, he still won't get any credit if he wins.

Good for the kid though. Doesn't duck no one.
Very true. Lara is the type of fighter that gets avoided like the plague, much like Marquez back in the day. Good on Canelo for taking this fight. Phone Post 3.0
4/13/14 4:21 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Pacquiao's mom was on that yama yama yama yammmmmaaaa lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP9k1pn9Mo0&feature=youtu.be
4/13/14 4:23 PM
Wasa-B
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - Manny would kill Maidana.

Wasa-B, Bradley was having success in the first half of the fight using his jab and getting off first.

Yeah, he def stopped jabbing after the first bit. I wonder how Pac would have adapted had Bradley kept on doing that? Bradley also seemed to be the one coming forward at first or was having success when he was?
4/13/14 6:48 PM
stillmatic
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ishe fight is off. I think Lara is better than Canelo, but he isn't the most active fighter and can get rounds stolen off him sometimes just due to activity. It will probably be a close fight and one of those fights where the decision could go either way, because of lots of close rounds.
4/13/14 6:55 PM
stillmatic
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bradley is just difficult to fight period. He does everything relatively well and gives you different looks throughout the fight. It's hard to really get any kind of rhythm against him, because he's so awkward and changes things up so often.

I think he needed to do that to stop Pacquiao from timing him, but it's hard to win a decision fighting the kind of fight he did. He needed to make it a stinker type of fight to win a decision against Pacquiao.
4/13/14 7:06 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

Wasa-B - 

Yeah, he def stopped jabbing after the first bit. I wonder how Pac would have adapted had Bradley kept on doing that? Bradley also seemed to be the one coming forward at first or was having success when he was?

he had three different game plans last night lol. First three rounds he boxed from the outside with his jab, his best success in the fight. Rounds 4-6 he wanted to smother Pacquiao on the inside and go to the body. 7-12 he just looked to load up on one punch.
4/13/14 9:23 PM
Randy Watson
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes spot on. You do wonder how much the bad press from the first fight played on Bradley's mind. He seemed way to determined to make a statement rather than win the fight. And he's never been a KO artist so why start now ?
4/13/14 10:12 PM
chadk
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was watching it with friends from the gym. I noticed Bradley was quick to shell up and move a lot every time Pac so much as twitched. I said then: "Manny should feint the shit outta him to tire him out" Seemed like he did just that from the 5th on. Nothing too obvious but he sold it enough to get Tim to hesitate long enough to pick him off with solid potshots.

Lara is a risky move for Canelo. Good for him for taking that bout. I like Lara's chances but he sems so inconsistent, I can't outright pick him to win. Phone Post 3.0
4/13/14 10:34 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ellerbee confirms the Ishe fight is off, as expected. Phone Post 3.0
4/14/14 1:59 AM
MarkRobinson
1143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/14/14 2:01 AM
Wasa-B - 

I dont wanna sound like a goof here, im certainly not as astute in my observations as many. But having seen all of Mannys fights since Morales 1 and i cant say i recall him really make adjustments in the ring. Hes become a different type of fighter since then but i dont know if i can say hes good at adapting to adversity or altering his game plan. 

In this fight, he seemed to keep doing the same thing even when Bradley was having success. Eventually it was bradley game that changed, right?

4/14/14 2:19 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

pretty much spot on Mark. Manny loves angles and being a buzzsaw, he'll never change that. He's just going to try and out gun you.

I remember reading how Roach said he changed Manny from just a one handed fighter to more well rounded. Manny was criticized for just having a left hand. He displayed a nice right hook against Hatton, but that notion came to rest in the third JMM fight. JMM kept turning Pac to his right, taking his left away and he got out boxed.
4/14/14 3:29 AM
KFP49
769 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/14/14 3:45 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

lol

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.