UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Stacked Weekend Of Boxing

4/20/14 2:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KnockoutThoughts
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/20/14 2:12 AM
Double post. App lag.
4/20/14 3:58 AM
Barry_BondsMVP
812 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

missed the fights, good for Hop, but I know he wont fight a threat like Kovalev or Ward, not that I blame him.

Paulie finally fought a legit WW and got crumbled, sad to hear.

hope everyone has a good Easter.
4/20/14 4:04 AM
KFP49
1094 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Missed the fights tonight, but happy Easter, bro. Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 5:58 AM
pharochuck
322 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
KnockoutThoughts - Shawn Porter and Pacquiao are my 2 favorite matchups to beat Mayweather. To beat Mayweather you can't play chess with him, you have to flip the table over and be aggressive. Take away his ability to think. Essentials required for this task are speed, handspeed, power, and gas tank. Pac and Porter both have that. Floyd will avoid Porter like he avoids Pac guaranteed. Phone Post 3.0

keith thurman would put porter out in less than 3 rounds. and its going to take more than aggression to beat mayweather

4/20/14 6:05 AM
KnockoutThoughts
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pharochuck -
KnockoutThoughts - Shawn Porter and Pacquiao are my 2 favorite matchups to beat Mayweather. To beat Mayweather you can't play chess with him, you have to flip the table over and be aggressive. Take away his ability to think. Essentials required for this task are speed, handspeed, power, and gas tank. Pac and Porter both have that. Floyd will avoid Porter like he avoids Pac guaranteed. Phone Post 3.0

keith thurman would put porter out in less than 3 rounds. and its going to take more than aggression to beat mayweather

Keith Thurman would put Mayweather out too if he connects. You say it like it doesn't apply to anyone he fights. Porter vs Thurman would actually be a damn good matchup of 2 hot prospects with power. I think Porter wins it. I saw Thurman rocked hard in the first round against Jesus Soto Karass. Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 7:58 AM
pharochuck
322 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
KnockoutThoughts - 
pharochuck -

Keith Thurman would put Mayweather out too if he connects. You say it like it doesn't apply to anyone he fights. Porter vs Thurman would actually be a damn good matchup of 2 hot prospects with power. I think Porter wins it. I saw Thurman rocked hard in the first round against Jesus Soto Karass. Phone Post 3.0

you are underestimating mayweather and thats weird. neither thurman or porter would win a round against mayweather. they both have pretty good power and thats pretty much all they are bringing to the dance. they are smaller welters 5'6, 5'7 and pretty much come forward to bang. that simply won't work against mayweather. it's going to take a 5'10, 5'11 welter with skills and no fear that wont stop throwing the jab after getting countered with the lead right to really bother mayweather. even oscar who fit the bill stopped jabbing. think younger oscar, trinidad, paul williams. guys close to 6'0 and would be close to 160 in the ring. longer reach than him and solid skills and willing to walk through his pot shots and not get frustrated and throw the game plan out like canelo. 

4/20/14 10:51 AM
Johnny D
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pharochuck -
KnockoutThoughts - 
pharochuck -

you are underestimating mayweather and thats weird. neither thurman or porter would win a round against mayweather. they both have pretty good power and thats pretty much all they are bringing to the dance. they are smaller welters 5'6, 5'7 and pretty much come forward to bang. that simply won't work against mayweather. it's going to take a 5'10, 5'11 welter with skills and no fear that wont stop throwing the jab after getting countered with the lead right to really bother mayweather. even oscar who fit the bill stopped jabbing. think younger oscar, trinidad, paul williams. guys close to 6'0 and would be close to 160 in the ring. longer reach than him and solid skills and willing to walk through his pot shots and not get frustrated and throw the game plan out like canelo. 

"Boxing is a science," says B. Hopkins. "If you don't have to get hit don't. You don't want anybody else counting your money."

I agree, tall with a good jab and thunderous right hand or left would be needed to stop Mayweather, Tommy Hearns type comes to mind. Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 11:29 AM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mayweather clowns both of these guys.

4/20/14 2:19 PM
The Mouth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hate B-Hop.

That being said.... there is no one fighting right now that beats PBF.

I know everyone hates him... it just isn't going to happen.  Don't care how big of a douche he is.

4/20/14 2:32 PM
stillmatic
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GGG would beat Mayweather at 154. He has the perfect style to break down Mayweather. Incredible power, excellent Jab, great body puncher, great balance and is always in position to punch.

That fight will never happen, but it would be great to watch.
4/20/14 2:41 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
812 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GGG needs to beat someone first lol. I enjoy watching the guy fight but people are riding his coat tails and he hasn't beat a top 3 MW.

GGG is very dangerous, but he has glaring holes in his defense, and lack of speed that Floyd would pick a part.
4/20/14 2:42 PM
Barry_BondsMVP

RIP to Ruben Hurricane Carter
4/20/14 2:43 PM
The Mouth

stillmatic - GGG would beat Mayweather at 154. He has the perfect style to break down Mayweather. Incredible power, excellent Jab, great body puncher, great balance and is always in position to punch.

I love GGG.

Don't think he lands on PBF.

Canelo sure couldnt... 

4/20/14 2:57 PM
stillmatic
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barry_BondsMVP - GGG needs to beat someone first lol. I enjoy watching the guy fight but people are riding his coat tails and he hasn't beat a top 3 MW.

GGG is very dangerous, but he has glaring holes in his defense, and lack of speed that Floyd would pick a part.

I wouldn't say he has glaring holes in his defense. He rarely gets hit clean as he rolls with most shots he does get hit with. He's also an offensive pressure fighter, so naturally he puts himself in harm's way more than someone who is thinking defense first.

I don't think he's slow by any means either. Castillo and Cotto weren't exactly known for speed either and they were able to get to Mayweather.

GGG does need some big fights. Chavez Jr would be a good first step and I think GGG dominates him.
4/20/14 3:03 PM
stillmatic

The Mouth - 
stillmatic - GGG would beat Mayweather at 154. He has the perfect style to break down Mayweather. Incredible power, excellent Jab, great body puncher, great balance and is always in position to punch.

I love GGG.

Don't think he lands on PBF.

Canelo sure couldnt... 

I think GGG does everything better than Canelo. I don't think Canelo fought the right fight either. He needed to use his size, hit Mayweather everywhere and wear him down. Boxing at a distance with Mayweather is a battle nobody can win.

The difference is GGG isn't just a head hunter. He's not someone that just looks for 1 shot. He throws combinations and goes to the body very well. GGG also hits incredibly hard, so even if his shots get blocked on the arms, Mayweather would still feel the effects of his punches, especially later in the fight.
4/20/14 3:27 PM
-D0DG3R D0GG13-
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol Phone Post 3.0
4/20/14 6:49 PM
PoundforPound
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/20/14 6:50 PM
So now Mayweather is ducking Shawn Porter? Lol. Ok.

GGG is fighting at 168 in his next fight. Yeah, let's throw Floyd in against a super middleweight. He's sure to lose then. *shakes head*

Anyway, I thought Hopkins looked very good for a 50 year old. If he fights like that against Adonis he might actually have a chance at winning and unifying 3 belts.

Porter appears to be fighting Kell Brook next. I'd love to see the winner of that against Keith Thurman...whoever comes out on top at the end would be a deserving and dangerous opponent for Floyd.
4/21/14 4:04 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

Interesting Porter/Brook, Brook had some issues in the first Carson Jones fight, he was lucky to survive that. He gets hit with the over hand right a lot.
4/21/14 4:10 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

stillmatic - 
Barry_BondsMVP - GGG needs to beat someone first lol. I enjoy watching the guy fight but people are riding his coat tails and he hasn't beat a top 3 MW.

I wouldn't say he has glaring holes in his defense. He rarely gets hit clean as he rolls with most shots he does get hit with. He's also an offensive pressure fighter, so naturally he puts himself in harm's way more than someone who is thinking defense first.

I don't think he's slow by any means either. Castillo and Cotto weren't exactly known for speed either and they were able to get to Mayweather.

GGG does need some big fights. Chavez Jr would be a good first step and I think GGG dominates him.

neither of them landed anything of significance. JCC just tried to bully someone that was fighting with one arm that night. Cotto won 2 rounds at best.

Now Floyd would be dumb to fight GGG like he did with Cotto, he wont sit in the pocket. He'll just move and pick his shots. GGG will follow him and get picked apart imo.

I would say GGG is his biggest threat from 140-154. We both agree he needs to step up, It's really not fair to compare him what he does with C/D level fighters and think he would be successful against one of the best skilled boxers ever.

But I understand, there's excitement with GGG because he knocks people out, the casual fans love that. GGG is skilled, has a great amateur pedigree, right now I personally feel he isn't on Floyd or Ward's level.
4/21/14 4:10 AM
Barry_BondsMVP

I meant JLC sorry.
4/21/14 8:36 AM
thefightingsheep
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GGG is heading in the wrong direction weigh-wise to fight Mayweather. I don't think that fight would prove anything either way--GGG is definitely much bigger and stronger and Mayweather is definitely a much better fighter. Sure there is a size limitation to what he can do, but that is not what I want to see when someone challenges him--he would lose to Robert Helenius if you just want to give him a fight to lose.

I still think that Khan matches up well with Mayweather but Khan matches up so poorly with some other top 10 (top 30?) fighters that I don't know if he can go on a run that will "earn" him the shot.
4/21/14 8:58 AM
Randy Watson
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Missed the fights. But happy easter all. And remember, I believe the children are our future... I will leave the rest to my band...
4/21/14 10:36 AM
Tomato Can
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel like Porter could maybe, just maybe, beat Floyd in 1-2 years. I have never seen anyone bulldoze Paulie like that before.
4/21/14 10:58 AM
chadk
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Paulie has slowed down and has zero punching power. He couldn't bust a grape with a running start. Floyd's not a big puncher but he hits hard enough to discourage the bum rush. Phone Post 3.0
4/21/14 11:06 AM
The Mouth

Tomato Can - I feel like Porter could maybe, just maybe, beat Floyd in 1-2 years. I have never seen anyone bulldoze Paulie like that before.

Paulie has NO power... If Broner would have taken the Porter approach we would have seen the same result.

Porter just didn't fuck around.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.